• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Overall I'll try to remain neutral on this... I've seen a lot of elaborate fake leaks that were universally assumed to be real, and I've also seen a lot of real leaks that many were quick to pin as fake.

Just gonna have to wait till we get some official news on this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't know, I frequent this thread and every leak gets shot down within minutes. Sometimes hours, but even then, there is always SOMETHING overt that makes the leak fake, even if we choose to ignore it. This literally has nothing and it is "on fire" we still have 110 guests watching, I was on like 5 hours ago and the discussions are still rampant. So I am going to insert myself under the "this fake is legit" camp once again. If there was something to find, someone would have found it by now.
THIS ALL THE WAY.
That's pretty much why I think this is legit. Most leaks suck ass. This one was done wonderfully, to the point where I don't think somebody would take the time for 15 minutes of fame.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Oh boy, this is actually one of the few times where I'm getting really hyped for something and couldn't control the hype. I really do hope this is real, although I wish the face looked a bit more like Uprising's.

D

Deleted member

Also, the thread has 404'd, but there's still a huge discussion going on. Nothing new yet though, just the usually 4chan stuff. I'll keep reading though.
If you know what the OP was like, you can find the original thread in the 4chan archive, all the large boards have an archive. Also, reverse image searching should bring up the OP. Or you could go to Foolz and do the same.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I imagine the next direct would be Tropical Freeze focused. That's the next big game they've got coming. If anything Smash related snuck in there, it would probably be a Diddy confirmation.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
This is just... wow. So hyped right now, and I'm hoping it's real. Even if it's fake somehow, I would applaud whoever made it for how real it looks.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
You guys aren't thinking big enough.

So he sneaks into Sakurais office when its time for lunch break and find the master 3DS - the holy grail. The holder of every screenshot of the day for the next 3 months. It was his. He loaded up smash, but figured if his operation were to be run successfully, he'd go to the snapshot collection and take the first two pictures, being Palutena and Mario. So he takes the pictures and loads them to 4Chan. But he got greedy. He wanted more. As those are loading he gets a few more pictures on his Iphone. He would be the biggest thing on the internet. Until he feels something funny about him. He didn't know what this feeling in his stomach was. Was it guilt? He didn't know.

He turned around to see a dark figure over him. And looked down and saw half a Mr. Saturn pierced through him. The dark figure came closer and said, "Hello, I am Masahiro Sakurai of Sora, the creator ..."

*Sakurai then reveals the axe hiding behind his back*

"... of Super Smash Brothers"
Fix'd for horror factor :awesome:.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Mario's stance kinda looks like this one, but you would have to enlarge it greatly to get it to look like the one in the leak:
http://page-featured-1.gamewise.co/...-Get-New-Single-Player-Mode-299515-large.jpeg
This is interesting.

Basically, the pose exists in the game, which means that wasn't doctored, as I have seen users on 4chan saying that Mario doesn't stand like that or something. However, it's at a different angle, which means it's impossible for that image to be enlarged to fit the image with Pale Tuna. Not that that would even work, the resolution would have been terrible.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If we have a Direct this week, I will bet money on Palutena's reveal.
Not a lot though, because you know. You never know what'll happen.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I can't see that Translator leak being true. It has too many unlikely things in it. And the things that it has (so far) correctively predicted are things that anyone could have guessed (Ashley was never going to be playable, and Palutena is one of the more likely newcomers).
The OTHER thing that makes me disbelieve the "Translator leak" is that it states that Wario's default appearance is the Overalls Wario. Now, I know this Whiteboard Drawing that Sakurai tweeted was drawn early in development, but it clearly shows Wario in his Warioware outfit, just like Brawl. There were people that said that Marth would be cut, I guessed he wouldn't be because he was pictured in the team's Whiteboard Drawing, and I was right. I'm gonna stay that way regarding Wario until official news tells me otherwise.

Attachments

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This is interesting.

Basically, the pose exists in the game, which means that wasn't doctored, as I have seen users on 4chan saying that Mario doesn't stand like that or something. However, it's at a different angle, which means it's impossible for that image to be enlarged to fit the image with Pale Tuna. Not that that would even work, the resolution would have been terrible.
Exactly, and for them to have a image of that size in the quality it is in, it would have to be from a new shot, not one from picture of the day

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The OTHER thing that makes me disbelieve the "Translator leak" is that it states that Wario's default appearance is the Overalls Wario. Now, I know this Whiteboard Drawing that Sakurai tweeted was drawn early in development, but it clearly shows Wario in his Warioware outfit, just like Brawl. There were people that said that Marth would be cut, I guessed he wouldn't be because he was pictured in the team's Whiteboard Drawing, and I was right. I'm gonna stay that way regarding Wario until official news tells me otherwise.
To be fair, anybody who legit thought Marth would get cut is a moron.

D

Deleted member

Well, I personally believe the leak is real tbh, after giving it some thought.

However, idk if she's playable. If she is, I can guarantee you Palutena will be the next character revealed. Which is sweet.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Man, if this is real, I'm cursed.

For a period of about a week, I had Rosalina on my roster following her playability in SM3DW, then took her off when the release went by with no confirmation. Two or so weeks later...BAM. Confirmed.

About a week and a half ago, I took Palutena off my roster due to me doubting her for whatever reason, and now this happens.

Well, time to take K. Rool, Little Mac, Chrom and Ridley off my roster. :troll:

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
Well, I personally believe the leak is real tbh, after giving it some thought.

However, idk if she's playable. If she is, I can guarantee you Palutena will be the next character revealed. Which is sweet.
Even if these are real, unless Nintendo just says **** it to counter the leaks I think we'll still get Diddy next.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
That's what you called Luigified. That's what we refer to as a semi- clone. Maybe you have a different definition, but if so, its not the widely accepted one.
I can go into even more detail as to why he isn't a semi-clone.

Plus to be Luigified he had to have been a clone in the first place. Falco from Melee to Brawl is an axample of Luigification, not Wolf.

But let's take a closer look at his specials even, since that what everyone cares about even though they are only 4 moves and are, with his FS, the only moves he even has that are even close to Fox.

His actual blaster can hurt the play when it makes contact. The laser it shoots is also radically different from what Fox's and Falco's shoot.

His Sspecial angles rather then going straight, doesn't show copies of himself behind him, is pink, and work marginally differently.

His Uspecial has a kick at the end of it and doesn't cover him in fire.

His Dspecial is more circle like then hexagonal, is pink, and is used differently.

In truth only the last 2 moves are the most simmilar. The Blaster only somewhat. The Sspecial is pushing it however.

If Wolf is a semi-clone of Fox because he only has FOUR moves that are similar then Jigglypuff is a semi-clone of Kriby.

4 similar moves does not a Semi-clone make.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

For a period of about a week, I had Rosalina on my roster following her playability in SM3DW, then took her off when the release went by with no confirmation. Two or so weeks later...BAM. Confirmed.

About a week and a half ago, I took Palutena off my roster due to me doubting her for whatever reason, and now this happens.

WAIT

You used to have white space on your roster, but took it off once you got the Roster Maker working.

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?

WHITE SPACE CUNFIRMED ZOMG!

:troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Your reasoning is oddly specific, but sound.

I wish more of us looked for clues in obscure places.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Everybody came to this thread. I saw the leak on facebook and clicked on thread as quick as I could.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The fact that the man/woman claimed to have a conversation with Sakurai and he just happened to tell him most everything about the game should be enough for anyone with an ounce of common sense to discard that fabrication.

It's not a curse, Opposum, but a blessing. You were the key all along. You must now use your powers for the good of the community. Make Bandana Dee playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom