• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Tactical Discussion

T-block

B2B TST
so full-hop d-air -> d-tilt is pretty cool, especially if you move away from your opponent just before landing

full-hop d-air is just cool in general

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been noticing you like to bring up fullhop dair a lot, t-block. :p I've been using it less in favor of more nair to keep it fresh. Never tried fullhop dair to dtilt, though. :O

CoonTail

Smash Lord
-Kith that is completely ridiculous you manage to hydroplane to reverse shift minorly at the end its astounding man please more detail, please this creates all new mindgames for our lil squirtle covered in his turtle wax, stopping on dimes, confusing people hahahha

T-block

B2B TST
I've been noticing you like to bring up fullhop dair a lot, t-block. :p I've been using it less in favor of more nair to keep it fresh. Never tried fullhop dair to dtilt, though. :O
use it <3 you can do almost anything out of it. a lot of people aren't expecting it to end so early too, so you can get in a few cheap hits

Kith

Smash Ace
-Kith that is completely ridiculous you manage to hydroplane to reverse shift minorly at the end its astounding man please more detail, please this creates all new mindgames for our lil squirtle covered in his turtle wax, stopping on dimes, confusing people hahahha
Lmao assuming this isn't sarcasm, I'm completely in love with this technique. When I first found out about it I thought it was cool, but not particularly useful. I went to a smashfest this weekend and I mindgamed sooo many people with that. I punished airdodges with it, rolls, dash attacks XD. I really like hydrojabing in general. I think it's really worth mastering.

Vermy

Smash Champion
K so this weekend, hanging out with Toby (ya that's rite, jls much?) we discovered the most amazing thing to do out of a true hydroplane. It is our flamedash.
-insert hype here-

...Hydrotaunt.

Line up one at a time and be paped.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've been using Watergun a lot more to push back edgeguarding opponents. Anyone else do this? I don't remember seeing it in anyone's videos....

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
You mean while you're off the stage?
Yeah. I guess I wasn't so clear, haha.

I'm offstage with a charged Water Gun, and the opponent either stands on the edge waiting for me to come back or jumps offstage to attack me. I use Water Gun and push them away so I can safely recover.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, this thread hasn't been used in forever.

Squirtle's dair has a really, really weird hitbox. I daired the other day against my friend's Jigglypuff on PS1, and it hit him even though he was below the stage. We lol'd pretty hard.

T-block is right, we need to fullhop dair moar!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Dang, this thread hasn't been used in forever.

Squirtle's dair has a really, really weird hitbox. I daired the other day against my friend's Jigglypuff on PS1, and it hit him even though he was below the stage. We lol'd pretty hard.

T-block is right, we need to fullhop dair moar!

Chuckles_KSU

Smash Apprentice
oh my gooood steeler

are those pics close to being up?
They should be. I'm nearly done with Ivysaur (Just have the ledge attacks and specials left, and there's only like... Two specials I need to worry about.) Once Ivysaur's done, we should have a thread up and going, or Reflex said something about putting them in his guide. Whatever works.

Kith

Smash Ace
Wow what is this song?

And Kith some of your movements are a little different to me, how are you doing some of these things?
What movements are ya talking about exactly lol. If you're talking about the video, it's just a hydrograb to reverse crawl. The momentum carries over for some reason. Other than that, I need more specifics :-P

Top Bottom