• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Oh I know you mean.

Also it's from the tv special Mewtwo Returns. Its a direct follow up on Pokemon the First Movie. Although not better than the First Movie, it's a must watch for us...Just..turn away from the screen when that scene happens.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Oh I know you mean.

Also it's from the tv special Mewtwo Returns. Its a direct follow up on Pokemon the First Movie. Although not better than the First Movie, it's a must watch for us...Just..turn away from the screen when that scene happens.
Oh lol should I check it out

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Happy Mewtwoversary, everybody!
Would have dropped in while it was, you know, actually Mewtwo day, but I've been really busy lately.
Been maining Mewtwo for a year now and it feels immensely gratifying to see him ascend to (possibly) top 15 now.
Now let's just hope we don't get nerfed...
Keep Mewtwoing on!

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Happy Mewtwoversary, everybody!
Would have dropped in while it was, you know, actually Mewtwo day, but I've been really busy lately.
Been maining Mewtwo for a year now and it feels immensely gratifying to see him ascend to (possibly) top 15 now.
Now let's just hope we don't get nerfed...
Keep Mewtwoing on!
I think Mewtwo IS top 15 lmao

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
(Off topic) Oh my gosh. My notifications stopped working and I feel like I've been away from this thread for a year. Well anyways I'm back.

Now onto Mewtwo. After testing him out a bit in my spare time I can say that patch 1.1.5 has done M2 a lot of justice. I've mained this character since around this time last year and it's mind-blowing to see how much he's improved since then. Hopefully M2 will move up to the top of mid-tier or somewhere in high-tier in the future.

(Sorry about my first post before this edit. I'm using my phone and my thumbs are a bit big. :p)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well technically, I don't think the next official tier list has been released, but he'll definitely be much higher up on it when it comes out.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Well... from page 16 or so, to page 526. I'd wish I'd get notificated a little bit atleast.

Heya you loveable bunch. Hope you are enjoying the recent mewtwo buffs as much as I do?
(well, all mewtwo buffs in generall)

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Well... from page 16 or so, to page 526. I'd wish I'd get notificated a little bit atleast.

Heya you loveable bunch. Hope you are enjoying the recent mewtwo buffs as much as I do?
Hi friend and I've been hearing alot of people say they stop receiving notifications(myself included) and the M2 buffs have been great lol we won a national that says alot I'm interested to see what else people can do with this character

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor

Wekcome back! Nice to see the past coming back to say hi to the present.

Regarding the changes and buffs we've received. I feel most of our adjustments have been incremental and served mostly to change public opinion. Day 1 Mewtwo is not to far of where we are now. Everytime we received a adjustment, public opinion grew more favorable. I believe after this last round of adjustments with Mewtwo receiving the fabled weight buff, although small and somewhat inconsequential, it was enough for public opinion to climb high enough to turn heads. Along with results in certain locals and Daddy Aba winning Pound, here we are....basking in the light.

But remember not solely because of seemly random secret changes made by Sakurai but because of our conviction here is why we are where we are today and where we will be later on.

Str8 up.

TLDR?: Don't thank the buffs, thank yourself you crazy ****.

:150:

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I just like being in the right place at the right time for the buff parties for both of my characters. Both times I defended Luigi and Mewtwo since both were thought as bottom tier at one point. Then they both got mega buffs. (Well no Vectoring helped Luigi so much). Then the boards boomed!

And then Luigi got nerfed and it became a ghost zone.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I just like being in the right place at the right time for the buff parties for both of my characters. Both times I defended Luigi and Mewtwo since both were thought as bottom tier at one point. Then they both got mega buffs. (Well no Vectoring helped Luigi so much). Then the boards boomed!

And then Luigi got nerfed and it became a ghost zone.
To be fair, even back then, the luigi boards were kinda empty. It's what skype/ect groups do to boards.

And about buffs... you can't forget that other characters who stood at the top got nerved aswell. Buffs & nerfs in combination are what pushed mewtwo into a more favourable light, combined with his actual fun gameplay and options.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Alright M2 peeps Top Boss created a discord we would love if any of U could join its different from character specific discord because it's not character specific lol if ur in interested copy and paste this link in join discord server
https://discord.gg/0xUHL2TYlHqOVzDT
This place is like a chill zone where u just hang out and have a good time

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The Phasing guide is up. If anyone wants to stop by a read it through, great! Hopefully it helps. It isn't quite done yet. I have videos that I plan on putting in as well as general updates as the metagame progresses. Also, please rate it! Put what you think it deserves, but I just in general need ratings for it to be considered fact and worthwhile etc.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
??? really? That's weird. I just changed it 10 minutes ago, so something might be acting up. It's good for me. There is this one freaking goo artist that likes drawing Mewtwo. That guy is amazing.
that picture of mech suit mewtwo you have, I found it just googling Mewtwo pics a few months ago. I liked it so much I made it the lock screen on my phone. And you happened to have gotten ahold of it too :)

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
that picture of mech suit mewtwo you have, I found it just googling Mewtwo pics a few months ago. I liked it so much I made it the lock screen on my phone. And you happened to have gotten ahold of it too :)

Ooh, I misread that. I thought my picture was a lock screen, or an error thing, and that you were looking at SB on your phone. Woops. Love English. Great language. Much fun.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The new XY chapter is out...

tumblr_o5xd7jM9Go1r1alb2o2_1280.jpg

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
You right, as of now every post I make will have some random digimon at the end to further my point.

And not even the cool ones either.

Idk, being made of snow, you would think that Digimon would be pretty cool huh? I think it would be freezing.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Being playing Megaman lately. Ironically, I have been having trouble with the Mewtwo matchup. Since his EV training, he is blazing fast and hard to hit plus he has a reflector and a strong projectile with priority over any of Mega's projectiles. Any tips?

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Being playing Megaman lately. Ironically, I have been having trouble with the Mewtwo matchup. Since his EV training, he is blazing fast and hard to hit plus he has a reflector and a strong projectile with priority over any of Mega's projectiles. Any tips?
You outrange him with lemons and reflecting those doesn't do much for him. Don't use them recklessly when Mewtwo has a SB in hand. Smart ones won't telegraph it, however. Don't risk using side smash due to Confusion. Try juggling with up airs, just watch for confusion. If you catch him miss a tech near you, use either leaf shield or lemons to jab lock him and use your up tilt to kill him extremely early. He has no answer to Mega Man's up smash while landing. Mewtwo has a weak item toss, so he won't do as much damage to you if he grabs the metal blade.

I think Mewtwo wins, but Mega Man is not hopeless vs. him.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
I'm not suprised people are still scared to call Mewtwo high tier after the POUND 2016.

I bet you ten bucks that if someone like Corrin had gotten amazing results like Mewtwo has these past couple of months, they'd immediately parade him to top tier.

Why? Because people where expecting Corrin to be something. Mewtwo wasn't so lucky.

The memory of low tier mewtwo is still fresh in their minds, they're not willing to give credit where it's due.

We're the 2nd lightest character in the game and really tall to boot. We weren't supposed to be good. But all of that's gone now.

Apparently they need us to kick their butts a few more times before they actually admit how wrong they where about Mewtwo.

Let's give them what they're asking for then.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I'm not suprised people are still scared to call Mewtwo high tier after the POUND 2016.

I bet you ten bucks that if someone like Corrin had gotten amazing results like Mewtwo has these past couple of months, they'd immediately parade him to top tier.

Why? Because people where expecting Corrin to be something. Mewtwo wasn't so lucky.

The memory of low tier mewtwo is still fresh in their minds, they're not willing to give credit where it's due.

We're the 2nd lightest character in the game and really tall to boot. We weren't supposed to be good. But all of that's gone now.

Apparently they need us to kick their butts a few more times before they actually admit how wrong they where about Mewtwo.

Let's give them what they're asking for then.

Mewtwo could probably win 10 national tournaments in a row and beat ZeRo and people would still chalk it up to "MU inexperience".

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Match up inexperience doesn't let you 3-0 major players like abadango did that day.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I find it odd how people have issues calling certain characters like Mewtwo high tier. Stigma, sure, both from Melee and from his initial release of this game but then you have :4falcon::4luigi::4mario::4ness::4sheik::4sonic::4yoshi: and to a point :4bowser::4dk::4myfriends::4link::4gaw::4samus: who are all characters that have been unviable or close to it at some point or another in the Smash series, some of them for numerous games.

I'm guessing it's from the idea of 'I tested Mewtwo and he was bad.' he gets buffed, 'yeah but I tested him at release and he was bad and surely whatever buff he got wasn't enough.' Even though you have patches to thank for Bowser, DK and Ike being where they are and to a lesser extent, Link and Samus. I'd add Charizard to that list but...no one uses him to prove if his buffs mean anything. He's another heavy like DK and Bowser who can get both damage and kos off of grabs and yet...no one uses him. Heck, maybe Zelda is similar and perhaps Roy too.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
How is MU inexperience NOT a part of why he won? Obviously the character was good enough but let's be real, how many M2's are there to practice against that know the character as well as Aba did?

It was a breakout for the character and the player and I have no issue calling the character good but like, let's not get incredibly hasty here.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
How is MU inexperience NOT a part of why he won? Obviously the character was good enough but let's be real, how many M2's are there to practice against that know the character as well as Aba did?

It was a breakout for the character and the player and I have no issue calling the character good but like, let's not get incredibly hasty here.
Void had some very good Mewtwo experience, playing (and beating) Rich Brown multiple times, and having a mewtwo of his own. But he still got 3-0'd by abadango, at one point not even being able to take a stock off. Someone forcing Void to switch to a secondary, widely considered the best solo Sheik main, and still losing convincingly anyway, just really made a statement.

And people keep bringing up match up experience like abadango would have never won if people knew the match up. Not only did abadango win, he won in a convincing enough fashion that it's reasonable to assume that there is more to it than his opponents simply not knowing the match up. If MU ignorance can carry you through a major, Mr. Game and Watch and Pac Man would be running amok.

And Mewtwo has had some very impressive showings at the regional level with players such as Blue, Mew^2, Hitaku, Meme, and others over the last 2 - 3 months or so.

But people are STILL giving me heat for saying he's a top 15 character.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Void had some very good Mewtwo experience, playing (and beating) Rich Brown multiple times, and having a mewtwo of his own. But he still got 3-0'd by abadango, at one point not even being able to take a stock off. Someone forcing Void to switch to a secondary, widely considered the best solo Sheik main, and still losing convincingly anyway, just really made a statement.

And people keep bringing up match up experience like abadango would have never won if people knew the match up. Not only did abadango win, he won in a convincing enough fashion that it's reasonable to assume that there is more to it than his opponents simply not knowing the match up. If MU ignorance can carry you through a major, Mr. Game and Watch and Pac Man would be running amok.

And Mewtwo has had some very impressive showings at the regional level with players such as Blue, Mew^2, Hitaku, Meme, and others over the last 2 - 3 months or so.

But people are STILL giving me heat for saying he's a top 15 character.

When did I give you any flak? Character is really good yes but ivory towers are also a problem and this mentality is pretty poor IMO, really sorry. Denying what is partially true (Ally LITERALLY said afterwards that he didn't know how to get in and that changed how he played significantly IIRC) doesn't make it any less true.

I'm not remotely saying the character isn't good but to say that people were even prepared for a Mewtwo that played the way Abadango did (which you'll note is VERY DIFFERENT than a lot of the other ones I've seen) is like, not a statement I can just say "yeah" to. His consistency with teleport alongside his amazing use of Nair (a really underrated move before he showed people why it's amazing) among other things stood out.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
When did I give you any flak? Character is really good yes but ivory towers are also a problem and this mentality is pretty poor IMO, really sorry. Denying what is partially true (Ally LITERALLY said afterwards that he didn't know how to get in and that changed how he played significantly IIRC) doesn't make it any less true.

I'm not remotely saying the character isn't good but to say that people were even prepared for a Mewtwo that played the way Abadango did (which you'll note is VERY DIFFERENT than a lot of the other ones I've seen) is like, not a statement I can just say "yeah" to. His consistency with teleport alongside his amazing use of Nair (a really underrated move before he showed people why it's amazing) among other things stood out.
naw man, this isn't targeted towards you. I'm not saying little match up knowledge didn't affect the battle, but I just feel like people are johning for top players when they act like Abadango couldn't have done well w/o it.

TBH I'm just ranting my frustrations I'm having with the general smash community.

I thought his teleport cancels where a little off at times though lol.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Yes, don't be hasty. Not until we see her pummel other major tournament participants to dust which should be any moment now...*Rewatches Abadongo's Mewtwo do that N.Air string on Sheik*
YES.
YES.

Last edited:
Top Bottom