• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB Headcanons - Ultimate Edition

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultzss:and :ultlittlemac: have a thing for each other but both feel too awkward after what happened during their first encounter to talk to each other.

:ultkirby: ,:ultpacman:, :ultwario: and :ultyoshi: are best friends that chow down together all the time

:ultsimon: joined smash to hunt down and exterminate :ultbayonetta:

:ultbowserjr::ultness::ultlucas::ulttoonlink::ultpichu::ultyounglink:and :ultdiddy:are best friends that get up to crazy shenanigans together but they never invite :ultvillager: out with them because they think he'll tattle.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Definition of Holy according to google: "dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose"

It doesn't necessarily indicate that it was consecrated by the Christian God or even a benevolent god for that matter.

Perhaps the reason Simon and Ritchter's Holy Water can damage anyone in smash (including eachother) is because the water was made holy by a malevolent force, such as Tabuu?

Or alternatively, it's just contaminated as ****, which according to a few studies is not particularly unrealistic.

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Since it's Halloween...

:ultbayonetta: is the Elvira of the Smash universe and as a side gig in between Smash battles and her mission against the angels, she has a channel on YouTube in which she showcases various horror video games and video game icons, and like Elvira, she struts her sex appeal like no one's business.

:ultbowser: once saw Jimmy Kimmel's "I told my kids I ate their Halloween candy" skit and decided to pull it on :ultbowserjr: . Jr. instead destroyed half the castle with the aid of the Koopa Kids. Bowser intends on suing Jimmy Kimmel for all damages caused by that prank.

:ultsimon: and :ultrichter: have seen all three Hotel Transylvania movies and love them to pieces, and every time they see Dracula they taunt him by saying "BLAH BLAH BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

:ultluigi: actually prefers the 2016 Ghostbusters film, citing that Holtzmann is his favorite character and wishes to be just like her in his next big role in Luigi's Mansion 3.

Since Nintendo is now working with Universal. :ultmario:, :ultpeach:, :ultdaisy:, :ultluigi:, :ultrosalina: and :ultbowser: all attended Halloween Horror Nights for free. Everyone expected Luigi to be the biggest coward, and while he was scared, Bowser was the one that screamed the loudest during the mazes. Daisy didn't even flinch and kept taking selfies with the creepy characters.

For craps and giggles, :ultdk: and :ultdiddy: sent :ultkrool: a link about how an crocodile is skinned and turned into leather goods. K. Rool has then been receiving help from the Reptiles Club (:ultbowser:, :ultridley:, :ultcharizard:) to assure him that there is no such thing as crocodiles or alligators being turned into leather goods (even though deep down that is a real thing).

:ultyounglink: has told :ultness:, :ultlucas:, :ultvillager:, and :ultinkling: horror stories around the camp fire about fighting Majora's Mask, the moon, being stuck in a three day limbo where the third day meant death, the zombies, the half man-half mummy creature he had to save and more. :ulttoonlink: does not believe him, saying that there is no such legend like that and just wants to impress people.

:ultsnake: gets easily triggered every time :ultsimon: talks about Dracula. Every time he does, he has severe nightmares about it. :ultsamus: counsels him on coping with PTSD and nightmares.

:ultridley: tried to dress up as the Xenomorph aliens from the Aliens movies. He won first place at the Smash Halloween costume contest, but later spent nearly 2 hours showering trying to get the black paint off his body.

:ultwario: gives out garlic instead of candy on Halloween.

PF9

Smash Lord
The Incineroar that is in Smash is really the one belonging to The Masked Royal (who is really Professor Kukui)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
True to one of my Smash Headcanons now the last two had been revealed.

-Ken is the owner and trainer of Incineroar and also runs the dojo alongside :ultryu: and :ultlucario:. Also as Ryu and Ken are best friends and friendly rivals, the same goes for Lucario and Incineroar.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Definition of Holy according to google: "dedicated or consecrated to God or a religious purpose"

It doesn't necessarily indicate that it was consecrated by the Christian God or even a benevolent god for that matter.

Perhaps the reason Simon and Ritchter's Holy Water can damage anyone in smash (including eachother) is because the water was made holy by a malevolent force, such as Tabuu?

Or alternatively, it's just contaminated as ****, which according to a few studies is not particularly unrealistic.
"I can't believe FirestormNeos FirestormNeos predicted Galeem."

osby

Smash Obsessed
Lucina tried to save Chrom during the Galeem's assault, he also did the same with Robin. Unfortunately, both failed.

Musha4DaWin

Smash Cadet
:ultpeach: and :ultdaisy: just hid behind their Toads, hoping to survive. They did not. :ultwiifittrainer: attempted to look like a tree so they’d miss her. Again, she failed. And:ultluigi: was showed mercy until he tried to save :ultdaisy: They still failed.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
How some of the character reacted to Galeem's assault...
:ultbowser: and :ultbowserjr:- :ultbowser: was standing infront of :ultbowserjr:, hoping that if his fire didn't stop the beam/blast his own body would.
:ultfalcon:- Was planning on driving the Blue Falcon into the Galeem, complete with a FALCON PAWNCH
:ultdk: and :ultdiddy:- DK's first instinct was to throw :ultdiddy: away from the cliff, before getting vaporized himself.
:ultduckhunt:, :ultvillager: and :ultwiifittrainer:- :ultwiifittrainer: wasn't oblivious to her fate, but she was faking a calm and collected appearance for the sake of :ultduckhunt: and :ultvillager:.
:ultfalco:- :ultfalco: attempted to pull the beam/blasts away from the group below.
:ultgreninja: and :ultlucario:- :ultgreninja: did not know that :ultlucario: was behind him, was surprised to see him after jumping.
:ultlucas: and :ultness:- :ultness: pushed :ultlucas: out of the way of one, getting vaporized, and :ultlucas: was in too much of a shock to do anything.
:ultpalutena:,:ultpit: and :ultdarkpit:- :ultpit: and :ultdarkpit: had no control on their flight path. :ultpalutena: was staying behind in an attempt to buy the two angels more time.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
:ultluigi:escaped Galeem's assault by doing nothing. :p

Until its revealed I'm keeping this as a headcanon.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Despite playing the role of a rasslin' Heel in Smash. :ultincineroar: is actually a very pleasant, humble and hardworking pokémon outside of the ring, and is eternally grateful to :ultken: and :ultlittlemac:for letting her go over in her debut match. And yes, :ultincineroar: is actually a chick.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Despite playing the role of a rasslin' Heel in Smash. :ultincineroar: is actually a very pleasant, humble and hardworking pokémon outside of the ring, and is eternally grateful to :ultken: and :ultlittlemac:for letting her go over in her debut match. And yes, :ultincineroar: is actually a chick.
I loved this. Pokedex says Incineroar likes it when people find them cool, so I imagine she also gets along with :ultinkling::ultlucas::ultness::ultpichu::ultvillager: and like.

PF9

Smash Lord
Pikachu, with Lucario as his interpreter, will be attending the 90th Birthday Roast of Mickey Mouse on November 18.

These roasts, held every 5 years, are generally attended by other Disney characters and other fictional mice.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Bowser has his army lined up. He's giving a speech to them defeating mario, capturing Princesses, generally being rotten, and all those things that are important to Koopas. He walks by one formation of troopers that he considers his elite. He talks about how he needs the meaniest, toughest, and nastiest, most dangerous, most powerful trooper he's got, because he's only got room to bring one trooper with him. He walks by the Army Hammer Bros, Kamek, Boom Boom, Goomboss, Mouser, Birdo, Count Bleck, Tatanga, and Waluigi (who he didn't invite but was there anyway)

... and then he picks the Pirahna Plant. Because it brought cookies.

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
:ultyoshi: found :ultpichu:'s egg and, thinking it was a Yoshi egg, he looked after it and helped it hatch. He likes to let :ultpichu: ride around on his back and always worries for him in fights.

:ultolimar: takes care of :ultpiranha: and is always struggling to keep it from eating the pikmin (and sometimes :ultolimar: himself). He thinks it's like taking care of a very disobedient dog...

Oddball

Smash Lord
:ultryu: invited :ultken: to Smash without telling him anything about the tournmanet other than that there were a lot of tough fighters. Ken was completely taken back when he found out he'd be fighting people with laser guns and armor and such.

And Ken ended up liking it even better than Ryu does.

:ultwario: constantly gets :ultfalco: confused with :ultfalcon: and usually just refers to them as "that outer space bird guy" followed by either "the one with the car" or "the one with the laser".

:ultincineroar: constnalty challenges people to "a battle for the championship belt". Nobody knows what belt he's talking about nor does he seems to actually have a belt.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I loved this. Pokedex says Incineroar likes it when people find them cool, so I imagine she also gets along with :ultinkling::ultlucas::ultness::ultpichu::ultvillager: and like.
:ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultinkling::ultness::ultlucas::ultyounglink: are HUGE fans of :ultincineroar:. Of course he keeps up the heel persona, but as per the Pokédex, he loves the attention he gets.
I am disappointed that both of you don't believe that :ultbowserjr: would find :ultincineroar: cool. Not as cool as his dad, but definitely in the top 5 at least.

Edit: Another one about :ultincineroar:, :ultpokemontrainer: is the only kid Smash character that doesn't find him cool as the others do (:ultpokemontrainer: doesn't dislike him, but he finds other Pokemon cooler, like :4charizard: for example.) So :ultincineroar: keeps trying really hard to look cool infront of :ultpokemontrainer:, much to the annoyance of :4charizard:.

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Oh yep, I see it. Galeem huh, I think it has something to do with Master Core given how its wings look like the Smash 4 fire.
I looked closely, it seems to have an appearance of a 6-winged mythological being called seraphim, referenced and loosely inspired from Abrahamic religions (Jewish, Christian, Islam) that is associated with high rank and power position

Galeem

Seraphim 6 winged angel

osby

Smash Obsessed
I looked closely, it seems to have an appearance of a 6-winged mythological being called seraphim, referenced and loosely inspired from Abrahamic religions (Jewish, Christian, Islam) that is associated with high rank and power position
Nice explanation (though Islam doesn't have seraphims, just adding), and they are also associated with fire; since their name means "Burning Ones."They are usually depicted as angels of fire and are described as being aflame with the love of God. Kinda fitting with all the flame theme this game and Smash as a whole.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Galeem

Seraphim 6 winged angel

Nice explanation (though Islam doesn't have seraphims, just adding), and they are also associated with fire; since their name means "Burning Ones."They are usually depicted as angels of fire and are described as being aflame with the love of God. Kinda fitting with all the flame theme this game and Smash as a whole.
Seraphims are also known for constantly concealing their faces because the mere sight of their glory would incinerate mortals. And sure enough, Galeem doesn't have any sort of face. Nice touch there.

Volcarona is also partially seraphim-inspired, what with its six wings, sun motif, and fire powers.

Last edited:

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Pirahna Plant got tired of Mario constantly interrupting his nap in Super Mario 64. He decided it's finally time to get his revenge.

Latias425

Smash Rookie
Here are some headcanons on the Pokémon characters.

*When Leaf first came to the Smash Mansion, the three Pokémon she brought with her were Pikachu Libre, which she received during a vacation in Hoenn, Decidueye, which was her first Pokémon, and an Alolan Vulpix nicknamed Tundra, who hatched from an egg. (all three of them are female btw). She also has a bunch of other Pokémon back in Alola and occasionally brings them to the mansion.

*Red often lets Leaf borrow his Pokémon for Smash battles while Pikachu Libre takes part in battles herself and Tundra occasionally helps out as a Poké Ball Pokémon.

*Leaf is also one of those people who pretty much never stops talking. She could literally talk about her adventures and her Pokémon for hours on end, which usually leads to the others just walking away out of boredom or trying to get her to stop talking (which never works).

*Pikachu Libre has the personality and voice of a black person. Basically she’s the female Pokémon version of Mr. T.

*:ultincineroar: is a guy who always acts like he’s all cool and tough, but deep down he is actually a really big softie that has a soft spot for children. He also exhibits behavior that goes against his cool and tough wrestler persona, such as watching funny cat videos when no one’s around.

The following natures and characteristics for the Pokémon.

:ultpikachu:- Lax/Often dozes off
:ultjigglypuff:- Mild/Strong willed
:ultpichu:- Hasty/Likes to run
:ultmewtwo:- Serious/Hates to lose
:4charizard:- Brave/Loves to eat
:squirtle:- Naive/Highly curious
:ivysaur:- Careful/Alert to sounds
:ultlucario:- Calm/Good perseverance
:ultgreninja:- Impish/Somewhat of a clown
Pikachu Libre- Sassy/Quick tempered
Decidueye- Gentle/Likes to relax
Tundra- Timid/Quick to flee
:ultincineroar:- Adamant/Proud of its power

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I said it in the "Chrom Confirmed as Robin's Final Smash and Playable Character" news thread, but I'll say it here too.

Chrom from the By Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame trailer is the same Chrom in Robin's Final Smash.

The playable Chrom in Smash is another Chrom from the Outrealms. Or it might just be Ruger impersonating as Chrom again.

This kind of goes against my last headcanon about :ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom: all coming from the same Awakening world, but I didn't specify WHICH Chrom, even if it was implied that I was referring to the playable Chrom. There's still no need to retract my previous headcanon, hehehe...

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I said it in the "Chrom Confirmed as Robin's Final Smash and Playable Character" news thread, but I'll say it here too.

Chrom from the By Book, Blade, and Crest of Flame trailer is the same Chrom in Robin's Final Smash.

The playable Chrom in Smash is another Chrom from the Outrealms. Or it might just be Ruger impersonating as Chrom again.

This kind of goes against my last headcanon about :ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom: all coming from the same Awakening world, but I didn't specify WHICH Chrom, even if it was implied that I was referring to the playable Chrom. There's still no need to retract my previous headcanon, hehehe...
hold the **** up, there's more then one Chrom?

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Since :ultcloud: has appeared in both a Disney game and a Nintendo game, he has theme park perks for both Disney and Universal, something his Final Fantasy friends bugger him over. Yuffie in particular begs him for tickets, but he is just indifferent about it all, saying "it's all just gigs".

:ultincineroar: is very well aware of the furry fanbase he has gained and uses it to his advantage, squeezing in every little bit of fan service in his attacks. In addition, despite what some fan art have proclaimed, :ultincineroar: actually wishes that Decidueye was in the roster with him as they are best friends. Oh and one time :ultwario: tried to get :ultincineroar: to hold a bowl of Frosted Flakes and say "THEY'RE GRRRRRREAT!". Instead he just ate the whole thing in one gulp.

:ultkirby: has saved the world and his possessed friends so many times that his new Spirits adventure is just another great adventure for him to save his friends.

:ultwiifittrainer: has the tendency to fat shame characters like :ultkrool:, :ultwario:, :ultbowser: and :ultkingdedede: by forcing them into her regime. :ultpeach: has talked to her saying that she needs to understand that some people are happy being heavy and they should decide whether they want to lose weight or not.

:ultrosalina: really wants to see Geno in the game as she remembers him from when he was just a baby star, and his story is one of the many bedtime stories he tells to the Lumas before bedtime. To her, Geno represents the ideas of star granting wishes from miles away.

:ultdaisy: has an Instagram account that consists of nothing of impromptu selfies with the rest of the Ultimate cast. She has over 10,000 followers, and her selfie with :ultridley: has the most likes, though she doesn't understand why a random Star Wars characters keeps being mentioned in the comments.

:ultpalutena: has a very extensive Guidance script, and Ultimate is her latest challenge. Viridi, Pit and Dark Pit trying to squeeze in some comments does not help the process. Much like the rest of the gaming world, he has no word as to what to think of :ultpiranha:.

The Reptile Squad (:ultridley:, :ultkrool:, :ultbowser: and :ultpokemontrainer: (Charizard) chose karaoke as their activity for the week. :ultkrool: gave a very soulful rendition of Katy Perry's "Firework", while :ultbowser: sang "Worth It" by The Weeknd.

PF9

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer's father is MacGyver. The one from the original series.

Because of this, Murdoc (also the one from the original series) often tries to kill him, with no success.

Pokemon Trainer often does things as his father would do (improvise with ordinary household objects).

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm gonna throw some Assist Trophy headcanons here for fun, since I like to imagine they live in their own part of the mansion.

-Because of his past life with Maria, Shadow gets along well with Yuri and stands up for her after Ridley starts mocking her dead family.
-Shovel Knight is really confused as to why the Black Knight is here, how he became taller, and why he's actually wielding a sword now.
-Vince likes drawing everybody, to an almost unhealthy degree. He frequently asks Lyn to pose for him, but she always refuses.
-Zero, Alucard, Gray Fox and Shadow like skulking for no other reason than to look cool.
-Lyn wants to know how Zero keeps his hair so perfect.
-Knuckles is constantly keeping an eye on the Master Emerald via security cameras Jeff built for him, and panics if he's away for too long.
-Chef Kawasaki is very friendly and cooks meals for everybody. He even treats Rathalos and the Burrowing Snagret as pets somehow despite their fierce natures.
-Mother Brain never ever leaves her room and is always sitting on her trophy teleporter. She never speaks to anyone as she considers them all inferior and thus is usually forgotten.
-Arcade Bunny moved his business to the mansion and frequently advertises to the gamblers like Wolf and Wario. He maintains his upbeat attitude of course.
-9 times out of 10 there will be a whoopee cushion on someone's chair, placed by Waluigi and Skull Kid.
-Dr. Wily is constantly trying to think of ways to get Assists promoted, saying he's "still baffled as to how the dog in a skirt got in". He also tends to be rude around others, and believes Gray Fox is actually a robot and not a cyborg as he claims. He misses his Robot Masters but did bring Reggae with him.
-The Nintendog is the mansion pet, almost everyone looks after it. Tiki however is usually seen with it more than anyone else as they like napping together.
-Isaac spends a lot of time in Rodin's bar, trying to drink away his sorrows over being called back a decade later to play the same role again.
-Guile works out every single day at the same times. His goal? To be able to lift Rathalos with his bare hands.
-Every Friday is game night, usually cards. The rules include Waluigi not being allowed to play after cheating so many times, Knuckles and Spring Man being represented by Nikki since they don't have fingers, and Shadow being unable to use Chaos Control to look at everyone's cards. Somehow Riki is on a winning streak.
-Flies & Hand literally does nothing except what they're supposed to do. They have no friends and are actively avoided for how annoying they are, to the point where even Rathalos gets fed up with them.
-Shadow is sometimes grumpy over being "snubbed" from playable status, to which Sonic always tells him that he at least didn't get fired like Elec Man.
-Yuri constantly has to tell people that her camera doesn't take ordinary pictures, but Falco tried to do so anyway and Luigi was left petrified for a whole day.
-Dark Samus keeps all the Metroids with her and acts playful around them (as she is a Metroid herself). No one ever sees this side of her however.
-Waluigi actually entered Piranha Plant in as a joke and practically died of laughter when it was chosen.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm gonna throw some Assist Trophy headcanons here for fun, since I like to imagine they live in their own part of the mansion.

-Because of his past life with Maria, Shadow gets along well with Yuri and stands up for her after Ridley starts mocking her dead family.
-Shovel Knight is really confused as to why the Black Knight is here, how he became taller, and why he's actually wielding a sword now.
-Vince likes drawing everybody, to an almost unhealthy degree. He frequently asks Lyn to pose for him, but she always refuses.
-Zero, Alucard, Gray Fox and Shadow like skulking for no other reason than to look cool.
-Lyn wants to know how Zero keeps his hair so perfect.
-Knuckles is constantly keeping an eye on the Master Emerald via security cameras Jeff built for him, and panics if he's away for too long.
-Chef Kawasaki is very friendly and cooks meals for everybody. He even treats Rathalos and the Burrowing Snagret as pets somehow despite their fierce natures.
-Mother Brain never ever leaves her room and is always sitting on her trophy teleporter. She never speaks to anyone as she considers them all inferior and thus is usually forgotten.
-Arcade Bunny moved his business to the mansion and frequently advertises to the gamblers like Wolf and Wario. He maintains his upbeat attitude of course.
-9 times out of 10 there will be a whoopee cushion on someone's chair, placed by Waluigi and Skull Kid.
-Dr. Wily is constantly trying to think of ways to get Assists promoted, saying he's "still baffled as to how the dog in a skirt got in". He also tends to be rude around others, and believes thinks Gray Fox is actually a robot and not a cyborg as he claims. He misses his Robot Masters but did bring Reggae with him.
-The Nintendog is the mansion pet, almost everyone looks after it. Tiki however is usually seen with it more than anyone else as they like napping together.
-Isaac spends a lot of time in Rodin's bar, trying to drink away his sorrows over being called back a decade later to play the same role again.
-Guile works out every single day at the same times. His goal? To be able to lift Rathalos with his bare hands.
-Every Friday is game night, usually cards. The rules include Waluigi not being allowed to play after cheating so many times, Knuckles and Spring Man being represented by Nikki since they don't have fingers, and Shadow being unable to use Chaos Control to look at everyone's cards. Somehow Riki is on a winning streak.
-Flies & Hand literally does nothing except what they're supposed to do. They have no friends and are actively avoided for how annoying they are, to the point where even Rathalos gets fed up with them.
-Shadow is sometimes grumpy over being "snubbed" from playable status, to which Sonic always tells him that he at least didn't get fired like Elec Man.
-Yuri constantly has to tell people that her camera doesn't take ordinary pictures, but Falco tried to do so anyway and Luigi was left petrified for a whole day.
-Dark Samus keeps all the Metroids with her and acts playful around them (as she is a Metroid herself). No one ever sees this side of her however.
-Waluigi actually entered Piranha Plant in as a joke and practically died of laughter when it was chosen.
Bomberman is constantly directing "I know you're up to something" glares at Wario. However, he gets along well with Snake and Simon.
Krystal and Fox have just gotten back together after a nasty breakup that neither wants to talk about.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultpit: decides to kick the *** of :ultridley: due to him destroying the hot springs and eating his floor ice cream

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
:ultpit: decides to kick the *** of :ultridley: due to him destroying the hot springs and eating his floor ice cream
That sounds like him with the hot spring bit. Personally I like to think either he was doing :ultzss: a solid and take on her archenemy for her to prevent him from ambushing her during her current fight(s), and she is impressed by his ability to hold his own against the space dragon.
(Honestly that was my favorite part in that commercial.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That sounds like him with the hot spring bit. Personally I like to think either he was doing :ultzss: a solid and take on her archenemy for her to prevent him from ambushing her during her current fight(s), and she is impressed by his ability to hold his own against the space dragon.
(Honestly that was my favorite part in that commercial.)
It might aswell be everyone’s favorite (Ridley did not look like he was enjoying the fight after all)

As for Samus...maybe she was gonna join in on his hot spring adventure

Top Bottom