• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
OMG I FINALLY WAKE UP TO SEE A FREAKING DIRECT ANNOUNCED

YES!!

THE WAIT'S COMING TO AN END!

But wait... What if they actually DON'T say anything about Mewtwo?! At this point it's kind of impossible but... What if? D:
It's impossible. Sakurai won't be able to face the riots..

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
OMG I FINALLY WAKE UP TO SEE A FREAKING DIRECT ANNOUNCED

YES!!

THE WAIT'S COMING TO AN END!

But wait... What if they actually DON'T say anything about Mewtwo?! At this point it's kind of impossible but... What if? D:

Don't worry, he will, Sakurai just posted on Twitter saying a particular fighter may show up.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Don't worry, he will, Sakurai just posted on Twitter saying a particular fighter may show up.
OMG really?! Where can I see the tweet?!

AAAGHH THE HYPE IS TOO STRONG TO HANDLE. Lucas!! Where are you?! I need someone to freeze me until tomorrow!!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Igzex THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS NEARLY UPON US. THE WINNER IS DETERMINED BY WHAT GENDER VOICE MEWTWO HAS. YOU WILL BE BEATEN.
I win either way.

Yes Spoon Sword: Awesomesauce
No Spoon Sword: Sakurai cares about balance

:troll:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Somehow I'm getting the idea that we may get a double feature and get a second character, but at the same time I'm expecting only Mewtwo.
Yeah, this is a pretty big announcement. Nintendo's probably going to ride on it as far as they can. It's going to spread like wildfire. I wonder if it'll get pirated before release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second character either. Since it takes a lot of work to make DLC, they wouldn't want the length of time between releases to drag on. They a little space in order make more, y'know. People should respect that instead if being selfish, evil beasts. We wouldn't want Sakurai to hire some bounty hunter to take them down, LOL. That would probably make his boss mad. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight by getting off track, so I'll just say that I expect a second character, too. I don't know who, though. We're at the tail end of the wait, so we'll know soon enough. Just keep your eyes peeled, neck craned, and head out of the clouds, and you'll be fine. Gah, I'm so happy, I could just get up and fly!

Last edited:

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
But Damn! If he gets a trailer, who will he be fighting! Will it be Lucario, all Pokemon, (Snake), What kind of Music will they put in it :O:O:O I'm Hyped again :D

C3CC

Smash Lord
Yeah, this is a pretty big announcement. Nintendo's probably going to ride on it as far as they can. It's going to spread like wildfire. I wonder if it'll get pirated before release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second character either. Since it takes a lot of work to make DLC, they wouldn't want the length of time between releases to drag on. They a little space in order make more, y'know. People should respect that instead if being selfish, evil beasts. We wouldn't want Sakurai to hire some bounty hunter to take them down, LOL. That would probably make his boss mad. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight by getting off track, so I'll just say that I expect a second character, too. I don't who, though. We're at the tail end of the wait, so we'll know soon enough. Just keep your eyes peeled, neck craned, and head out of the clouds, and you'll be fine. Gah, I'm so happy, I could just get up and fly!
I see what you did there :troll:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Yeah, this is a pretty big announcement. Nintendo's probably going to ride on it as far as they can. It's going to spread like wildfire. I wonder if it'll get pirated before release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second character either. Since it takes a lot of work to make DLC, they wouldn't want the length of time between releases to drag on. They a little space in order make more, y'know. People should respect that instead if being selfish, evil beasts. We wouldn't want Sakurai to hire some bounty hunter to take them down, LOL. That would probably make his boss mad. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight by getting off track, so I'll just say that I expect a second character, too. I don't who, though. We're at the tail end of the wait, so we'll know soon enough. Just keep your eyes peeled, neck craned, and head out of the clouds, and you'll be fine. Gah, I'm so happy, I could just get up and fly!
King K. Rool, Spyro, Boba Fett and a giraffe confirmed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is this the obvious theme of Sylux's nonexistent reveal trailer where Sylux fights Ridley and wins?

Sounded like it.

C3CC

Smash Lord
It just struck me... I can't believe we're actually going to see Mewtwo in action AGAIN, after FOURTEEN YEARS of wait, in a little more than 24 hours...

It's a great time to be a Mewtwo fan :)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It just struck me... I can't believe we're actually going to see Mewtwo in action AGAIN, after FOURTEEN YEARS of wait, in a little more than 24 hours...

It's a great time to be a Mewtwo fan :)
Wow has it really been 14 years? I feel old being so young maining him in Melee.. well it hasn't struck me yet. I'm hyped as f*** but it hasn't sunk in that we're actually getting Mewtwo..

C3CC

Smash Lord
Wow has it really been 14 years? I feel old being so young maining him in Melee.. well it hasn't struck me yet. I'm hyped as f*** but it hasn't sunk in that we're actually getting Mewtwo..
Yes, Melee was released in 2001. I was only 9! I'm 22 now and I don't think I've ever been this excited (well, maybe when Rosalina was revealed). I mean, after being crushed about him not being in Brawl and in Smash 4 on the initial roster, after all the teasing, after all the tear-drinking jokes... We get the last laugh. It feels so cool!!!! I'm going to be MAD if the leak is right about the June release... But whatever. He's coming after all :')

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Yeah, this is a pretty big announcement. Nintendo's probably going to ride on it as far as they can. It's going to spread like wildfire. I wonder if it'll get pirated before release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second character either. Since it takes a lot of work to make DLC, they wouldn't want the length of time between releases to drag on. They a little space in order make more, y'know. People should respect that instead if being selfish, evil beasts. We wouldn't want Sakurai to hire some bounty hunter to take them down, LOL. That would probably make his boss mad. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight by getting off track, so I'll just say that I expect a second character, too. I don't know who, though. We're at the tail end of the wait, so we'll know soon enough. Just keep your eyes peeled, neck craned, and head out of the clouds, and you'll be fine. Gah, I'm so happy, I could just get up and fly!
Yeah, it's been great to see the Smash games evolve over time. I'm always fired up for the next one in anticipation. It's always shocking to see what new characters are added to each game. Now with the possibility of DLC, we can have our minds blown by Mr. Sakurai even after release. I wonder what dark secrets he's hiding about this game. You know, it'd be pretty cold of Sakurai to not include at least one more fighter in tomorrow's Direct. I'm fairy excited to see what Nintendo's got in store in general. Can you beleaf it, though? I hope this isn't Sakurai's last Smash game. I wouldn't want anyone wet behind the ears to do such a big game.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Yeah, it's been great to see the Smash games evolve over time. I'm always fired up for the next one in anticipation. It's always shocking to see what new characters are added to each game. Now with the possibility of DLC, we can have our minds blown by Mr. Sakurai even after release. I wonder what dark secrets he's hiding about this game. You know, it'd be pretty cold of Sakurai to not include at least one more fighter in tomorrow's Direct. I'm fairy excited to see what Nintendo's got in store in general. Can you beleaf it, though? I hope this isn't Sakurai's last Smash game. I wouldn't want anyone wet behind the ears to do such a big game.
There's a door.

Go use it. :)

(JK, awesome puns)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Remember when y'all first unlocked him in Melee? Melee was my first console game and I was pretty little so I wasn't really good at the internet or had a lot of access to it. I unlocked everything spoiler free! Because Mewtwo was unlocked by playing for 24 hours, I finally saw him after a few weeks or months and wow, Pokemon R/B/Y was the first game I played (while it was my sis') and I saw the mewtwo movie, so seeing him with his cool godly effortless moveset in smash was quite awesome but made me nervous! Playing as him...all that power muahaha, aw it was awesome!

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Playing as him...all that power muahaha, aw it was awesome!
Those are pretty unfitting words to describe Melee Mewtwo.

Now that it's likely we'll see something pertaining to him, my biggest concern is how good he is. I really hope he's nothing like Melee Mewtwo. Already most of this game's newcomers I like are pretty crappy.

Last edited:

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
There's a door.

Go use it. :)

(JK, awesome puns)
With Bowser Jr.'s different alts consisting of the Koopalings, who's to say they couldn't have the Eeveelutions do something similar? There are exactly 8, which is the number of costumes, including default, a character has in Smash (sans Little Mac).

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The best part about him being included as DLC is that now there's a really good chance he'll be in Smash 5 (since the Smash 4 data will probably be transferred over). So he could be here to stay!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The best part about him being included as DLC is that now there's a really good chance he'll be in Smash 5 (since the Smash 4 data will probably be transferred over). So he could be here to stay!
After the fiasco with Brawl and the temporary ordeal with Smash 4, I feel like Mewtwo's inclusion in the base game is pretty much a given from here on out.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
With Bowser Jr.'s different alts consisting of the Koopalings, who's to say they couldn't have the Eeveelutions do something similar? There are exactly 8, which is the number of costumes, including default, a character has in Smash (sans Little Mac).
It would depend on the moveset

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
It's been a wild ride, you guys--
Well, actually, not quite that wild; more like impatience after Mewtwo's confirmation, but I digress.
--But it's finally coming to an end. I kinda wish I was more active on this thread after the confirmation, to share my own buttload of speculation, but I definitely will be after Mewtwo's release.

Mewtwo's probably the only character in Smash who can immediately claim my secondary main spot (which currently belongs to Kirby) without even having any remote information about its playstyle released. (It'll never be able to take Sonic's spot at #1 for me soz). We'll have that issue fixed, tomorrow, though. Not even going to debate if information about it is going to be given.

Also, I can easily agree that Mewtwo is likely going to remain a staple in the Smash series as a character....that is, assuming that there will be more games. I believe there will be, but daddy Sakurai's obviously tired, and he's kinda in a lose-lose situation if he's keeping the series alive.

Finally, damn, I can't believe it's been so long since Mewtwo has been relevant in the core Smash universe. I got Melee a couple of years after its release, so it's been around 10 years for me since I first unlocked it. Either way, I was freaking 8 then, and now I've just become a freaking adult about to see this guy in action again. Darn it, just typing that last sentence makes me want to tear up for some reason.

Last edited:

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
It would depend on the moveset
Give moves a different visual property, depending on the alt. Like, Vaporeon uses Water Gun, Jolteon uses Thunder Shock, Flareon uses Ember, Espeon uses Psybeam, Umbreon uses Dark Pulse, Leafeon uses Razor Leaf, Glaceon uses Powder Snow or Ice Beam, and Sylveon uses Fairy Wind, as an example. The moves have all the same properties, except for how they look.

Top Bottom