• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That is also true. It is only inevitable that something soon will spur a lot more conversation, though besides pre e3, no flow of new information is truly predictable
What we need is a demo. There's something to talk about...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
With today's Down Special photo and last week's Side Special photo, I figured I'd bump this, since it was released before either picture, and yet describes both moves accurately. It doesn't feature any new information except to clarify that Sheik is back (not that any of the sane ones among us doubted that), but does claim that the same guy might come back in the future with newcomer information.

[COLLAPSE="Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak"]
Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS. I won't disclose my exact position on the team, as that may risk me getting caught leaking information, however I can tell you that I have seen the game in its latest build and I can tell you the characters in the game that I have seen so far. Keep in mind that I'm only giving a basic description of what I have seen during gameplay, I do not have intimate knowledge of how the characters work.

Starting with the first revealed newcomer, I will shed some light on how a few of the Villager's mechanics seem to work. The Villager's special ability to pick up items and projectiles was very remarkable when I first saw it, it must be timed right or the attack will hit him, and he can only carry one thing at a time. It seems that pressing the button again throws the item or projectile back, he does not have control over certain projectiles (such as PK Thunder or Nikita) and any such projectile will simply fly in a straight path, projectiles like Mario's fireball still bounce in a similar manner. One of the most amazing things I saw him absorb was Pikachu's Thunder attack, when he released it, it flew straight upwards as though in reverse. Villager's recovery move are the balloons from Balloon Fight, they are quick to come out and he rises relatively quickly, however, they can be popped very easily, leaving the Villager helpless to recover. He has a second recovery option in the form of a Gyroid that flies like a rocket, he will quickly jump on it and can fly quite a distance while controlling his upward/downward direction, it works similarly to gliding in that if he flies upwards too much, the rocket will sputter out and begin to fall. Villager can also release the rocket as a projectile attack, it flies much faster and more sporadically in this fashion, though it seems he can slightly control the tilt of it at the exact moment he releases it. The Villager's down special is planting a tree, if not interrupted during the input he will plant and water it at once, though I have seen him plant the sapling only to return to it later to water it. Chopping the tree down is a completely separate input, his forward smash attack is the axe, which he must either fully charge or swing multiple times in order to knock over the tree. Villager's grab involves him swinging his net to catch opponents, once he has caught them he is able to kick them to cause damage before throwing them. His upward throw humorously has him holding the character above his head shortly as though he caught a bug, before he tosses them away. Most of his other moves have been shown in Sakurai's daily pictures and on his character page, though I can confirm that the most turnips I have seen him use at once are five in a bunch.

Moving on to the Wii Fit Trainer, all of her standard attacks are an assortment of different yoga poses that I can't identify, so I will focus on only her special moves. Her recovery move summons three hoops that she spins with to gain upwards momentum, this doesn't have very much horizontal range, but it flies impressively high. Her side special is the Wii Fit ball that she spikes as a projectile, the ball will remain for a short time afterwards and can be knocked around by other players, similarly to the soccer ball item, it has much less power than the soccer ball however. Her down special has her focusing in order to recover health, this requires pressing the button repeatedly, but leaves her vulnerable to attack. Her regular special involves her creating a ball of light that acts as a close range projectile, it can be reflected and absorbed, but does not travel away from her, it simply disappears as quickly as it appears. I can also confirm that she has an alternate male costume, complete with his own voice set, the moveset stays completely intact, however.

Mega Man's moveset has been entirely shown off for the most part, and doesn't need any explanations.

And now for the latest newcomer shown, Rosalina fights in tandem with her summoned Lumas, the Luma will mirror Rosalina's attacks at the direct moment of the input. Her normal special move summons the Luma, when used while a Luma is already out, it will cause the Luma to perform a projectile attack using the star bits from Galaxy. Her side special causes the Luma to fly to and away from her, this is used to position the Luma on the stage, though the Luma will also cause damage on impact during the use of this move. Her down special is a kind of barrier that reflects projectiles over her in an arch, this allows the projectile to hit someone should they be standing behind her, this move also draws in items towards her, including thrown items. Her recovery move is the launch star from Galaxy, this can be angled before firing and causes her to go a decent distance, she also does not end in a helpless animation after using it.

My last piece of information is regarding the latest veteran reveal, Princess Zelda. She retains her moveset from Brawl, complete with a Sheik transformation, the transformation is much faster this time however, almost instantaneous. The Phantom shown in one of her pictures on the website is an assist trophy that attacks with a great slash in front of it's summoner before disappearing. I will return again with more information, next time I will post about new characters that have not been shown yet.[/COLLAPSE]

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I just find it funny to sit through leaks like this Mr. Prediction guy is spewing out. It's not that I believe him, but it's fun to imagine the hypothetical scenario and see the creativity of a guy being put to the test by people constantly questioning him. I follow it purely for the entertainment value.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
That is also true. It is only inevitable that something soon will spur a lot more conversation, though besides pre e3, no flow of new information is truly predictable
That's the thing, subconsciously we all love fake rumors and leaks. There has been a dry desert of information in nintendoland, besides the daily screenshot and DKC Tropical freeze. There is nothing for us to talk about, so leaks and rumors give us that something. Just think about the palutena response, smashboards nearly blew up from this subject.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What creates these believable leaks is evidence and information. During droughts of that kind of information, the leaks are nothing more then estimating and guesswork. It's part of the reason why the Palutena pics got so many posts and so much attention because of the information and elements that could not be explained through what we already knew.

Most of these leaks don't do that and at that point it seems to come down to how ridculious or crazy a leak can be. Kind of like a bad reality show.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
With today's Down Special photo and last week's Side Special photo, I figured I'd bump this, since it was released before either picture, and yet describes both moves accurately. It doesn't feature any new information except to clarify that Sheik is back (not that any of the sane ones among us doubted that), but does claim that the same guy might come back in the future with newcomer information.

Hello, I am a close friend of the brother of one of the workers at Namco Bandai, coincidentally, I also work at Namco Bandai and am part of the team helping Masahiro Sakurai develop the new Smash Brothers games for Wii U and 3DS. I won't disclose my exact position on the team, as that may risk me getting caught leaking information, however I can tell you that I have seen the game in its latest build and I can tell you the characters in the game that I have seen so far. Keep in mind that I'm only giving a basic description of what I have seen during gameplay, I do not have intimate knowledge of how the characters work.

Starting with the first revealed newcomer, I will shed some light on how a few of the Villager's mechanics seem to work. The Villager's special ability to pick up items and projectiles was very remarkable when I first saw it, it must be timed right or the attack will hit him, and he can only carry one thing at a time. It seems that pressing the button again throws the item or projectile back, he does not have control over certain projectiles (such as PK Thunder or Nikita) and any such projectile will simply fly in a straight path, projectiles like Mario's fireball still bounce in a similar manner. One of the most amazing things I saw him absorb was Pikachu's Thunder attack, when he released it, it flew straight upwards as though in reverse. Villager's recovery move are the balloons from Balloon Fight, they are quick to come out and he rises relatively quickly, however, they can be popped very easily, leaving the Villager helpless to recover. He has a second recovery option in the form of a Gyroid that flies like a rocket, he will quickly jump on it and can fly quite a distance while controlling his upward/downward direction, it works similarly to gliding in that if he flies upwards too much, the rocket will sputter out and begin to fall. Villager can also release the rocket as a projectile attack, it flies much faster and more sporadically in this fashion, though it seems he can slightly control the tilt of it at the exact moment he releases it. The Villager's down special is planting a tree, if not interrupted during the input he will plant and water it at once, though I have seen him plant the sapling only to return to it later to water it. Chopping the tree down is a completely separate input, his forward smash attack is the axe, which he must either fully charge or swing multiple times in order to knock over the tree. Villager's grab involves him swinging his net to catch opponents, once he has caught them he is able to kick them to cause damage before throwing them. His upward throw humorously has him holding the character above his head shortly as though he caught a bug, before he tosses them away. Most of his other moves have been shown in Sakurai's daily pictures and on his character page, though I can confirm that the most turnips I have seen him use at once are five in a bunch.

Moving on to the Wii Fit Trainer, all of her standard attacks are an assortment of different yoga poses that I can't identify, so I will focus on only her special moves. Her recovery move summons three hoops that she spins with to gain upwards momentum, this doesn't have very much horizontal range, but it flies impressively high. Her side special is the Wii Fit ball that she spikes as a projectile, the ball will remain for a short time afterwards and can be knocked around by other players, similarly to the soccer ball item, it has much less power than the soccer ball however. Her down special has her focusing in order to recover health, this requires pressing the button repeatedly, but leaves her vulnerable to attack. Her regular special involves her creating a ball of light that acts as a close range projectile, it can be reflected and absorbed, but does not travel away from her, it simply disappears as quickly as it appears. I can also confirm that she has an alternate male costume, complete with his own voice set, the moveset stays completely intact, however.

Mega Man's moveset has been entirely shown off for the most part, and doesn't need any explanations.

And now for the latest newcomer shown, Rosalina fights in tandem with her summoned Lumas, the Luma will mirror Rosalina's attacks at the direct moment of the input. Her normal special move summons the Luma, when used while a Luma is already out, it will cause the Luma to perform a projectile attack using the star bits from Galaxy. Her side special causes the Luma to fly to and away from her, this is used to position the Luma on the stage, though the Luma will also cause damage on impact during the use of this move. Her down special is a kind of barrier that reflects projectiles over her in an arch, this allows the projectile to hit someone should they be standing behind her, this move also draws in items towards her, including thrown items. Her recovery move is the launch star from Galaxy, this can be angled before firing and causes her to go a decent distance, she also does not end in a helpless animation after using it.

My last piece of information is regarding the latest veteran reveal, Princess Zelda. She retains her moveset from Brawl, complete with a Sheik transformation, the transformation is much faster this time however, almost instantaneous. The Phantom shown in one of her pictures on the website is an assist trophy that attacks with a great slash in front of it's summoner before disappearing. I will return again with more information, next time I will post about new characters that have not been shown yet.[/COLLAPSE]
Not sure if believable, you could call this "what I think the characters would be like" and it would make no difference. Though my main problem is his take on Rosalina's down special. Didn't Sakurai say we could move it?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not sure if believable, you could call this "what I think the characters would be like" and it would make no difference. Though my main problem is his take on Rosalina's down special. Didn't Sakurai say we could move it?
That's the thing, it matches up almost perfectly with what we know so far, and yet nothing it says is that much of a stretch. We'll have to wait until some demos come out so we can verify the rest of the info about Villager and WFT. Also, show me where Sakurai said anything about the Down Special before now; unless I'm mistaken, today was his first mention of its function.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's the thing, it matches up almost perfectly with what we know so far, and yet nothing it says is that much of a stretch. We'll have to wait until some demos come out so we can verify the rest of the info about Villager and WFT. Also, show me where Sakurai said anything about the Down Special before now; unless I'm mistaken, today was his first mention of its function.
It was, that's what I'm saying. If I'm correct, Sakurai said we could control it. He said we could only move it in an arch.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

This actually looks legit. Especially considering it details moves that were revealed to be right afterwards.

Although, I can't deny those may be lucky guesses or easily made predictions.

I really hope the last paragraph about Zelda and Sheik happens to be as described. And if the Male Trainer is, indeed, a costume swap with voice change, I'd hope they could do a similar thing with other characters. (My current avatar should give a clue on what I may be talking about...)

It was, that's what I'm saying. If I'm correct, Sakurai said we could control it. He said we could only move it in an arch.
This is what Sakurai said.
Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Rosalina's down special move, tentatively called the Gravitational Pull, sucks up items and weapons. Weapons will be disabled when using this move, of course. You have to shake the Wii Remote to perform this move in Super Mario Galaxy, but you won't need to do that in this game.
There doesn't seem to be any mention of controlling anything about it...

Kon

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing wrong with it.

Sceptical = United Kingdom / India / New Zealand / Australian / Canadian spelling.

Skeptical = USA's spelling.

Same word, both are correct, just different regional spelling.

As for the latest leak, my stomach hurts from laughing, especially when he brought the other Young Link into the mix.
Ok, thx.
I'm from a small european country and English is only my fourth language I speak and write. In our country we only learn the British English spelling. However we've seen differences like some words in British English mean something different in the USA. So to me the sentence seemed right.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I keep hearing talk of demos. Is that even possible? I don't recall public demos (as in outside of major events like E3) for any Smash Bros. game in the past. Though I guess they could do another thing like the Best Buy event from last year.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I keep hearing talk of demos. Is that even possible? I don't recall public demos (as in outside of major events like E3) for any Smash Bros. game in the past. Though I guess they could do another thing like the Best Buy event from last year.
I don't know, at least something to curb our hunger for gameplay...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's because I quoted that picture's caption, I see.

I know what you're talking about, and I would love for that to happen.
If they can do it for WFT, they could do it for Pit and Dark Pit. They even share the same voice actor, in both Japanese and English versions.

I really want more costumes for characters. I hope that Wario was the start of something bigger, because there's lot of potential for this. Besides Dark Pit, I'd like to see Dry Bowser (with possibly more ghastly roars) and Conductor Toon Link (TL being removed from the stage when he's chosen gives me hope for this one).

I want to believe, at least. (It may not happen...)

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I thought Brawl had one.

Edit - Nvm, I missed the "except E3" part.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It's because I quoted that picture's caption, I see.

If they can do it for WFT, they could do it for Pit and Dark Pit. They even share the same voice actor, in both Japanese and English versions.

I really want more costumes for characters. I hope that Wario was the start of something bigger, because there's lot of potential for this. Besides Dark Pit, I'd like to see Dry Bowser (with possibly more ghastly roars) and Conductor Toon Link (TL being removed from the stage when he's gone gives me hope for this one).

I want to believe, at least. (It may not happen...)
I would absolutely love a Dark Pit alt with his own voice. It'd be the best thing.

Also, on the topic of that leak, if the Villager's up throw is really what that guy says it is, I will main Villager just to continuously do that to people.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would put the likelyhood of a public demo as very unlikely, a demo at an event of some kind? Yes I could see that happening agian.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I would absolutely love a Dark Pit alt with his own voice. It'd be the best thing.

Also, on the topic of that leak, if the Villager's up throw is really what that guy says it is, I will main Villager just to continuously do that to people.
Speaking of the Villager and alternative costumes, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a gender swap counterpart like the WFT (albeit in reverse).

D

Deleted member

I really want more costumes for characters. I hope that Wario was the start of something bigger, because there's lot of potential for this. Besides Dark Pit, I'd like to see Dry Bowser (with possibly more ghastly roars) and Conductor Toon Link (TL being removed from the stage when he's gone gives me hope for this one).
I feel costumes aren't really needed aside from very special cases. Yeah, I like what Project M does and I'm sure others do too, but it's all superfluous.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel costumes aren't really needed aside from very special cases. Yeah, I like what Project M does and I'm sure others do too, but it's all superfluous.
Wait, when did MorbidAltruism steal my words? (MorbidAltruism likes this.™ :troll:)

Well, I'd like to see something of the sort. I mean, Dry Bowser and Dark Pit make sense to be alt. costumes for Bowser and Pit. Same for Toon Link and his conductor outfit or maybe the Outset outfit.

If Wario and Wii Fit Trainer have them, why not expand this idea for other characters with such potential? Of course, it is up to Sakurai, but I think some costume choices could be neat, even if they're meaningless to the gameplay...

D

Deleted member

Wait, since when did MorbidAltruism stole my words? (MorbidAltruism likes this.™ :troll:)

Well, I'd like to see something of the sort. I mean, Dry Bowser and Dark Pit make sense to be alt. costumes for Bowser and Pit. Same for Toon Link and his conductor outfit or maybe the Outset outfit.

If Wario and Wii Fit Trainer have them, why not expand this idea for other character with such potential? Of course, it is up to Sakurai, but I think some costume choices could be neat, even if they're meaningless to the gameplay...
I don't see Dark Pit as a "costume" due to Dark Pit having no major differences in design other than palette. But I do agree that having a Dark Pit palette have its own voiceclips would be great.

But anyways, my viewpoint on the matter is that while I see other games doing it (including Project M), I feel it rather cheapens the significance if a majority of the characters have costumes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't see Dark Pit as a "costume" due to Dark Pit having no major differences in design other than palette. But I do agree that having a Dark Pit palette have its own voiceclips would be great.
It could be a set of Dark Pit palettes just in case several people wanted to play as Dark Pit. (At least four of them. It could be the default black one and one for each team color in team battle, using dark tones of red, blue and green, contrasting to Pit's lighter tones of said colors.)

But anyways, my viewpoint on the matter is that while I see other games doing it (including Project M), I feel it rather cheapens the significance if a majority of the characters have costumes.
If only, say, Wario, Pit, WFT, Bowser and Toon Link had costumes, characters with costumes would still be a big minority in the roster.

Besides, not all characters have alternate costumes that can be pulled from other games. Can you imagine an alt. costume for the Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon without it being something originally made for Smash?

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Speaking of the Villager and alternative costumes, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a gender swap counterpart like the WFT (albeit in reverse).
I would love it if the female Villager alternate costume was somewhat based on Alice the Balloon Kid...

Hairstyle

Red Ribbon

Overall Dress (recolor it red)

Bobby Socks

Mary Janes (recolor them red)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As much as I'd love the idea/execution of it, I think everyone getting "costumes" in addition to palette swaps would defeat the purpose of what makes said costumes so awesome/unique.

Sure a few like Overalls Wario and Male Fit Trainer/Female Villager (although I'd much prefer regular Villager wearing a dress) are warranted, but I don't think Pit needs the full blown "Dark Pit/vocal swap" treatment, considering stuff like Dark Link didn't.

Besides, Light fighter/Centurion armor would be better.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman

Pretty interesting leak there, if it is all true I am glad for the fast transformation buff. Maybe there will be new combos that you can start with Shiek, transform, and finish with Zelda?

lightdasher

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love the idea/execution of it, I think everyone getting "costumes" in addition to palette swaps would defeat the purpose of what makes said costumes so awesome/unique.

Sure a few like Overalls Wario and Male Fit Trainer/Female Villager (although I'd much prefer regular Villager wearing a dress) are warranted, but I don't think Pit needs the full blown "Dark Pit/vocal swap" treatment, considering stuff like Dark Link didn't.

Besides, Light fighter/Centurion armor would be better.
Having costumes on a character such as Villager isn't that far fetched, he's using items from the game itself, only those who have played Balloon kid will probably get the reference, everyone else will probably just see it as villager in red clothes, kinda like the alternate palettes on Ness gave him a different shirt.

Villager should get this as a blue/green/alternate costume if anything though

Also, hello.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Having costumes on a character such as Villager isn't that far fetched, he's using items from the game itself, only those who have played Balloon kid will probably get the reference, everyone else will probably just see it as villager in red clothes, kinda like the alternate palettes on Ness gave him a different shirt.

Villager should get this as a blue/green/alternate costume if anything though

Also, hello.
And then you go get more debt. Tom Nook is evil in that way...
BTW welcome to Smashboards!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They do in the 3D appearances (at least they have that cool echo-y/evil effect), and in Four Swords, if I recall correctly.
In Four Swords, all 5 Links (the four playable ones and Shadow Link) have the same voice clips, except with different pitch changes. Dark Link in Ocarina of Time had the same voice clips, with a echoing effect.

Pit and Dark Pit, despite sharing the same voice actors in both Japanese and English voice-overs, have distinct voices, rather than relying on post-recording sound editing. Also, Link only has grunts, while Pit and Dark Pit have very fleshed out personalities, which could be reflected on their win poses and taunts. After playing Uprising, I think it would be odd to see Pit having a complete Dark Pit palette, yet acting all cheerful.

(Before anyone says Dark Pit was in Brawl, mind that Pit's black color change isn't exactly the same as Dark Pit, as it lacks certain details.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That reminds me... Kirby really should have the Villager's original horned helmet from the Gamecube game when he copies the Villager. That would be pretty awesome... and looks cooler than Kirby having the Villager's hair.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That reminds me... Kirby really should have the Villager's original horned helmet from the Gamecube game when he copies the Villager. That would be pretty awesome... and looks cooler than Kirby having the Villager's hair.
Well, considering Kirby still had Young Zelda's OoT hairdress in Brawl when he copied Zelda (and I'm almost sure it will happen again this time), I don't think it would be a stretch for that to happen.

Dark Pit was inspired from the Brawl palette swap, so I don't think it's too wrong to call it Dark Pit in Brawl.
I'd call it Pit cosplaying as Dark Pit. :troll:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Do you have the link (source) to this by any chance?

Morbi

Scavenger
When did I type this up? It seems like it was months ago, I don't even abbreviate Toon Link (and why the **** would I want conductor Link?). What the hell was I thinking? :confused:

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
You mind telling me what's wrong with that one?
There's nothing wrong with it.

Sceptical = United Kingdom / India / New Zealand / Australian / Canadian spelling.

Skeptical = USA's spelling.

Same word, both are correct, just different regional spelling.

As for the latest leak, my stomach hurts from laughing, especially when he brought the other Young Link into the mix.
Oh never mind. I didn't realize it had that sort of spelling too. The way I read it seemed more like "septic." You know, like a septic (waste) tank? xD

Ignore meeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom