• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
If mewtwo turns out to be bottom tier, would you guys still main him?

btw this is my 1st time posting in the mewtwo board.
Don't care about tiers, as long as he looks awesome and has potential. Though if he'll be bottom tier, I'd prefer he has an all new moveset. If he keeps his olf moveset I'd prefer him mid tier. But in the end, it doesn't matter. He was my main, he will always be my main.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I dont care if Mewtwo is top-tier and everyone hates me or if he's low-tier and I keep losing. I dont care if people are annoyed Im contributing to the waves of Mewtwo on For Glory there pretty much inevitably will be. I dont care bout nothin! Long as Mewtwo is pretty much the same as melee in personality and style, Im playin him lots and lots!

Danpal65

Smash Lord

I don't really think it matters what tier Mewtwo is honestly. Personally, I will play Mewtwo because he is Mewtwo and enjoy him as a character. Besides, tiers aren't a prevalent in this game as previous entries.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Absolutely, no questions asked. Tiers mean absolutely nothing to me. Plus, being low tier in Smash 4 isn't as bad as being low tier in other games in the series. Smash 4's balance is well done to the point that almost any, if not all, characters stand a fighting chance against any of the other characters on the roster. The reason I'm going to main Mewtwo, obviously, is because I like him as a character.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I'll be very happy if he ends being as good as Ness i.e. viable without being overpowered.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
It just struck me... I can't believe we're actually going to see Mewtwo in action AGAIN, after FOURTEEN YEARS of wait, in a little more than 24 hours...

It's a great time to be a Mewtwo fan :)
i know right, my dream is fufilled i can die happy now

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I'd like Mewtwo to be either high tier or around where ROB is for me personally.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
tires don exits

Yes, I would still main him. I don't care if he's low tier. I have nothing else to say because it's Mewtwo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
tires don exits

Yes, I would still main him. I don't care if he's low tier. I have nothing else to say because it's Mewtwo.
Y'know, I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile, but now seems like an appropriate time. What exactly is your avatar? It looks like Mewtwo, but I'm not completely sure.
If it's Mewtwo, then that's awesome! If it isn't Mewtwo... Well, then it's still awesome!

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Mewtwo will be in my rotation of characters no matter what, but I would obviously like him to be a worthy combatant. I'm the biggest Pokemon fan since Rotom-S, and Mewtwo is one of the most iconic mons there is. A few tweaks would give him a fighting chance, and considering the overall game balance in this game I'm sure he'll turn out plenty fine. I'm still impressed by the smaller gap between the highly-competitive fighters and perceived weaker characters: no one is completely garbage this time around. Mewtwo has the bones of a strong fighter if they keep him similar to Melee (good throws, mobility, etc.) and fix some of his flaws (slightly heavier, improved specials, etc.), but we will see soon enough.

Sidebar: I'd like to see a pink, Mew shoutout costume for our boy. I've always slightly preferred the original to the clone because of the mismatch between its cuddly, adorable appearance and the phenomenal cosmic power it wields. They work really well thematically as a duo, and Mewtwo is obviously the superior fighter choice in both the original Pokemon games and in the Smash universe.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Much more then how good Mewtwo is relating to tiers (cause really even "bottom tiers" can fend themselves fine in this game) I'm much more worried about Mewtwo's voice...yknow, after seeing what happened to Lucario, Fox, and some others

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Mewtwo will be in my rotation of characters no matter what, but I would obviously like him to be a worthy combatant. I'm the biggest Pokemon fan since Rotom-S, and Mewtwo is one of the most iconic mons there is. A few tweaks would give him a fighting chance, and considering the overall game balance in this game I'm sure he'll turn out plenty fine. I'm still impressed by the smaller gap between the highly-competitive fighters and perceived weaker characters: no one is completely garbage this time around. Mewtwo has the bones of a strong fighter if they keep him similar to Melee (good throws, mobility, etc.) and fix some of his flaws (slightly heavier, improved specials, etc.), but we will see soon enough.
I totally agree with you here. Sakurai certainly created a much more balanced game this time round. Even if he is in the "lower" tiers he will still be good enough to be enjoyable and usable, which is great. :b:

Much more then how good Mewtwo is relating to tiers (cause really even "bottom tiers" can fend themselves fine in this game) I'm much more worried about Mewtwo's voice...yknow, after seeing what happened to Lucario, Fox, and some others
His voice is a point of slight concern. I hope he keeps either his Melee voice or possibly has more animalistic tones similar to Origins.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Lucario's has grown on me...but Fox?...not so much.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Lucario's voice is different? I thought it was always the same. It sounds like the one from the movie... I'm still expecting movie one Mewtwo, or something that sounds like him.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
when Mewtwo does come, when ever I go online i'm going to play as all my mains shown on my profile (from debut in smash), then the final challenger to face from me is Mewtwo, cause i'm going to main him.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I never really understood why everybody hates Fox's voice. I agree that it doesn't exactly fit his model, but it's still very distinctly Fox-sounding, at least to me. I mean, its his Star Fox 64 3D voice. I actually think it sounds pretty cool, although it doesn't precisely fit Fox's model.
Lucario's honestly doesn't sound that different to me. Just deeper. I think its fine, and I personally think that it sounds better than his Brawl voice and fits Lucario better.

Now, all that said, nothing Fox will ever say will beat his "MISHUN CUMPLEET!!" from Melee. That quote was God-like.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I never really understood why everybody hates Fox's voice. I agree that it doesn't exactly fit his model, but it's still very distinctly Fox-sounding, at least to me. I mean, its his Star Fox 64 3D voice. I actually think it sounds pretty cool, although it doesn't precisely fit Fox's model.
Lucario's honestly doesn't sound that different to me. Just deeper. I think its fine, and I personally think that it sounds better than his Brawl voice and fits Lucario better.

Now, all that said, nothing Fox will ever say will beat his "MISHUN CUMPLEET!!" from Melee. That quote was God-like.
I think the main problem people have is that the voice is kind of jarring when his model from Brawl pretty much carried over, but his voice was completely different. I don't mind it, but when my friends first heard it they were kind of thrown by it.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Y'know, I've been meaning to ask you this for awhile, but now seems like an appropriate time. What exactly is your avatar? It looks like Mewtwo, but I'm not completely sure.
If it's Mewtwo, then that's awesome! If it isn't Mewtwo... Well, then it's still awesome!
Yeah it's Mewtwo. Doesn't look exactly like him but I'm a sucker for realistic Pokemon art and I liked that one the most out of the ones I saw on Google.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yeah it's Mewtwo. Doesn't look like exactly like him but
I'm a sucker for realistic Pokemon art and I liked that one the most out of the ones I saw on Google.
You know what's better than realistic Pokémon? Presidential Pokémon! Winning by a landslide, I am proud to introduce to you, your new president, Martwo Van Buren!

Of course, I voted for Barack Obamasnow.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry to stoop into your domain, @ --- --- , but I think a good rally is a good thing. :p

You know what'd be great? To celebrate Mewtwo, everyone change your avatars to Mewtwo. That way, when people inevitably screenshot people's reactions during the Direct, it'll show just how much support Mewtwo has. I feel everyone having similar avatars like that, even for just one day, might be a neat little thing to bring the community together a bit. :)

Just a thought I had, haha. Not sure what spurred it on.
I'm good. I have other plans for tomorrow. ;)

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to stoop into your domain, @ --- --- , but I think a good rally is a good thing. :p

You know what'd be great? To celebrate Mewtwo, everyone change your avatars to Mewtwo. That way, when people inevitably screenshot people's reactions during the Direct, it'll show just how much support Mewtwo has. I feel everyone having similar avatars like that, even for just one day, might be a neat little thing to bring the community together a bit. :)

Just a thought I had, haha. Not sure what spurred it on.
Done and done! :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm good. I have other plans for tomorrow. ;)
I'm sure they're noble plans regardless! Wouldn't want you to have to jump through lots of hoops just to change your avatar! :laugh:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Sure, I'll change my avatar for the occasion.
Totally going to change it again once Mewtwo is out with an expressive look on his face (as expressive that he can get in Sm4sh, who knows).

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Another '92 here. We were in the prime age demographic for getting hooked on both Pokemon and Smash, I'm not terribly surprised that there are so many of us.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finally caught up with the thread.
Jeez, if it's this active today, how many post will I have to read tomorrow?

Also, I'm from '97.
I'm the biggest Pokemon fan since Rotom-S
I see what you did there.

Last edited:

CeruleanFlow

Smash Cadet
NNID
CeruleanFlow
'96 here! Wish I was '92 though, would've gotten to play more Red and Blue when they were fresh.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
It's funny that there's a ten to fifteen year difference between the oldest and youngest people on this thread, but no one really notices because age doesn't stand out on the internet.

It seems we are all bound by a common love of Mewtwo.

Top Bottom