• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
we also won't be coming to the next pathways (99% sure). the way mist turned out really makes me not want to go to another tournament for a while
I'm not going, but that's because Terral placed the tournament on my girlfriend's birthday. You should still go though, accept all the practice you can get. You shouldn't not go just because you had a bad day at MIST. I did too, as a matter of fact. I couldn't stick with one character and it made me not get out of pools, which I KNOW I could have done if I was on my A game.

But yeah, go.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
I'm not going, but that's because Terral placed the tournament on my girlfriend's birthday. You should still go though, accept all the practice you can get. You shouldn't not go just because you had a bad day at MIST. I did too, as a matter of fact. I couldn't stick with one character and it made me not get out of pools, which I KNOW I could have done if I was on my A game.

But yeah, go.
i mean not to be hostile or anything but it's easy for you to say we should go, you're not the one who will end up driving 7 hours.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
i mean not to be hostile or anything but it's easy for you to say we should go, you're not the one who will end up driving 7 hours.
That is very true, but you said "the way mist turned out really makes me not want to go to another tournament for a while". It seems like the drive isn't the reason you're not going, but rather because of your performance at MIST.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
well let me say it like this. if we didn't have to drive far, we would def go. but because of how i played at mist, i don't want to drive all the way there just to poop on my self again.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It's probably playing too many scrubs that's hurting you anyways lol. I was hoping to see you at MIST playing more games with good players. But yeah, as much as I'd like to see you there, beating me isn't making you better because of the large skill gap.

Any chance for Akuma, Bert, or Kellen to show up still? I need a doubles partner since Roman won't be there.

:phone:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'll be down to do teams at September Pathways :D

Would you guys want me to list my characters for Melee/Brawl?

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
It's probably playing too many scrubs that's hurting you anyways lol. I was hoping to see you at MIST playing more games with good players. But yeah, as much as I'd like to see you there, beating me isn't making you better because of the large skill gap.

Any chance for Akuma, Bert, or Kellen to show up still? I need a doubles partner since Roman won't be there.

i wasn't playing friendlies with many good people cuz i was playing like ****. and i'm barely better what'sthis large skill gap bull? and prob no one is coming. bert doesn't live here so i don't know.

@dart i live in columbia (mo).

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Chris, I normally team with Zantetsu so the only reason I need a teammate for August is because he won't be there. But it's all good because I got one. Drew and I will be teaming as long as he shows up. Why aren't you going in August anyways, won't you be in town by then?

Sinister, you're a lot better than me. That's why I'm 0-8? vs you in tournies lol. "Barely" is like me and Akuma or me and Roman. I'm 3-1 vs Akuma in tourney, for example. That's barely better. You're need to give yourself more credit. When you're on, you're pretty damn good at this game and the people you play with regularly (Springfield, CoMo) don't stand a chance of beating any of your 10 best characters.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Sinister, you're a lot better than me. That's why I'm 0-8? vs you in tournies lol. "Barely" is like me and Akuma or me and Roman. I'm 3-1 vs Akuma in tourney, for example. That's barely better. You're need to give yourself more credit. When you're on, you're pretty damn good at this game and the people you play with regularly (Springfield, CoMo) don't stand a chance of beating any of your 10 best characters.
ppreciate the supportive comments. lol i kind of need it after mist cuz all i've been thinking since then is "man i suck":(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sinister / bert / roman

where do I get good splitters for recording? i'm getting a laptop soonish and I'll be able to record directly rather than via a VCR so it'd be nice for people to give me some suggestions on brands or types of splitters. new to recording so yeah. thanks

Dart!

Smash Master
i wasn't playing friendlies with many good people cuz i was playing like ****. and i'm barely better what'sthis large skill gap bull? and prob no one is coming. bert doesn't live here so i don't know.

@dart i live in columbia (mo).
i think you're taking a bad tourney with a broken controller wayyyy too hard. i get this way a lot as well. BTW i have family that lives about 45 minutes from columbia, i usually visit them frequently throughout the year. we should play some more when possible.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
ppreciate the supportive comments. lol i kind of need it after mist cuz all i've been thinking since then is "man i suck":(
Thinking you suck is a terrible mindset. I don't want to make anyone else feel bad when I say this, but out of Springfield and Columbia, you have the greater chances of going big in this game compared to the rest of us. That's not bad for us though, that means we get some legit Shiek practice.

Don't back out after you've gone so far. You're too good at this game and not playing at events is just going to make things worse. Maximize that potential and take every chance to partake in any events that you can. You'll do better at the next national tournament, everyone has their bad days.

sinister / bert / roman

where do I get good splitters for recording? i'm getting a laptop soonish and I'll be able to record directly rather than via a VCR so it'd be nice for people to give me some suggestions on brands or types of splitters. new to recording so yeah. thanks
I don't have splitters but I know you can get them at RadioShack.

Massive

Smash Champion
where do I get good splitters for recording?
It's pretty easy to make your own.
I know you own a soldering iron.

Buy some cables, and splice them off existing gamecube cables (preferably inline).
Gamecube RCA jacks can be found at gamestop for about 2 bucks or a thrift store for 50 cents.
Your video quality will be better than a traditional splitter because you won't be exposing the signal to extra contact joints.

-Sinister- said:
Almost everyone hits a point where they don't want to play anymore.

Take some time off, you will come back with a fresh perspective on stuff and very likely surpass whatever plateau you're stuck on. It has worked for me many times.

Alternatively, it's always fun to try other fighting games. You can learn all kinds of weird stuff playing them that will transfer over to melee in unexpected, usually awesome ways.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
That is very true, but you said "the way mist turned out really makes me not want to go to another tournament for a while". It seems like the drive isn't the reason you're not going, but rather because of your performance at MIST.
Not trying to get between anything or take sides but, on the way back to Columbia the whole CoMo crew had decided we wanted to take a little bit of time to recollect and make sure we were ready for the next tournament. MIST is over and done with, it isn't really a factor on any decisions at this point.

well let me say it like this. if we didn't have to drive far, we would def go. but because of how i played at mist, i don't want to drive all the way there just to poop on my self again.
What is this you driving business? I'm the one that always drives... >.> lol.

I mentioned this earlier, but I don't think I'll be coming down to the August pathways... Not that I hate you guys, because I love you all.. But I'll have school business to attend to, getting my stuff together... So I don't think I'll have a bit of free time around then. BUT I will be working hard to make Columbian Smashfests a reality at that point... So maybe by September or October I'll have them up and running.

Don't blame us scrubs. :p .... and if skill gaps hindered improvement, then Sam wouldn't of been getting any better as is for awhile now.. Since I'm the only one he plays with regularly.

You better train your VS Falco Ziv, I'll be coming for you next time we play. I'll have played him for a lot longer than two weeks next time too. I got 1 game off of you already, I plan to take you out completely next time! :D

i think you're taking a bad tourney with a broken controller wayyyy too hard. i get this way a lot as well. BTW i have family that lives about 45 minutes from columbia, i usually visit them frequently throughout the year. we should play some more when possible.
Dude. Come play with us. The more smashers the better. For realz. :D

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
sinister / bert / roman

splitters tend to lag in my experience. but that was only one set of splitters.

and dart anytime you are visiting dat fam and want to play. LET ME KNOW. :)

Terry

Smash Ace
Great tourney, guys. First one I've been to that was this big. It was pretty fun. I got a little drained for a bit but I sat down and watched Tink, Kels, Kage, Dart, etc, play on the big screen and it was so HYPE. Had a great time just watching. Looking forward to BTEH2. Also looking forward to meeting Wretched. And Strong Bad being around some time. XD I'll keep working on getting better. My scrubbiness probably makes you play worse Ziv. ;=;

And Sinister, maybe you just need to keep going to bigger tourneys? I know a lot of people have trouble playing their best when they're in that environment and the best way to rid those troubles is to keep going to those packed tourneys. Pathways probably isn't going to help much since it's usually just our 2 crews and we're really chill and laid back there. Anyways, I need some tips and friendlies from you next time.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
Great tourney, guys. First one I've been to that was this big. It was pretty fun. I got a little drained for a bit but I sat down and watched Tink, Kels, Kage, Dart, etc, play on the big screen and it was so HYPE. Had a great time just watching. Looking forward to BTEH2. Also looking forward to meeting Wretched. And Strong Bad being around some time. XD I'll keep working on getting better. My scrubbiness probably makes you play worse Ziv. ;=;

And Sinister, maybe you just need to keep going to bigger tourneys? I know a lot of people have trouble playing their best when they're in that environment and the best way to rid those troubles is to keep going to those packed tourneys. Pathways probably isn't going to help much since it's usually just our 2 crews and we're really chill and laid back there. Anyways, I need some tips and friendlies from you next time.
well next time we're there, GET AT ME N1G

>Bert<

Smash Ace
@Strong Bad - if you don't want to go Massive's way and make your own, don't buy into the hype and buy splitters from EITHER Amazon or WalMart. The Amazon ones give a HORRIBLE picture and the WalMart ones have a very small amount of lag. The ones at RadioShack (gold plated) are IMO so much better. They're easily worth the money.

Dart!

Smash Master
SO glad to hear i'll have people to smash with when i'm at my home away from home. if you check google, i'm about 45 mins away? in sweet springs. right down whatever that interstate is (70? or 45)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
SO glad to hear i'll have people to smash with when i'm at my home away from home. if you check google, i'm about 45 mins away? in sweet springs. right down whatever that interstate is (70? or 45)
According to mapquest, it's like 2 hours =/

But you'd be pretty damn close to Kansas City.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If you're ever in Sweet Springs around the 3rd week of the month, that's around the time of our monthlies. You could probably travel to Columbia to meet with them and then just ride with them down to Springfield.

But yeah, Ziv is right, you're 2 hours away. You're so much closer to Kansas City and Columbia.

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Sweet springs is like 45 mins to an hour straight down i70 from us. Easy peasy.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
well dart was talking to me. and he's posting it in here. and i thought we wuz bros and could just talk here. apparently not.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Rofl you can Sam but Dart posted in here without directly stating he was speaking to CoMo so that's why I assumed he was talking to us. If I posted in the Chicago topic "You guys are only three hours away" I would expect them to assume I was talking to them and correct me lol.

Also Roman, how come you can post on smashboards but not answer my phone calls?? We need to get BTEH2 figured out now before we lose our chance.

Dart!

Smash Master
CoMo has it's own topic? where is it? my bad springfield people. i definitely will keep you all in mind when i'm in MO <3
also sinister, get that mentality back up and find a good controller so we can team at a big MW tourney and ****. real talk.

Top Bottom