• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
So this thing:
Not overly happy with the single Ice Climber if it is real but I highly doubt it is real.
Woah what?
This would be pretty cool if its real...........kinda doubting it though.
EDIT:The 8th? EtyghfsawHFMWdvzg
no pls. I want mewtwo now lol

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Woah what?
This would be pretty cool if its real...........kinda doubting it though.
The problem is it ruins what made the Ice Climbers unique. Having an AI partner and a reliance on it to maximise potential.
Plus the models look kinda rubbish.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So this thing:
Not overly happy with the single Ice Climber if it is real but I highly doubt it is real.
Too many polygons, and why would Popo by himself be referred to as"Ice Climbers"? I get Nana is an alt and it can refer to how theyre both back but still. Wolf and Popo look exactly the same as their Brawl appearances too, yeah it aint real obviously, but it would be cool to get a new character each month... Or would it be cooler to have em all released at once in some pack? Hm. I think I'd prefer a pack personally.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Too many polygons, and why would Popo by himself be referred to as"Ice Climbers"? I get Nana is an alt and it can refer to how theyre both back but still. Wolf and Popo look exactly the same as their Brawl appearances too, yeah it aint real obviously, but it would be cool to get a new character each month... Or would it be cooler to have em all released at once in some pack? Hm. I think I'd prefer a pack personally.
They could do what they did with the MK 8 dlc and have a bundle go up for them at a cheaper price.
And watch as everyone praises it whilst ****ting on the Kombat Pack for MK X.

Where did you find this?
Character Discussion thread.
it pertains to Mewtwo so I shared it here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They could do what they did with the MK 8 dlc and have a bundle go up for them at a cheaper price.
And watch as everyone praises it whilst ****ting on the Kombat Pack for MK X.

Character Discussion thread.
it pertains to Mewtwo so I shared it here.
Ok, any idea where they found it? Just wondering since I haven't seen those character models before

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ok, any idea where they found it? Just wondering since I haven't seen those character models before
They're trying to get the link. Might take a while though because some devices are really crappy at links and stuff.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
What even is "Smash 3"?

(Also, the line "his sister Nana" gives it away immediately. The creator of Ice Climber deliberately left it ambiguous whether or not they were siblings, friends, or lovers.)

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Last edited:

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
HOLY MEWTWO'S WRATH! YES!!! I WILL BE WATCHING THE DIRECT FROM ETIKA'S STREAM!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So this thing:
I highly doubt this is real. Everybody else pretty much said everything that I was going to say earlier, though. Wolf's model is his Smash 3 model, Mewtwo's model is really blocky, especially the tail, and Nana is referred to as Popo's sister, when, in reality, their relationship is deliberately left ambiguous. Sakurai wouldn't let his own opinion slip out so obviously like that.
Also, I'm not sure, but I think Mewtwo's model might be his original Smash 3 model, and Popo's model might be his Smash 3 model, as well.

All of that said, though, I wouldn't mind seeing Popo going solo as DLC in this game, provided he has Nana as an Alt. I actually think it'd be really cool. I mean, yes, he loses what made him unique in the process, but solo Popo is better than no Popo, right? In any event, if this were to happen, it would most likely make the Ice Climbers higher priority in Smash 5, as well, so I don't see a reason not to make solo Popo DLC. Especially when the only thing preventing the Ice Climbers from returning was technical limitations.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm waiting for Sakurai to show up during the direct and say "Unfortunately Mewtwo will be the only DLC character in this iteration of Smash Bros... Nah, I'm only kidding."

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's not even Sakurai's to begin with. He sees them as lovers.
Huh. I didn't know that. That's nice to know, and it's pretty cool, too. I see them as lovers, as well. Anyway, since that's not even Sakurai's opinion, that's a double hit to the "leak." Like I said before, I highly doubt that it's real.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Somehow I'm getting the idea that we may get a double feature and get a second character, but at the same time I'm expecting only Mewtwo.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Guys, Sakurai just tweeted: a particular fighter may be making an appearance.

This is it!!!!!!!!!! Finally after so much time, it's finally it!
MEWTWO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

SAKURAI HAS DELIVERED
@Igzex THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS NEARLY UPON US. THE WINNER IS DETERMINED BY WHAT GENDER VOICE MEWTWO HAS. YOU WILL BE BEATEN.
Putting my money on male. :y

Last edited:

Spirst

@Igzex THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS NEARLY UPON US. THE WINNER IS DETERMINED BY WHAT GENDER VOICE MEWTWO HAS. YOU WILL BE BEATEN.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The problem is it ruins what made the Ice Climbers unique. Having an AI partner and a reliance on it to maximise potential.
Plus the models look kinda rubbish.
To be fair, the Zelda/Shiek transformation was unique as well. I actually loved that and still miss it.. don't care much for Phantom Slash. Not that I believe this leak.

Anyway, back to Mewtwo..

MEWTWOOOOOOOOO

Somehow I'm getting the idea that we may get a double feature and get a second character, but at the same time I'm expecting only Mewtwo.
I feel like he's gonna debut a false surprise then when we're like.. but WHERE'S MEWTWO?! *JK insert Mewtwo trailer*

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
OMG I FINALLY WAKE UP TO SEE A FREAKING DIRECT ANNOUNCED

YES!!

THE WAIT'S COMING TO AN END!

But wait... What if they actually DON'T say anything about Mewtwo?! At this point it's kind of impossible but... What if? D:

Top Bottom