• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I know we're almost done talking about Mr. Predictions seeing as we're approaching the 30th and there ain't no way Shulk will be confirmed so soon, but I have something to say regarding his speed.
People are talking about how awesome it is that he responded so fast to any of the questions posed to him. This doesn't seem like a positive to me. If I was a real leaker who (as Mr. Prediction said he was) was COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, the most likely way I could have gotten the info was an insider friend telling me or me play testing it once or twice. Either of which don't give you the giant list of information he seems to have unless you have an extraordinary memory.

If I was a fake leaker, however, what I would do is pre-make a list of characters, items, stages, pkmn, and assist trophies so when asked, I can maintain a consistent story. This actually lends Mr. Prediction to respond faster to questions than just having the information memorized.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well even with Leakers, you have to remember that Smash is changed often in development and ideas added and others scrapped. So, even if the rumor is true, there is no guarantee that it is final roster, items, etc.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I know we're almost done talking about Mr. Predictions seeing as we're approaching the 30th and there ain't no way Shulk will be confirmed so soon, but I have something to say regarding his speed.
People are talking about how awesome it is that he responded so fast to any of the questions posed to him. This doesn't seem like a positive to me. If I was a real leaker who (as Mr. Prediction said he was) was COMPLETELY INDEPENDENT OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM, the most likely way I could have gotten the info was an insider friend telling me or me play testing it once or twice. Either of which don't give you the giant list of information he seems to have unless you have an extraordinary memory.

If I was a fake leaker, however, what I would do is pre-make a list of characters, items, stages, pkmn, and assist trophies so when asked, I can maintain a consistent story. This actually lends Mr. Prediction to respond faster to questions than just having the information memorized.
He did say that he had a list of characters and ATs, but simply talked about stages and visuals from his memory. So it's kind of 50/50, but in general it still comes off as the classic fake leaker deal.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Meheheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....................

Whats wrong with Miis? I want to known. The only one thing I would disapprove of them would be the inclusion of a customizable movset
The thing I have against Miis, is that I don't want to play against Adolf Hitler every other game online...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
By tomorrow, we shall know by tomorrow...

Then he'll be proven wrong, run off with his tail between his legs, and we can go back to more "realistic matters" as it were.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord

This is the roster the newest GameFaqs leak proposes; I quite like it except for a lack of Roy or Ghirahim.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
My name is LightDasher, as you can see, I'm from Light, I can see everything where light can reach, and you know what the Nintendo building has lots of? Lights! so I "predict" that everyone in Nintendo history is playable, except Ridley, he's replaced by Ridley Scott.

Yeah no, I will state again, don't believe any text-based leaks.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Reread that leak and kinda missed this the first time:
The Beetle is a new weapon for Zelda (he told this BEFORE today's pic of the day...I was shocked)
A weapon for Zelda even though Zelda was absent in the Pic of the Day? Good lord, he couldn't even get the CONFIRMED info correct even though it was given on a silver platter straight from Sakurai himself.

I'm quickly losing faith in humanity.

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Going off of salmonofdoubt's principle that, "The easier it is to make, the more fake it likely is," that's a load of crock. That being said, just a roster list is still infinitely more believable to me than a 34-page f***ing Q&A session.

EDIT: ...the guy said "Death Rool." 100%, it's a Kutthroat that made this...but not me.

Also, editing the leak into this post so it doesn't get deleted before we find out the kulprit behind it.

There are going to be 12 newcomers, technically 14 in a sense. 40 veterans are returning.

<u>Veterans</u>
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokémon Trainer (Squirle, Ivysaur, & Charizard)
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Pit
Pikmin & Olimar
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Sonic
Snake

<u>Additional Information</u>

-Wanted to keep as many veterans as possible, in order to prevent distaste.
-Putting extra care into balancing Meta Knight and Snake. Also taking care in fixing the problem with multiple grabs from the likes of Falco and King Dedede.
-Conversely, trying to adjust characters like Samus and Link to become stronger.
-Ganondorf has several new attacks, an earth shattering punch that produces dark energy as his down smash and a delayed burst of dark energy as his neutral aerial attack.
-Falco has some new attacks, a wing slash attack similar to Pit's down aerial that causes a meteor smash in the center, and a "break dance" 360 spin kick as his down smash.
-Wario has his down smash attack replaced with the Earthquake Punch from Wario Land: Shake It! and the up throw replaced with the Piledriver. Apparently this was done in order to make more reference to the Wario platform games.
-The stamina mechanic for Pokémon Trainer is removed.
-Jigglypuff now produces sparkle effects with it's attacks, referencing it's new Fairy typing.
Lucario's aura mechanic modified; Lucario now starts out a tad stronger in terms of power, but the effects of the aura mechanic are less apparent.
-Ike has a new style based on his Hero attire from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
-Projectiles like Pit's Palutena's Arrow, R.O.B.'s Robo Beam, and Falco's Blaster were weakened in order to discourage cheap projectile tactics.
<u>Newcomers</u>

-Villager
-Mega Man
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Rosalina & Luma
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Chibi-Robo
-Lip
-Chrom & Lucina
-King K. Rool
-Shulk
-Little Mac

<u>Additional Data</u>
-Ridley is a massive character, larger and heavier then Bowser. This gives the character a lot of range and power, but his speed is lacking and his massive size turns him into a liability. Commented as the most difficult character to balance. Has moves that unleash the brutal nature of the character, for example his pummel attack is biting the opponent.
-Palutena is probably the opposite of Ridley; she's built more like a pacifist who relies more on highly ranged attacks to keep the opponent away, and she is also deceptively heavy. Her down smash involves creating a ball of light next to her that has a delayed explosion, while he side special attack creates a large shield of light that blocks projectiles.
-Chibi-Robo is by far the smallest fighter on the roster, smaller then the likes of Squirtle and Olimar. He attacks using cleaning appliances, and the plug he lugs around. For example, Chibi-Robo's down tilt involves him scrubbing the ground with a toothbrush that causes damage and causes the floor to become slippery, causing characters to slip like crazy.
-Lip is an interesting character, since she's a character that gets stronger from building up damage. Every time she lands a successful hit, her power increases slightly, but resets when ever she fails to land a hit. Additionally, her attacks also inflict the "flowering" effect. This means that Lip has the ability to inflict a lot of pain quickly, but she's actually pretty weak. Many of her attacks are based on different aspects from the likes of cheerleaders, ribbon dancers, and magical girls.
Chrom & Lucina function differently from Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma, where you play as one character at a time, but you have the option to either swap between the characters or make the other character assist you to extend combos. Chrom and Lucina have their own properties, for example Chrom falls faster while Lucina has faster attacks.
King K. Rool is massive and powerful, and similar to a tank boosts very powerful projectiles. Many of his attacks involve using the comically exaggerated blunderbuss, ranging from shooting cannon balls to cheap punts, and attacks based on real life crocodiles like the "Death Rool". He's got a more realistic and intimidating voice, including realistic crocodile snarls.
-Shulk is an odd character, with really long range of his Monado with the power being based on how close the opponent is to Shulk (similar to Roy from Melee) and a unique dodge mechanic where Shulk can counter attack during the middle of dodges like roll dodges. In addition to swinging the Monado, several of his attacks involve manipulating ether to create explosions or shoot projectiles.
-Little Mac is a straight forward character who uses speed and power to overwhelm his opponent. Has a mechanic where he can block attacks more similar to other fighting games if his attacks clash with another.
This is by far my favorite "leaked roster"

Espio264

Smash Ace
If a leak has American Candy involved then it is 100% legit!
That whole story is almost word for word what somebody on these forums posted a few months ago. I believe it was one of the Moderators, there are a couple that I get confused with each other so I'm not sure exactly which one. The difference is instead of saying that one of the kids gave him leak information, he was merely polling them on characters to try to understand Japanese fanbases and concerns. So either these statements are a fake leak perpetrated by one of our very own mods, or they're a fake from just some random jackhole who stole the story from one of our mods. Or just a random jackhole who wrote the same story by coincidence. Either way, he's a jackhole, and this is fake, whether or not these VERY LIKELY things actually do come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom