• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
As un-excited as I am to see another bad character choice, this /does/ add more credibility to the leak list, WHICH contained Ridley and Mewtwo, so I'm happy that this happened.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Which leak?
The translator leak I presume, the other thing that one has right is Ashley as an AT. Granted Palutena as a character and Ashley as an AT isn't that hard to guess for anybody.

I don't know much about her personality wise but looks wise she looks awesome IMO.

She's a staff and shield-wielding goddess with green hair for crying out loud... How could anyone not like that?
She's cool and all, but not someone I'm personally interested in. The only reason I'm glad to see her semi-confirmed is for other people's sake.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
To anyone whose saying Palutena was (would be) a bad choice, just go play Uprising. She's overflowing with personality and has great moveset potential.

Plus she'd be another female addition

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
As un-excited as I am to see another bad character choice, this /does/ add more credibility to the leak list, WHICH contained Ridley and Mewtwo, so I'm happy that this happened.
Oh great the anti supporters are here, can't you just be happy for the people who actually support the character even if you don't like it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still don't like her or see any appeal in her
For me personally it's her personality but, then again, Uprising had one of the most solid cast of characters for any game I've ever played. I really like how they fleshed out the relationship between her and Pit. She's almost like a mix between a mom, a boss, and a best friend to Pit and the developers did an exceptional job of making her a likable character.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Yeah, actually if you look at both pictures. That one golden charm is not a Power Star. It's just cut off and looks like one, but you can easily tell that it's the long thingy from her Brawl model.
Hold that freaking thought.

I looked at it from the first pic. Are you sure you're looking at where the star is supposed to be and not the charm right next to it? It looks similar enough from the side.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Anybody ever notice how we only get leaks on the 3DS version?
I think there's a reason for this.

I've never worked in the gaming industry, so I could be wrong on this. However, I have worked as an extra on a movie set(don't ask which one, I won't/can't tell you). When I was there, they had a strict "no cameras" policy, and they'd confiscate your phone/camera and refuse to pay you if they caught you taking pictures. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Nintendo/Namco, among others, might have a similar policy for upcoming games.

Now, with this in mind, it would probably be very difficult to get pictures of the Wii U version. I imagine they'd be set up in some sort of common area, and there'd be a lot of people around the unit at any given time. The 3DS, on the other hand, is portable, which means that it might be easier for someone to get the unit in an area where there aren't a lot of people and it's easier to snap a quick photo(this is probably why there are only two photos, and why they aren't in some sort of dynamic pose).

Just my two cents on the matter.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I still don't like her or see any appeal in her
Well, she has A TON of personality in game, and has a good move set potential. I probably also hate some of your character choices, so whatever floats your boat.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, she has A TON of personality in game, and has a good move set potential. I probably also hate some of your character choices, so whatever floats your boat.
I didn't think it was that great of personality

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I think there's a reason for this.

I've never worked in the gaming industry, so I could be wrong on this. However, I have worked as an extra on a movie set(don't ask which one, I won't/can't tell you). When I was there, they had a strict "no cameras" policy, and they'd confiscate your phone/camera and refuse to pay you if they caught you taking pictures. I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Nintendo/Namco, among others, might have a similar policy for upcoming games.

Now, with this in mind, it would probably be very difficult to get pictures of the Wii U version. I imagine they'd be set up in some sort of common area, and there'd be a lot of people around the unit at any given time. The 3DS, on the other hand, is portable, which means that it might be easier for someone to get the unit in an area where there aren't a lot of people and it's easier to snap a quick photo(this is probably why there are only two photos, and why they aren't in some sort of dynamic pose).

Just my two cents on the matter.
I was thinking the exact same thing. It is indefinitely easier to leak a 3DS screenshot.

If you had taken out a camera while testing the Wii U version, Sakurai would probably kill you on the spot with a ninja star.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That not everyone is shallow and after digital booty?
Interestingly she has more personality in her appearance in Uprising than every game Ridley and King K. Rool is in combined. The same can be said for move set potential.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interestingly she has more personality in her appearance in Uprising than every game Ridley and King K. Rool is in combined. Move set potential in addition to that.
More personality doesn't mean good personality

Example: Samus

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'll be honest in not caring for Palutena either. Of course, I've never played Uprising before. So she could be great for all I know. But for now, I prefer Rosalina.

I know some people would dislike my character choices. I want Daroach as the 4th Kirby rep and Travis Touchdown as a 3rd party...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like both Ridley and Palutena and would be delighted if both made in the game.

(I simply like badass characters. When you kick ass, anything else hardly matters.)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well it's a subjective thing, but she's almost universally subjectively enjoyed so I don't know what to tell ya.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I like that translator leak.

K. Rool, Mac, Palutena...

PLEASE be true...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Remember, respect the opinions of others. Whether you support her or not, we need to support one another.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've played every kid icarus game long before people were saying "Who's Pit" and never once did Palutena seem like someone that would be good as a playable character

She's not a bad character, but she's not someone that should be glorified

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I already thought of the perfect alt. costume for Palutena :awesome:.

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Come on Sakurai, just admit she's in so you can show off this costume :troll:.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Apparently I've missed quite a bit in the span of the past 16 hours.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Het c'mon Psycho, I found her interesting and a comedic asset to Uprising. Of course we have differing opinions, but one should at least be able to see her merits for something like Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom