• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

SkippyJ

Smash Apprentice
And they all need to make multiple footstools in a 10 seconds time frame???
Greninja and Lucas yes. Ganondorf yeah. Villy is hight teir but he/she has wood chip setups that require multiple footstools. Shulk has footstool combos on heavies that involve two or more. I don't have a ton of knowledge on every character but I'm sure the list goes on. Proportionally speaking low/mid/high tiers benefit from footstools more then the top. The top already has plenty of more practical options to work with. To take away one of the few really good things a low or mid teir might have going for them would be a shame, imo.

Not only that, I think limiting the growth of the meta is in general a bad idea. If it becomes a problem where characters are dominating tournaments just because of infinite cheese, that's a problem, but until then I don't see a reason to touch it. ICs have had an infinite since day 1 and, while it might be annoying sometimes, it hasn't resulted in too many undeserved outcomes. And let's face it, most smash 4 infinits are far less practical then ICs chain grab. I doubt it ever will become a serious problem

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Greninja and Lucas yes. Ganondorf yeah. Villy is hight teir but he/she has wood chip setups that require multiple footstools. Shulk has footstool combos on heavies that involve two or more. I don't have a ton of knowledge on every character but I'm sure the list goes on. Proportionally speaking low/mid/high tiers benefit from footstools more then the top. The top already has plenty of more practical options to work with. To take away one of the few really good things a low or mid teir might have going for them would be a shame, imo.
I really never saw any player using multiple footstools in a small time frame in a tournament setting with any of those characters.... save maybe one or two occasions? Maybe....?

Last edited:

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Aw man, I can't watch it... How are they doing?
Blue takes on Zage next and the winner takes on Seagull Joe.

Iota is still in this having won two matchs after his lost to C3PO.

Edit: Our hero has fallen
Edit 2: Iota vs Blue in losers, Blue came up victorious in the battle of clones. Blue takes on Techei in losers quarters.
Edit 3: Frog flounders as our Cat claws victory 2-1 Blue. C3PO vs Blue in losers semis.
Edit 4: Blue the lord, the god 2-0 C3PO after SD game 2. Zage vs Blue run back on now.
Edit 5: Sad boys Blue lost 0-2 vs Zage in losers finals.. There is nothing more for me here..

Bracket if interested
http://vgbootcamp.challonge.com/SatX04122016SSB4

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
They should just nerf Disable's "cooldown". Make Disable not work for 120-180 frames after landing it, or something similar to that.

I mean how many times do you really land Disable TWICE in a row with only one or 2 moves in between? This way they won't nerf N-Air which is finally a good move.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Wouldn't that be nerfing Disable, a move that Mewtwo alone has in his arsenal and therefore be nerfing Mewtwo? Honestly, they may not even get rid of the infinite. From what I've heard, the nerf to Peach's uair only limited who the infinite works on, it didn't completely destroy it. I believe the back hit of uair works too.
Thing is, you're not going to be throwing out Disable after Disable, right? And, even if it is a nerf, it is significantly less of a nerf than other ideas. Such as changing neutral air; that'd nerf Mewtwo harder.
They should just nerf Disable's "cooldown". Make Disable not work for 120-180 frames after landing it, or something similar to that.

I mean how many times do you really land Disable TWICE in a row with only one or 2 moves in between? This way they won't nerf N-Air which is finally a good move.
y'know this is basically exactly what i said

Last edited:

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice

In 1 on 1, not very often... in multismash/team mode, it could be legit.

Disable is one of our neatest tools, and is pretty unique. It would be really bogus if it were made to stale too cruelly, or if its endlag was increased to the point where it becomes even more unsafe to even attempt it. If they make it so that it simply doesn't land within a frame window I would like to see either a visual cue that its ready again, or some kind of balance like decreasing endlag. If it were simply the case that you couldn't land it on the same opponent within a 180 frame window, then I could live with that.

Last edited:
Wrong DI. Smash DI would break the move, you're right... How about a higher base knockback? Then forward air chains start earlier, which both nets earlier KOs and breaks the infinite.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Wrong DI. Smash DI would break the move, you're right... How about a higher base knockback? Then forward air chains start earlier, which both nets earlier KOs and breaks the infinite.
Hmm mm that probably would help actually that would be perfect takes away the problem and grants something new

Attachments

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Nair could very well be nerfed, even if we don't want it to be. Peach's uair got nerfed and my cousin actually use that first hit for combos aside from the infinite. An unfortunate reality but Nintendo doesn't want infinites or anything that looks like one. Then again, Ryu's light utilt hasn't been changed and some people believe that infinites fast fallers like Fox.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just rage quit a match on For Glory against a goddamn idiot who used Ganondorf. All the imbecile did was Side B, stepped backwards and repeat, and once I finally could escape, I went on a hitting streak and ultimately KOd him. In retaliation, he just went offstage and used his Side B and dragged me down and killed me at like 40% just like nothing, when I had to work my ass off to take his stock. That's stupid, cheap and disrespectful and I'm just not playing anyone like that, so I just quit. I'm so salty and mad, goddammit.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I just rage quit a match on For Glory against a goddamn idiot who used Ganondorf. All the imbecile did was Side B, stepped backwards and repeat, and once I finally could escape, I went on a hitting streak and ultimately KOd him. In retaliation, he just went offstage and used his Side B and dragged me down and killed me at like 40% just like nothing, when I had to work my *** off to take his stock. That's stupid, cheap and disrespectful and I'm just not playing anyone like that, so I just quit. I'm so salty and mad, goddammit.
You truly are a great mewtwo player.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
I just rage quit a match on For Glory against a goddamn idiot who used Ganondorf. All the imbecile did was Side B, stepped backwards and repeat, and once I finally could escape, I went on a hitting streak and ultimately KOd him. In retaliation, he just went offstage and used his Side B and dragged me down and killed me at like 40% just like nothing, when I had to work my *** off to take his stock. That's stupid, cheap and disrespectful and I'm just not playing anyone like that, so I just quit. I'm so salty and mad, goddammit.
I'm not quite sure how this happened to you but you've gotta stay off FG man. You got a slew of ppl to practice and get games with right here. Just don't even bother with it, rarely is it productive or condusive to getting better.

Imagine this game with a decent online mode..but no some people are forever trapped playing a half ass attempt at a competitive online mode. Do not be this person if you don't have to be, you got us.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I understand it's a heat of the moment thing, just be weary of Ganondorf offstage at all times. He is actually a scary edgeguarder too. I always try to stay above Ganondorf when edgeguarding with dragging nair and dair, avoiding fair for fear of getting Ganoncided. (Idk why Ganondorf gets to keep his suicide move when Bowser loses if he does it last stock)

In other news, looking for that perfect nair spike sweetspot. Nair's are hard to do on a c tilt stick so I use control and a for nairs. Anyways, I got a nice nair stage spike on a Peach in Friendlies on battlefield. What is the best way to get it consistently?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Guten tag. After a recent loss of interest in my old main :4megaman:, I've been thinking about potential replacements and Mewtwo is who I give the most attention to atm. In spite of his technical learning curve, I feel as though Mewtwo is still someone I could get behind learning curve with just enough character loyalty, with the buffs he's recently gotten and Pokemon being a series that essentially dominates my childhood gaming (even if I haven't touched it much in months). I can see that it won't be an easy feat to learn him, but I think I could have more fun with M2 than I ever could have had with Mega Man and that alone is selling me on it currently.

If I end up going with this, I do hope to learn stuff from you guys.

FlameEmperor

Smash Cadet
NNID
FlameEmperor
Guten tag. After a recent loss of interest in my old main :4megaman:, I've been thinking about potential replacements and Mewtwo is who I give the most attention to atm. In spite of his technical learning curve, I feel as though Mewtwo is still someone I could get behind learning curve with just enough character loyalty, with the buffs he's recently gotten and Pokemon being a series that essentially dominates my childhood gaming (even if I haven't touched it much in months). I can see that it won't be an easy feat to learn him, but I think I could have more fun with M2 than I ever could have had with Mega Man and that alone is selling me on it currently.

Hope you do end up joining us. It'll be nice seeing another superior being running around in our army.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I really do not understand.
If all he did was side b... then why didn't you tech it or choose a better getup option.
And, admit it; it's your fault for getting caught in it offstage.

I mean, maybe he isn't, I have my doubts, but everyone has their bad days.
And.... y'know, arrogance can't take you so far, anyways.

I consider myself a pretty competent Mewtwo, I can take down most players around here, but I'm not cocky or anything. I have kind of... weak fundamentals, that I need to work on. But my Mewtwo is really good. At least, the Mewtwos I've fought have said that.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734

Ooooo I have a question how does it feel to be a smash lord oh welcome to M2 this is the beginning of a long journey

C3CC

Smash Lord
... Duh, I forgot to mention a very important part. I was not using Mewtwo, I was Corrin. Now that I think of it, I don't even know why I came to rant in this thread... Heeheheheheh...

And I am a great Mewtwo player. It's just that I don't know some of the match-ups because I'm not used to playing against some characters.

I'm not quite sure how this happened to you but you've gotta stay off FG man. You got a slew of ppl to practice and get games with right here. Just don't even bother with it, rarely is it productive or condusive to getting better.

Imagine this game with a decent online mode..but no some people are forever trapped playing a half *** attempt at a competitive online mode. Do not be this person if you don't have to be, you got us.
The thing is that it's either that or nothing :( I mean, the CPUs suck, and the only good three people I can play against don't live in my city so I seldom see them.

I understand it's a heat of the moment thing, just be weary of Ganondorf offstage at all times. He is actually a scary edgeguarder too. I always try to stay above Ganondorf when edgeguarding with dragging nair and dair, avoiding fair for fear of getting Ganoncided. (Idk why Ganondorf gets to keep his suicide move when Bowser loses if he does it last stock)
But that was what angered me the most: I was NOT offstage! I was on the floor, near the edge (not hanging from it). That's why I couldn't get how in the world he grabbed me and took me down with him.

I really do not understand.
If all he did was side b... then why didn't you tech it or choose a better getup option.
And, admit it; it's your fault for getting caught in it offstage.

I mean, maybe he isn't, I have my doubts, but everyone has their bad days.
And.... y'know, arrogance can't take you so far, anyways.

I consider myself a pretty competent Mewtwo, I can take down most players around here, but I'm not cocky or anything. I have kind of... weak fundamentals, that I need to work on. But my Mewtwo is really good. At least, the Mewtwos I've fought have said that.
Repeating my answer to the post above, I have to say I was not offstage. I was on the floor, not hanging from the edge or anything. In any case, I forgot to mention in my original post that I was not using Mewtwo in that match, I was using Corrin. I don't even know why I came to vent in this thread in the first place. Maybe it's because this is the one I care about the most.

And just like you said, I was indeed having a bad day, and not having played in more than a week really took its toll in my play. Admittedly, I'm still not 100% used to Corrin; I'm still getting to know the character. What angered me was the way I died when I wasn't even in the air. I will defend, however, my stance on me being a good Mewtwo. I'm sure none of that would have happened if I were using him.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
... Duh, I forgot to mention a very important part. I was not using Mewtwo, I was Corrin. Now that I think of it, I don't even know why I came to rant in this thread... Heeheheheheh...

And I am a great Mewtwo player. It's just that I don't know some of the match-ups because I'm not used to playing against some characters.

The thing is that it's either that or nothing :( I mean, the CPUs suck, and the only good three people I can play against don't live in my city so I seldom see them.

But that was what angered me the most: I was NOT offstage! I was on the floor, near the edge (not hanging from it). That's why I couldn't get how in the world he grabbed me and took me down with him.

Repeating my answer to the post above, I have to say I was not offstage. I was on the floor, not hanging from the edge or anything. In any case, I forgot to mention in my original post that I was not using Mewtwo in that match, I was using Corrin. I don't even know why I came to vent in this thread in the first place. Maybe it's because this is the one I care about the most.

And just like you said, I was indeed having a bad day, and not having played in more than a week really took its toll in my play. Admittedly, I'm still not 100% used to Corrin; I'm still getting to know the character. What angered me was the way I died when I wasn't even in the air. I will defend, however, my stance on me being a good Mewtwo. I'm sure none of that would have happened if I were using him.
Ganondorf's side special has deceptive range that stretches pretty far from his arm. Even if you are just on the ledge, he can still grab you and Ganoncide (I know this from experience). You gotta be wary of edgeguarding Ganondorf. One mistake could cost you your stock.
:162:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If you are using Corrin and he does that just use your F-smash. It has the range to shut that nonsense down.

I've been enjoying the heck out of Diddy recently. He is so solid and his banana is just evil.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've still got my main 3 :4cloud::4mewtwo::4robinf: but I've been on another Wolf withdraw lately :wolf:. Last night and my play session with my cousin before that, I was jumping around, using characters I had previously abandoned :4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4falco::4kirby::4metaknight::4feroy::4sheik: and that's not even all the characters I've abandoned.

Heck, the fact that I say I 'tri-main' characters rather than having 1 main and at most a secondary is a problem itself. In Brawl, it was easy. I had :wolf: and I had :pikachu2: and that's all I needed.

There are veterans that I enjoy :4drmario::4ganondorf::4mario::4mewtwo::4pikachu: and there are newcomers I enjoy :4cloud::4robinf: but none of them amount to what Wolf was...Like, the whole jumping around thing is because even my main 3 get tiresome after awhile, a problem I never had with Wolf.

Err, rant over I guess. Still a Mewtwo user and he's my most consistent character, even above Cloud and I do enjoy using him. Saw others mentioning getting into new characters and this has been on my mind since my last play session so figured I'd post it somewhere...

Krysco Krysco yeah, that's why I was hopping mains before. I tink I've settled on the :4zelda::4mewtwo: combo. I've been getting better at Mewtwo's speed, and discovering new Zelda options every day. Who knew Down Tilt true combo'd into Lightning Kick at mid percent?

I played a friend today (he played :4mario: so it was a real challenge) with both of my characters, and they're about even, with Mewtwo having an advantage due to a better matchup. I think I'm getting to a point where I can start to play at a higher level, but I'm going to climb up the ladder slowly this time instead of jumping right into KTAR.

WrenchOfMonkeys

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks. (it's me, just made another account.)
anyway let's put the subject back to disable.
is it broken with the new infinite?
and if the infinite was patched out without disable taking the hammer how would y'all feel?

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Ok thanks. (it's me, just made another account.)
anyway let's put the subject back to disable.
is it broken with the new infinite?
and if the infinite was patched out without disable taking the hammer how would y'all feel?
Wait U mean your the realskullkid or some body else

Edit:the realskid lol

Last edited:

WrenchOfMonkeys

Smash Rookie
yes (shhh)
lets add some fluff to this thread
what if the ftilt to pivot nair to footstool was removed?

Last edited:
Top Bottom