• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
You mind telling me what's wrong with that one?
There's nothing wrong with it.

Sceptical = United Kingdom / India / New Zealand / Australian / Canadian spelling.

Skeptical = USA's spelling.

Same word, both are correct, just different regional spelling.

As for the latest leak, my stomach hurts from laughing, especially when he brought the other Young Link into the mix.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
There's nothing wrong with it.

Sceptical = United Kingdom / India / New Zealand / Australian / Canadian spelling.

Skeptical = USA's spelling.

Same word, both are correct, just different regional spelling.

As for the latest leak, my stomach hurts from laughing, especially when he brought the other Young Link into the mix.
I'm pretty sure it's spelt skeptical here too.

That leak had me at the Wall Picture Link.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Nintendo needs to do a nintendo direct. They need to hype us up so we are excited for the Wii U! They need something to wow us so everyone can say

Attachments

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
I really dont see the point in discussing the Mr.Prediction "leak" when we can literally wait till wednesday at the earliest to know if he was right. Cus if theres no direct announced on wednesday then the whole thing should be discarded immediately....*crawls back to lurk in cave*

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I really dont see the point in discussing the Mr.Prediction "leak" when we can literally wait till wednesday at the earliest to know if he was right. Cus if theres no direct announced on wednesday then the whole thing should be discarded immediately....*crawls back to lurk in cave*
Exactly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo needs to do a nintendo direct. They need to hype us up so we are excited for the Wii U! They need something to wow us so everyone can say
I am not sure what more Nintendo needs to do to wow us for the Wii U... it is like saying we are not happy/satisfied with the games that are currently out and not happy/satisfied with the games that are coming out this year (or next year).

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I am not sure what more Nintendo needs to do to wow us for the Wii U... it is like saying we are not happy/satisfied with the games that are currently out and not happy/satisfied with the games that are coming out this year (or next year).
The thing is, the games on Wii U are fantastic, Super Mario 3D World is an amazing game, but it isn't really that exciting when it comes to hype. Mind you it is one of the best games this year. But we need a game that builds and carries the hype train. Smash bros will help, but it shares that hype with the 3DS. We need something that will create this reaction http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U. It could be Zelda Wii U, Metroid, Kid Icarus, something completely new. That's what will truly save the Wii U.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wouldn't say the sales is the big announcement right away. Sometimes companies put some of their old games on sale when they have a big announcement to get some extra suckers attention. I'm still giving hope for something this week.

toonmarth29

Smash Cadet
i just had a thought which could of been said ages ago butif snake is in what moves will he have because sakuri (forgot how to spell) said he is trying to not have weapons in the game.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
i just had a thought which could of been said ages ago butif snake is in what moves will he have because sakuri (forgot how to spell) said he is trying to not have weapons in the game.
When did he say that?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not those kind of weapons, he was referring to real weapons (shotguns, machine guns, rifles, etc). If he did, then Snake wouldn't have the moveset he got in Brawl...
Note: It's Sakurai...

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Not those kind of weapons, he was referring to real weapons (shotguns, machine guns, rifles, etc). If he was, then Snake wouldn't have had the moveset he got in Brawl...
Snake still used real life weapons in Brawl.

Sakurai just didn't want him to use a gun, more specifically a real gun. Things like bazookas and grenades and missile launchers are fine cause explosions have a long history in cartoons. xD

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
would someone be so kind as to as "mr. prediction" about the phantom, might be an easy way to disprove him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
would someone be so kind as to as "mr. prediction" about the phantom, might be an easy way to disprove him.
Or prove him right. That's always a possibility.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't get why this particular prediction is getting more attention then the usual "leaker" does. Guess it doesn't matter since the truth will be known in a few days.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The thing is, the games on Wii U are fantastic, Super Mario 3D World is an amazing game, but it isn't really that exciting when it comes to hype. Mind you it is one of the best games this year. But we need a game that builds and carries the hype train. Smash bros will help, but it shares that hype with the 3DS. We need something that will create this reaction http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2Dc1sx71U. It could be Zelda Wii U, Metroid, Kid Icarus, something completely new. That's what will truly save the Wii U.
Oh, yeah... people got too hyped for Twilight Princess in that reaction video you linked to... and look what happened? People were disappointed with the final product when it actually came out.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I don't get why this particular prediction is getting more attention then the usual "leaker" does. Guess it doesn't matter since the truth will be known in a few days.
I guess the reason people are so into this "leak" is because, unlike most other leakers, this guy is constantly on his thread giving answers, where as most just leave their info and disappear into the shadows, leaving questions. This guy, even though his "predictions" are considered fake, is honestly trying to give the people answers. So, that's why everyone's crowding around Mr. Prediction and awaiting (or even anticipating) January 30th, to see if we'll get Shulk.

And even if there is no direct revealed for Thursday, it's completely possible we'll see Shulk updated on the website. There's no specific evidence which officially states all newcomers must be revealed in a Direct. Ike was revealed randomly on the website back in Brawl's dojo.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's probably getting attention because it's a fresh kind of "leak" that people are actually falling for.

Oh, yeah... people got too hyped for Twilight Princess in that reaction video you linked to... and look what happened? People were disappointed with the final product when it actually came out.
Yeah, because realistic Zelda graphics are always the best Zelda games. :awesome:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
That's not what happened. First off it sold so many wii's. second is that when it was released people clamor that Twilight Princess was the best Zelda game, and that it was the best game, period. It was critically acclaimed at its time. It was not until a couple of years after release that people saw flaws in Twilight Princess and the hate started.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I still don't quite understand the Twilight Princess hate to be honest, I didn't think it was any better or any worse then other 3D zelda games. To be honest it did take a few more chances with the way it told it's story, but in the end I didn't think it was a bad thing.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I guess the reason people are so into this "leak" is because, unlike most other leakers, this guy is constantly on his thread giving answers, where as most just leave their info and disappear into the shadows, leaving questions. This guy, even though his "predictions" are considered fake, is honestly trying to give the people answers. So, that's why everyone's crowding around Mr. Prediction and awaiting (or even anticipating) January 30th, to see if we'll get Shulk.

And even if there is no direct revealed for Thursday, it's completely possible we'll see Shulk updated on the website. There's no specific evidence which officially states all newcomers must be revealed in a Direct. Ike was revealed randomly on the website back in Brawl's dojo.
That's what I thought, since as you said most just throw out information before vanishing without a trace, and that isn't the case here.

And I must admit I'm in the camp of those hoping for Shulk, especially as I've gotten back into Xenoblade (haven't played it in months) yesterday. But of course I'm keeping my expectations in check nonetheless.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
That's what I thought, since as you said most just throw out information before vanishing without a trace, and that isn't the case here.

And I must admit I'm in the camp of those hoping for Shulk, especially as I've gotten back into Xenoblade (haven't played it in months) yesterday. But of course I'm keeping my expectations in check nonetheless.
A lot of his answers to questions about the game such as what some of the assist trophies do sound like great as well as unique mechanics. I'm still skeptical of him, but I can easily understand why people (I'm one of them) keep checking back to see what he will say next. A lot of the users on Gamefaqs similarly stated they are just there for the entertainment of what "mr. prediction" will say next.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
A lot of his answers to questions about the game such as what some of the assist trophies do sound like great as well as unique mechanics. I'm still skeptical of him, but I can easily understand why people (I'm one of them) keep checking back to see what he will say next. A lot of the users on Gamefaqs similarly stated they are just there for the entertainment of what "mr. prediction" will say next.
To be fair, there's not much to talk about as of late...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom