• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Ooo... That tier-list maker is awesome! Here's mine. Within the tiers themselves, the characters aren't in any particular order.

Mewtwo looks awesome in Pokkén Tournament! Apparently, he and Shadow Mewtwo will have different movesets, so that'll be nice. Still, I feel like having both Mewtwo Mega Evolve into their X forms is something of a waste. I mean, if the developers are going to the trouble of giving the pair different movesets, it seems strange to exclude Mega Mewtwo Y entirely. That said, their movesets are completely different, and that's more than what I expected, so, for the most part, I'm pretty pleased.

When it comes to For Glory scrubs, I like to D-Throw them, read the air-dodge, Disable them as soon as they land, and repeat until they either wise up or until I can KO them with a Smash Attack. It's pretty fun, actually.
See you later, 7.

So how do you guys like my nickname I use when playing Mewtwo

I go by:

I also thought about using "PsyClone", but it was a little too punny.

:colorful:
I like it! It's simple, but it gets the point across, and most people will understand it. I usually just go by U-Throw, regardless of who I'm playing as. And PsyClone is absolutely glorious.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I must've missed the personal tier list postings last night. Anyway, here's one that I made a few days ago.

I have no info on Bayonetta whatsoever, so her status is unknown. Corrin seems like a B-tier fighter, based on the stuff that I've analyzed with him. Miis have their own tier to separate them from the other fighters.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
New Pokken tournament news out. You can check it out on Serebii or Gamexplain.

It was seriously a huge missed opportunity not to make normal Mewtwo mega evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y.

Oh well, Hyper Beam looks cool.

Er, I think that's Hyper Beam, at least.
Rip my hopes and dreams. They also said no current plans for DLC fighters.

ZeRo finally did a buff patch analysis for us btw.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
ZeRo's video was honestly very disappointing. It basically just told us Mewtwo players what we already know and a lot of other people already know, too. I just wanted his opinion honestly, for the most part.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Ooo... That tier-list maker is awesome! Here's mine. Within the tiers themselves, the characters aren't in any particular order.

I like it! It's simple, but it gets the point across, and most people will understand it. I usually just go by U-Throw, regardless of who I'm playing as.
Thanks, U-Throw's a good name too. Must be especially fun when you actually take the stock with it.

I like your list <3 I've been watching all of the lists to try to find some trends in who people like and dislike, and it seems like Lucas and Lucina are generally pretty liked by people here.

As for your really low placement of Falco... I really liked using him in Brawl the most, personally (I liked his new style that made him more distinguished from Fox). It's taken a lot for me to get used to him as he is now, but by putting in the work I'm starting to get used to him again. I wish he wasn't so slow on the ground.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
ZeRo's video was honestly very disappointing. It basically just told us Mewtwo players what we already know and a lot of other people already know, too. I just wanted his opinion honestly, for the most part.
He probably doesn't have much of an opinion because he probably does not have much experience playing a good Mewtwo or playing as him. Video was kind of underwhelming, but I'm glad he at least finally made one.
Now does anyone know how to save or copy the image on that app?
Yeah, I'm confused at that too.
someone help us.
On the top of the tier list maker, there should be a share button. Click it, and an image and code will pop up. Right click on image and save image as. Then you can upload the image onto imgur and share it or just upload a file onto a post like I did.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Finally finished my usage and personal tier lists.

USAGE:

MY PERSONAL TIER LIST IMPRESSIONS:

I made my tier list by starting with the official one. I then altered character positions based on my own thoughts and ended up with this. Don't hurt me if you disagree. :151:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Finally finished my usage and personal tier lists.

USAGE:

MY PERSONAL TIER LIST IMPRESSIONS:

I made my tier list by starting with the official one. I then altered character positions based on my own thoughts and ended up with this. Don't hurt me if you disagree. :151:
Quick question, why do you think Mii Gunner, Ganondorf and Mii Swordfigher are better than Jigglypuff? Just asking. Me personally I rank Jigglypuff as the second worst/worst.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Quick question, why do you think Mii Gunner, Ganondorf and Mii Swordfigher are better than Jigglypuff? Just asking. Me personally I rank Jigglypuff as the second worst/worst.
Edit: Horrible phrasing by me so I'm rewriting.

I think you mean why I think they are worse than Jiggles.

To be completely honest I didn't sit down trying to rack my brain for every single placement. Ganondorf has some decent options but he is too slow to do much if the opponent knows what s/he is doing. He is combo food, and while he hits hard, he struggles to hand a serious blow against most of the cast. Counter characters can make use of their down special on reaction to his F-Smash for example. His approach options are complete garbo as well. I think Ganondorf is fun in dittos and such but seriously using him in tournaments looks insane to me.

Jiggles on the other hand can prove to be quite difficult to face for some of the cast. Her recovery is decent and rest is a solid punish option. She is the gimp queen as far as I'm concerned. She isn't a great character by any means but she can keep players on their toes.

The Mii's......I don't think they are good in any way. Maybe ignorance is talking but thats fine.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
On the top of the tier list maker, there should be a share button. Click it, and an image and code will pop up. Right click on image and save image as. Then you can upload the image onto imgur and share it or just upload a file onto a post like I did.
It won't let me select the image. What browser are you using?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Worked on Chrome.
Well **** it. I don't need no stinking app to post a list.

• Main: :4mewtwo::4bowserjr::4megaman:
  • Secondary: :4samus::4drmario::4dk::4lucas::4shulk::4ryu:
  • Common: :4mario::4luigi::4charizard::4corrinf::4bayonetta::4feroy::4cloud::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4bowser::4robinm::4zelda::4pacman::4gaw:
  • Rare: :4diddy::4wario::4littlemac::4kirby::4dedede::4jigglypuff::4marth::4myfriends::4sonic::4greninja::4pit::4darkpit::4rob::4olimar:
  • Very Rare: :4lucario::4palutena::4peach::4yoshi::4villager::4link::4fox::4wiifit::4ness::4metaknight:
  • Never: :4zss::4sheik::4lucina::4tlink::4pikachu::4falcon:
Rare are characters I don't play often but enjoy when I do, for the most part.

Very Rare are characters I only really touch for novelty.

Never are characters I've almost never liked using in any circumstance.

I use Internet Explorer by the way. Feel free to mock me.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I was honestly okay with ZeRo's video. I like how he didn't take a position on Mewtwo's placement because he's probably aware of bandwagon he would cause, and he didn't want to make any predictions if they didn't have a good chance of coming true. And honestly, nobody really knows as of right now. He was just analyzing Mewtwo's options after the buffs completely factually, and for that, it was fine. He did the same for other characters that he evaluated recently as well. He likely needs more experience with him.

As for what he talked about, don't forget that we're the primary mains of the character. Of course we know what he can do, and the patch has been out for a while now. He's more of a voice to the general public, and you have to remember that a lot of people still think that Mewtwo is this light punching bag character and that they might not be aware of his new abilities after the buffs (or even before). Just the fact that he said you have to respect Mewtwo is important. He also didn't put too much emphasis on the weight affecting his viability which I was happy about as well.

Last edited:

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
I was honestly okay with ZeRo's video. I like how he didn't take a position on Mewtwo's placement because he's probably aware of bandwagon he would cause, and he didn't want to make any predictions if they didn't have a good chance of coming true. And honestly, nobody really knows as of right now. He was just analyzing Mewtwo's options after the buffs completely factually, and for that, it was fine. He did the same for other characters that he evaluated recently as well. He likely needs more experience with him.

As for what he talked about, don't forget that we're the primary mains of the character. Of course we know what he can do, and the patch has been out for a while now. He's more of a voice to the general public, and you have to remember that a lot of people still think that Mewtwo is this light punching bag character and that they might not be aware of his new abilities after the buffs (or even before). Just the fact that he said you have to respect Mewtwo is important. He also didn't put too much emphasis on the weight affecting his viability which I was happy about as well.
This made me turn around my opinion of it. Thanks.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I couldn't watch the whole thing due to shady internet connection, but what I did see was good.

I agree that ZeRo's videos are important liaisons to the masses. Thousands of more casual players take his word because he quite literally is the best in the world.

And shoutouts & thanks to @RichBrown for helping ZeRo with the video!

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I was watching the Death Battle between Charizard and Greymon for the billionth time and I still get the feels when Zard bites it.

Why Screw Attack? Why do you gotta kill him twice? ;-;

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I was watching the Death Battle between Charizard and Greymon for the billionth time and I still get the feels when Zard bites it.

Why Screw Attack? Why do you gotta kill him twice? ;-;
Why would you torture yourself? Why are you paying them for hurting you?

Just be like me and boycott their channel.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Why would you torture yourself? Why are you paying them for hurting you?

Just be like me and boycott their channel.
Are you kidding?

I agree with their decision. Charizard had no chance. Pokemon are meant to be lovable creatures that live with people and battle for fun. Digimon are created and fight to survive. Digimon kill. At the end of the day pokemon can always go to a pokemon center (except due to sickness or something) and all is well in the world. In the Digi world the other mons are out to kill you.

Metal-Greymon would have been enough to be honest. I like and support Death Battle. It does hit me in the feels for some reason whenever I watch that specific video. I'm not even a huge Charizard fan but when I see him and Red take on Greymon and Tai I just get all giddy and ****.

Also "Call off your dragon!" Tai says as he hits Red in the face and carelessly murders him and his partner for literally no reason, with no remorse either. Its Death Battle I know but **** you Tai.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
Hello.

I'm new to the mewtwo boards, but I've always loved the character, both in melee and smash4, and in general. I've played him since release, but never really did anything with him. I've actually been out of the competitive scene for a while now (I broke my 3ds and was without online play for months). And coming back to see that mewtwo has received numerous buffs, I think now is as good a time as any to really dive in.

I've played smash4 from day 1, but it's only now, this late into the game, that I've finally figured out what my preferred playstyle is and what characters can make use of it; that playstyle being patience/bait & punish. I'm convinced that this was one of my great personal hurdles I needed to overcome to get better at the game. Luckily, Mewtwo seems like a perfect fit.

Bayonetta comes first in my smash4 career, but I want to have mewtwo at the very least a tertiary character (still havent decided between him and bowser for the #2 spot).

With all the buffs he's had, I believe mewtwo is now a very solid character. He's the very definiton of a glass cannon, and it's part of what makes so unique, and fun to play (it's also a nice contrast to bowser, who is a literal tank). He has the tools, and now, the frame data, to take on a lot of characters.

Here's to hoping he moves on up in the smash4 hierarchy.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Welcome good, sir. Congrats on joining the dark side of the boards...hehhehehehehehehehe

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
How active is the M2 boards compared to the others? I find myself hanging out here more, despite being the mod of the Luigi boards. Things got quiet over there after the bagwagoners left...

Rip my hopes and dreams. They also said no current plans for DLC fighters.

ZeRo finally did a buff patch analysis for us btw.
Current. Smash 4 never had current plans either with dlc. They might just wait, play out the trends, most companies with dlc don't announce they are making it until after release. That way, fans don't complain that "oh they could have put it in the main game those greedy producers!"

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't care for the opinion of ZeRo. Sure, he's a great player, I won't deny that but he doesn't main or use every character. He's good with who he uses and he uses the best. His skill isn't so high that he can dominate with just anyone. I understand however, how important his comments are when it comes to informing the general public. He could say Zelda is secretly top tier and people would believe him based off his words alone.

Complete subject change and honestly out of nowhere but I'd just like to say how awesome everyone in this thread is. I'ma quote something I just said in the Robin social:

I question if I'm fortunate in that regard or not. I have one close friend in person and a few friends that are just there. Never go out of my way to contact or hang out with them. Got 1 close friend online (the one I wish I was in an S support with) and a few lesser ones online too. No one on Smashboards I'd call a friend though. No offense intended to anyone but there's no particular user here that I've gotten super close to. I kinda just post stuff and reply to people, no real attempts at friendship. For what it's worth, I've got enough experience with the Wolf support thread and Mewtwo social to know that everyone in those two threads are awesome. Hoping to say the same for here and the Cloud social once I'm more accustomed to the people in each :)
I may not be the most dedicated Mewtwo user and what I said holds true. I don't regard anyone on Smashboards as an immediate friend but I think that moreso shows my value of the word and meaning of 'friend' than to say anyone on here isn't friend worthy.

With that said, I love how active this social is and how friendly and open everyone is. We don't have to be. We could all keep our personal problems and stories to ourselves but we don't. We share them with strangers on the internet who merely share the enjoyment of using a character in a video game.

If I ever drop Mewtwo (I've dropped countless characters in this game since its release thanks to indecisiveness and a lack of Wolf) I'll still probably hang around here just because of how enjoyable the people here are.

Sorry to get all sappy like that. Been feeling down the past few days and realizing how much I enjoy this place after mentioning it in the Robin social, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I agree to be honest. ZeRo is a fantastic player for sure but he isn't all-seeing and ****. Look at Melee, the meta has changed multiple times. Did anyone see it coming? Maybe. It wasn't the best player in year one though thats for sure.

I like ZeRo as a person, because he seems like a cool dude, but his fanbase makes me not like him so much. He is a player just like everyone else. He doesn't know everything about the game or what will come in the next few years. You all can stop treating him like the friggin' pope of Sm4sh now. (Not you guys. The youtube followers mostly.) I also recall Mildeww (don't know her name in the social :/ I'm awful) getting crap from the followers for even suggesting ZeRo to do a Mewtwo analysis since he had done every other character twice over. THEN, once ZeRo actually did the video, NOT A SINGLE NEGATIVE THING WAS SAID outside of Mewtwo's weight. They all shifted their mindsets to whatever ZeRo said which is silly.

Anyway, now that the rant is over, yeah I agree. This social is really nice. I like how active it is and it has become a decent new home since the Great Meme Invasion in the Disco Room. It is also really cool to see people talking about their own personal lives and getting some encouragment.

We Mewtwos got each other's backs, yo.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I agree to be honest. ZeRo is a fantastic player for sure but he isn't all-seeing and ****. Look at Melee, the meta has changed multiple times. Did anyone see it coming? Maybe. It wasn't the best player in year one though thats for sure.

I like ZeRo as a person, because he seems like a cool dude, but his fanbase makes me not like him so much. He is a player just like everyone else. He doesn't know everything about the game or what will come in the next few years. You all can stop treating him like the friggin' pope of Sm4sh now. (Not you guys. The youtube followers mostly.) I also recall Mildeww (don't know her name in the social :/ I'm awful) getting crap from the followers for even suggesting ZeRo to do a Mewtwo analysis since he had done every other character twice over. THEN, once ZeRo actually did the video, NOT A SINGLE NEGATIVE THING WAS SAID outside of Mewtwo's weight. They all shifted their mindsets to whatever ZeRo said which is silly.

Anyway, now that the rant is over, yeah I agree. This social is really nice. I like how active it is and it has become a decent new home since the Great Meme Invasion in the Disco Room. It is also really cool to see people talking about their own personal lives and getting some encouragment.

They kept saying 'egg' to her in her recent comment on ZeRo's Mewtwo buff video.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

This is pretty much what I said the other day. A lot of ZeRo's followers are sheep that are incapable of independent thought and just follow him because he's the best player. That doesn't make him an all seeing fortune teller of the game's metagame though. Even he could tell you that. He makes his own predictions about how things could go just like everyone else.

I take value in his opinions, but I don't necessarily always establish them as fact. I don't do that for anyone. That's pretty much surrendering any type of independent thinking.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
That's me guys, and I'm very much a dude. :laugh:

Also the "egg" thing is just an inside joke from one of most close friends. He commented it and then everyone followed suit.

Top Bottom