• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Does anybody believe the roster is even finalized? I bet there are still characters that have not yet been instituted that will be in the final roster.
If memory serves me right, Sakurai mentioned at some point how the complete roster has been decided since before E3. So unless they pull a "Sonic in Brawl," my understanding is the roster has been finalized for a while.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Guys, I totes know the final roster. I can tell you all the newcomers.

Villager was replaced with Ridley.
Mega Man was replaced with Meta Ridley.
Wii Fit Trainer was replaced with a pure white reskin of Ridley.
Rosalina and Luma were replaced with Ridley and Mini Ridley.
Ridley was replaced with Ridley.
Ridley.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
If memory serves me right, Sakurai mentioned at some point how the complete roster has been decided since before E3. So unless they pull a "Sonic in Brawl," my understanding is the roster has been finalized for a while.
Oh! I hadn't heard that. I guess they really are focusing on balance.

Question: why do people think K. Rool will be in SSB4? I know people want him in, but do we believe he will be in because demand, or for some other, legitimate, reason?
In my opinion K. Rool and Ridley are the two characters left that deserve to be in. They are icons of their series and Nintendo as a whole. Once they are added the roster is perfect from a representation stand point.

I've come to accept that K. Rool might not make it though, he hasn't been used in years.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Stop. We're not concerned with what the archaic definition is.
When the website blocks a word for you there's a chance we at the Bureau of Morality prefer you not to use it.
(this comes off more serious than I wanted but please understand)
No no, I understand.

I wasn't complaining about the word being censored. Whether or I like it or not the word is now considered an insult by many.

I was going on a rant about how the word's true definition ended up getting twisted into something else that it was never relativity close to being originally.

Sorry for the trouble.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Except this tim instead of sonic it's reggie. Also missingno should be a official pokemon and a pokeball summon. Also wreck it ralph would be hilarious. Anyway the only realistic leak is palutena, i would't mind the translator leak was true.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Question: why do people think K. Rool will be in SSB4? I know people want him in, but do we believe he will be in because demand, or for some other, legitimate, reason?
Most of us simply believe he'd be one of, if not the best candidate from the Donkey Kong series to join in. He has (and has been growing since Melee) a very high demand and the potential to be an extraordinarily versatile and unique fighter given his various forms over the years. Not to mention he is to the majority of DK fans, the most iconic antagonist for the series.

The only real working argument against him is that he hasn't played a big role in any recent Donkey Kong games. However, this isn't really a factor, since Diddy had a slight absence at one point as well, but behold, he appeared in Brawl. It's also important to note that Nintendo does indeed still own the right to King K. Rool and the Kremlings.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
I was watching that video the other day and thought the same thing but you'd still have to explain Palutena.
Too true my friend. Too true. I didnt think it through lmfao even if the leak is fake, it wouldn matter cuz mario couldve been in that pose anyways. Im stupid lmao

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
All these so-called leaks annoy me already. It's like they're not even trying anymore after the supposed Palutena leak. Aside from the purple space dragon fiasco, I have major doubts bout King K. Rool anyways. Sure he's popular, but I'd probably accept him as an assist trophy while shooting different cannonballs at opponents (See DKC2 boss).

I do like the chances of:
-Pit gets a new Final Smash.
-Palutena is newcomer

Of course, I still consider the so-called leak fake. Did I mention that we need more playable villains? If not, then I'm saying it now, because it's true.

Most of us simply believe he'd be one of, if not the best candidate from the Donkey Kong series to join in. He has (and has been growing since Melee) a very high demand and the potential to be an extraordinarily versatile and unique fighter given his various forms over the years. Not to mention he is to the majority of DK fans, the most iconic antagonist for the series.

The only real working argument against him is that he hasn't played a big role in any recent Donkey Kong games. However, this isn't really a factor, since Diddy had a slight absence at one point as well, but behold, he appeared in Brawl. It's also important to note that Nintendo does indeed still own the right to King K. Rool and the Kremlings.
I really hope K. Rool keeps his bronze belly. That has more appeal to me then his costume changes to be honest. They could make him immune to weak projectiles in that area, or give him light super armor when facing towards the opponet

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Oh! I hadn't heard that. I guess they really are focusing on balance.
Wanted to be diligent and went and looked for when exactly he said that. Found it in an interview he conducted with Puissance Nintendo, a French video game site:

http://www.p-nintendo.com/articles/interviews/masahiro-sakurai-nous-parle-de-ssbb-235210
excerpt below:
"Mais la phase durant laquelle je collecte ce genre d'informations est déjà terminée, et nous sommes actuellement en train d'intégrer ce contenu au jeu."
translated:
"... But the phase during which I collect that sort of information [fan requests for characters] is already over, and we are currently in the process of integrating that content in the game."

This was published June 18, 2013. So yea, by E3 they already had in mind what content they wanted in the game and since then have just focused on implementing the content. If the roster changes, I imagine it's more likely for it to go down as opposed to up, as they might have cut characters from that list of content if in need to hurry.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
All these so-called leaks annoy me already. It's like they're not even trying anymore after the supposed Palutena leak. Aside from the purple space dragon fiasco, I have major doubts bout King K. Rool anyways. Sure he's popular, but I'd probably accept him as an assist trophy while shooting different cannonballs at opponents (See DKC2 boss).

-Palutena is newcomer

Of course, I still consider the so-called leak fake. Did I mention that we need more playable villains? If not, then I'm saying it now, because it's true.
inb4 same final smash, but if Palutena is fighting Alphonso poses in the background instead

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, what SSBB leaks turned out to be true?
The entire roster was leaked months before the game came out.

No one believed it because of R.O.B.

Furthermore, every stage but 75m was leaked beforehand as well.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I love how half the people on here are like "Oh they include that character over (character I like), therefore it's fake." Then "Oooh, totally untrustworthy leak, but it has (characters I like) so it could be true! Get hype!"

Just teasing, but I do notice many people making non arguments based purely on their desires, so we should all (including me of course) keep that in check and be objective :)

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

-Palutena is newcomer

You just went on about how much you doubt of K. Rool being in the roster, but then immediately said we need more playable villains. Hypocritical much? :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

No text leak thus far aside from the pre-E3 leak is likely to be true.
However, the current leak sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not generally able to follow the text leaks as we seem to have half a dozen a week.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Personally, I copy new GameFAQs leaks over into this thread not so we can actively follow them (because they're almost always crap), but so, if anything comes up that makes it sensible for us to start following one, we'll have it on hand (since GameFAQs mods are godawful and delete everything while allowing fad topics to run rampant instead).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What about the Palutena leak?
No, not even that.
A legit leak is one that's made official be the developers. We can make conclusions, but we'll never know for sure until Palutena is on that website.
So for right now, it's just a well made picture.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah, most text leaks are crap. Not to mention I'm pretty sure if somebody says, "I could be wrong" or "I may have missed something", it's because they don't want one oddball thing to make them wrong. So they just cover their tracks.

People who come up with leaks scare me. Like why waste the time to do that? Sheesh.

Personally, I copy new GameFAQs leaks over into this thread not so we can actively follow them (because they're almost always crap), but so, if anything comes up that makes it sensible for us to start following one, we'll have it on hand (since GameFAQs mods are godawful and delete everything while allowing fad topics to run rampant instead).
I just enjoy reading them as "what if" scenarios, and to see how creative some fans can be. I never read them to see if they're real.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, most text leaks are crap. Not to mention I'm pretty sure if somebody says, "I could be wrong" or "I may have missed something", it's because they don't want one oddball thing to make them wrong. So they just cover their tracks.

People who come up with leaks scare me. Like why waste the time to do that? Sheesh.
For the "Lulz" probably...

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody seen the recent character select screen leak? Cant tell if fake or real, beacause of yoshis artwork.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No, not even that.
A legit leak is one that's made official be the developers. We can make conclusions, but we'll never know for sure until Palutena is on that website.
So for right now, it's just a well made picture.
Except a lot of evidence points away from that.

In my opinion, it's a picture with credible stuff in it, that COULD be fake.

I just hate when people are like, 'Well we don't know if it's real, so let's treat it as fake". What? That doesn't make sense to me. I'm still treating it as if it's real because literally nobody could point out something truly questionable.

But that's just me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Except a lot of evidence points away from that.

In my opinion, it's a picture with credible stuff in it, that COULD be fake.

I just hate when people are like, 'Well we don't know if it's real, so let's treat it as fake". What? That doesn't make sense to me. I'm still treating it as if it's real because literally nobody could point out something truly questionable.

But that's just me.
I'm just very skeptical.
I'd rather wait until official conformation then just call it now. "But that's just me."

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Isnt smashs job to bring not relevant characters into the spotlight and help them like fire emblem and kid icarus? I can see it happening for K. Rool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom