• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
February 13th... banana peels confirmed.

February 14th... Meta Ridley is a stage hazard.

February 15th... Xernias or whatever (the Pokémon X cover Pokémon) is confirmed as playable.

Sakurai is the master troll is then confirmed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't think the leaker would fake one and then have a real screenshot right next to it. They're either both real or both fake.
The only discrepancy that a few friends brought up to me is that they think she looks too close to the screen as opposed to Mario. But I don't think that's a huge deal.
To me, her physics don't match up. Maybe it's just me. I proposed that the leaker didn't make the images, he was given them. But I dunno. I see a lot of problems with the first one but not the second.

She looks so detailed though, and even then putting outlines on Assists would be really strange and distracting. Can't thus entirely believe she'd be an Assist.
This is my entire argument for why she wouldn't be an Assist Trophy.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Alright, I just logged on and found an additional 14 pages. Have we decided if the Palutena leak is fake or legit?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I've played every kid icarus game long before people were saying "Who's Pit" and never once did Palutena seem like someone that would be good as a playable character

She's not a bad character, but she's not someone that should be glorified
Honestly, I think Palutena's character would only be called weak when you put her up against god-tier (no pun intended) characters like Viridi and Hades. Hades in particular is one of the best villains in video game history (and even across all fiction). If you don't hold her up to such lofty comparisons, she is still pretty great, especially compared to most other Nintendo characters. Granted, I would love it if Pit, Palutena, Hades, and Viridi were all be playable, but I know that's preposterous.

I think that most people just want Kid Icarus to have a second rep period and they see Palutena as the only worthy character that stands a chance.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright, I just logged on and found an additional 14 pages. Have we decided if the Palutena leak is fake or legit?
Really, the verdict is still out. But most are leaning towards it being real, I think.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
-Chrom? I just don't see it. Fire Emblem characters don't exactly have much moveset potential, and Chrom essentially uses the same weapon as Marth, there's also the cosmetic factor, would Nintendo want to cram in loads of characters who have a similar basic appearance and use Swords? I'd be less surprised to see Roy return.
Have you ever played awakening? Chrom has tons of moveset potential. Multiple things can be done with pair up, he can use the convoy to bring out any weapon for him to use (magic swords, katanas, broadswords, rapiers...), and he might even use things from his Cavalier and archer classes (before you ignore this, remeber that Mario throws fireballas without transforming into fire mario)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Well, Nintendo probably has seen it by now. Atleast the lower level workers who do research and keep up to date with articles. But if they don't give a statement about that supposed new console specs leak, I doubt they'l give Palutena any attention.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
What kind of information got leaked? Pokemon? Game features? And how far back did the leaks go?

• Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy). (WPM Note: Sylveon being Fairy and old Pokemon being reclassified is confirmed.)
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor’s English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting. (WPM Note: Two days later [on Monday], the source informed me he had mixed up the secondary types of Chespin and Froakie’s final evolutions. This bullet point reflects the correction.) Note: Originally the typings were right (Fire/Psychic, Water/Dark, Grass/Fighting, but they were changed later, it's possible he changed it out of panic).
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed. (WPM Note: Many people are interpreting this as an attack shooting out two types at once, but it could just be that the attack switches types under certain conditions or something like that.)
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon’s EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs. (WPM Note: Gamefreak confirmed there will be greater visibility of EVs.)
  • The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It’s a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
  • The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously “punch ‘em,” with the “punch” starting out as “pan” because it’s a panda.
  • The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
  • The “lizard,” Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
  • Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
  • A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
  • A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
  • Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
  • Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
  • Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
  • HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
  • Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
  • A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
  • Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
  • If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
Green is what was confirmed true, Red is what is false.

Really, the only major thing he didn't leak was story spoilers and Mega Evolution.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
^

Ignoring the fact that Sakurai wanted Diddy paired with Dixie in Brawl? It's certainly interesting he might want to retread the idea, but Sakurai's a weird guy. Besides, based on what the "leak" says, they'd switch with down-B and their movesets would be different. I don't think it'd be THAT drastic of a change.
Diddy's Banana was, like, one of the best special moves in the entire series and the base for a LOT of the things he can do, so yes, BIG change.

Dixie totally deserves her own slot

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still on the fence myself. I will say it looks convincing. Then again, she could be an Assist. Though I doubt that a little if the pics are real.

Why didn't this leaker take a ****ing video?
Could have been too hard. Or that it's actually a really well done fake.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My verdict now:

- Leans on real

- Could turn out to be playable in some points, yet could be an assist all along due lack of info on where the outlines apply to. Though even then the amount of detail Palutena has in her model seems to be so much higher than most of the other assists.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Think about this for a moment friends.

This is a pair of two shots of Palutena. They are both the same model, in poses that other games cannot produce. The model does not match the Uprising model, nor the Brawl model.

The black outline will not always be consistent, as Sakurai has already pointed out with the picture of Pikachu all those months ago. Assist Trophies do not have this as far as we know (considering it wouldn't make any sense), therefore, the only thing this can point towards is playable, assuming this is real.

The pictures in question literally could not have come from pre-existing shots, because they are not available online from the 'Pic of the Day' collection, nor from the Facebook page. So based on that info, it could be deduced that they are original pictures.

So far, essentially everything points towards a leaked confirmation. If the model was a rip from another game, then it would no doubt be an obvious fake. But nothing points toward this being fake in the slightest.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm actually surprised with the amount of posts today. It almosts sounds like loads want Palutena's inclusion in SSB4.
I want her just for the sake of the people who really want her. She is a good character with legitimate reasons for her inclusion.

Delete? Something on the Internet? Impossible. Once something is on the Internet, it will never disappear.
You said it so ominous, but this a literal truth.

That's how I feel every time I see Link in a Wii U screenshot.
Right?? He's so derpy and ugly.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm actually surprised with the amount of posts today. It almosts sounds like loads want Palutena's inclusion in SSB4.
Of course... She's part of the Elite 4 (Ridley, K Rool, Little Mac, and Palutena) and the most requested female fighter for Smash 4.

Only natural a rumor like this would generate a lot of views and discussion.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also on the Assist-part, how come the leaker would be able to take two screenshots of Palutena during the same battle (or even in two separate fights in random) assisting when we all do know Assists are randomized quite and thus it'd be a low chance to get, less be able to snap a shot of the same assist during a single battle? Keep also in mind that these happen on the same stage, and if items were being on, having Palutena come out twice as an Assist with so many factors lowering becomes pretty unlikely at best (more items, other Assists, items not being used at all, etc).

Using debugging tools is also probably prohibited around these type of people, so generating Palutena TWICE and snapshotting her seems quite fishy. I think during that the leaker would have been caught. So unless he did these in complete sheer-luck random, Palutena being an Assist seems rather low to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Have you ever played awakening? Chrom has tons of moveset potential. Multiple things can be done with pair up, he can use the convoy to bring out any weapon for him to use (magic swords, katanas, broadswords, rapiers...), and he might even use things from his Cavalier and archer classes (before you ignore this, remeber that Mario throws fireballas without transforming into fire mario)
Not to mention that even if he doesn't change classes, he has a spear as a great lord, and a different form of Aether that he uses. Even if he only uses the falchion, he still uses it in a vastly different way than marth does. (it'd be cool to see a completely new tipper character though)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I lol'd

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also on the Assist-part, how come the leaker would be able to take two screenshots of Palutena during the same battle (or even in two separate fights) assisting when we all do know Assists are randomized quite and thus it'd be a low chance to get, less be able to snap a shot of the same assist during a single battle? Keep also in mind that these take part in the same stage, so if items were being on, having Palutena come out twice as an Assist with so many factors lowering it (more items, other Assists, items not being used at all, etc)

I think during that the leaker would have been caught, so unless he did these in random, Palutena being an Assist seems rather low to me.
Oooooooh, good point. If it was one picture, I'd buy the Assist Trophy theory. But these are two pictures, taken at two different times, with Lady Palutena in two different poses. Assuming he didn't pause the game like some people think, it'd take some skilled camera work to get these two shots in the way that they are if she was an Assist.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You do know almost all other lords of the series have access to convoys, plus if the the other FE characters use their original first class design, I doubt Chrom would use something not from the lords class. I rather not argue this here, as this is a leak discussion thread not a fire emblem thread.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I still have no idea what to believe honestly... Would have been nice if the leaker took a photo while she was in the middle of an attack animation or something instead of an idle pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom