• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Jace08

Smash Lord
no pics for you dmac! ><

okay so zantetsu if you're free later tonight and still can't play saturday night, I'll be getting into springfield around like 10pm or so and would be willing to play some games if you are. I've got your phone number so we can text each other

everyone else I'll see ya saturday night :)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, Jace. I plan on doing Black Friday shopping this evening, I probably won't head out until 12:30 AM or something, but I would still like to play. Text me when you can.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Playstation All Stars is pretty fun. I don't see it reaching a high competitive standard, especially with the whole "must use your super to kill opponent" feature. If that was removed or given an option to change it for a health system or something along those lines, then this game would be much better. Not having actual health is the only thing that's stopping this game from being really great.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Playstation All Stars is pretty fun. I don't see it reaching a high competitive standard, especially with the whole "must use your super to kill opponent" feature. If that was removed or given an option to change it for a health system or something along those lines, then this game would be much better. Not having actual health is the only thing that's stopping this game from being really great.
I watched a ton of videos of it on launch day, and it looked like I really need to just play it before I critique it. There are a lot of things that looked awful to me, but I need to actually feel how it works instead of just seeing.

Jace08

Smash Lord
not yet, but I look forward to tonight

so far it looks like I'll be able to play around like 7:30ish. My family can just drop me off, but I think I'd need a ride home please

Ziv is it gonna be your place? Can you text me your address?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Good games Jace! I'm sorry that I was the only one to show up, but I'm not gonna lie. 6 hours of smashing with just you was fantastic. Definitely think I've improved after tonight.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah ziv it was mad fun for me too. Definitely beats spending time in Branson ><

It is too bad that no one else came, but it's okay I know people have other things going on

why is your son so awesome lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
omw to Missouri for the weekend to visit family.

will be there until sunday maybe someone wants to smash while i visit or something :)
I haven't Smashed in ages. Sounds fun.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I didn't even see this until now. Sorry Terral, I thought this was a last minute thing from VTS so I didn't even text you since I know you usually can't do much last minute.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
Okay so
i think there is a rolla tourney hopefully happening in the future.
and I challenge the entirety of springfield to $5 money matches. Callout on your honors!
Love you guys
<3

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I remember liking this Smash Bros game that everyone is talking about.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
Where do you guys hold your smashfests if you have any? I want to play against competitive players in friendlies before any tournaments. I live in the St. Charles area and I'm 17. My friend and I use metagame techniques, but we don't get much practice because he plays Doc and I play Falco, so we want practice against others. That being said, we also don't know how we'll stand against smashers like you guys.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
You will get ***** super hard. Dont expect anything until you've played for like several months with some of the reallly good kids from st. louis. Come to the rolla tournies when you can/ when they happen. I'm gonna contact siegfried right now.

:phone:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
The Springfield scene is basically dead, and our two and a half year run of Smashfests ended when our venue decided not to let us come back last June. You're probably better off finding people in St. Louis, we aren't as good as them anyway.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
The Springfield scene is basically dead, and our two and a half year run of Smashfests ended when our venue decided not to let us come back last June. You're probably better off finding people in St. Louis, we aren't as good as them anyway.
Thanks for the help Terral, but I think I'd be better off facing people that aren't as good. However, I realized I'm almost 4 hours away from Springfield, so I probably wouldn't be able to go to your smashfests anyway.

MOJoe

Smash Cadet
The best way to get better is to play someone who is slightly better than you.
Yeah. I know that. That's why I wanted to play Springfield smashers before St. Louis smashers since Terral (I think) said Springfield wasn't as good. My tech skill is good, I just need live play.

Top Bottom