• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Fox is so much better than Pikachu. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but then I remember I play for fun.

:phone:

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Couldn't find the July Pathways topic in my subscriptions, and I'm sure as hell NOT going to try and look for it with all of these errors on Smashboards, SO, the post will go here:

I'm going to have to leave the Pathways tournament a bit early this week. Around 6:30. I've got a concert that I already bought tickets for, not knowing that Pathways was this weekend (Damn you July with your 5 weekends)

SO, is there any way we can at least get singles out of the way while I'm there? I plan on being there from whenever we're starting until 6:30, so that should be enough time for melee singles, right? If not, I'm going to be playing a lot of friendlies.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Couldn't find the July Pathways topic in my subscriptions, and I'm sure as hell NOT going to try and look for it with all of these errors on Smashboards, SO, the post will go here:

I'm going to have to leave the Pathways tournament a bit early this week. Around 6:30. I've got a concert that I already bought tickets for, not knowing that Pathways was this weekend (Damn you July with your 5 weekends)

SO, is there any way we can at least get singles out of the way while I'm there? I plan on being there from whenever we're starting until 6:30, so that should be enough time for melee singles, right? If not, I'm going to be playing a lot of friendlies.
Darn that sucks. Well if you're gonna miss doubles then I need a partner. As far as melee singles go: Terral, Linkz, and I will now be implementing a better system to run tournament where Terral is the head TO, Linkz will coordinate Brawl, and I will coordinate Melee, so they should be much more effeciently ran from now on. So yeah, we will most certainly get Melee Singles done before you leave.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Darn that sucks. Well if you're gonna miss doubles then I need a partner. As far as melee singles go: Terral, Linkz, and I will now be implementing a better system to run tournament where Terral is the head TO, Linkz will coordinate Brawl, and I will coordinate Melee, so they should be much more effeciently ran from now on. So yeah, we will most certainly get Melee Singles done before you leave.
Drew is interested in going to the concert, but I don't think he'll have the money. If he doesn't, he'll probably be up for teaming with you if you'd like. We've been playing teams here in Seymour so he's sorta warmed up.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Drew is interested in going to the concert, but I don't think he'll have the money. If he doesn't, he'll probably be up for teaming with you if you'd like. We've been playing teams here in Seymour so he's sorta warmed up.
Well, I asked Sinister and he said he'd rather not do doubles at all than team with me =/. In all honesty though, we might be able to just do a free doubles tourney and singles before you have to leave. Nobody ever answered my question though as to what time we're starting this month.

How about everybody just tell me what time they're planning on showing up?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Yea I plan to ride with Akuma and Sinister again so we'll be there as soon as we possibly can. Probably 1 o'clock like all the other times.

As a side note: since Genesis will be having a livestream, is there any chance we could get a "watchfest" going too? If someone has a projector we could hook the laptop up to it and watch Genesis on that. Just a thought. Let me know.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yea I plan to ride with Akuma and Sinister again so we'll be there as soon as we possibly can. Probably 1 o'clock like all the other times.

As a side note: since Genesis will be having a livestream, is there any chance we could get a "watchfest" going too? If someone has a projector we could hook the laptop up to it and watch Genesis on that. Just a thought. Let me know.
There's no wireless at the church though =/

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Not in the basement there isn't, and the gym is going to be in use.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace
8 hour drive? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

TL;DR - no

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Roman what about bringing some cords to hook your phone up to a tv to display the video/audio and stream it from your phone?
I don't have any of those cords that will let me hook my iPhone up to a TV. Even if I did, I don't get good enough service for it to be watchable. Plus, Sinister makes a good point about brackets not being until Sunday anyway. We should just play.

8 hour drive? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

TL;DR - no
Drive to Springfield then drive with us. Simple solution. YOU CAN DO IT!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
We need to find out if Jake can drive us to both the Oklahoma tourney and also BTEH2. If not then we need to find a different driver. Terral??

Zantetsu

Smash Master
My mom is letting me use her laptop SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, yes, I'll have a melee set up + recording. GET HYPED. AGAIN!

Edit: I've already gone and packed my N64 setup up so I'm expecting a 64 tournament tomorrow. BRING YOUR A GAME :D

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
My mom is letting me use her laptop SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, yes, I'll have a melee set up + recording. GET HYPED. AGAIN!

Edit: I've already gone and packed my N64 setup up so I'm expecting a 64 tournament tomorrow. BRING YOUR A GAME :D
I'll bring my B+ game so hopefully that's good enough. Also I'll bring my controller.

-Sinister-

Smash Ace

i'll bring isai to play for me.

edit: hey ziv, here's the vids. i accidentally uploaded them on the wrong channel so here's the direct links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7-8GMZgo0E&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFKAxrnrz-k

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
He's been playing that, and I think he's also trying to get SSBM to work over Internets. Did you two duke it out?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
EDIT: Also Bert, it was not a fluke so stfu lol. You beat Kellen who beat Akuma. Therefore you get 3rd. Why is that a fluke? You played like the 3rd best player at the tournament and got 3rd...sounds pretty legit to me. Be proud of your accomplishment and don't let you talk yourself out of your success. Next month I want to see you get 2nd. But guess what? Even if you don't, or you get 4th or 5th, that still doesn't change the fact that THIS MONTH you got 3rd. Good ****.
Thank you Ziv. For real. I decided to post this in here rather than reviving that old a$$ thread :bee:

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
No, he logged on as I was finishing up some matches. Unless he's got a boss computer, SSBM is going to be some trouble.
He has the game running fine, just not connected to the Internet as of last time I checked.

Vts

Smash Champion
So plan is grab myztec and ihsb +kage drive there friday night

leave saturday night or sunday morning like 8-9 am (his flight is at 5:30 so need to leave before 10 am)

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
So plan is grab myztec and ihsb +kage drive there friday night

leave saturday night or sunday morning like 8-9 am (his flight is at 5:30 so need to leave before 10 am)
Sounds good. Where are you staying friday and saturday nights? Also can I get a list of the people that are coming with you? It's not just Kage, Myztek, and IHSB is it??

Vts

Smash Champion
Sounds good. Where are you staying friday and saturday nights? Also can I get a list of the people that are coming with you? It's not just Kage, Myztek, and IHSB is it??
arby g.vice, and the twins (raven knight and march hare)+ yoshiman i think but idk if he is going to quakecon

are taking different car

Saberguy is going to quakecon

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
arby g.vice, and the twins (raven knight and march hare)+ yoshiman i think but idk if he is going to quakecon

are taking different car

Saberguy is going to quakecon
Saberguy is not my friend anymore then. What about Seif? or Chamberlain?? I still haven't met him =/

Top Bottom