• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Why the heck hasn't a "legit leaker" appeared anywhere to confirm or deny this? It's getting to the point where its out of control.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If she is confirmed, I wouldn't even care if the leak was fake or not, tbh.
Ha ha, that's true.

If it is fake though, I would love it if they made more just for the lolz.

I bet the leaker would be so pissed off if they create this elaborate hoax and their buzz is overshadowed by Paultena's official reveal.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I still think March is a great opportunity to reaveal her or even E3, so... we'll have to wait -3-
They're obviously holding back a reveal for Diddy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't do well with things that aren't absolute.

So not angry. Just frustrated that we may well have something real here but we can't say for sure.
Ah, I see. I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm not really frustrated, but kinda distraught about the fact that, while there are so many details supporting its realism, it could be revealed as fake at any time.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Another reason I hope this is real is that she'd be the first character I've ever correctly predicted. :joyful:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This leak is huge.

The leaker needs to detail us a little more, or flat out state it's false if it is.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe I'm crazy, but I disagree.
Look at the right arm; the outline isn't there as strong. Also, under the arm pits there isn't much of an outline despite being visible and not being "covered" by the arm. Even there the outline isn't consistent. Heck, look at the bottom of the dress.
Forgive me for my ignorance, but why is Feb. 13th so significant?
DKC Tropical Freeze's release in Japan, or as we know it, the day Diddy Kong will likely be reveled.

It could very well be our Reckoning Day.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I can go into even more detail as to why he isn't a semi-clone.

Plus to be Luigified he had to have been a clone in the first place. Falco from Melee to Brawl is an axample of Luigification, not Wolf.

But let's take a closer look at his specials even, since that what everyone cares about even though they are only 4 moves and are, with his FS, the only moves he even has that are even close to Fox.

His actual blaster can hurt the play when it makes contact. The laser it shoots is also radically different from what Fox's and Falco's shoot.

His Sspecial angles rather then going straight, doesn't show copies of himself behind him, is pink, and work marginally differently.

His Uspecial has a kick at the end of it and doesn't cover him in fire.

His Dspecial is more circle like then hexagonal, is pink, and is used differently.

In truth only the last 2 moves are the most simmilar. The Blaster only somewhat. The Sspecial is pushing it however.

If Wolf is a semi-clone of Fox because he only has FOUR moves that are similar then Jigglypuff is a semi-clone of Kriby.

4 similar moves does not a Semi-clone make.
Let's not pretend that all moves are created equal. Sure all of them give at least some sense of personality and such, but not equally so. I think most everyone would agree that if asked what 4 moves most define the uniqueness and personality of a character, most everyone would pick the B moves. That is to say, Up+B, B, Down+B, and Side+B.

Sure Wolf is functionally very different to Fox even in regard to just these 4 moves. But can you really tell me they don't strongly remind you of Fox's? There is clearly a general template there that they altered until they were happy they were sufficiently different, but it's still there enough that we can tell this is the case. This becomes almost undeniably true if you throw final smashes into the mix. Final smashes are meant to be highly personal so having characters share the same one is Nintendo's way of telling us they didn't even bother to make these characters seem completely unique. Thus Fox and Wolf have a certain relationship to one another. One that doesn't involve awkward touching but still makes us feel uncomfortable.

People stopped using the term clone to describe this relationship, because these obviously aren't nearly as troubling as most of the Melee clones, to whom the term had first applied. So the term semi-clone was developed. Whether you want to use that or luigification or go completely ridiculous and use the term "semi-semi-clone" is strictly an argument of semantics.

The point is, you know what he means so stop being a **** about terminology. Must we really be so uncomfortable and defensive about the fact that, while it's miles better then Melee about it, Brawl did still show some glimmer of lacking originality with certain aspects of certain character designs?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Three words: Reliable, yet fake. We all know how dangerous it is foran employee to leak any part of a video game unofficially and loss his/her job. Look at what happened to the idiot who leaked Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3's roster.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I remember Micaiah got a lot of traction here in the pre-Brawl days. I could be mistaken, but everyone seemed pretty much on the same page in regards to her being the next most likely FE newcomer after Ike, especially since we didn't know if Marth would be coming back.
If I recall, Radiant Dawn was released was after Brawl's roster was done. So there was no hope for her, sadly.

Besides, we've better Fire Emblem newcomers now.

Look at the right arm; the outline isn't there as strong. Also, under the arm pits there isn't much of an outline despite being visible and not being "covered" by the arm. Even there the outline isn't consistent. Heck, look at the bottom of the dress.

DKC Tropical Freeze's release in Japan, or as we know it, the day Diddy Kong will likely be reveled.

It could very well be our Reckoning Day.
Reckoning Day?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Also, Fox is a fox named Fox and Wolf is a wolf named Wolf. So that really adds to the perception of being similar and a "semi-clone".

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I actually really hope Palutena gets confirmed soon, even if she's not my #1 wanted newcomer (Isaac, of course).

She has a lot going for her:

* She was Pit's "damsel in distress" in the original Kid Icarus, so she has Peach levels of Nintendo ancestry
* She's a freakin' GODDESS, based on the greek goddess Athena
* She has armor, a shield and a staff (Smash first) and you just know she can kick ass
* She has green hair. NO ONE HAS GREEN HAIR.
* She has a Zelda-type elegance, with her being tall, having long hair and being all lady-like and stuff
* She's a new female fighter, helps balance the gender ratio of the roster
* She comes fresh off being redesigned in Brawl and Uprising, has a prominent role in the latter

So yeah, I'm excited. :p

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Let's not pretend that all moves are created equal. Sure all of them give at least some sense of personality and such, but not equally so. I think most everyone would agree that if asked what 4 moves most define the uniqueness and personality of a character, most everyone would pick the B moves. That is to say, Up+B, B, Down+B, and Side+B.

Sure Wolf is functionally very different to Fox even in regard to just these 4 moves. But can you really tell me they don't strongly remind you of Fox's? There is clearly a general template there that they altered until they were happy they were sufficiently different, but it's still there enough that we can tell this is the case. This becomes almost undeniably true if you throw final smashes into the mix. Final smashes are meant to be highly personal so having characters share the same one is Nintendo's way of telling us they didn't even bother to make these characters seem completely unique. Thus Fox and Wolf have a certain relationship to one another. One that doesn't involve awkward touching but still makes us feel uncomfortable.

People stopped using the term clone to describe this relationship, because these obviously aren't nearly as troubling as most of the Melee clones, to whom the term had first applied. So the term semi-clone was developed. Whether you want to use that or luigification or go completely ridiculous and use the term "semi-semi-clone" is strictly an argument of semantics.

The point is, you know what he means so stop being a **** about terminology. Must we really be so uncomfortable and defensive about the fact that, while it's miles better then Melee about it, Brawl did still show some glimmer of lacking originality with certain aspects of certain character designs?
Oh Brawl has a clone and a few semi-clones alright, but Wolf isn't one of them.

All moves combined give personality, thus all moves should be considered equal. I don't care if Sepcial moves have the word "Special" in their name, as obviously Sakurai doesn't consider these kinds of moves all that Special since he is willing to give character similar Specials. So people try to argue that these 4 moves should be the most unique are wrong, plain and simple. If Special attacks were truley so more important then other attacks for uniqueness for a character then it would show in all characters, but it doesn't.

Wolf is, to put it simply, feral and it shows through his other attacks. He likes to fight with his claws and teeth which is shown through all his other attacks that everyone so conveniently ignores.

The one being a **** here isn't me, it's you.

Last edited:

Jman0625

Smash Cadet
NNID
jman0625
3DS FC
1762-2784-3619
Of course... She's part of the Elite 4 (Ridley, K Rool, Little Mac, and Palutena) and the most requested female fighter for Smash 4.

Only natural a rumor like this would generate a lot of views and discussion.
I would think Dixie before Palutena but those are the main 2. I want both though and for Dixie to be her own character. IDC about K Rool, and is absence from Tropical Freeze and Returns is also a strike but it has happened before.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't do well with things that aren't absolute.

So not angry. Just frustrated that we may well have something real here but we can't say for sure.

I actually really hope Palutena gets confirmed soon, even if she's not my #1 wanted newcomer (Isaac, of course).

* She was Pit's "damsel in distress" in the original Kid Icarus, so she has Peach levels of Nintendo ancestry
* She has armor, a shield and a staff (Smash first) and you just know she can kick ***
* She has a Zelda-type elegance, with her being tall, having long hair and being all lady-like and stuff
* She comes fresh off being redesigned in Brawl and Uprising, has a prominent role in the latter

No kidding dude....green hair ftw!

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
So at this point I'm pretty much convinced this is real

I swear to god if this is debunked in the morning

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would think Dixie before Palutena but those are the main 2. I want both though and for Dixie to be her own character. IDC about K Rool, and is absence from Tropical Freeze and Returns is also a strike but it has happened before.
Palutena is leagues beyond Dixie.
It's just that Palutena supporters aren't incredibly loud and obnoxious about their support.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord

* She has armor, a shield and a staff (Smash first) and you just know she can kick ***

Lyn has green hair and she's in your signature while Palutena isn't :troll:

EDIT: It's PALUTEEEEENA NOT PALUTIIIIIIINA

Last edited:

GiantBoyDetective

Smash Cadet
Palutena is leagues beyond Dixie.
It's just that Palutena supporters aren't incredibly loud and obnoxious about their support.
I like Palutena, but I've never BEEN her. I've played as Dixie in quite a few games. Maybe that's why I'd prefer her in this case. Still, this is the studio who made Kid Ic, so I could see it happening.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wolf has like 3 attacks that are similar to Fox (the up B, the neutral B, and the down B). The side B is completely different. The up B is a lot different in timing. The neutral B has a lot different properties.
Reckoning Day?
It could almost certainly confirm one roster.

Also, this is the Reckoning Day's theme song...

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
So at this point I'm pretty much convinced this is real

I swear to god if this is debunked in the morning
Going to be a very bad start to the day for alot of people.

But even if it is fake I for one still think our godly overlord will still make it into the game :smirk:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This is accually the first picture to be accually plausable I mean her design looks nothing like brawl nor kid rising upspring (the skin texture color and tone not from kid rising upspring nor brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom