• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pro tip: Never believe leaks.
Pro tip: I said that pre-Brawl, and I was wrong. Always believe that there will be true leaks. Always. The internet always wins.
Palutena is leagues beyond Dixie.
It's just that Palutena supporters aren't incredibly loud and obnoxious about their support.
Kid Icarus fans are among the most annoying fans on the internet. They seriously make Call of Duty fans look good.

Also, Donkey Kong Country is literally ten times bigger than Kid Icarus at the least, and Dixie Kong has more history and moves historically to use.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Oh Brawl has a clone and a few semi-clones alright, but Wolf isn't one of them.

All moves combined give personality, thus all moves should be considered equal. I don't care if Sepcial moves have the word "Special" in their name, as obviously Sakurai doesn't consider these kinds of moves all that Special since he is willing to give character similar Specials. So people try to argue that these 4 moves should be the most unique are wrong, plain and simple. If Special attacks were truley so more important then other attacks for uniqueness for a character then it would show in all characters, but it doesn't.

Wolf is, to put it simply, feral and it shows through his other attacks. He like it fight with his claws and teeth which shown through all his other attack everyone so conveniently ignore.

The one being a **** here isn't me, it's you.
Eh, what moves have what weight is pretty subjective so not really going to argue that point any further since it's clear we just don't agree on it.

The point is the term semi-clone is subjective. It's just a way of a player saying that this character reminds them more of this other character then they would like. Maybe to you Jigglypuff really is a semiclone of Kirby. I don't know and I don't care. Regardless, getting all over someone's case and sidetracking the thread just because a poster used a very subjective term about a character that you don't agree with is not nice behavior, regardless of who is "right."

Besides with wolf even being vaguely reminiscent adds more salt to the wound due to Falco. There's a three way relationship, thus even more awkward touching going on. Why should Fox get all the love?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Kid Icarus fans are among the most annoying fans on the internet. They seriously make Call of Duty fans look good.
I didn't say that Dixie Kong is a bad choice, but Palutena is a more popular one.
And I haven't run into a lot of bad KI fans, only some questionable fan art. I'll take your word for it though, since I despise the Call of Duty fanbase.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Pro tip: I said that pre-Brawl, and I was wrong. Always believe that there will be true leaks. Always. The internet always wins.

Kid Icarus fans are among the most annoying fans on the internet.
They seriously make Call of Duty fans look good.

Also, Donkey Kong Country is literally ten times bigger than Kid Icarus at the least, and Dixie Kong has more history and moves historically to use.
Are there very many?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Went a few pages back but didn't see this, forgive me if it's already been discussed.. But this was sent to me today

This one feels a bit like wish fulfillment to me, but I don't know. Seems plausible enough. I'd be irritated if Mewtwo came back without Roy though.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
This could be our first legit leak. If it is, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something of her soon. Most of the release dates surrounding Kid Icarus are in January and February and even then we have the Uprising releases in March. These are all very close dates and if he want to show her off in correspondence, he definitely would have the majority of work done on her before then. (I got these dates of Wikipedia so some may be wrong)

Kid Icarus:
Wii Virtual Console
  • JP January 23, 2007
  • NA February 12, 2007
  • PAL February 23, 2007
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • EU February 15, 1987
3D Classics
  • EU January 5, 2012
  • JP January 18, 2012
Kid Icarus Of Myths And Monsters:
3DS Virtual Console
JP February 8, 2012

Kid Icarus Uprising:
  • JP March 22, 2012
  • NA/EU March 23, 2012
  • AUS March 29, 2012

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This could be our first legit leak. If it is, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something of her soon. Most of the release dates surrounding Kid Icarus are in January and February and even then we have the Uprising releases in March. These are all very close dates and if he want to show her off in correspondence, he definitely would have the majority of work done on her before then. (I got these dates of Wikipedia so some may be wrong)

Kid Icarus:
Wii Virtual Console
  • JP January 23, 2007
  • NA February 12, 2007
  • PAL February 23, 2007
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • EU February 15, 1987
3D Classics
  • EU January 5, 2012
  • JP January 18, 2012
Kid Icarus Of Myths And Monsters:
3DS Virtual Console
JP February 8, 2012

Kid Icarus Uprising:

• JP March 22, 2012
  • NA/EU March 23, 2012
  • AUS March 29, 2012
So, basically, if Sakurai is using the Wii Virtual Console date as a date to release Lady Palutena... We could see her tomorrow?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Went a few pages back but didn't see this, forgive me if it's already been discussed.. But this was sent to me today

This one feels a bit like wish fulfillment to me, but I don't know. Seems plausible enough. I'd be irritated if Mewtwo came back without Roy though.
That one is already in the OP

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

I had actually just addressed this leak, also known as "translator leak". Not only do I notice the Wario design thing I mentioned a page back, but like I also said a couple pages back, the other big reason I don't believe this is because once Ashley was revealed, we at Smashboards had discussed the possibility that perhaps the whole translator story was a hoax to throw off Nintendo guys while the content within was possibly real. Not very long after that discussion, the original poster of this leak returned to GameFAQS and basically went "See, TOLD YOU Ashley was an Assist Trophy. And yes, I made that story up to throw off Nintendo", therefore basically repeating what we had just discussed. VERY suspicious to me, and the Warioware design shown in Sakurai's whiteboard illustration only goes to support my suspicions.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Mewtwo and Roy are not related just because they were both cut from Brawl.

Mewtwo was cut because of time constraints.

Roy was cut because it didn't make sense. Also time constraints.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
So, basically, if Sakurai is using the Wii Virtual Console date as a date to release Lady Palutena... We could see her tomorrow?
I already stayed up till 2 a few days ago because everyone though we were going to get a ton of stuff on SSB64's anniversary.

NEVER AGAIN

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hm.
Very convenient...
It's not IMPOSSIBLE that we get a newcomer without a Direct, but it's unlikely.
Perhaps Sakurai decided not to go with a Direct this time, and decided to release the video for Lady Palutena without it?

Just posing possibilities here, not saying any absolutes.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'll say this: Whenever a fanbase gets a legit-looking leak about their character they'll be more annoying than usual for the next few days/until the leak is debunked.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
We are off-topic, but here's a list of annoying fanbases:
COD
Sonic
MLP
Homestuck
Sony/Microsoft, depending on the person

Sorry if you fit into one of them, just speakin' my mind.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
isn't there a direct this month?

oh yeah, for anybody saying mario hasn't appeared like that befor in the first pic, what if it was captured from a video still? that could be possible.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh, what moves have what weight is pretty subjective so not really going to argue that point any further since it's clear we just don't agree on it.
Not it isn't.

Which game is better is subjective.
What kind of characters people want is subjective.
Which are better mechanics is subjective.

This isn't.

Character personality is shown through their whole moveset and playstyle. No questions ask.The characters wouldn't be the same if they only had their Specials.

If Capain Falcon were limited to his Specials only he wouldn't be the speedy comber his personality has taken.

If Marth was limited to only his Specials he would be the precise zoning and spacing character he is.

If Donkey Kong was limited to only his Specials he would be seen the hulking Brute as he is currently.

The list goes on and on. All attack combined give the characters their personality not just specials, regular attacks, or throws. There is no 2 ways around it. All their moves define them, not just a select few.

The point is the term semi-clone is subjective. It's just a way of a player saying that this character reminds them more of this other character then they would like. Maybe to you Jigglypuff really is a semiclone of Kirby. I don't know and I don't care. Regardless, getting all over someone's case and sidetracking the thread just because a poster used a very subjective term about a character that you don't agree with is not nice behavior, regardless of who is "right."
A clone is someone who has all or most of the same moves as another character. A semi-clone accordingly only has around half that. 4 or 3 moves =/= half.

A subject was brought up and I wasn't overly rude, in fact you were the one who became overly rude by calling me a **** first. Get you stuff straight.

You complain about derailing, yet here you are helping in the derailing. You're on the internet, get use to it as it's a common thing.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I don't think a lot of people pay attention to this in leaks, but we have not had a single newcomer revealed on an important/historical date.

Palutena could show up at any point, and is pretty much expected in a direct or conference.

ClubbyBear

Smash Journeyman
My attempt at debunking this.
As you can see, with a slightly edited pallette of a hue-shifted sara, and pieces of Saria's trophy itself, it's clear that some of the parts are borrowed. Also, some of the skin tones could be taken from the brawl trophy of Palutena. Why are the colors a bit different? He may of not taken the colors directly, as he could of edited a bit. Also, because it's on a 3ds, it could be just the camera.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
My attempt at debunking this.
As you can see, with a slightly edited pallette of a hue-shifted sara, and pieces of Saria's trophy itself, it's clear that some of the parts are borrowed. Also, some of the skin tones could be taken from the brawl trophy of Palutena. Why are the colors a bit different? He may of not taken the colors directly, as he could of edited a bit. Also, because it's on a 3ds, it could be just the camera.
It's definitely a new model.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I know it's clearly off topic, but it's a subject I've wanted to put my 2 cents in for the longest, so I'm gonna be as brief as I can.

People talking about Fox and Wolf said:
Stuff about cloning and Luigification
Street Fighter: Ryu and all "Shoto" clones.

Ken. Akuma. Dan. Allen. Kairi. Sean. All of them could be considered "Shoto clones", yet even as earlier as Super Street Fighter 2 did these kind of characters begin to exhibit attacks that differed considerably from the "original".

Focusing on Akuma, I'd still label him "Shoto clone". Not because he mirrors Ryu, but because his fighting style is ultimately a derivative of Ryu's style. Doesn't matter how many attacks he has that looks and behave like Ryu. It's all in the details, and not just purely visual details. There is a style, a certain combat approach that, despite looking different, feels very familiar between these fighters. If anything, above all the various and different ways these two fighters throw their fists and feet and special moves, you can always count on being able to throw a fireball, cut through the air with a spinning kick, and leap upwards with a fist grasping the sky. These are the cornerstones of the Street Fighter shoto style that these fighters base their combat techniques around.

And this is pretty much the relationship between Fox, Falco, and Wolf in Brawl. Wolf is effectively a derivative of Fox, moreso less so than Falco. Yes his normals look quite different, and his specials have a different flare to them. But it can't be denied there is a certain style and combative approach that remains very similar throughout.

- The blaster
- The reflector
- The high-speed dash
- The aerial launch attack
...And the Smash attacks also work around this formula of combat
- Side Smash: The straightforward hit. Quick and strong, focused directly in front of the characters, can't be angled
- Down Smash: The get off/clearing hit. Quickly targets both sides, pushes target away at a steep angle
- Up Smash: The launching kick attack. Sends targets straight up, sets up for aerial follow ups.

If only the immediate visuals and attack effect is looked at, I can understand concluding that Wolf isn't any sort of clone or "luigification" of Fox. But that's not all one should look at. You have to actually play the characters, understand the basis of their fighting style. Wolf is pretty much to Fox what Akuma is to Ryu. Not visually equal, but counterparts in both personality and combat style.

BTW I suck at being brief. :)

Now back to PALUTENA!!! :chuckle:

I believe the leak! I have nothing to lose by it being fake anyway, and it's standing strong against all the attempts to shoot it down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom