• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
Thank you for answering! It's nice to know your opinion on the subject. So, if you could choose the Ice Climber's new Up-B, what would you do?
My idea would by an upward hammer swing that has low knockback, but freezes opponents solid and could be used to start combos. On the ground, you wouldn't move anywhere, but in midair, you would jump upward as you swung. However, once again, I never really played the Ice Climbers, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. What would you do?
I'm happy to oblige! The ICies really aren't getting enough support right now for being unrightfully cut, so the recognition is nice. :)

I would personally keep the rope style Up-B. Think of it as combining Yoshi's Up-B with Ivysaur's Up-B. Popo would do a little hop (Yoshi) and throw out the rope which would cling on to any ledges and have a hitbox at the tip with possibly a very small minor shine possibility (like Ivysaur).

I feel that would help retain the classic feel of the Up-B while also making it actually decent for a lone Ice Climber.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
My school gets out at 3:10, but then I have to wait for the bus, ride the bus back to my neighborhood, then walk the rest of the way.

I'll be back home around the time the direct is over, and it's going to make the bus ride back so much more unbearable.
the fastest i can get to home (without transportation) is 3:15, since school for me ends at 2:40

so then i'll wait for it to be over and watch it once it is finished so i don't miss anything.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I've got nothing to do tomorrow so I'll go for a walk before watching the direct.

Ugh...the anticipation, man...:estatic:

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well im home schooled so im clean (my school ends by 4pm) (mountain time.)

Just a quick question

Why does Y need more up than X.

I mean Y got the movie and was the first mega evolution inteoduced.

(Yet again i accidently double posted.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So Gamexplain had a discussion about the Direct and they speculated about the same thing I did: It's possible that Mewtwo might be available just right after the Direct, seeing as they've done that before. Or at least, the codes will be sent out that same day.

https://youtu.be/I_umsq78vRo

How awesome would that be? Nintendo has done that before..

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Staying up till midnight just in case the automatic emails glitch and I get my code early muahaha...
...heeeh wont happen...

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
HAH! I get out of school at 2:55! And then I walk home which...takes.....at............least 20 minutes.

..........WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EDIT: No wait, on Wednesday I get out at 1:43.

.....YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
We should all have our Club Nintendo accounts up tomorrow, just in case Mewtwo's codes are distributed via Club Nintendo first.
We wouldn't want to miss out because of crowded servers.

godogod

Smash Ace
We should all have our Club Nintendo accounts up tomorrow, just in case Mewtwo's codes are distributed via Club Nintendo first.
Watch the servers crash tomorrow in the race to redeem the Mewtwo codes.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Pretty sure it will be emailed as the instructions suggest but hey, good looking out. I'll be doing that!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Changed my image a half an hour early on a few sites, news tomorrow after all this time.
EDIT: Also, I doubt any April Fools type of thing will happen, as it'll be the 2nd in Japan by the time we get the Direct.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So that instagram photo of Sakurai saying there might be an appearance of a fighter tomorrow is fake.
www(dot)twitter(dot)com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583065841589092353

I don't speak the language by a quick google translate goes something like this:
"I found this image, is it real"
Sakurai: "It's a fake"
...I swear if we get nothing regarding Mewtwo tomorrow...

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
That smash store thing would be amazing, but I believe it's a fake...
In the disclaimer on the last pic, they say "limit 1 per customer" for a DLC pack, I mean why? This just sounds redundant and discredits those pictures completely for me

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Please no. :(

Please don't kill my hype like that.
Lol #truth

That smash store thing would be amazing, but I believe it's a fake...
In the disclaimer on the last pic, they say "limit 1 per customer" for a DLC pack, I mean why? This just sounds redundant and discredits those pictures completely for me
Not that I believe the leak but you should only have one account anyway, so it makes sense. Kind of.

Oh and the same rules apply for Mewtwo. One per customer.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Having more characters to look forward to after Mewtwo would cause so much hype.
But as for the mystery character...I wonder if it would be another veteran or a newcomer...?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Having more characters to look forward to after Mewtwo would cause so much hype.
But as for the mystery character...I wonder if it would be more veterans or a newcomer...?
i think it would be a newcomer considering its secret.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If Sakurai did change his mind about this and decided to make several DLC characters, I'd expect some sort of alternation.
Like, 2 veterans for every newcomer or something.

But that's assuming he does more Smash DLC in the first place.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
But as for the mystery character...I wonder if it would be another veteran or a newcomer...?
BAYONETTA AND SPLATOON DLC COMFIRMT

If Sakurai did change his mind about this and decided to make several DLC characters, I'd expect some sort of alternation.
Like, 2 veterans for every newcomer or something.

But that's assuming he does more Smash DLC in the first place.
I can't imagine why Nintendo wouldn't. Maybe Sakurai wouldn't want to but DLC for Smash could make Nintendo a lot of money. Nintendo wouldn't want to miss out on that the same way they didn't want to miss out on the mobile gaming market.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I can't imagine why Nintendo wouldn't. Maybe Sakurai wouldn't want to but DLC for Smash could make Nintendo a lot of money. Nintendo wouldn't want to miss out on that the same way they didn't want to miss out on the mobile gaming market.
The thing is Sakurai has made it pretty clear he is done with the game after Mewwo and he wouldn't want anyone else to touch it. I must say I would love to see more, and it would do great for Nintendo, but honestly Smash 4 is a complete game and Mewtwo, to me, is just the amazing icing on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
In the end, money talks.
If the sales for the Mewtwo DLC skyrocket Nintendo will surely make sure to keep the train-a-movin'.

To quote 2007's Reggie:
"What we are looking to make sure is to have titles launching at the right time to maintain business momentum (either for the Wii or the DS) and that is just a smart business approach"

When they see that Smash DLC brings a certain amount of momentum, they'll surely follow up on it

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
With 3 of my most wanted not-very-likely characters I wanted in Smash 4 confirmed (Lucina, Robin, Mewtwo), I pretty much have no more characters that I really want. However, I wouldn't mind more DLC. It would be nice to see other people have their liked characters make it. More characters wouldn't hurt one bit.

Top Bottom