• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't implying that she is objectively enjoyable, I'm arguing that liking her in several senses is less shallow than King K. Rool or Ridley.
The way he phrased that comment, it seemed to imply that people should like Palutena more because she's a woman of godly beauty rather than the ugly reptiles

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That not everyone is shallow and after digital booty?
...Right everyone who likes Palutena clearly only wants her in for her looks.

Lets completely ignore the fact that she's based off of a Greek Goddess, which isn't cool or unique at all.

Speaking of which I'm just now realizing how much she resembles Goddess Athena in both name, weaponry, and aesthetics.

Cool beans.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hey guys, I already thought of the perfect alt. costume for Palutena :awesome:.

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Come on Sakurai, just admit she's in so you can show off this costume :troll:.
YES!

She would look even more graceful and even more beautiful than she already is. One look at such magnificent face would make anyone dazzled and enchanted by such beauty. :troll:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lets completely ignore the fact that she's based off of a Greek Goddess, which isn't cool or unique at all.

Speaking of which I'm just now realizing how much she resembles Goddess Athena in both name, weaponry, and aesthetics.

Cool beans.
HIS comment seemed to suggest otherwise

So I replied as such.

I never said EVERYONE was after her for her looks

The way he phrased that comment, it seemed to imply that people should like Palutena more because she's a woman of godly beauty rather than the ugly reptiles

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Constant barrage of 1 liners good humor does not make
I'm not sure if you played through Uprising, but it wasn't just the one liners. She was constantly ragging on Pit; that's what I loved about her. If you weren't paying attention, she could come off as ditzy and uncaring at times, but it was CLEAR that she just really enjoyed messing with Pit's head.

Bottom line is that she would add a unique style of character, personality and play style wise, to the game. You are obviously not a fan - and that's okay. I think Crocodile Bowser is a terrible character and I'm glad that they didn't bring him back for the new Donkey Kong Country games. If he got in though, I wouldn't be bitter, I'd be happy for his fans.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That not everyone is shallow and after digital booty?
Are you trying to imply that you don't appreciate K. Rool's digital booty?
He was a pirate. I'm sure he has quite the booty indeed.
Oh, wait, that was his brother

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Don't worry guys, if this is true ,cool!
But if it's fake that doesn't mean Palutena is disconfirmed or something, she is one of the most likely characters (I personally think she is inevitable) and this is why I don't care so much about this leak.
Also, this leak looks so believable, it reminds me of this old Brawl leak (At least for me, it looked believable XD).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But if it's fake that doesn't mean Palutena is disconfirmed or something, she is one of the most likely characters (I personally think she is inevitable) and this is why I don't care so much about this leak.
Also, this leak looks so believable, it reminds me of this old Brawl leak (At least for me, it looked believable XD).
Ah, I remember that one. It looks so primitive now, ha ha.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This picture on it's own shows that at the very least, it's not the Brawl model.
It's not the Uprising model either, as I noted in this post.

Those pictures are obviously fake, though. You can't compare.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Man, that really looks viable.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's not the Uprising model either, as I noted in this post.

Those pictures are obviously fake, though. You can't compare.
Hmmm...

So the model in game isn't from a previous source. Can we compare to the AR card? I'm just thinking about ruling out essentially all possibilities.

If it turns out that it doesn't match any sort of pre-existing models, then that would mean the leaker would have had to do a ton of work to modify or create his own model. To spend all the time needed to make this from scratch is outrageous, and in my opinion unlikely.

Guys, I think this is legit.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Cool beans.

I think this is even more factored to her retro design from first KI:

It's quite common though that early designs of many characters are inspired by some known source, like Mario used to have Popeye-influence to him when being Jumpman.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I came to check the thread, same it jumped likes 20 pages. Didn't understand why, but then I saw Palutena. It seems every time I go to the next page there's a new page, haha, I couldn't reach the end of the thread for a long while.

I see very little to suspect that this is fake, and it's certainly pulled the wool over my eyes if it's not real.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm not sure what I think about these Palutena images just yet. On the one hand, they look well done for a fake without resorting to blurry shots and obscure, removed angles; yet on the other hand, does it make sense that somebody would have free access to take these kind of pictures? No, it doesn't.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Hmmm...

So the model in game isn't from a previous source. Can we compare to the AR card? I'm just thinking about ruling out essentially all possibilities.

If it turns out that it doesn't match any sort of pre-existing models, then that would mean the leaker would have had to do a ton of work to modify or create his own model. To spend all the time needed to make this from scratch is outrageous, and in my opinion unlikely.

I don't think the AR card moves, does it? If it doesn't then we don't even need to compare because we have two poses. Plus I would think they would use the KI:U model for the AR card.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not sure what I think about these Palutena images just yet. On the one hand, they look well done for a fake without resorting to blurry shots and obscure, removed angles; yet on the other hand, does it make sense that somebody would have free access to take these kind of pictures? No, it doesn't.
If those are fake screens, they are very well done, with lots of attention to details.

Hmmm...

The AR card models are the same as her Uprising model. The Idols in Uprising are the characters doing certain animations, so it could be just loading the same model with a certain animation playing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That can be applied to basically every leak. Pokémon X & Y also had content leaked well before its intended release date. Granted Smash's release date is likely farther away than the Greninja leak was from X & Y's release date.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Alright, I'm going to work. You guys better have figured this one out by the time I get home or I'll be very annoyed!!

Seriously though, I went to bed 8 hours ago hoping that when I woke up this one would be figured out, and it's not. Could be very exciting.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I can't see that Translator leak being true. It has too many unlikely things in it. And the things that it has (so far) correctively predicted are things that anyone could have guessed (Ashley was never going to be playable, and Palutena is one of the more likely newcomers).

-Diddy Kong paired with Dixie? Why? They've teamed together in a grand total of one game, ever. They're both popular and established characters, their movesets would both be required to be made in full so pairing them is literally a nonsensical move. It's not as if they're little known characters like the Ice Climbers. Why would Lucas and Ness be individual characters but not Diddy Kong (an A-list Nintendo character) and Dixie (easily B-list). Plus Diddy is already an established character in the Smash series.
-As much as I want K. Rool, I realistically don't think he'll be included.
-Chrom? I just don't see it. Fire Emblem characters don't exactly have much moveset potential, and Chrom essentially uses the same weapon as Marth, there's also the cosmetic factor, would Nintendo want to cram in loads of characters who have a similar basic appearance and use Swords? I'd be less surprised to see Roy return.
-Wolf is described in the leak as "no longer being a semi-clone". He never was.

This Palutena leak seems legit to me though. Probably playable. As people have said, I doubt they'd cut her from Pitt's Final Smash just to make her an Assist Trophy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I can't see that Translator leak being true. It has too many unlikely things in it. And the things that it has (so far) correctively predicted are things that anyone could have guessed (Ashley was never going to be playable, and Palutena is one of the more likely newcomers).

-Diddy Kong paired with Dixie? Why? They've teamed together in a grand total of one game, ever. They're both popular and established characters, their movesets would both be required to be made in full so pairing them is literally a nonsensical move. It's not as if they're little known characters like the Ice Climbers. Why would Lucas and Ness be individual characters but not Diddy Kong (an A-list Nintendo character) and Dixie (easily B-list). Plus Diddy is already an established character in the Smash series.
-Chrom? I just don't see it. Fire Emblem characters don't exactly have much moveset potential, and Chrom essentially uses the same weapon as Marth, there's also the cosmetic factor, would Nintendo want to cram in loads of characters who have a similar basic appearance and use Swords? I'd be less surprised to see Roy return.

This Palutena leak seems legit to me though. Probably playable. As people have said, I doubt they'd cut her from Pitt's Final Smash just to make her an Assist Trophy.
Most people still view wolf as a semi-clone regardless if he is

It's not unreasonable that someone would put that if they saw his moveset change

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Holy icarus?!? Almost 200 views?!?!
I actually find it somewhat convincing. Ya the thing slightly clips, but the shading and detail really make it convincing for me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If those are fake screens, they are very well done, with lots of attention to details.

The AR card models are the same as her Uprising model. The Idols in Uprising are the characters doing certain animations, so it could be just loading the same model with a certain animation playing.
Alright then. So as far as we all know, that model is original to Smash Bros.

Here's a list:
It's an original model
The model does NOT originate from any Kid Icarus content
Palutena has the dark outline that other playables do
...I'm sure there's more to add, but that's exclusive to the model itself.

I asked my friends what they thought about it. Two said that they thought that Palutena seems to look like she's closer to the screen than Mario, and that they think she might be an Assist. But then the dark outline disqualifies that.

Really, I don't see how a random person could get it. We don't know the leaker's background. It could be anybody. The fact that this image is so well done either means that they created the picture themselves (which would take a ridiculous amount of time), or they were in the vicinity of something related to Smash on 3DS, and snapped a few pics.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
180 people in one thread. ****.

Also, I don't know what to think of Palutena either.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That can be applied to basically every leak. Pokémon X & Y also had content leaked well before its intended release date. Granted Smash's release date is likely farther away than the Greninja leak was from X & Y's release date.
Those games had information leaked when they were already in a product testing phase; we have no idea where Super Smash Bros is on the company's life cycle. Very few people have access to information, let alone a game build. If the game is coming out in Spring, than I could see these snapshots being from a test build of some kind; but I would think Nintendo would monitor activity pretty closely, especially for the kind of quality this person managed to obtain. If I'm having to rationalize things by playing a game of hypothetical connect-the-dots, then it's probably not the strongest ground to stand on.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It looks like an iPhone photo.

Here, let me take a picture of A Link Between Worlds right now with the 3DS off on my 3DS XL (I have an iPhone 5C).

That looks comparable graphics-wise. Other phones have a lot better cameras than mine, and mine wasn't really in focus, so it's not really crazy to think this could happen. It would literally take only 15 seconds to take both pictures. I took 5 in 15 seconds easily. You could even do something similar with cameras in terms of time.

The models aren't from Kid Icarus Uprising, Brawl, or the AR cards. They're not even that good on the Brawl Vault. They're new. They're either the best fakes ever that someone has been doing for several months or, more likely, real.

Like the E3 Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man dealio, I think there is a 95% chance this is real.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Welcome to the ranks, dude.

-I agree wholeheartedly. Diddy is an established fighter in Smash Bros, first and foremost. Putting him with Dixie would be as bad as cutting him altogether.
-I can see where you're coming from, King K. Rool is the least likely of the SmashBoards Elite Four (K. Rool, Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley) but he is highly requested.
-I could see them adding Chrom, but I really, really, hope they don't. Lucina or Lyn would be way better.
-Wolf had his own standard moves, but his specials and FS were copied from Fox and Falco. Still, he doesn't need any other changes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Honestly, unlikely stuff in leaks give them more plausibility imho.

With that said, most people consider K.Rool and Chrom as likely.

Many people consider Wolf a semi-clone because of his Specials.

D

Deleted member

Though the written leaks were many months prior. (I'm referring to PokéBeach)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^

Ignoring the fact that Sakurai wanted Diddy paired with Dixie in Brawl? It's certainly interesting he might want to retread the idea, but Sakurai's a weird guy. Besides, based on what the "leak" says, they'd switch with down-B and their movesets would be different. I don't think it'd be THAT drastic of a change.

"I'm just not feeling K. Rool" isn't a valid reason to doubt potential information. While I'm skeptical about a leak I'm actually satisfied by, and will remain so, history shows that Sakurai enjoys DKC fanservice.

Wolf WAS a semi clone. Blaster, angled illusion, reflector, a semi-clone of Fox does make.

Look, whether or not you believe the "translator leak", we'll have a pretty good idea if the guy knows his stuff on Feb.13th.

Deku_Don

Smash Apprentice
I enjoyed her character in uprising (then again all of them were good, was a great game). Not sure whether she makes sense as a fighter but then again neither does villager, or wii fit trainer or R.O.B or etc.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
^

Ignoring the fact that Sakurai wanted Diddy paired with Dixie in Brawl? It's certainly interesting he might want to retread the idea, but Sakurai's a weird guy. Besides, based on what the "leak" says, they'd switch with down-B and their movesets would be different. I don't think it'd be THAT drastic of a change.

"I'm just not feeling K. Rool" isn't a valid reason to doubt potential information. While I'm skeptical about a leak I'm actually satisfied by, and will remain so, history shows that Sakurai enjoys DKC fanservice.

Wolf WAS a semi clone. Blaster, angled illusion, reflector, a semi-clone of Fox does make.

Look, whether or not you believe the "translator leak", we'll have a pretty good idea if the guy knows his stuff on Fen. 13th.
Was this the rumor that said they went considering either Tingle or Ghirahim for the Zelda rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom