• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Man, my schedule is getting in the way of everything. I have no time to do anything for myself.

Honestly, I hope that the infinite gets fixed safely without hurting any of Mewtwo's options. The bandwagoners are probably looking to find the next Meta Knight combo, and Mewtwo shouldn't be the one to do that. It's hard to think of playing a character that has the tools to literally insta-KO with enough skill put in. (lookin' at you too, Bayo)

I'm going to wait it out main-wise until this whole balance patch bonanza gets sorted out. I can't get too greedy with the :4zelda: buffs, but it needs to happen before I can play her with complete confidence. For now, it's gonna be :4villager: and :4tlink: (two of my better pockets) until there is a definite on what's changing and what's not.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
SB Get-up
How does Special to D-pad up make it easier to do SB getup? If you have jump on L it should already be very easy to do, or am i missing something? Sounds interesting!

My setup is only Y to Grab, Tapjump off and L to jump and the rest is default for Mewtwo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For anyone who cares, I uploaded a Brawl test vid today. I took out my bbu, :metaknight:.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
How does Special to D-pad up make it easier to do SB getup? If you have jump on L it should already be very easy to do, or am i missing something? Sounds interesting!

My setup is only Y to Grab, Tapjump off and L to jump and the rest is default for Mewtwo
I can't control jump height with R, so I use to use controlled jumps and SH, and R for increased control and edge-guarding. The D-Pad thing is so that I can easily get smaller SB Get-ups. Basically, I am lazy and don't want to learn the specific shoulder timing and found that this is an easy shortcut that doesn't affect my control scheme.

Metros Metros The Ledge-Jump DJC SB thingy, so yes.

Abadango went to a weekly run by Unrivaled Tournaments. The sets are already on their youtube.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not yet, to be honest I was going to open one for either Toon Link or Peach next.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm a scrub and just found out about Mewtwo's Japanese voice acting.

Oh man is it cool!

:150:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Looks like they're already coming after our boy . . .

:150:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Uhh, why? What it this nonsense?
Unless they know each other well, (which I highly doubt) this looks exceptionally "douchey." Is this sort of thing common?
First off, Anti is a top player for those that might not know. Second, he is doing this to raise hype and story lines. "Is Esam going to take out Abadango and claim the bounty?!?" Not really mean spirited. In previous tweets he mentuons that this is going to be a series. It's sorta like ZeRo's bounty at CEO.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I know Anti is a top player.
As long as it isn't mean spirited I guess. Still fairly unbecoming in my opinion.

Plenty of "hype" ugh should be generated by the matches themselves. Not to mention the fact that this won't make anyone play better; everyone is already playing to eliminate or be eliminated.

Eh, but I don't care for drama in competitive scenes anyway. I just want to watch the game, whatever it may be. So it's completely alien to me that someone would actually try to fabricate it.
But If that's other people's thing fine by me, it's easy enough to ignore. :p

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
What do you guys think of Abadango's Mewtwo matchup chart? I actually think it looks pretty much accurate overall even though some choices are very questionable imo.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New ORAS is out.

Sapphire, while still mad and unable to speak due to the shock of Ruby lying to her, decides to join him on top of Rayquaza to help save the world. The Primals/Team Leaders force Hoopa to transport them to where Rayquaza is to battle it, but they decide to make a truce to stop falling meteors. Red/Blue are revealed to still be alive after being beaten by Primal Groudon, having been rescued alongside the original M/A admins by Giovanni and his (Mega?) Beedrill.

What do you guys think of Abadango's Mewtwo matchup chart? I actually think it looks pretty much accurate overall even though some choices are very questionable imo.
I think it's a little bit too optimistic. Only Cloud/Ryu we have an outright disadvantage against?

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Really I agree with what --- --- said. I don't think we lose to only Ryu and Cloud, in fact I though it was a common consensus that we had the losing MU against Diddy (so move Diddy to where Ryu and Cloud are) and I honestly think Mac should be in the "even or small disadvantage" area.
He's really fast, being the 3rd(?) fastest in the game with extremeley powerful smash attacks with super armor to boot. He's tough to grab because our wonky grab box coupled with his hurtbox becoming smaller when he's dashing means it's gonna be difficult to toss him offstage. Not to mention his down smash is capable of 2-framing us when recovering with Teleport... :urg:

Of course, we have superior zoning capabilities and if the Mac messing up with can punish him really hard for it. We can really put on the hurt offstage if we're careful to look out for the Counter and Shadow Ball can put on almost as much pressure on Mac as he can on us. That's why I think it's :4mewtwo:45:55:4littlemac:

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
New ORAS is out.

Sapphire, while still mad and unable to speak due to the shock of Ruby lying to her, decides to join him on top of Rayquaza to help save the world. The Primals/Team Leaders force Hoopa to transport them to where Rayquaza is to battle it, but they decide to make a truce to stop falling meteors. Red/Blue are revealed to still be alive after being beaten by Primal Groudon, having been rescued alongside the original M/A admins by Giovanni and his (Mega?) Beedrill.

I think it's a little bit too optimistic. Only Cloud/Ryu we have an outright disadvantage against?
You can tell Ryu was there possibly cause of Darkshad ha-ha. There is no way Mewtwo doesn't lose to DK, Yoshi, and Game and Watch maybe (If Game and Watch buckets a full shadow ball and gets a grab at 0 you lose)

I have to know how Aba deals with Yoshi. Yoshi is still my #1 most hated to fight against...as anyone.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My Mewtwo has never had too much trouble with any DK I've faced. He's scary, but it's not hard to harass him with Shadow Balls. You've just got to play it safe.

Little Mac is downright terrifying, though. My hands start shaking whenever I fight a good one because he so fast and just one tiny slip up could be the death of me.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I fail to see how game and watch beats mewtwo with bucket alone. FCSB isn't vital to our game or anything, just don't throw it from across the stage.
Y Yonder

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I actually completely agree with Aba's matchup chart. I don't believe we have any 40:60 or worse MUs at all. "Bad" MUs thrown around like :4fox:, :4diddy: and :4falcon: are all indeed manageable. He has the tools to take on any character without being at a significant disadvantage with them.

Also... I'm not seeing you guys thinking how we lose to Yoshi, DK or G-dubs.

Last edited by a moderator:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
The only matchup I've played where I felt I wanted a secondary at times was :4falcon: It's not unwinable but just very uncomfortable.

:4fox:to me is fairly even, of course he has great ground speed and kill power so it's a bit in his favor; but you can get crazy strings on him and the offstage game is just unfair in our favor. We don't have trouble sealing stocks outside of edgeguards either.

I have a ton of trouble vs :4corrinf::4corrin:but I'm still not sure if it's just mu inexperience. The aerials stop m2 cold and lunge can get annoying.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I can't deal with Fox, for the life of me. He's the hardest character for me to defeat. I think his attacks have ridiculously little landing lag (looking at you specifically, Down Air) and that allows him to connect move after move with much ease.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I hate the Cloud and Sonic match ups the most

Cloud not only has pretty good frame data for having a giant disjoint stick (Compare to our not so disjointed big stick with less good frame data), but he also forces approach with the threat of his idiotic limit side B. Approaching is something I'm not quite used to with our fair lady as of yet.

Sonic is like those monkeys from the TimeSplitters games.

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I hate the Cloud and Sonic match ups the most

Cloud not only has pretty good frame data for having a giant disjoint stick (Compare to our not so disjointed big stick with less good frame data), but he also forces approach with the threat of his idiotic limit side B. Approaching is something I'm not quite used to with our fair lady as of yet.

Sonic is like those monkeys from the TimeSplitters games.
It gets easier, you have to play kinda a weird mix between aggression and defensive play right outside his range. You can't really camp him nor can you go super aggressively or you eat it hard. I'd say shadow ball, walk and tilts are the best here.
Make sure if you land a hit you follow up since alot of the time it will end in a ledge situation which is great for us.
If they recover with just upb (no jump) you can go to where he is at the time before upb, double jump and dair for the most free kill ever.

i think because mewtwo's meta isn't fully established yet we're having these conflicting views on match ups. mewtwo players (including aba) don't know the absolutely correct ways to play mus yet, so everybody is having different opinions. for example, i have no issues with yoshi (i actually think we win now but w/e) but i absolutely despise the diddy mu and think it's pretty damn bad.

Last edited:
Did that really just...?
So I heard there was a chance of patch again. May 10th. Keep your eyes peeled... after some of the stuff I've sen last month Mewtwo could be in for a bumpy ride.

Browny

Smash Hater
i think because mewtwo's meta isn't fully established yet we're having these conflicting views on match ups. mewtwo players (including aba) don't know the absolutely correct ways to play mus yet, so everybody is having different opinions. for example, i have no issues with yoshi (i actually think we win now but w/e) but i absolutely despise the diddy mu and think it's pretty damn bad.
I'm still sitting here telling people to use full charge shadow balls all day... people start to listen. I'm 100% confident that in a year from now, optimal Mewtwo play will involve many sub-100 KO's from shadowball. People freak out over fair killing at like 110-120 centre stage... wait till they die at 90% centre stage from something utterly unavoidable.

I think Aba doesnt use them optimally at all. He always uses the shadowball charge for movement mixups but lately he has become quite bad honestly when it comes to throwing it. This was blatantly obvious at pound where he almost lost to k9, it was game 3 almost last hit for those who didnt see. Constant charged shadowballs thrown from neutral with 0 chance of hitting.

Funnily enough, later on vs Marss he was spamming baby shadowballs like crazy but so many of them missed. He might have landed like, 6% through them over an entire minute. Then when he finally decides to charge one up, he smacks ZSS in the face, ripping through her nair and almost getting an early KO. A time when of course, a weaker shadowball, all the way up to about 70% charged, would have been cancelled out.

I had someone on the Lucario boards randomly shoutout to me from reading my essay on shadowball and how he applied it to aura sphere to greatly help in the cloud matchup because his landings absolutely suck vs any projectiles that his dair/fair/fair wont cancel out

Last edited:

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I'm still sitting here telling people to use full charge shadow balls all day... people start to listen. I'm 100% confident that in a year from now, optimal Mewtwo play will involve many sub-100 KO's from shadowball. People freak out over fair killing at like 110-120 centre stage... wait till they die at 90% centre stage from something utterly unavoidable.

I think Aba doesnt use them optimally at all. He always uses the shadowball charge for movement mixups but lately he has become quite bad honestly when it comes to throwing it. This was blatantly obvious at pound where he almost lost to k9, it was game 3 almost last hit for those who didnt see. Constant charged shadowballs thrown from neutral with 0 chance of hitting.

Funnily enough, later on vs Marss he was spamming baby shadowballs like crazy but so many of them missed. He might have landed like, 6% through them over an entire minute. Then when he finally decides to charge one up, he smacks ZSS in the face, ripping through her nair and almost getting an early KO. A time when of course, a weaker shadowball, all the way up to about 70% charged, would have been cancelled out.

I had someone on the Lucario boards randomly shoutout to me from reading my essay on shadowball and how he applied it to aura sphere to greatly help in the cloud matchup because his landings absolutely suck vs any projectiles that his dair/fair/fair wont cancel out
Fcsb is really great for extra credit too, but it's actually pretty underdeveloped tbh. It does 25%, which is completely bonkers.

I think there is a lot of value in small shadow balls too though. Mainly for forcing options and reactions in neutral. For example if they are prone to shield it you can grab, if you are the right distance you can react to their options. It can be used just as harassment or to cover yourself. Hell they even jab lock. I'd like to figure out more optimal shadow ball play to really help push mewtwo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom