• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yo, pathways was fun, but could you guys make sure I don't have to face my roommate in first round bracket next time? That wasn't fun or cool.
Sorry about that. We did our best to avoid things like that but remember, Arkansas made up 28% of the tournament and none of us knew he was your roommate. Trust me though, I definitely wish either him or you were moved to a different spot cause he ended up beating me in losers lol.

And to everybody else out there, if something like this happens please speak up as soon as brackets are up. Things like that are simple and easy to avoid but you can't expect the busy TO's to know every little detail. Glad you had fun though. Next time we should play more. Tell Arby the same, I need more matches with him! ^_^

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
and bert, akuma, and insert were in the same pool lol. though they should've said something. so i blame everyone....except me.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
and bert, akuma, and insert were in the same pool lol. though they should've said something. so i blame everyone....except me.
That one is definitely my fault. I helped dmac arrange people in to pools and tried to keep people from the same crew from being in the same one. I totally blew that. The only thing to say in my defense is that I honestly didn't know that InsertTag=Kellen until after the tournament lol. But either way, even Bert and Akuma shouldn't have been in the same pool. So unless somebody changed it after dmac and I went through them, it's my fault completely and I apologize. If you guys come back next month I'll buy you a pizza.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey guys, wanted to let everybody konw that a smasher by the name of Big E is in town and basically will be on most weekends from now on. He's from the KC area and played a lot with Strong Bad...there's some really old youtube vids up of him but I'm sure he's a lot better now even though he looked pretty decent for '09 then. Anyways, he won't be smashing with us this weekend because he'll have to finish his move...but we'll be smashing with him a lot more after that. He mains Falco/Peach.

EDIT: Can somebody else post in here. I have the last 4/5 posts lol you scrubs.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Excuse me sir, but I was taking a nap.

Anyway, you never told me he was moving here. That's great news. Is he moving directly to Springfield or somewhere around it? Also, does he plan on playing as often as us or is he going to pull a Terral? :p

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Excuse me sir, but I was taking a nap.

Anyway, you never told me he was moving here. That's great news. Is he moving directly to Springfield or somewhere around it? Also, does he plan on playing as often as us or is he going to pull a Terral? :p
Ok so here's the low down. His family is moving directly to Springfield. In August he is moving to Rolla to go to the same school as Strong Bizzle. His girlfriend lives in Springfield so he says he'll most likely be in town nearly every weekend. So yeah...not sure how much time he'll have to smash but with my power of persuasion I'm sure we can get him 2-3 times a month. Considering we all only play once a week, that's plenty :) Also I think him and Strong Bizzle will most likely be coming to every monthly once they're in Rolla.

EDIT: Naps are for pansys :joyful:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Hey, Zantetsu, who do you play as in 64.
Idk, I just recently picked it up heavily again so I've been experimenting with everyone. That's the joy of the game, every single character is fun in SSB64.

But if I were to be serious, it'd have to be Fox, Falcon, or Mario. I'll also play Pikachu if my opponent plays Pikachu because I ****ing hate fighting Pikachu. He's fun though :chuckle:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Sure thing dude. If you need any kind of help setting up online play, I'd be glad to help. It's rare for anyone to take interest in 64 when it's such a great game. I'd be fun to teach someone the ways of ssb64 >:D

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Double post, AHOY!

We had a smashfest today, sucks for all those who couldn't make it. It was only me, Michael, and Terrance but it was a fun afternoon overall. Terrance is constantly improving at a fast rate and Michael seemed to have learned a few things himself since the last time I played him.

For those who don't know, I've got a recording set up that works quite nicely. I've created a new YouTube account (417Smash) that will host our Melee community's videos. We recorded about 3 sets between me, Michael, and Terrance, and I'm currently in the process of uploading all the matches, so keep a look out on that channel for updates.

Also, I updated the OP with a YouTube section. I'm looking to reorganize the OP to look fancier or something because in all honesty, I think it looks cluttered.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Good **** Roman. The youtube idea was a good one. I'll probably upload some matches to it as well over the next couple of days.

The smashfest today was fun. Terrence and I played until about 10pm. He was playing incredibly good at the end of the night, even winning 3/4 matches at one point all against my Marth. He was able to beat my Peach and Jiggs in sets too.

We have a lot of cool things to look forward to in the next month or two. Lots of tournies, smashfests, and even some new players! Big E will be playing with us soon and also Yes! should be moving to Boliver next month. Tipdawg will be in town on 8/14 as well so we'll do a special smashfest that day (it's a monday) and I know some of you will be in school but it'd be cool to get some ppl together. I'd like to do a doubles tournament if possible and I'll team with Tipdawg for that just for old times sake.

Dart!

Smash Master
Hey i'm going to be in missouri in a few weeks (after genesis before...maybe after mist)i was wondering when (besides MIST) you guys were going to have some kind of big smashfest or turnout. i'd like to come play/meet you guys before mist that way i can be hella friendly when i show up to **** in august ;)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Dude we have our monthly every third Saturday but if you can come to town I'll make something happen for ya. Just give me a better idea of when.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
We're pretty good at arranging times to meet with people. If you give us a good date ahead of time, you can expect a larger turn out.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that. We did our best to avoid things like that but remember, Arkansas made up 28% of the tournament and none of us knew he was your roommate. Trust me though, I definitely wish either him or you were moved to a different spot cause he ended up beating me in losers lol.

And to everybody else out there, if something like this happens please speak up as soon as brackets are up. Things like that are simple and easy to avoid but you can't expect the busy TO's to know every little detail. Glad you had fun though. Next time we should play more. Tell Arby the same, I need more matches with him! ^_^
Just saw this. VTS told dmac, but dmac said it couldn't be helped.

eeeeh

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Every third saturday...hmm. i'll see if i can make that in before MISTor after Genesis 2
Good luck. The next third Saturday is the same day as Genesis and the next one is after MIST. I'm interested in how you're going to make this work..:glare:

You could just come now :awesome:

Dart!

Smash Master
Good luck. The next third Saturday is the same day as Genesis and the next one is after MIST. I'm interested in how you're going to make this work..:glare:

You could just come now :awesome:
then i'll come after mist. don't get your pants in a jumble :oneeye:

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Also, I updated the OP with a YouTube section. I'm looking to reorganize the OP to look fancier or something because in all honesty, I think it looks cluttered.
Wtf?!?!?!?! Where's my YouTube account in that section?!?!?!?!

RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE arrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Wtf?!?!?!?! Where's my YouTube account in that section?!?!?!?!

RAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE arrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh
Sinister uploads everything you guys ever record, I didn't know you even had one xD

I'll be glad to add it to the list if you let me know what it is, though :)

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Lol Zant I ain't mad. Just giving ya ****. But I'm on my tablet right now so I can't copy and paste just type LinkMOBert1 into the YouTube searchbar.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
bumpty dumpty
Speaking of which....are you going to be able to upload more vids from the last pathways? Or will it just be the you vs SBad set?

I was wanting to watch my matches vs G. Vice and Atma, as well as any others recorded (I think vs Sam should be on there) and doubles.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I agree, I think I have matches with G. Vice, Dmac, Akuma, and a few others. If you don't want to upload them, could you bring them on a floppy disk flash drive so I can copy them over to my computer?

Also, Michael, my mom's letting me use her laptop for the time being. Not sure if I can take it out of the house but I might be able to push her into letting me. It may just be tournaments though, not for sure. I'll get back to you on that.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
yeah i can upload those. i just put the sb set up cuz he really wanted it up. did you guys have tags on the whole time?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
yeah i can upload those. i just put the sb set up cuz he really wanted it up. did you guys have tags on the whole time?
Maybe? If so, they're either "RMN:)" ":)" or "Zant". ( :) = that Japanese smiley face)

I remember my matches with Akuma were fox dittos followed by samus dittos and that was it. For dmac, it was red fox vs green fox, then green samus vs green fox. For G Vice, Red fox vs ganon first and then green samus vs G Vice 2nd. Hope that information helps.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I know at one point right after Roman had played a set, I played a bunch of friendlies against you Sinister while using his tag (and I was fox for a bunch of 'em). But for my tournament matches, I'm always red Marth and I think I used a tag vs Atma, G. Vice, and Sam.

Top Bottom