• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
What do you mean?
To start with, the rounding thing means that someone who plays in more tournaments will see greater differences in their rating, even if they don't play many matches in those tournaments. Every tournament someone does poorly in will cause their rating to lower by up to 1 extra point, and every time they do well it will increase by up to 1 extra point, completely arbitrarily in the exact amount (though the numbers are small enough that it may not make a substantial difference). Also, matches during an event seem to use a lot of pre-event values: pre-event wins/losses, ratings, etc.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Dear Razorback fans,

Go Knights :)

Love,

Me
What's that saying about every dog having it's day? I believe it applies. We're down, so kick us as long as and hard as you can. Might oughta take advantage of it while you can.

Vts

Smash Champion
oct 20th there is a smash tournament in little rock that i'm not hosting, fayetteville is trying to car pull to come visit.

it's just 1 day but if you guys need to stay i'll figure out a housing for you, it is a tournament but it's for melee brawl and project m. singles and doubles though idk how big the place is but if you want to visit i'll house few people if you want to come and visit dear old annoying vts stupid ic player :p.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
oct 20th there is a smash tournament in little rock that i'm not hosting, fayetteville is trying to car pull to come visit.

it's just 1 day but if you guys need to stay i'll figure out a housing for you, it is a tournament but it's for melee brawl and project m. singles and doubles though idk how big the place is but if you want to visit i'll house few people if you want to come and visit dear old annoying vts stupid ic player :p.
Silly VTS. Missouri likes me best :)

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We love you all equally. I have no budget for anything, time or money, so I probably won't be making it. I'll consider it if we get a car going, though.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If I go, I think there needs to be Vts + Terral vs G. Vice + Zivilyn Bane in grand finals. My team is obviously undefeated, but we lose set 1. Set 2 goes to the final game.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Okay, if we're going, we need to start discussing things now. I have the 20th off as normal, since it's a Saturday. What I need to know is whether or not I need to take the 19th (Friday) or 21st (Sunday). I could even take part of a day off, but I wouldn't want to take more than one day (8 hours) total. My hours are 3PM-12AM on Friday and 12PM-8PM on Sunday. Whoever is driving, I assume Michael, needs to let me know when we plan to head out and come back.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You said you weren't going so we stayed home. Also how did MegaRob get higher than you? He's solid...but you're amazing. I'm kinda glad we didn't go. Looks like a lot of good players, I probably would have been embarrassed pretty hard.

I put my request in to get the 21st off and it got denied. I still really wanna go though so we will probably have to drive back Saturday night. Maybe I can get a shift trade.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Dude, I've got to be back on Sunday. See more in Facebook group so we can discuss this further. Kind of already planned some of it out but it can easily be worked from if we're just coming back on Saturday night.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Who is JBM? I don't think I've ever heard that tag before.

Also I should be clear to go to the tournament on the 20th, but I think I'd have to be back that night.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
JBM is a cool guy. He mostly uses Marth, but I bet he didn't vs Sinister. Kudos to him for beating Jace though, since Jace beat him last year he got some revenge.

Also G.Vice and I are winning teams in Arkansas, but we're also taking MMs so if you want to try your hand at the famous team "Zivilyn Zane" then step right up.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
JBM is a cool guy. He mostly uses Marth, but I bet he didn't vs Sinister. Kudos to him for beating Jace though, since Jace beat him last year he got some revenge.

Also G.Vice and I are winning teams in Arkansas, but we're also taking MMs so if you want to try your hand at the famous team "Zivilyn Zane" then step right up.
Zivilyn Zane too good

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I won't be able to make it to the Arkansas tournament. My job is to blame. Basically, I work for a third party vendor for a popular Internet Service Provider and apparently they are quite angry with all of the third party vendors (maybe their own vendors too, this wasn't disclosed) and have banned any and all days requested off until further notice. Unless I hear otherwise, I can't ask off for any days or hours off to make this trip work and if I just skip, I run the risk of being fired. **** that.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
One gigantic reason:

Chats are significantly better than calls and I wouldn't survive in a call center if it wasn't for me taking chats instead of being on the phone. The only positive I see about being on the phone rather than on chat is the fact that you deal with one customer at a time, while I am dealing with two unless I am on a phone call, and then I am dealing with a chat and a call. Other than that, **** phones. It's my backup if I get more experienced with them throughout the small amount of calls I do take in my current position. Otherwise, I have other suggestions in mind.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I would like to smash more, however Arkansas rarely plays anymore. I got to quench my smash hunger by wailing on VTS a little earlier, however it's just not enough. I need to wail on all you guys a little :D

SS4 Shinobi

Smash Cadet
Lawrence 9/29/12 melee vids uploaded and public

Finally about finished uploading vids, so i made what I have up now public. The only matches missing that were recorded are grand finals, megarobman vs jbm, megarobman vs sinister, and dmac vs sinister, which r being uploaded now. U should be able to see them periodically today and tonight as they finish. here's a link to my youtube page:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SS4xShinobi?feature=mhee

yup

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I miss playing non-Springfield players at the Smash Bros.

Top Bottom