• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield Presents: "The Showdown" (June 12th-13th) Stream is Up Now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M@v

Subarashii!
I want to make both of these, but its MLG =(

I'f I play my cards right, I can make the orlando and colombus one <3

lou4222

Smash Lord
Mlg definitely screwed jus, but everyone should be happy. It is definitely tghe best thing for the game. I'm pumped for mlg brawl, its going to be amazing

M@v

Subarashii!
Good stuff M@v. Is there any other interest from Florida that you know of?
I'm actually a pa native, just in florida for an internship. But ill definate try to hype this up here. Offer it as a one two ohio punch: mlg and this

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
I'm looking forward to The Showdown... MLG is Great... But this tournament is the tournament of the Summer... No question

Mr.E

Smash Lord
MLG :embarrass? :mad:!

Oh, I'll still be here for sure, I'm just mad at the tangible number of people who will now be skipping out on here because MLG undercutting attendance the week before in roughly the same location.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I didn't know you were coming, Fromundaman.

Mario free for alls!!!!
Been missing tournaments left and right for a variety of reasons (Seriously, my only 2010 tournament so far was Pound XD ), but I think I should be able to solve my money issues by the time this rolls around, so yeah, I'll be there and up for that.

Also, whenever I see you next, $1-5 MM (Depending on how much I can spare)?

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Why can't this be something like last year?! There was Genesis then the Evo tourney the week after....

Think about it.

Play your cards right and the MLG tourney in Columbus could *help* this.
Also, I don't think this will suffer much. $2000 guaranteed for Brawl singles is still really too much money to skip out on.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
**** MLG....bottom line

i feel like MLG is gonna make this game look really really boring (As if it doesnt already get boring enough at times with timeouts and ****)

and i also feel like they are gonna have some horrible ruleset also...

but those are just predictions...for now

edit: forgot to say im still hype for this...lol the MW is defintely my favorite smash scene as far as the people in it

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why can't this be something like last year?! There was Genesis then the Evo tourney the week after....

Think about it.

Play your cards right and the MLG tourney in Columbus could *help* this.
Also, I don't think this will suffer much. $2000 guaranteed for Brawl singles is still really too much money to skip out on.
Guaranteed 120 entrants from MW:E alone.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wait... Showdown's not canceled, right?

Nope's monthly thread is starting to make it sound like it is...

:(

M@v

Subarashii!
Its not the same date as mlg, this will be fine. I just have to make sure I have enough money to make both mlg columbus and this thats all.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
THE SHOWDOWN IS THE REASON THAT I PLAY BRAWL!!!

I ALREADY KNOW THAT THIS TOURNAMENT WILL BE A SUCCESS REGARDLESS OF MLG... If anything... you'd probably attract more people. But like OS said... We can bunches of people just from the Midwest. We all know Ally and M2K are coming regardless.... they attract people. Not to mention the Melee Scene is still hungry for more. Springfield holds the best tournaments... So don't even consider canceling.. We will just have 2 epic tournaments going on... Sorta like Genesis and EVO happening...

I can't wait til "The Showdown"....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Nope should remember that MLG doesn't have pools and a bunch of fun stuff. Just money.

Radium88

Smash Lord
It's cool that MLG is adding Brawl (finally?) but if I had to choose which tournament to go to, deeefinitely this one.

So...

HYPE!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It's cool that MLG is adding Brawl (finally?) but if I had to choose which tournament to go to, deeefinitely this one.

So...

HYPE!
I completely, wholeheartedly, undeniably agree with this person/element.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
For the record, they haven't officially announced what format MLG Orlando/Columbus will be yet. It could be pools or it could be a (large) double elimination bracket (certainly would save time). MLG has used both formats previously, including doing pools and having top 2 advance into a small bracket to narrow the field down to 16 in order to match the top 16 seeds (who were allowed to skip pools because of points).

Seeding from the Wi-Fi qualification is only being used for Columbus onward. MLG's point system has previously run with the assumption that 1 seeding point from a live competition is worth more than any amount of online seeding points. So, if you didn't know, any person who places (top 48?) at Orlando would be seeded above the #1 Wi-Fi player, provided they choose to attend Columbus.

Hopefully, I can make this after Columbus, maybe I can stay with family for the week so I won't have to drive all the way back :)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
i might go to MLG orlando...but only for disney world....lol

columbus tho...meh....

anyway...more HYPE!!!!

ybm help me kirby better...and ill teach u how to hit more hammers lol

oh and check the location

MI baby...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.