• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Because anything east of the UK is only wannabe Europe, obviously :p

UK isn't the only country in Europe that will have it on April 1st you know... France for example, is only one hour ahead, not two.

(And before you say "That's midnight! And that counts as the next day!" incorrect, 00:01 counts as the next day, very confusing I know, google it. =P)

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Not sure if you guys know, but there is also a Treehouse Live showing off a Spring 2015 game after the Direct. Hoping for Splatoon.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yes, Melee was released in 2001. I was only 9! I'm 22 now and I don't think I've ever been this excited (well, maybe when Rosalina was revealed). I mean, after being crushed about him not being in Brawl and in Smash 4 on the initial roster, after all the teasing, after all the tear-drinking jokes... We get the last laugh. It feels so cool!!!! I'm going to be MAD if the leak is right about the June release... But whatever. He's coming after all :')
June relase? I doubt that's happening. Sakurai said soon, and June is not soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the codes started getting distributed tonight honestly, or tomorrow night.

But yes, after all the let downs and doubts people had, I'm glad to say... HA. HE'S IN! MY MAIN IS BACK!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Give moves a different visual property, depending on the alt. Like, Vaporeon uses Water Gun, Jolteon uses Thunder Shock, Flareon uses Ember, Espeon uses Psybeam, Umbreon uses Dark Pulse, Leafeon uses Razor Leaf, Glaceon uses Powder Snow or Ice Beam, and Sylveon uses Fairy Wind, as an example. The moves have all the same properties, except for how they look.
I actually wouldn't mind this, but I do foresee one problem. Ice attacks can freeze opponents, and electric attacks have 1.5x the hitstun of normal attacks. Unlike other elements, ice and electric attacks aren't purely visual. They actually have unique properties that can be used in different ways. So, therefore, Jolteon, Glaceon, and possibly Espeon, depending on whether or not her attacks are normal, electric, or magical, would wind up being either inferior or superior to the other Eeveelutions, depending on whether the ice and electric elements compliment or detract from her playstyle. In order for your idea to go off without a hitch, you'd need ensure that no attacks have elemental properties. I don't know if you'd be OK with that or not, though.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Give moves a different visual property, depending on the alt. Like, Vaporeon uses Water Gun, Jolteon uses Thunder Shock, Flareon uses Ember, Espeon uses Psybeam, Umbreon uses Dark Pulse, Leafeon uses Razor Leaf, Glaceon uses Powder Snow or Ice Beam, and Sylveon uses Fairy Wind, as an example. The moves have all the same properties, except for how they look.
It would be weird seeing a fire move have normal effects

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Nintendo - "We've got a Direct coming tomorrow!"

*Iwata comes on stage*

Iwata - "Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. has been cancelled. It's April Fools, so please understand."

:troll:

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
I actually wouldn't mind this, but I do foresee one problem. Ice attacks can freeze opponents, and electric attacks have 1.5x the hitstun of normal attacks. Unlike other elements, ice and electric attacks aren't purely visual. They actually have unique properties that can be used in different ways. So, therefore, Jolteon, Glaceon, and possibly Espeon, depending on whether or not her attacks are normal, electric, or magical, would wind up being either inferior or superior to the other Eeveelutions, depending on whether the ice and electric elements compliment or detract from her playstyle. In order for your idea to go off without a hitch, you'd need ensure that no attacks have elemental properties. I don't know if you'd be OK with that or not, though.
>Espeon
>Her
fite me

Also, I said visual properties, not elemental properties. Hitting an opponent with, say, Flareon's Ember won't leave them covered in flames after.

Banette

Smash Cadet
UK isn't the only country in Europe that will have it on April 1st you know... France for example, is only one hour ahead, not two.

(And before you say "That's midnight! And that counts as the next day!" incorrect, 00:01 counts as the next day, very confusing I know, google it. =P)
I beg to differ, but that discussion will get us nowhere; fact of the matter is that the Dutch site advertises the direct as being on the 2nd - even though any timeframe from a split second to an entire minute of it may fall on the 1st - which lead to me making my, admittedly not very meaningful, post.

Well... The actual reason to post was that I needed something to say here, as I did feel the need to express my joy now that I may finally reasonably expect us to receive information pertaining Mewtwo, other than how "he should be here soon". I'm excited to hear whether there will be other downloadable content that comes with it (additional stages, music, alternate costumes for existing characters, or even characters entirely new?), and I'm on team male for Mewtwo's voice by the way.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Tell me about it, the hype has me going insane, hopefully I can sleep tonight so that I can watch the direct tomorrow without falling asleep! Personally I'd prefer it if the DLC added only veterans, not newcomers, I'd prefer them to save their newcomers for the next installment. :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Those are pretty unfitting words to describe Melee Mewtwo.

Now that it's likely we'll see something pertaining to him, my biggest concern is how good he is. I really hope he's nothing like Melee Mewtwo. Already most of this game's newcomers I like are pretty crappy.
Oh c'mon I didnt know about wavedashing and stuff when I was like 6 or 7. Mewtwo still feels awesome in that game though, I hope they dont change too much, just some hitboxes, effects, make down-b a shield breaker and maybe more aerial knockback or cause a tumble like they just got footstooled, etc.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nintendo - "We've got a Direct coming tomorrow!"

*Iwata comes on stage*

Iwata - "Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. has been cancelled. It's April Fools, so please understand."

:troll:
No, Iwata! I'm sick of you and your stupid excuses! I will NOT understand! You're going to get what's coming to you! 7 long years of accumulated hatred is coming for you, Iwata! Do you hear me? I'm coming for YOU!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well then...it seems Sakurai has gone ahead and confirmed Mewtwo's first game play appearance.
It's been a wild ride guys, but it seems like we're just about to reach the finale! <3 <3

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Well then...it seems Sakurai has gone ahead and confirmed Mewtwo's first game play appearance.
It's been a wild ride guys, but it seems like we're just about to reach the finale! <3 <3
Not a finale, a new beginning where we celebrate Mewtwo and become master Mewtwo mains!

Spirst

I hope Mewtwo wasn't changed much. I just want more damage dealt per hit, more KO power, more combo potential, faster airspeed, faster groundspeed, heavier weight, more range, altered specials, and tweaked animations.

Not too much really.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Where? Where?! WHERE?!

I really can't contain the hype. It's much stronger than me.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I hope Mewtwo wasn't changed much. I just want more damage dealt per hit, more KO power, more combo potential, faster airspeed, faster groundspeed, heavier weight, more range, altered specials, and tweaked animations.

Not too much really.
As much as I liked Mewtwo in Melee, I'd welcome a surprise. A whole new Mewtwo (good or bad) would be fine with me AS LONG AS they don't give him moves like Swift..

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yes, Melee was released in 2001. I was only 9! I'm 22 now and I don't think I've ever been this excited (well, maybe when Rosalina was revealed). I mean, after being crushed about him not being in Brawl and in Smash 4 on the initial roster, after all the teasing, after all the tear-drinking jokes... We get the last laugh. It feels so cool!!!! I'm going to be MAD if the leak is right about the June release... But whatever. He's coming after all :')
Wow we are the same age man im 22 as well.

Evidence sakurai said that please.

Or stop your trolling bullying

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Woke up and heard there was a direct at 3pm April the 1st, that's like 30 minutes away, then I realise you guys are a full day behind me.

Goddammit...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry to stoop into your domain, @ --- --- , but I think a good rally is a good thing. :p

You know what'd be great? To celebrate Mewtwo, everyone change your avatars to Mewtwo. That way, when people inevitably screenshot people's reactions during the Direct, it'll show just how much support Mewtwo has. I feel everyone having similar avatars like that, even for just one day, might be a neat little thing to bring the community together a bit. :)

Just a thought I had, haha. Not sure what spurred it on.

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Wow we are the same age man im 22 as well.

Evidence sakurai said that please.

Or stop your trolling bullying
Sakurai said
特定の戦闘機は、外観を作る可能性があります...
or in english, he said (roughly translated)
"Particular fighter, there is a possibility to make an appearance ..."

on instagram. Its not very hard to deduce what he's talking about.

Edit: source here: https://instagram.com/p/05jx16hsFt/

Even if this was fake, I don't really think it counts as trolling/bullying.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Sorry to stoop into your domain, @ --- --- , but I think a good rally is a good thing. :p

You know what'd be great? To celebrate Mewtwo, everyone change your avatars to Mewtwo. That way, when people inevitably screenshot people's reactions during the Direct, it'll show just how much support Mewtwo has. I feel everyone having similar avatars like that, even for just one day, might be a neat little thing to bring the community together a bit. :)

can i keep my mew avatar? since mewtwo is technically a clone of mew?

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
He's almost here... it's crazy. I can remember being disappointed over Mewtwo not being in Brawl like it was yesterday. When was Brawl released? In 2008? It's crazy that it was 7 years ago. Mewtwo is finally actually striking back... LETS GO

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Yeah, this is a pretty big announcement. Nintendo's probably going to ride on it as far as they can. It's going to spread like wildfire. I wonder if it'll get pirated before release. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second character either. Since it takes a lot of work to make DLC, they wouldn't want the length of time between releases to drag on. They a little space in order make more, y'know. People should respect that instead if being selfish, evil beasts. We wouldn't want Sakurai to hire some bounty hunter to take them down, LOL. That would probably make his boss mad. Anyway, I don't want to start a fight by getting off track, so I'll just say that I expect a second character, too. I don't know who, though. We're at the tail end of the wait, so we'll know soon enough. Just keep your eyes peeled, neck craned, and head out of the clouds, and you'll be fine. Gah, I'm so happy, I could just get up and fly!
Why are these words bolded? This isn't a comic book.

;)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Only just chiming in now, been watching all of this unfold. I've been getting more and more caught up in the Mewtwo hype since Sakurai's announcement that he was right around the corner. Before that I didn't want to get too fired up for his release, since we had no idea if it would be around the registration deadline or months later. Now that our reunion with Mr. 150 is imminent, I'm getting completely swept up in the hype. It's been a long, quiet ride since the exciting news from the 50 Fact Extravaganza! I really do hope Mewtwo gets a trailer instead of a simple statement, it would be a good way to wrap up the direct with a little extra flair. I'm going to be traveling to an obligation around the time of the direct, but I'll watch via my phone and bring my 3DS in case the codes drop right afterwards. Hopefully we don't have to wait much longer to get our Mewtwo game on.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Part of me wishes they'd reference the cinematic trailer Greninja (shared with Charizard) where everyone was thinking or yelling "IT'S MEWTWO, IT'S MEWT- ....GRENINJA!?"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Done and done! After this, though, my avatar is going right back to that awesome picture of Dr. Mario and Mr. L.:p

Top Bottom