• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
Hey guys just wanna let you guys know im gonna start streaming hopefully by feburary 1st monday :) so lets all take mewtwo to the stars guys

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Fair enough, Blue did play very well, props to him, it just seemed people were making too big of a deal for Mewtwo.... maybe it was just me.
I like it because this is the first time a Mewtwo player has done something like this. He beat Nairo's Cloud and ZSS. Even though his ZSS is significantly better, I am pretty sure his Cloud is at the very least high level. No Mewtwo has been able to even take a game off of a top player until now. (Besides when he first came out)
I've been thinking... if there's any point in my time that I'll be a much better M2 player than I already am?
I think some of you have watched a video of my play - if you haven't seen it it's on the critique thread.
Looking back on it...
I actually think that was mediocre.
With the power of learning a bunch of new things and the numerous buffs brought in 1.1.3...
I am probably significantly better now.

I also owe the thanks to some of you guys that lab stuff around here that I can take from. Really helps.
Keep working at it! There is always something to improve can be taken in a positive and negative light. I prefer to take it positively, because it means that I can always get better. (P.S. Plateaus are the worst)
I can confirm that he isn't (at least for the time being, this may or may not change) and even if he was he wouldn't enter. He's more of a teacher than a competitor now.
Make sure to check out his YouTube people! He is really intelligent, and has multiple videos of his Mewtwo and Critiques. Also, I have talked to him a bit and he is lurking around. So don't be surprised if you see his name on the Users Viewing Thread area.
I just found and subbed to their YouTube a couple days ago! Check out their videos: you'll find Blue got 1st and 2nd several times at this PA tournament. Great games, too.
what is the youtube's name?
Hey guys just wanna let you guys know im gonna start streaming hopefully by feburary 1st monday :) so lets all take mewtwo to the stars guys
Are you making your own Stream or RHS?

Anyone up to playing at about 1:00 PST? I can play between 1 and 4 probably, there are a couple of tourneys I want to watch, as well as see Corring and Bayonetta at NicoNico, so I really want to be off at 5.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I like it because this is the first time a Mewtwo player has done something like this. He beat Nairo's Cloud and ZSS. Even though his ZSS is significantly better, I am pretty sure his Cloud is at the very least high level. No Mewtwo has been able to even take a game off of a top player until now. (Besides when he first came out)

Keep working at it! There is always something to improve can be taken in a positive and negative light. I prefer to take it positively, because it means that I can always get better. (P.S. Plateaus are the worst)

Make sure to check out his YouTube people! He is really intelligent, and has multiple videos of his Mewtwo and Critiques. Also, I have talked to him a bit and he is lurking around. So don't be surprised if you see his name on the Users Viewing Thread area.

what is the youtube's name?

Are you making your own Stream or RHS?

Anyone up to playing at about 1:00 PST? I can play between 1 and 4 probably, there are a couple of tourneys I want to watch, as well as see Corring and Bayonetta at NicoNico, so I really want to be off at 5.
Here's the link to Bros. Calamity YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/channel/UC5TG3ceeIsjNLGA-USBVi8w

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Why is the Melee chat just ripping on Sm4sh? Personally, I would like to see them PP. Wavedashing, Invincible Ledge Get-up aren't too difficult. Melee tech is hard, but I find Sm4sh tech harder. A point for Melee is that it's tech is more useful.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Why is the Melee chat just ripping on Sm4sh? Personally, I would like to see them PP. Wavedashing, Invincible Ledge Get-up aren't too difficult. Melee tech is hard, but I find Sm4sh tech harder. A point for Melee is that it's tech is more useful.
Because they are bad people.

Simple.

They ridiculed Brawl players before, and they'll do all they can to feel superior to Smash 4 players as well. I've played Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4, and they're all fun, but Smash 4 is the one I love the most. However, I don't waste my time talking down to Melee players. That's wrong.

I will call them out on their bully tactic bull****e, though.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I don't get why they whine about Smash 4 players trashing their game when they do this.

I've never once saw someone playing Smash 4 talk ****. But alot of Melee players do it almost instinctively. Its really stupid but whatever.

D

Deleted member

Finally got a Wii U recently! I never expected to have a Wii U in the future so I didn't buy the 3DS + Wii U Mewtwo package when I bought Mewtwo months ago for 3DS. So I don't have Mewtwo on Wii U. :(

At least for now.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Most of them do it just to be annoying and get a rise out of people. I hate to say it but the lack of maturity in the Smash community really puts it in a bad light when viewed from the outside. That's not to say that other FGC communities aren't guilty of immature and embarrassing behavior but I've noticed it a lot more since I started playing Smash 4.

Look at a channel like GRsmash. Just mentioning Smash 4 will cause a long comment chain of hate and ignorance. I know it's Youtube so I shouldn't be surprised but I've noticed it in a bunch of other places as well. It really disappoints me that a community this large can't even respect itself.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I like all Smash Bros games the same both competitively and casually. They all have their share of techs that are tricky to pull off sometimes and other aspects that actually make the game. In fact, when you think about it you could argue that Brawl and Sm4sh technically take more skill since you're forced to play a game without reliance of wavedashing or L-cancelling. The Melee fanboys are just so annoying sometimes that I just pretend that they don't exist. I know that's immature, but without them this would actually be a really great community. It's already pretty good once you're actually in it, but outsiders will just see it as a typical bad community of people like they would the Sonic, Undertale, and MLP fandoms.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Nobody loves Smash 64 ;-;
It's not that I don't love it per se, I just never bought it during the N64 era. I was still young enough that pretty much any game I wanted was a gift at Christmas or my birthday, etc. I wasn't employed until I was... maybe 17? That was 2004. So yeah, I was still a kid when the 64 was the hotness.

Smash 64 looks fun. I think the graphics and stages turned me off as a kid. Mostly the stages. Besides Wispy, none of them looked memorable. Yeah yeah, I know, Dreamland is the only stage, but a kid doesn't think that way.

Also, I wasn't into fighting games until the Gamecube came out. Melee and Soul Calibur 2 were dear favorites. Those really opened me up to enjoying fighting games. I played some Street Fighter 2 on the SNES as a kid, but it was too technical. I couldn't do anything.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
When I played 64 I liked all of the stages except for Peach's Castle. Granted they weren't that impressive graphically speaking, but they were still fun to play on and didn't have too many annoying gimmicks unlike what some of the stages in the later games had. Sure Dreamland is the only stage viable for a competitive environment, but the other ones are still fun to play on imo. Especially Mushroom Kingdom.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
When I played 64 I liked all of the stages except for Peach's Castle. Granted they weren't that impressive graphically speaking, but they were still fun to play on and didn't have too many annoying gimmicks unlike what some of the stages in the later games had. Sure Dreamland is the only stage viable for a competitive environment, but the other ones are still fun to play on imo. Especially Mushroom Kingdom.
Agreed with every word, Mushroom Kingdom and Sector Z were my favorites.... and then Melee scraped those for Corneria and their own Mushroom Kingdom replica.... both which suck.
Actually, you say that 64 stages were not memorable to you, Aninymouse Aninymouse but I say that most stages that Melee copied from 64 (Corneria, MK, Green Greens, Brinstar) suck in comparison to the originals.... although the original Melee stages are cool, mostly.
And I am some years younger than you, but I started with 64 and loved every single second of it.... even though I never really was into fighting games until last year.
Smash 64 is easily one of my favorite of all times.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Confirmed for afternoon February 3rd for us Americans!!!

These two look super duper good. That music though... so excited...

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
we are missing a huge thing

the bayonetta stage clock tower really looks like it will be a "legal tourny" stage!
its flat and the only hazard that appears to be is extra platforms thats popping up there and there and disappearing later!
2 minutes were played on that stage and nothing "happend" with boss or enemies etc.

that stage is perfect for counterpick

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
we are missing a huge thing

the bayonetta stage clock tower really looks like it will be a "legal tourny" stage!
its flat and the only hazard that appears to be is extra platforms thats popping up there and there and disappearing later!
2 minutes were played on that stage and nothing "happend" with boss or enemies etc.

that stage is perfect for counterpick
Inb4 the stage gets banned because of distracting background and platforms sometimes going up too high. :p

I never really cared much about stage legality due to not going to tournaments, so the stage looks nice to me. Duck Hunt stage's ducks are very distracting for me too as I always want to go after them for some reason...

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
I've been gone from this thread since Mewtwo was released. Didn't know it was still active.
Here is some shadow Mewtwo for Pokén if anyone is interested.

Speaking of, Is KillerJawz going to Beast VI? I feel that would be another great opportunity to see High level Mewtwo on a big stage.
apologies friend i won't be going, but thank you very much for the compliment <3. i prefer not to enter tournaments :(

so guys, do we think we're getting buffed this patch?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
apologies friend i won't be going, but thank you very much for the compliment <3. i prefer not to enter tournaments :(

so guys, do we think we're getting buffed this patch?
When your character gets buffed, it's such a wonderful feeling. Since day one 3DS, I've been playing Ike and DK, and Mewtwo. All three have gotten massive buffs. It's so nice, because it feels like it's Mr. Sakurai & team's way of saying, "we want to see your character succeed. Sorry we overestimated their abilities."

We're gonna find out in 2 days or so from now, regardless.

I remember back when I first bought Melee... Mewtwo was the last character I unlocked, and I was so excited. I played him and DK more than anyone else, but the more serious I got, the more I realized both of them weren't very good. Or at least, it was twice as easy to win with better characters.

I'm no Taj or Armada... I really struggle to be good at Smash. For me, it's good if characters I love to play are good characters, because it gives me a chance against other Smash peons such as myself.

I've been waiting since 2003 (?) for Mewtwo to be good. He finally is. I say, "don't stop now." Make him top tier while you're at it, imo.

Last edited:
If all goes as expected, there will be no top tier after this patch. :4sheik:, :4zss: and :rosalina: have gone too long without nerfs.

After seeing gameplay of the two newcomers-
Everything I said about :4corrinf: being a waste of a spot? Take that back. The true waste is :4feroy:. Corrin is the true 5th FE Character, and that's how it should stay. (I actually never bought Roy. I've thought he was a waste of a slot since last June.)

:4bayonetta: isn't as great as people thought- her combo attacks deal about 4-5% a pop, and though Wicked Weaves are big and decently strong, they're slow like Palutena's, so you pretty much need a perfectly timed Witch Time to smash out. It'll take a lot of skill with Bullet Arts and some clutch counter timing to play her properly, so she's not for me.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Hey, shoutouts to !Blue! !Blue! for winning the PA local We Bear Bairs 16 on Bros. Calamity! 1st place, baby, taking it 3-1 over Apple's Diddy Kong!

Watch the end -- Blue gives a great interview, and discusses topics like:

* Relationship with Leap of Faith teammates
* Mindset in fighting Diddy Kong, Sheik, Ness
* Why Blue switched from Sonic to Mewtwo
* How Sonic experience helped in playing Mewtwo
* Why Blue likes Mewtwo as a main
* Upcoming tournaments Blue wants to attend
* Upcoming Rush Hour Smash video projects

And more! It was really fascinating. Check it out!

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
If all goes as expected, there will be no top tier after this patch. :4sheik, :4zss: and :rosalina: have gone too long without nerfs.

After seeing gameplay of the two newcomers-
Everything I said about :4corrinf: being a waste of a spot? Take that back. The true waste is :4feroy:. Corrin is the true 5th FE Character, and that's how it should stay. (I actually never bought Roy. I've thought he was a waste of a slot since last June.)

:4bayonetta: isn't as great as people thought- her combo attacks deal about 4-5% a pop, and though Wicked Weaves are big and decently strong, they're slow like Palutena's, so you pretty much need a perfectly timed Witch Time to smash out. It'll take a lot of skill with Bullet Arts and some clutch counter timing to play her properly, so she's not for me.
Sheik and Rosaluma actually have gotten nerfs before. In fact, Sheik has been nerfed like three times. Loyalists just adapt to her nerfs. Also, how is Roy a "waste of a spot"? Could you please explain why a highly requested veteran is a bigger waste than a protagonist whose game hasn't even come out in America yet? It is coming close, but still.

Rosalina actually has been buffed several times, not really nerfed as often.
Sheik has been nerfed twice- back air (which was truly nerfed) and forward air (which only made it a bit harder to use, not really any worse). But the real problematic moves are the needles and Bouncing Fish, because one is the fastest projectile in the game, let along being practically invisible, and the other is one of the longest range, fastest, and most versatile KO moves in the game.

Roy was a highly requested veteran, but he was in the planning before the Smash Ballot even existed.
Also, even though he was changed pretty significantly from Marth, we already have a Marth variation in the form of Lucina. Now, we have 6 Fire Emblem characters, three having variations of the same swordfighting style. Corrin has his/her own style.
So, it feels more like we got "Roy from Super Smash Bros. Melee" rather than "Roy from Fire Emblem". That's what I meant by "Corrin is the true 5th Fire Emblem character". I guess my wording was wrong, Roy is not a waste of a slot. He's just not much of a "Fire Emblem" rep.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Well "top tiers" aren't going away. I hope no character gets nerfed honestly.

I just hope some characters get needed buffs (Palutena and Zelda). I don't expect Mewtwo to get anything since last patch made him actually good. It would be nice if they changed down throw to make it more useful though.

I'm not impressed at all with Bayonetta but she is a really cool character so I'm glad I'll get to play against her at least. Corrin is bae as **** so I may end up dual maining her with Mewtwo.

If not I may settle on Toon Link or something. I dunno.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Btw, do someone want to buy Kamui or Cloud for Wii U and 3DS and PM me the Wii U code? :v #shamelessQuestion #okKindaOfShameful #thatsHowIGotMewtwo #itsHardToBeANintendoFanInBrazil #IRegretNothing(lies)

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
To be fair, the post about Sheik, ZSS and Rosa getting nerfs didn't say they've never gotten nerfs. It said 'have gone too long without nerfs'. I don't recall any of the 3 getting nerfed in the last patch...or even the one before that but then my memory of what happened when for each patch is crap.

Corrin catches my interest even more than he/she did before while Bayo still doesn't interest me. I've actually been in a bit of character limbo atm. No viable character truly clicks with me. The only character I can say that does is :4ganondorf:. Sure, I like Mewtwo and his playstyle a lot but I can say the same for :4cloud::4darkpit::4falco::4myfriends::4rob::4robinf: with no clear preference.

Won't matter to me till next year anyways, when I can start going to tournaments but it feels odd to have no one viable that clicks with me. I would focus on Ganon but I wanna join tournaments for fun and being a tall, heavy, slow, bad recovery character with few answers to what will inevitably be numerous projectiles I'll run into, does not sound fun. Maybe Corrin or this patch will change that...Or the true dream can come true and maybe Wolf will come back by then.

Furret24

Smash Master
I remember back when I first bought Melee... Mewtwo was the last character I unlocked

I thought :gawmelee: had to be the last character you unlock, since you need every other character to get him. Did you just not unlock him or something?

!Blue!

Smash Cadet
So guys i will be attending a major with some of the japan players called shots fired!!! Im gonna shot for top 8 and 1st!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, I've started playing Anther's Ladder the other day.

I'm...a lot worse than I thought I was. Even on friendlies, I keep getting two-stocked. I think part of it is that I get the case of the jitters. In For Glory, there is little actual interaction between the two players, so it doesn't really feel like I'm facing a real person. In Anther's Ladder, however, that little chat box is enough to trigger my social anxiety and make me irrationally scared of being judged. I think this is a problem I'll get over with time, though.

Another problem I make is input errors,but only when I'm trying to recover for some reason. Namely, I accidentally use Fly or Rock Smash when trying to use 'Zard's Flare Blitz, or Disable when trying to use Confusion. I also have a harder time landing on platforms when I Teleport than I should. I have no idea why this only happens when I try to recover, but it does. Any times for avoiding input errors? I'm using the Gamepad, btw, if that means anything. If the GC controller is really that much better, though, I might see about getting one to use in the future.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Alright, I've started playing Anther's Ladder the other day.

I'm...a lot worse than I thought I was. Even on friendlies, I keep getting two-stocked. I think part of it is that I get the case of the jitters. In For Glory, there is little actual interaction between the two players, so it doesn't really feel like I'm facing a real person. In Anther's Ladder, however, that little chat box is enough to trigger my social anxiety and make me irrationally scared of being judged. I think this is a problem I'll get over with time, though.

Another problem I make is input errors,but only when I'm trying to recover for some reason. Namely, I accidentally use Fly or Rock Smash when trying to use 'Zard's Flare Blitz, or Disable when trying to use Confusion. I also have a harder time landing on platforms when I Teleport than I should. I have no idea why this only happens when I try to recover, but it does. Any times for avoiding input errors? I'm using the Gamepad, btw, if that means anything. If the GC controller is really that much better, though, I might see about getting one to use in the future.
Don't feel too bad. I get bad anxiety when playing strangers as well. I've been screamed at and demeaned too many times IRL and I tend to only let loose around people I get to know and trust. I do better battlingin person... fighting people I don't know online makes me nervous.

As for input errors, man, I always seem to botch Teleport! I dunno what it is, but I have a hard time Teleporting at any downward angle. I guess my reaction time is slow from not playing Smash all that often these days. I played A LOT more last year, when I had friends I could fight in person.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I thought :gawmelee: had to be the last character you unlock, since you need every other character to get him. Did you just not unlock him or something?
Mewtwo was the first character I 'unlocked' in the wii u game cause I downloaded him from the get go :p

Top Bottom