• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Roux

Smash Journeyman
If you guys came all the way up to STL for a tourney, what would you expect out of the tourney in order to justify the trip/expense?

I'm just trying to get a gauge of about how many people would show (and from how far) if STL holds a small or medium sized tourney, vs a big one like that Hot ****ings one by the airport in 2010 or something.

Massive

Smash Champion
If you guys came all the way up to STL for a tourney, what would you expect out of the tourney in order to justify the trip/expense?

I'm just trying to get a gauge of about how many people would show (and from how far) if STL holds a small or medium sized tourney, vs a big one like that Hot ****ings one by the airport in 2010 or something.
If you held another hot ****in's with plenty of notice, I'm pretty sure KC would show up.

ALSO:
Who is that kirby in your channel main video Shinobi? He looks... familiar.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Shinobi, I was impressed with you in the teams matches I saw of you and Sinister. Good stuff. Would like to play you some time.

Roux

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ziv, just wondering if this is the same tournament organizer software that you would use/recommend: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163236 That thread was 2008, so I don't know if that's what people are still using as standard.

I decided that before I start inviting people to tourneys from hours away, I'll hold a couple small ones just for STL folks so I can make sure I know what I'm doing :p Once I finally do hold one, I'll have to figure out that whole SSPBD upload thing. thanks

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Shinobi also has awesome hair? Awesome.
SO what you're trying to say is...................

Awesome hair is awesome.

Hey Ziv, just wondering if this is the same tournament organizer software that you would use/recommend: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163236 That thread was 2008, so I don't know if that's what people are still using as standard.

I decided that before I start inviting people to tourneys from hours away, I'll hold a couple small ones just for STL folks so I can make sure I know what I'm doing :p Once I finally do hold one, I'll have to figure out that whole SSPBD upload thing. thanks
Yes sir. TIO is a good software program to use. It's not perfect, but I wouldn't recommend anything else.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hope to see you guys at the rolla monthly! it sounds like CoMo is going, as well as ST Louis.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
From what I can tell, Springfield is planning on sending some people.

Jace08

Smash Lord
hey dudes!

so my family and I are visiting my sister who lives in springfield for Thanksgiving. I'll be in town until Sunday and would love to hang with you guys again

Unfortunately the only night I think I'll have free is saturday night (dunno for sure yet though), otherwise I'll have to be with family. Are you guys free then?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
hey dudes!

so my family and I are visiting my sister who lives in springfield for Thanksgiving. I'll be in town until Sunday and would love to hang with you guys again

Unfortunately the only night I think I'll have free is saturday night (dunno for sure yet though), otherwise I'll have to be with family. Are you guys free then?
This sucks, my thanksgiving plans happen to fall on Saturday this year. Jace, if you are available at anytime other than Saturday, let me know. I'm off work today and Thursday, and I work 2-11 on Wednesday and 3-12 on Friday. If you're available anytime during my free time, let me know. Even late nights after work works for me. I can also pick you up if you need a ride. Let me know!

Jace08

Smash Lord
well our thanksgiving stuff might finish relatively early thursday night, so i may be able to play some games then in addition to saturday night. I'll let you know

edit: I guess my family's celebrating thanksgiving friday with relatives, so I should be free most of thursday

Top Bottom