• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Vts

Smash Champion
good news i'm off the 10th for smym strong bad, bad news is i get off friday at 10pm ><, so i'd get to your guys place around 2 am :(, what time is the tournament starting on saturday cus it's another like 4-5 hour drive.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
If anybody that checks this topic hasn't seen it yet, please check out the Smash Brothers Player Database. It's in my sig. It's going to be awesome! I'm a moderator over there now and will be assisting with the elo formula's, approving tournaments to be uploaded, site feedback, merging player accounts, and other such things. It's a great website so go check it out. It just got up and running so I can't wait to see what it will be like in a year.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
If anybody that checks this topic hasn't seen it yet, please check out the Smash Brothers Player Database. It's in my sig. It's going to be awesome! I'm a moderator over there now and will be assisting with the elo formula's, approving tournaments to be uploaded, site feedback, merging player accounts, and other such things. It's a great website so go check it out. It just got up and running so I can't wait to see what it will be like in a year.
The rankings right now are hilarious :laugh:

Damn -438, I really suck :(

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Is there any news about next month's Rolla tournament? Is there even going to be one?

And for Pathways, are there any days that don't work for anyone? Since the 17th is a bit soon now, I'm currently thinking of the 24th or possibly even the 31st.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
good news i'm off the 10th for smym strong bad, bad news is i get off friday at 10pm ><, so i'd get to your guys place around 2 am :(, what time is the tournament starting on saturday cus it's another like 4-5 hour drive.
Starts at 11. Could easily take a nap then drive, and Brandon/Karl would be able to drive for part of it if you want.

Attention Springfield Smashers

I wish to visit Springfield this weekend for SMYM practice. I require housing on Friday and Saturday, and hopefully at least 1 smashfest with most of you, if possible. I also wish to become exceedingly drunk with you guys at least once before I leave Rolla after SMYM. Wretched/Terry/Ziv/Zantetsu all have my number. Please text me, or post here sometime today if this can be done. I won't sandbag if a smashfest occurs.

Rolla tournament is 31st if at all. it's on Karl now.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's actually like the worst weekend for me. This is the weekend where I transition from working nights for the last four years to working days. I'm used to staying up until 4am and now will be going to bed by 10 so I can wake up at 5am and get to work at 6am. My first day of the new schedule is this Sunday.

I may be able to smash for a small amount of time on Saturday but can't play at my house. Sorry dude :(

:phone:

I'm pretty honored though that you would chose to practice with us though when we're further away and scrubbier than like Columbia.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Assuming I get housing, I require at least 2 of the following at a smashfest in order to go:

Zivilyn Bane
Zantetsu
Terry
Alcohol

The only reason I'm considering this is the ride would be free. I am so mad though that Big E decided to go to Springfield on the weekend of the Rolla tourney, then again 2 weeks later. Eurgh.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
**** you now I don't want to house you because you didn't list me.
Anyways if you want to stay here friday and smash that is good. If I were you, I'd only do it if Roman and Terrence both guaranteed that they would both attend. It'd be ballin if Roman brought Sam too.
No alcohol if we stay here though. My grandfather is here.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm about 90% sure I can attend this Friday, depending on the time. I'm available around 4-8/9.

I would love to drink as well, but that would have to be on Saturday and I have no place to house us, so since Michael's and Wretched's places are out of the question, it seems Terrence is the only one left.

Terrence, how would your roommates feel about having me, Strong_Bad, and Wretched over on Saturday night? I wouldn't have to stay over night if that helps anything, I can have a friend pick me up near the end of the night.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I might drop by for a short time, too, but not very long. Probably not even two hours.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Terrence, when can you get off? Roman, can you bring Sam?
I got the goahead from my Grandpa and he says we can have the living room. I can hook up 2 setups in here, but we'd need a smash disc.
You can curse and stuff and not have to sweat it, but don't talk about alcohol or anything.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Assuming I get housing, I require at least 2 of the following at a smashfest in order to go:

Zivilyn Bane
Zantetsu
Terry
Alcohol

The only reason I'm considering this is the ride would be free. I am so mad though that Big E decided to go to Springfield on the weekend of the Rolla tourney, then again 2 weeks later. Eurgh.
**** you you ****

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lol I'm so sad. The Elo's in the SSBPD are much more accurate now, and the number one LOWEST player in the entire list of over 1,000 players right now is....

ROBBIE.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Man, I'm nerdgasming over this project. If the major tourneys of the past don't resurface, I'll make recreating the TIO files a project of mine. A lot of that info (including pools) is handily located on AIB.

Too bad there isn't some sort of extraction feature straight to TIO...

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Man, I'm nerdgasming over this project. If the major tourneys of the past don't resurface, I'll make recreating the TIO files a project of mine. A lot of that info (including pools) is handily located on AIB.

Too bad there isn't some sort of extraction feature straight to TIO...
AGREED. I recreated OC2 by hand and it took literally about 3 hours. It's QUITE a lot of work. If you actually want to help do that, it would be amazing. I'm personally going to do OC3. I am going to wait to hear from some more TOs though before doing anything like ROM, Pound, or Genesis since there's a chance .tio files exist for most of those. Older tournament series like TG, GS, FC, MLG, ect would likely have to be recreated if possible. If you're going to recreate any though, send me a PM or post here which one's you're going to do so I make sure I don't do them lol.

I'm actually working on it right now merging player files. Have you checked it lately? The Elo ratings are a LOT more accurate right now than they have been. It currently looks like the formula is correct, just needs more data.

Terry

Smash Ace
Hey bitches. You people are welcome to come to my place and chill on Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll drink too much but you're all welcome to. Also, anyone is welcome to come over. You may sleep here but there may not be much place to sleep but the floor. I have a few extra blankets and pillows. Do not masturbate on them.

If you are loud I don't really care. Me and my roommates have been extremely loud at 3-5am in the morning and we never get complaints. Though, one time, my roommate was vacuuming at 11am and we got a fucking complaint. Stupid neighbors.

Strong Bad and Wretch will be at Wretcheds on Friday because I work most of the day. Roman, are you coming and can you give Strong Bad and Wretch a ride over? Bring a setup if you're coming.

Saturday I will need to purchase some drink. Give me money or bring something. I might cook something, maybe on the grill. If I don't feel like it, we'll likely order out.

I'm guessing we have guaranteed 4 people. I think I recall Terral and Michael saying they may stop by for a short period. So 2 setups will be nice. I have everything for another setup with no melee IF my roommate lets me use his tv. So 1 copy of melee will give us a 2nd setup. 3rd setup would be great(Roman) and we might need it if you guys are bringing anyone. Which is fine with me. It would actually be pretty cool to see the smashers that don't play that often like Drew and Sam.

Did I miss anything?

EDIT: I will probably head to Wretch's house on Friday night. May be a little late though. Also, I requested my name be changed to Terry since I can't think of something cool. ;/

Terry

Smash Ace
I've been having Thursdays off recently, Michael. I don't request them off though, so some weeks I may have to work.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
AGREED. I recreated OC2 by hand and it took literally about 3 hours. It's QUITE a lot of work. If you actually want to help do that, it would be amazing. I'm personally going to do OC3. I am going to wait to hear from some more TOs though before doing anything like ROM, Pound, or Genesis since there's a chance .tio files exist for most of those. Older tournament series like TG, GS, FC, MLG, ect would likely have to be recreated if possible. If you're going to recreate any though, send me a PM or post here which one's you're going to do so I make sure I don't do them lol.

I'm actually working on it right now merging player files. Have you checked it lately? The Elo ratings are a LOT more accurate right now than they have been. It currently looks like the formula is correct, just needs more data.
Yeah, it's looking good.

I am having exceptional difficulty finding results for any of the FCs. The old threads were purged from Smashboards, and FCD doesn't seem to have anything at all.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Why does all the good stuff happen on bad weekends for me :(
We made plans to drink'n'smash last March after the first Columbia tournament. It sucks you can't participate for the first time we do it, but I'm sure it will happen in the future, especially in the summer when I actually LIVE in Springfield and can actually play more
, as well as get better than all your scrubby ***** because I keep up with you all by only playing at tournaments. Real talk. *****'s.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Actually I feel like I can get pretty good.
As in **** you.
I am going to **** you soon.
Also I'm going to SMYM! I got Arby's spot.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ggs guys
enjoy that dollar you won against my pichu michael

<3 Springfield, I'll visit again sometime maybe in the summer.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
ggs guys
enjoy that dollar you won against my pichu michael

<3 Springfield, I'll visit again sometime maybe in the summer.
I gave you a chance to win it back with your Sheik vs my Marth but you declined. Maybe my Peach scared your Sheik off?? lol

It was fun playing you. Wish I could've played on Saturday too.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Me too. Roman have you been checking out the SSBPD? Here are our current crews Elo ratings:
Zivilyn Bane - 1316
Zantetsu - 1306
Terry - 1244
Wretched - 1199
Yes! - 1173
Terral - 1132
DrewBear - 1128
Kami - 1104
EFG - 1097
-Tempest- - 1007
Ugvts - 991

They look pretty accurate to me, with maybe Terrence and Nathan probably should be rated higher.

Top Bottom