• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Squad (General Disc.)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I discover float cancels for a character that can't float and you correct my terminology? I'll see you after class. In the parking lot.
And then Plate said unto his people, "I do not give a **** what you discover, only that you have correct terminology."

:troll:

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Did you go to SC3? If so do you live around SC?
No idea what SC3 is, and I live in Oklahoma.

APPARENTLY THOUGH THERE ARE A LOT OF FAKE DADS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY.

I WILL FIGHT AND DESTROY EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
No idea what SC3 is, and I live in Oklahoma.

APPARENTLY THOUGH THERE ARE A LOT OF FAKE DADS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY.

I WILL FIGHT AND DESTROY EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM.
GET A BETTER NAME

I think i'm actually gonna use a diff tag for smash 4, but keep Plate for PM

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
You know what a really fun MU is to watch: Charizard and C Falcon. They combo each other so hard. The players react like they are characters in the YuGiOh anime dueling.

The was really random. I'm super stoked to ditto @ Zwarm Zwarm though. I've always been curious as to how I stack up against him. The only other Squirtle player I played was super amish.

Last edited:

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I mean, input buffer does help but its a crutch that you won't be able to use in tournament so its best not to practice it that way

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I just realized, squirtle is pretty much exact center position on the character select screen. Does the universe revolve around squirtle mains? Perhaps.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I mean, input buffer does help but its a crutch that you won't be able to use in tournament so its best not to practice it that way
This is why I was asking. I'm going to avoid Squirtle on Netplay :/

What do people do at low percents against CC heavy opponents?

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Spacing and baiting baby.
Also... Bubble. It makes them trip, not even bowser can CC.

So... Squirtle has pseudo float cancels on Smashville.

If you BHFS the same direction the platform is moving at a speed that gets you to the ledge of the platform (but not fast enough to completely over take it) you fall off the platform, but then the platform catches you. But then you fall off, and then the platform catches you in a very short frame cycle. In that cycle every aerial you do is ledge canceled. I threw out two nairs and a jab in about 20 frames.

The PMBR dreamed of creating the world's strongest pokemon. And they succeeded.
@ Sir Skaro Sir Skaro I finally was able to get 3 nairs in but I think the hitbox frame wasn't soon enough. I can just do 2 It's pretty hard, however the hitbox comes out! I must get a kill with it!

Last edited:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I practiced Squirtle and Peach last night for Tipped Off 10. Surprisingly, my Squirtle movement was better than my Peach. I still need to understand how to do the reverse upsmash on purpose. I've done it semi-consistently, but haven't gotten a feeling in my hands for the movement. I mainly practiced my movement and spacing. I learned last night that I've been playing this game incorrectly even after so many years of tournament experience and whatnot. It's time to step it up. I also lack discipline to keep on practicing a technique whenever I get frustrated.

From what I've seen I think Squirtle has like the best movement options in PM, so playing smart w/ spacing and good fundamentals go a long way.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
I finally was able to get 3 nairs in but I think the hitbox frame wasn't soon enough. I can just do 2 It's pretty hard, however the hitbox comes out! I must get a kill with it!
Yeah, I was afraid that the nair hitbox wouldn't come out fast enough. We'll be able to do more research once the debug mode comes out. It may turn out to be useless, but it's pretty sick to show off. Like going under a stage.

There are two methods that Squirtle players dream of getting a kill with. The pseudo-float canceled nairs, and the drop-zone withdraw ricochet off the side of a stage.

Last edited:

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
Yeah, I was afraid that the nair hitbox wouldn't come out fast enough. We'll be able to do more research once the debug mode comes out. It may turn out to be useless, but it's pretty sick to show off. Like going under a stage.

There are two methods that Squirtle players dream of getting a kill with. The pseudo-float canceled nairs, and the drop-zone withdraw ricochet off the side of a stage.
oh yeah, that second one is better than sex. Also, reverse hit hydroplane F-smash into U-smash, *shudders*

Daftatt

NNID
Daftatt
can we just all agree in all future squirtle ditto MMs or tournament matches that one person will pick black ninja, and one person will pick white ninja. No one ever needs to say a word, it's a silent agreement. If there is color preference, the first person to select the color shall hold it; a test of speed, the true ninja way (or a test of already being at the select screen before the other person has even plugged their controller in, which if you think about it, is still a pretty ninja thing to do).

What do you guys think the best stagelist would be for the ultimate yin yang squirtle ditto to strut it out?

~Dad~

part time gay dad
can we just all agree in all future squirtle ditto MMs or tournament matches that one person will pick black ninja, and one person will pick white ninja. No one ever needs to say a word, it's a silent agreement. If there is color preference, the first person to select the color shall hold it; a test of speed, the true ninja way (or a test of already being at the select screen before the other person has even plugged their controller in, which if you think about it, is still a pretty ninja thing to do).

What do you guys think the best stagelist would be for the ultimate yin yang squirtle ditto to strut it out?
PS2 only obviously.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
If anyone tries to take my Kuro Ninja Squirtle from me, we'll have to do a couple "friendlies" outside. If I lose I'll simply forfeit out of shame.

Top Bottom