• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Well, the fun's not gonna end after Mewtwo's released! As a matter of fact, that's when its just going to begin! We'll have so much to discover and learn about Mewtwo, and he'll be so much fun to talk about and use! Don't think of Mewtwo's release as the end. Think of it as a new beginning:).

Gosh, I sound so cheesy right now.
your right haha just hope he has his armored suit

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I wake up to see that this thread has exploded lol If they do actually talk about Mewtwo (which Im sure they will) then I got this special gif I've been saving for this special occasion.
If that ends up being mewtwo entering the smash room in front of ridleys face

Thats going to be so funny

(But i can't wait to see it.)

But its a lock mewtwo will indeed be talked about/gameplay shown at this direct

https://instagram.com/p/05jx16hsFt/
And this is why

@ skylanders fan skylanders fan
It could happen but its a low chance.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
YES!!! I didn't play Ruby or its remake, but I played Emerald, Sapphire, and AS. I know exactly how you feel. The music popping up in the Kyogre/Rayquaza cutscene was just like in the originals, simply amazing. It's a remix, but I love how you can still hear parts of the original theme in it. I still listen to it on YouTube and I love it. The fight was just like the original for me too. Kyogre was ridiculously hard for me to catch back then because I was a scrub. Now, it still was hard because I vowed to only use the original PokeBalls. Rayquaza was easy in the originals because master ball. It was super easy in AS for some weird reason.
I know right! Remixes are the best. Had a similar feeling when battling Mewtwo or one of the legendary birds in XY.

I have actually adopted the same ideal as you with Pokeballs. Everything has to be caught in them. If I remember correctly I haven't used a Masterball since Platinum.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Well, the fun's not gonna end after Mewtwo's released! As a matter of fact, that's when its just going to begin! We'll have so much to discover and learn about Mewtwo, and he'll be so much fun to talk about and use! Don't think of Mewtwo's release as the end. Think of it as a new beginning:).

Gosh, I sound so cheesy right now.
Absolutely. This marks the first time in Smash history a new fighter is joining the roster post-release. It's all the excitement of another character choice and set of matchups combined with the celebration of a former cut's return. We'll have to find all the moveset changes, play around, collect Mewtwo's trophies, learn techniques and combos, all that jazz. We might be getting our new stage and tourney mode updates, too, and there's always a small chance of a balance patch. It's an exciting time!

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Absolutely. This marks the first time in Smash history a new fighter is joining the roster post-release. It's all the excitement of another character choice and set of matchups combined with the celebration of a former cut's return. We'll have to find all the moveset changes, play around, collect Mewtwo's trophies, learn techniques and combos, all that jazz. We might be getting our new stage and tourney mode updates, too, and there's always a small chance of a balance patch. It's an exciting time!
heres hoping we get stage dlc too! :o

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I be from '95, also, I shall change my images on some sites, but ONLY once midnight hits (CST). Speaking of which, I believe the Direct starts at 5PM CST.

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
I thought I would find a lot of happiness here! I wasn't really all that excited for Mewtwo, since I was always an IceClimbers gal myself but reading everything that's been going is getting me hype and I will now definitely be trying Mewtwo out when he comes out for paid DLC!

You've made a believer out of me!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
heres hoping we get stage dlc too! :o
How would you feel if that Dr. Mario stage that never got finished was added? Like, with new tracks and everything? As a Dr. Mario main, I'd absolutely adore it, but I'm interested in other people's thoughts on the matter.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
A helpful Nintendo Direct North America guide:
3:00 PM/15:00 Pacific
4:00 PM/16:00 Mountain
5:00 PM/17:00 Central
6:00 PM/18:00 Eastern

Hope this helps everyone!

Danpal65

Smash Lord
A helpful Nintendo Direct North America guide:
3:00 PM/15:00 Pacific
4:00 PM/16:00 Mountain
5:00 PM/17:00 Central
6:00 PM/18:00 Eastern

Hope this helps everyone!
Just to add to this, for people in Australia the Nintendo Direct starts at 9am on April 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I thought I would find a lot of happiness here! I wasn't really all that excited for Mewtwo, since I was always an IceClimbers gal myself but reading everything that's been going is getting me hype and I will now definitely be trying Mewtwo out when he comes out for paid DLC!

You've made a believer out of me!
Glad we could help out! We're always glad to welcome a new member into the family!
If you don't mind too much, I do have a question I'd like to ask you. As person who played and enjoyed the Ice Climbers, how would you feel if Popo returned going it alone, with Nana as an Alt. Costume and with a modified moveset in order to make him viable? I personally would like to see it happen, but I never played the Ice Climbers, so I thought that I'd get an Ice Climbers player's opinion.

The Petalburg

Smash Rookie
Glad we could help out! We're always glad to welcome a new member into the family!
If you don't mind too much, I do have a question I'd like to ask you. As person who played and enjoyed the Ice Climbers, how would you feel if Popo returned going it alone, with Nana as an Alt. Costume and with a modified moveset in order to make him viable? I personally would like to see it happen, but I never played the Ice Climbers, so I thought that I'd get an Ice Climbers player's opinion.
Yeah, I saw that on this thread a couple pages back.

Umm, you know, it honestly would not be the same. It wouldn't REALLY be the ICies. It would be Popo and in alternate cases, Nana. Which is a shame because I really like saying ICies :p.

But it's also the ICies. I really love 'em. I figure the only move that would need some real reworking would be their Up-B, and everything else would be relatively the same, just buffed to be up to par with the other fighters.

While it wouldn't be the same, I would still be really happy to have them back and I would honestly probably end up abandoning Duck Hunt and Dark Pit making them my mains once again. :p

I would be really happy to have them back anyway I can.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just Googled Mewtwo to see if any of the images stick out to me as a potential avatar.
Apparently I forgot to make sure Safe Search was still on.

Ew. What is wrong with the internet?
Good thing I stopped before coming across anything too nasty.
okay changed my avatar but glad that this fourm has been so fun with you guys cant imagine this without you guys but born in '99 so hyped thanks for the fun its always a blast here
Woah, that's a pretty cool avatar.
I'd say I like it better then both of Mewtwo's megas combined, but it IS both of Mewtwo's megas combined, so...

Last edited:

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Can't believe that tomorrow is What A Bunch Of Jokers Day! Have fun with the pranks, but let's not lose our heads, though!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm not going to change my avatar because I like my fan character.

however i will have a profile pic of all my mains and Dash the Turtle.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
this is gonna be one long day of school
My school gets out at 3:10, but then I have to wait for the bus, ride the bus back to my neighborhood, then walk the rest of the way.

I'll be back home around the time the direct is over, and it's going to make the bus ride back so much more unbearable.

D

Deleted member

this is gonna be one long day of school
I'm gonna be in school listening to the direct, and if I'm allowed to leave class early and the direct started, I will sit there and act like I'm working on my work until it's done

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah, I saw that on this thread a couple pages back.

Umm, you know, it honestly would not be the same. It wouldn't REALLY be the ICies. It would be Popo and in alternate cases, Nana. Which is a shame because I really like saying ICies :p.

But it's also the ICies. I really love 'em. I figure the only move that would need some real reworking would be their Up-B, and everything else would be relatively the same, just buffed to be up to par with the other fighters.

While it wouldn't be the same, I would still be really happy to have them back and I would honestly probably end up abandoning Duck Hunt and Dark Pit making them my mains once again. :p

I would be really happy to have them back anyway I can.
Thank you for answering! It's nice to know your opinion on the subject. So, if you could choose the Ice Climber's new Up-B, what would you do?
My idea would by an upward hammer swing that has low knockback, but freezes opponents solid and could be used to start combos. On the ground, you wouldn't move anywhere, but in midair, you would jump upward as you swung. However, once again, I never really played the Ice Climbers, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. What would you do?

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
My school gets out at 3:10, but then I have to wait for the bus, ride the bus back to my neighborhood, then walk the rest of the way.

I'll be back home around the time the direct is over, and it's going to make the bus ride back so much more unbearable.
wow that stinks i will be finished eating then get my tablet watcht the direct on my computerhave this fourm up spaming f5 for amiibo and mewtwo

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Dang it. 3 o'clock. I'll still be at work... Looks like i'll have to find a good hiding place to constantly be checking my phone hahahah.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I want Mewtwo's evil laugh as a taunt again
I agree. That spinning laugh was so awesome! However, considering how popular it is among Mewtwo fans and the Smash community in general, I feel like it'll almost certainly return. Even if Mewtwo is Femtwo, I feel like that taunt's popularity will win out and she'll have some sort of laugh, be it evil or just a giggle. Also, if Dr. Mario is any indication, Melee veterans will keep their one taunt from Melee, in addition to gaining two new ones so as to be on par with the rest of the cast.

Also, this week's my Spring Break, so I don't have to worry about school this week. Hahaha!:p

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I feel your pain dude, I start school when the direct starts :(

3PM PT > 9AM AEST
I cri evertim ;_;

Top Bottom