• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
He is serving his purpose, look at how many people are falling for his BS. Look at us... discussing it! He did a good job making that leak, no one can deny it.
He is doing very well, but when you really think about it no other rumors are worth talking about atm besides Palutena and that one has been scrutinized to death. I like how every so often "mr predictions" gets words of thanks, praise, and admiration. Isn't that unheard of in this type of a situation? Must be a Gamefaqs thing

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't really understand why people are believing him. He is pretty much the same as every other leaker except he can answer questions....
That is precisely why they believe. The premise that he is following up on his assertions is deemed as unusual. Other than that, I am not entirely sure. It might have to do with exposure, more people tend to believe if more people are actually aware of its existence. Similar leaks that are blatantly dismissed are not usually prevalent and on various sites.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Gees, got busy around here around here again... not even entirely sure because I don't know what to make of this particularly leak anymore then any other text link or are people getting bored?

The thing about Mr. Predictions "leak" is some of the things he adds (Waluigi as his own series representing spin-offs, and a black and white pixel Game Boy Willy Castle on the 3DS) are odd, but the kind of odd things I could see them doing.

I don't buy it though.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm mixed when it comes to Miis, on one side, I can have Mario fight Bob Ross. On the other side, you'll see nothing BUT Miis online.
I don't think you would see nothing but Miis online. People would have to give up characters they really like, and likely have a connection to, with some created character who probably has a less interested move-pool and far less character. If anything, the people online using Miis are probably just going to be people who want to troll by creating themed or butt-ugly Miis and messing around.

The way I see it, there are four likely ways they would incorporate the character, if they do so at all:
1. Similar to Mario Kart Wii, break miis up into 'weight' classes based on their size, given a bulky, medium, and lightweight variety of a generic moveset for the character. Small differences in the moves might exist, but ultimately the difference between them would simply be in power vs mobility.
2. Scale all Miis to be the same size, to keep hurtboxes and whatnot consistent, and create an actual unique movepool for the character. This would be the most like its own legitimate character, given consistent hitboxes, moves, power, mobility, etc - the customization of this character would be aesthetic only. The moveset would have to be influenced by things such as Wii Sports, and other similar Wii console references/features.
3. Like many other fighting games, use the Mii to act as a 'clone' or 'mimic' character, completely copying other character's movesets. Similar to Edge Master or Charade in the Soul Calibur series, this type of mimic could change what character they are every stock to differentiate from just choosing Random. I find this to be incredibly unlikely, due to the difficulty in having a Mii mimic the moves of many of the abnormal characters such as Bowser. This is definitely possible though, especially if they get costumes similar to in the Nintendo Land game on Wii U. The Mii also might steal the spotlight from the characters themselves, which Sakurai might not like.
4. Non-playable character. Similar to the multi-man battles, you would instead fight hordes of Miis taken from your console. Similarly, they might just throw a Mii or two in with the new multi-man characters, due to most people not having that many Miis. Regardless, this option means they would have no special attacks, which I think is more likely than them getting completely unique movepools.

This is definitely a character that I'd need Sakurai's word to believe - whereas Palutena is one that I can believe from a leak. I feel like the Wii Fit Trainer serves more than enough of a roll for what the Mii would be, being a console representative and then some.

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
image.jpg
A nice, overfilled roster. Again, ik its offtopic for this forum, but yeah. Idk where else to post it.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Mii is weird but I'd be down. Just as long as ridley or k rool or other long awaited and wanted characters dont get the cold shoulder

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't see why people say Diddy should be paired with Dixie. He has a fine move list on his own.
Just tweak the bananas...
It probably has to do with... these are just guesses. I don't want the two to be paired up.
1. They don't want a semi-clone based on Diddy.
2. The Forbidden Seven would entail that Sakurai's original intent was to include Dixie as a part of Diddy.
3. They want some variety in the roster.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It probably has to do with... these are just guesses. I don't want the two to be paired up.
1. They don't want a semi-clone based on Diddy.
2. The Forbidden Seven would entail that Sakurai's original intent was to include Dixie as a part of Diddy.
3. They want some variety in the roster.
*people want variety*

*people want to combine two Melee mechanics*

Morbi

Scavenger
*people want variety*

*people want to combine two Melee mechanics*
Clones are obviously viewed as decadent characters in this community. They don't receive the love they deserve, so I assume the same applies to Dixie and Diddy. If you have a semi-clone of a character that is aesthetically similar, you attenuate that diversity. Just slapping her onto Diddy allows other, more unique, characters to rise to the occasion. That is just my impression of it.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't see Diddy/Dixie working like some hybrid between Shielda and the Climbers.
Considering the DKC gimmick is to tag in and tag out, I can see a system of sorts where they alternate attacks while certain attacks differ depending on which Kong is leading at the time.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Clones are obviously viewed as decadent characters in this community. They don't receive the love they deserve, so I assume the same applies to Dixie and Diddy. If you have a semi-clone of a character that is aesthetically similar, you attenuate that diversity. Just slapping her onto Diddy allows other, more unique, characters to rise to the occasion. That is just my impression of it.
Of course, Dr. Strange defending clones. Don't you have a Batman to murder?

Also, me and Scarecrow are gonna swing by Taco Bell for fourth meal in about 30. You in?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I think you guys are over thinking this, honestly.

It's really just a case of "m-muh forbidden seven!" They actually have the Word of God that Sakurai originally intended to pair them together. They latch on to that and refuse to let go, even though the ship has long since sailed. Also, I think deep down, many people know that Dixie isn't worthy of Smash inclusion on her own merits and see the only way of her making the roster is being tacked on to Diddy.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think you guys are over thinking this, honestly.

It's really just a case of "m-muh forbidden seven!" They actually have the Word of God that Sakurai originally intended to pair them together. They latch on to that and refuse to let go, even though the ship has long since sailed. Also, I think deep down, many people don't think Dixie is worthy of Smash inclusion on her own merits and see the only way of her making the roster is being tacked on to Diddy.
I don't think she is worthy and I am quite blatant about it. I don't really care how many appearances she has made. If she has a hair-based move-set, I might reconsider. However, you are most likely correct. Either that, or they squeeze her in there with Diddy Kong so that there is room for their favorite character or something.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think she is worthy and I am quite blatant about it. I don't really care how many appearances she has made. If she has a hair-based move-set, I might reconsider. However, you are most likely correct. Either that, or they squeeze her in there with Diddy Kong so that there is room for their favorite character or something.
People are stupid like that with their slot mindset. Seriously, Dixie will take up more development time if put into a duo, not less. I don't know how this isn't recognized by more people; individual moveset =/= individual moveset plus mechanic programming.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
No Ghirahim = Fake Fail

edit: Also Chibi Robo = Fail
Why are you so positive Ghirahim is going to be in it? It's weird to say something is fake because they don't list a character you want, or are you mostly joking? (Pretty sure it's fake anyway though lol)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I made it myself, Chrom and Lucina wouldn't be there and I would of picked Takamaru and Dillon.
Obviously a ploy to make people think it's not you!

I mean who else supports Lip. :troll:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Obviously a ploy to make people think it's not you!

I mean who else supports Lip. :troll:
No, my account is LordHummus, GEATHJERK is someone else.

Also, Kapus, Young Horsetail, and Hong would like a word with you young missy.

I love the name GEATHJERK by the way, The Wonderful 101 is a cool game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why are you so positive Ghirahim is going to be in it? It's weird to say something is fake because they don't list a character you want, or are you mostly joking? (Pretty sure it's fake anyway though lol)
Of course I'm mostly joking.

He has, like, a one in a million chance of actually getting in.

D

Deleted member

I am saddened by the fact that no leak ever incorporates Wrestler.
Like at all.

*inb4newwrestlerleak*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom