• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Going off of salmonofdoubt's principle that, "The easier it is to make, the more fake it likely is," that's a load of crock. That being said, just a roster list is still infinitely more believable to me than a 34-page f***ing Q&A session.

EDIT: ...the guy said "Death Rool." 100%, it's a Kutthroat that made this...but not me.

Also, editing the leak into this post so it doesn't get deleted before we find out the kulprit behind it.

There are going to be 12 newcomers, technically 14 in a sense. 40 veterans are returning.

<u>Veterans</u>
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Toon Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokémon Trainer (Squirle, Ivysaur, & Charizard)
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Ness
Lucas
Marth
Ike
Pit
Pikmin & Olimar
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
R.O.B.
Sonic
Snake

<u>Additional Information</u>

-Wanted to keep as many veterans as possible, in order to prevent distaste.
-Putting extra care into balancing Meta Knight and Snake. Also taking care in fixing the problem with multiple grabs from the likes of Falco and King Dedede.
-Conversely, trying to adjust characters like Samus and Link to become stronger.
-Ganondorf has several new attacks, an earth shattering punch that produces dark energy as his down smash and a delayed burst of dark energy as his neutral aerial attack.
-Falco has some new attacks, a wing slash attack similar to Pit's down aerial that causes a meteor smash in the center, and a "break dance" 360 spin kick as his down smash.
-Wario has his down smash attack replaced with the Earthquake Punch from Wario Land: Shake It! and the up throw replaced with the Piledriver. Apparently this was done in order to make more reference to the Wario platform games.
-The stamina mechanic for Pokémon Trainer is removed.
-Jigglypuff now produces sparkle effects with it's attacks, referencing it's new Fairy typing.
Lucario's aura mechanic modified; Lucario now starts out a tad stronger in terms of power, but the effects of the aura mechanic are less apparent.
-Ike has a new style based on his Hero attire from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
-Projectiles like Pit's Palutena's Arrow, R.O.B.'s Robo Beam, and Falco's Blaster were weakened in order to discourage cheap projectile tactics.
<u>Newcomers</u>

-Villager
-Mega Man
-Wii Fit Trainer
-Rosalina & Luma
-Ridley
-Palutena
-Chibi-Robo
-Lip
-Chrom & Lucina
-King K. Rool
-Shulk
-Little Mac

<u>Additional Data</u>
-Ridley is a massive character, larger and heavier then Bowser. This gives the character a lot of range and power, but his speed is lacking and his massive size turns him into a liability. Commented as the most difficult character to balance. Has moves that unleash the brutal nature of the character, for example his pummel attack is biting the opponent.
-Palutena is probably the opposite of Ridley; she's built more like a pacifist who relies more on highly ranged attacks to keep the opponent away, and she is also deceptively heavy. Her down smash involves creating a ball of light next to her that has a delayed explosion, while he side special attack creates a large shield of light that blocks projectiles.
-Chibi-Robo is by far the smallest fighter on the roster, smaller then the likes of Squirtle and Olimar. He attacks using cleaning appliances, and the plug he lugs around. For example, Chibi-Robo's down tilt involves him scrubbing the ground with a toothbrush that causes damage and causes the floor to become slippery, causing characters to slip like crazy.
-Lip is an interesting character, since she's a character that gets stronger from building up damage. Every time she lands a successful hit, her power increases slightly, but resets when ever she fails to land a hit. Additionally, her attacks also inflict the "flowering" effect. This means that Lip has the ability to inflict a lot of pain quickly, but she's actually pretty weak. Many of her attacks are based on different aspects from the likes of cheerleaders, ribbon dancers, and magical girls.
Chrom & Lucina function differently from Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma, where you play as one character at a time, but you have the option to either swap between the characters or make the other character assist you to extend combos. Chrom and Lucina have their own properties, for example Chrom falls faster while Lucina has faster attacks.
King K. Rool is massive and powerful, and similar to a tank boosts very powerful projectiles. Many of his attacks involve using the comically exaggerated blunderbuss, ranging from shooting cannon balls to cheap punts, and attacks based on real life crocodiles like the "Death Rool". He's got a more realistic and intimidating voice, including realistic crocodile snarls.
-Shulk is an odd character, with really long range of his Monado with the power being based on how close the opponent is to Shulk (similar to Roy from Melee) and a unique dodge mechanic where Shulk can counter attack during the middle of dodges like roll dodges. In addition to swinging the Monado, several of his attacks involve manipulating ether to create explosions or shoot projectiles.
-Little Mac is a straight forward character who uses speed and power to overwhelm his opponent. Has a mechanic where he can block attacks more similar to other fighting games if his attacks clash with another.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Man. I'm going to laugh so hard if the "prediction" leak turns out to be true.

Then, to paraphrase Agan, I'm going to exit stage left before you all come at me with pitch forks and torches.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Go back and make passionate love to that shinpichu guy or whatever instead of making this weird senile argument that we're one in the same.

Why would I even go for Chibi-Robo anyway?
Obviously an alt!

Since when have details been important?
Now now ladies, your both beautiful.

Swamp this laddie doesn't like chrom, at all. He didn't do it. I know your messing with him though, just wanted to say something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well...

That was less fun than I thought it'd be...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well...

That was less fun than I thought it'd be...
Thats me, with every leak I secretly make and don't tell people it was me until the next day.

For example, I wasted a good 2 and a half hours to Photoshop something that gets debunked in 15 minutes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thats me, with every leak I secretly make and don't tell people it was me until the next day.

For example, I wasted a good 2 and a half hours to Photoshop something that gets debunked in 15 minutes.
I didn't make that leak.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Any leaks that were interesting? Other than Palutena? Was that leak proven false?

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
did the prediction guy include the beetle in his list of items? (edit) or anyone else?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
And that's why I'm risking my job, which is my only source of income, just to keep the fans "excited"
Why do people think that Nintendo is some kind of omnipotent God that can see all? If it truly was that easy for Nintendo to catch leakers people wouldn't do it EVERYTIME there is a pokemon game, EVERYTIME there is a Smash game etc. not saying prediction guy is true but this job risk argument is a joke.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Her halo was always 2D, unless there is some sort of parallel universe where her halo is 3D.
It actually is 3-D in Vecklorn-9. It's a nice place. Been there twice. The president is a cow. And they have national Buffalo Wing Day. It rains Fruit Punch due to this nuclear meltdown thing that happened. Honestly, it's all a bunch of boring sciencey stuff. The only thing that sucks is that cab-fare is super pricey.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Alright, thanks for proving my point that it's a 2D.
Wasn't exactly what I meant, but fine.

My point still stands that the halo was separated and layered before and it's just a 2D image in the leaked screenshots.

D

Deleted member

Alright, thanks for proving my point that it's a 2D object.
The context however, is how the halo is normally in layers, rather than just a single, flat layer.
Maybe AEM used poor wording, I don't know. But context is key.

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
I haven't found any "leaks" that mention the beetle, does any one know of one that predicted it?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I haven't found any "leaks" that mention the beetle, does any one know of one that predicted it?
Unfortunately, I can't say I have. Very few of these "leaks" bother talking about items other than Assists and occasionally, Pokeball summons.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The context however, is how the halo is normally in layers, rather than just a single, flat layer.
Maybe AEM used poor wording, I don't know. But context is key.
Thanks Golden, this was the point I was trying to get across.

Should probably not be posting when you're almost half asleep.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Daily update yet? I don't know where to find it if it's not posted here lol.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ah, now it makes sense, I was wondering what the hell you people were talking about beetles for. haha. Is there any text, or just the picture? Usually it has some info below it I thought. Oh well, bed time anyway.

Edit: Ah thanks Mdilly99, there is text, thought so! :)

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Last edited by a moderator:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
i am actually rooting for the prediction guy to be legit, ( though ik he is not :p)

sonus

Smash Cadet
I decided to post a thought on the palutena pic. I don't know if this was mentioned at all because the thread kind of took off so I missed reading a few pages, but isnt it possible the leaker got the stance of mario and angle of battlefield by taking a screenshot of video gameplay then just pasting it onto a screen with however he got the palutena model? Because we have been shown 3ds video gameplay with mario and battlefield.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I decided to post a thought on the palutena pic. I don't know if this was mentioned at all because the thread kind of took off so I missed reading a few pages, but isnt it possible the leaker got the stance of mario and angle of battlefield by taking a screenshot of video gameplay then just pasting it onto a screen with however he got the palutena model? Because we have been shown 3ds video gameplay with mario and battlefield.
They did check that during the first day or two. One of Mario's poses in the video was close, but not exact.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
i am actually rooting for the prediction guy to be legit, ( though ik he is not :p)
I'd hate for Ike, Falco and Snake to be cut since I play all three regularly, and no K. Rool sucks, but damn it there's a whole lot I can sacrifice for the sake of Ridley. Plus, the stages sound nice too.

But yeah, I don't really believe it either, but it's entertaining to read, and it has some nice ideas too.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
Try not to forget that if this Palutena leak is, an actual legit leak, that it might still be in the works, I mean we've seen Mario change from screenshots so who's to say others cannot?

Also, you guys seriously still want Mii and Ridley? Ew. Pretty sure Sakurai said that he wouldn't put Miis in unless he was making it a casual game, or it would separate the casuals from the not casuals or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom