• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 confirmed to be shown at E3 2013

•Col•

Smash Champion
Don't be so selfish and stupid. You want them to rush the game and f*ck it up by putting in too many clones or have lots of glitches are flaws?

Screens are a great idea. It shows the game isn't rushed to the point that they're pelting out videos/demos (e.g. Mario Kart, 3D Mario and HD Wind Waker will have demos at E3 and demos through Wii U shop, as well as E3 video presentations). The screens allow us to see how the game is coming along in terms of art style and also the quality of the graphics. Early screens, as long as they represent what they intend to be the final version, are good for feedback. A lot of fans can see '(this area) needs a lot more detail', 'the graphics should be sharper' etc and they can fix things and show the fixed versions in video form at E3 2014.

You're asinine if you think a Smash Bros game of this level and size would be able to show a trailer after only a year. A trailer is meant to represent the final version.

Think about how Mario Kart at E3 2013 is the final version (and we have no prior info or screenshots of it) so what we see is what we get, while Smash 4 is a 'this is it so far, what more can we do?' :)
Orly?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194811

The game system itself for Smash 4 has been done for like half a year now. Plopping in a few characters to make a 2 minute trailer doesn't take that long.

wtf? No, I think 2013 Q4 and 2014 Q1 are the most likely candidates for release, unless you guys are trolling heavy amounts of blood and tears right now.

Granted, a slated release date is by no means available for us any time soon. Q? means they could push back release. Latest I could see them push it back is Q3 2014 because of major difficulty getting the final product up to Sakurai's expectations. And look at it this way, he's got a full-fledged team of experts at the moment working for him.
^Also this.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I be fine with a 2013 early 2014 realease, like someone said do u think it be a wise idea to show the game at e3 and say btw you got to wait 2 years to play it

•Col•

Smash Champion
I totally can't wait for E3 2013 now! :3 If there is a trailer, which most people think there will be, it's going to be so hype. ^_^
If you read the article I linked to above...

- announcements like Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS would usually be accompanied by a trailer, but the team wanted to keep gamers patient while waiting for E3
- this is why they put out just a limited announcement
- Sakurai says E3 will come with a much better announcement
- the plan is to show off both the Wii U and 3DS versions at E3
Heavily implying there will be at LEAST a trailer at E3.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I came so hard after reading this news I farted

A trailer is meant to represent the final version.
Nah son

A trailer is meant to demonstrate an idea of what the game will be like, it doesn't necessarily mean that it represents the final version. Scratch that, it actually DOESN'T mean that it represents the final version. This is the first trailer we're slated to get for a game heavily in development, so things are bound to change even after the trailer itself is released

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Brawl's trailer featured several gameplay mechanics and animations taken straight from Melee, while an early Melee trailer features such mechanics as Samus's bombs canceling all of her animations if they exploded near her, leading to unique followups on interrupted moves.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I wish the game was released this year, but, reasonably, I think 2013 will be just the drooling year (new details every week by luck) before the game will be ultimated and tested.

Carolus Rex

Smash Cadet
We would have a new console by then.. :awesome:
I was joking obviously. It's fun because he says that people who think the game is coming out in Q4 2013 / Q1 2014 are stupid, and then he says that he expects the game to come out in 2017... By that time we'll be talking about the next handled Nintendo system, easily...

By the way, even if I would love the game to come out this year, I think march to may 2014 MAX just to stay low with expectations. Holiday season would be great but I think they'll drop Mario Kart U by then, which is the smart move. Should be enough to cover a couple of months, and after that we get Sm4sh. Epic win if you ask me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
2017 is ridiculous. 2016 and 2013 are very unlikely. 2015 is definitely possible, but I'd bet it all on 2014. At least, 2014 being the intended initial release date. Who knows... maybe we'll get a delay into the next year again? :glare:

Though if it helps the quality and longevity I won't complain... much. ;)

Vashimus

Smash Master
Don't be so selfish and stupid. You want them to rush the game and f*ck it up by putting in too many clones or have lots of glitches are flaws?

Screens are a great idea. It shows the game isn't rushed to the point that they're pelting out videos/demos (e.g. Mario Kart, 3D Mario and HD Wind Waker will have demos at E3 and demos through Wii U shop, as well as E3 video presentations). The screens allow us to see how the game is coming along in terms of art style and also the quality of the graphics. Early screens, as long as they represent what they intend to be the final version, are good for feedback. A lot of fans can see '(this area) needs a lot more detail', 'the graphics should be sharper' etc and they can fix things and show the fixed versions in video form at E3 2014.

You're asinine if you think a Smash Bros game of this level and size would be able to show a trailer after only a year. A trailer is meant to represent the final version.

Think about how Mario Kart at E3 2013 is the final version (and we have no prior info or screenshots of it) so what we see is what we get, while Smash 4 is a 'this is it so far, what more can we do?' :)
What the **** are you talking about? Trailers of games still in their development stages are shown all the time. It's called generating hype. Getting the masses excited and keeping them interested with updates until their just bursting out of their seats with anticipation. Just because it shows us a trailer does not mean it's the final product. Never has been. Things like floor demos are clearly not the final product either. YOU'RE asinine if you think otherwise.

Don't pull out that whole "rushed" excuse, because we all know how much of a perfectionist Sakurai is, especially considering the short time frame he worked on Melee. Now that he has help from producers and directors who've worked on games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, the Tales series, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Ridge Racer, what makes you think that the game won't be polished?

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
What the **** are you talking about? Trailers of games still in their development stages are shown all the time. It's called generating hype. Getting the masses excited and keeping them interested with updates until their just bursting out of their seats with anticipation. Just because it shows us a trailer does not mean it's the final product. Never has been. Things like floor demos are clearly not the final product either. YOU'RE asinine if you think otherwise.

Don't pull out that whole "rushed" excuse, because we all know how much of a perfectionist Sakurai is, especially considering the short time frame he worked on Melee. Now that he has help from producers and directors who've worked on games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, the Tales series, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Ridge Racer, what makes you think that the game won't be polished?

:starman:A WINNER IS YOU:starman:

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice

Floor demos and 'demos' in general are usually a representation of the final product. In fact, they're usually a small sample taken directly from the game. Demos are often released to the public, too. There's rumours that the E3 demos of the next 3D Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be available to Wii U owners for free through the eshop.

There's a difference between a 'reveal trailer' (in movie terms, 'teaser trailer') and a 'trailer'. To show a trailer, yes, the game does need to be almost f**king complete and yes, it needs to represent the final product when they want to release a trailer. Like the ones you see on TV. People are expecting Nintendo to bust out a 2 minute trailer and that's simply not going to happen.

Simply, a SSB4 reveal trailer would be like the Man of Steel teaser attached to The Dark Knight Rises, while a SSB4 trailer would be like the full 2 minute Man of Steel trailer that came out 3-4 months after TDKR.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Floor demos and 'demos' in general are usually a representation of the final product. In fact, they're usually a small sample taken directly from the game. Demos are often released to the public, too. There's rumours that the E3 demos of the next 3D Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be available to Wii U owners for free through the eshop.

There's a difference between a 'reveal trailer' (in movie terms, 'teaser trailer') and a 'trailer'. To show a trailer, yes, the game does need to be almost f**king complete and yes, it needs to represent the final product when they want to release a trailer. Like the ones you see on TV. People are expecting Nintendo to bust out a 2 minute trailer and that's simply not going to happen.

Simply, a SSB4 reveal trailer would be like the Man of Steel teaser attached to The Dark Knight Rises, while a SSB4 trailer would be like the full 2 minute Man of Steel trailer that came out 3-4 months after TDKR.
I really think all we're looking for is something similar to the Brawl 2006 trailer. Considering Brawl wasn't released for almost 2 years after it, I really don't that's too far-fetched of a trailer to ask for.

Hell, we got a longish trailer for Skyward Sword at E3 2010.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
I really think all we're looking for is something similar to the Brawl 2006 trailer. Considering Brawl wasn't released for almost 2 years after it, I really don't that's too far-fetched of a trailer to ask for.

Hell, we got a longish trailer for Skyward Sword at E3 2010.
That trailer was, if I'm not mistaken, literally Melee with Brawl's design and graphics. I'm pretty sure they used Melee's engine (including physics, etc) and added onto it with what was necessary, like Mario's final smash.

Like I'm saying, it didn't represent the final product. Just look at all the 'Brawl isn't enough like Melee' complaints.

You raise a good point about Skyward Sword. Since SSB4 is making a new engine completely, not just modifying/updating the previous one, it is likely that, since this has been in development for 1 or 1½ year, it's possible they will use the most basic (punch, kick, single jump, etc) moves of characters with the updated graphics purely for no other reason than visual pleasure.

SmashGuy

Smash Journeyman
Hope it's good. It's been five years since brawl and (I think) five years before brawl. They've had 4-5 years to decide if they want another ssb. They should atleast have a clip.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think It'll come out somewhere in 2014. Hoilday 2013 is the ealirest. (ill go to E3 reguardless). Now whether tralier or screenshots ill get hyped, I just hope online is MAJORLY improved, that'd be cool if we got leaderboards... I hope we get balance,(im looking at you MK) and kirby better not turn back into melee kirby...and I hope Lyn makes it in. But since we have all these dev teams workin on it, I know I wont be dissapointed. (It'll be better than brawl, GET HYPED SMASH BROS.!)
PS: Namco-bandai make this game more competitive like it should be! :bee:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think It'll come out somewhere in 2014. Hoilday 2013 is the ealirest. (ill go to E3 reguardless). Now whether tralier or screenshots ill get hyped, I just hope online is MAJORLY improved, that'd be cool if we got leaderboards... I hope we get balance,(im looking at you MK) and kirby better not turn back into melee kirby...and I hope Lyn makes it in. But since we have all these dev teams workin on it, I know I wont be dissapointed. (It'll be better than brawl, GET HYPED SMASH BROS.!)
PS: Namco-bandai make this game more competitive like it should be! :bee:

You may wanna drizzle down the heat bro its way to early

Also does it make sense to say im hyped but dont have alotta faith/hope?

Because thats how i feel...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That trailer was, if I'm not mistaken, literally Melee with Brawl's design and graphics. I'm pretty sure they used Melee's engine (including physics, etc) and added onto it with what was necessary, like Mario's final smash.

Like I'm saying, it didn't represent the final product. Just look at all the 'Brawl isn't enough like Melee' complaints.

You raise a good point about Skyward Sword. Since SSB4 is making a new engine completely, not just modifying/updating the previous one, it is likely that, since this has been in development for 1 or 1½ year, it's possible they will use the most basic (punch, kick, single jump, etc) moves of characters with the updated graphics purely for no other reason than visual pleasure.
Hey, that works for me. All I want is visuals, new characters, settings, and a name. I don't anything other than that, it's basically what we got with the initial Brawl trailer, so I'm set.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Anyone expecting Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS to come out this year is an idiot. It hasn't even been in development for a full year yet. At the earliest we'll get one (just one) of these two games in November of 2014, with the most likely time frame for release being early-2015 to mid-2017.
Anyone expecting Smash WiiU and/or Smash 3DS to come out early-2015 to mid-2017 is an idiot. It has been in development for nearly a full year. At the earliest, we'll get one (just one) of these two games in March of 2014, with the most likely time frame for release being mid-2014 to late-2014.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Anyone calling another person an idiot over such a small detail is an IDIOT.

Oh wait ****.

Well anyways, three years of development is my guess. More than Brawl but not much, I don't think there being a 3DS game worked on simultaneously that will work together with SSB4 is going to drag it out egregiously. Also I cannot see the two versions being sold at different time periods if they have a lot of interplay (not implying one is lacking without the other), but that might just be me.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is my reaction to this news, except with more screaming and even more screaming than that and way more random screaming and this and this and this and this. (I WANT MORE INFO!!!) And this is how I physically reacted while I'm at it, with this exact music.

THIS IS A GLORIOUS VICTORY FOR HUMANITY!!! NOW, LET US WAIT FOR THE GRAND FEAST OF GREAT SMASHINGNESS!!! :):):):):):):):)
WE HAVE DONE IT my fellow SMASH BROTHERS! Now, We are LESS THAN 1/2 A YEAR FROM OUR GLORIOUS CROWN!!! WE ARE VICTORIOUS AND WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!
WE ARE... SMASH BROTHAAAAAASSSS!!! (even if you ain't a brother brother!!!) AND WE HAVE ALL WON!!!! Now, let us CELEBRATE!!!
I laughed so hard at all those links! :laugh: Those screaming cats! Can't unsee! :i6rkW:

nessokman

Smash Lord
The 3ds version willl probably be considerably smaller than the wii u. Sakurai is directing the wii u and i THINK someone from namco bandai is in charge of the other. The 3ds version will at least be 2014. Don't say they can't release versions at different times, because Resident Evil:Revelations Begs to differ, as does all other games being ported to the wii u. that are on last gen consoles.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
What if they show both? First a trailer, then any additional info about the game could be explained through screenshots.

I'm hoping they announce it in the same manner as Square Enix did with Lightning's Return: Final Fantasy 13. Provide a trailer and/or screenshots, then go in detail with the content we can expect to be in it, as well as what they're doing to make this an experience unlike any other Smash title thus far.

I'm going to aim my standards high, I did the same with Brawl and I handle disappointment really well so if it's a let-down, so be it.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Can anything beat that tingling felt when Snake emerged from his box onto the battlefield...holy sh#@ just thinking about it.

Damn shame that E3 was mostly dull reporters. But the fan reaction vids made up for it. Still, even the dull audience began to cheer and applaud.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The 3ds version willl probably be considerably smaller than the wii u. Sakurai is directing the wii u and i THINK someone from namco bandai is in charge of the other. The 3ds version will at least be 2014. Don't say they can't release versions at different times, because Resident Evil:Revelations Begs to differ, as does all other games being ported to the wii u. that are on last gen consoles.
They'll likely be the same at the core gameplay level. We just know that Bamco and Sakurai are working on BOTH versions of the game. The release date we're still not certain, but there's a decent possibility for them both to be out at the same time.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
They'll likely be the same at the core gameplay level. We just know that Bamco and Sakurai are working on BOTH versions of the game. The release date we're still not certain, but there's a decent possibility for them both to be out at the same time.
If they do like Animal Crossing, the 3DS version will probably come first and amaze with the 3D effects.
And then, some months later, the Wii U version will come out with more characters than the 3DS version.

Wondra

Smash Cadet
I'm hopeful that they'll have at least a trailer for us to enjoy @ e3.

Even more optimistically, I'm hoping to see both a theatrical trailer, as well as gameplay footage. Maybe a few new character additions, a new stage or two would be nice. Depending on when they plan on releasing new info after e3 (whether via a DOJO-esque venue, or simply at another conference), I'd hope whatever they decide to release is sizable enough to hold us over for a while...

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm hopeful that they'll have at least a trailer for us to enjoy @ e3.

Even more optimistically, I'm hoping to see both a theatrical trailer, as well as gameplay footage. Maybe a few new character additions, a new stage or two would be nice. Depending on when they plan on releasing new info after e3 (whether via a DOJO-esque venue, or simply at another conference), I'd hope whatever they decide to release is sizable enough to hold us over for a while...
I personally hope that they keep any new characters under wraps I'd much prefer to learn about the new characters when I unlock them heh. Maybe just give hints of new characters from stage reveals stuff like that. I agree though I'm definitely hoping for some form of trailer.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I personally hope that they keep any new characters under wraps I'd much prefer to learn about the new characters when I unlock them heh. Maybe just give hints of new characters from stage reveals stuff like that. I agree though I'm definitely hoping for some form of trailer.
I hope, if they do a Dojo again, that they only put up things we'll have from the start. I don't want to see any unlockable stages or characters at all. I know they hid them, but it was pretty difficult to use the internet at all without finding out what the update was anyway.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Last time they putted secret characters and secret stages under spoiler alert and I'm sure they will do that even this time.
Thought, I'm sure there will be new characters that are avaiable since the beginning. As well as for new stages.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Off topic, I know, but I would love Sakurai to no end if the trailer 'ends' like with Brawls, only to show a black screen with Mewtwo's eyes and his purple aura on his hand, then ends with "Mewtwo Returns. 2014." That would be a great and easy way to top Brawl's reaction.

Top Bottom