• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

godogod

Smash Ace
I mean I didn't see the 3DS leak prior to the person who posted it on this page earlier, who I quoted after(with the image).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Welp.

So I got back from visiting with family, and I see someone on Facebook mention about the "Rayman leak." I'm like, whoa, random people are still talking about that picture? Better check Smashboards.

Then I saw the GameXplain videos, and wow, this looks legit. I actually know almost nothing about Rayman, but all the Rayman Legends videos I've seen on YouTube just now look great. It looks like Rayman has what it takes to fit in Smash.

Mewtwo's render, then, is real, if Rayman is real. Mewtwo looks good, but his head is a bit less angular than I'm used to seeing. The rounder face and bigger eyes makes me wonder if @ Igzex Igzex is right. Very well could be Movie 16 Mewtwo. This look would fit it, in my mind. I'm totally okay with that, so long as Mewtwo doesn't constantly shout MOVE AWAY FROM THERE (lol). And If Mewtwo has a male voice, awesome. Really, I don't care. To me, it's about FINALLY having Mewtwo back at all.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The only thing that could possibly be better than the thought of what a ray man amiibo would look like is the increased belief in Femtwo's chances. Hehehehehe

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Mewtwo's model reminds me of this Pokedex 3D one.

So I wouldn't jumo to the conclusion that it's femtwo just yet. But either way, I'm glad to see something!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Something about that render seems different from the model we were shown.

This leak seems legit though. We all know what happened last time we saw high-quality renders and denied them.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Something about that render seems different from the model we were shown.

This leak seems legit though. We all know what happened last time we saw high-quality renders and denied them.
It could just be the way that the artwork is posed

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It could just be the way that the artwork is posed
Yes, and also consider that that was a very early model. They had barely started producing Mewtwo when they showed that model off, so it stands to reason that they would heavily update it. I think the final render looks gorgeous and I couldn't be happier with it. Mewtwo looks so sick in HD!

Last edited:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Okay, extreme apologies for the double post, but no one has done anything since my last post and this needs to be brought up, if only to alert people that there's something new.

Ignore the Rayman part and look at the Mewtwo model. It's not the 50 Fact Extravaganza model either. Yeah, I know that some say that the 50FE model is the official model, but still, worth pointing out here.
I'm probably being too picky, but i hope they change his profile picture.
Don't know why, but i'm not really liking it. Probably something about that angle.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Im just gonna wait for an official confirmation for rayman(Nintendo direct maybe?). As of right now, I am convinced that the leak is the real deal because the artwork for the two characters looks really legit.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm probably being too picky, but i hope they change his profile picture.
Don't know why, but i'm not really liking it. Probably something about that angle.
In all honesty I'm getting a Femtwo vibe from the picture, not a dark vibe from maletwo

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
Guys, i can't wait anymore.... I need to play as Mewtwo!

P.S. What happened with the old thread?

P.P.S I hope they keep the same voice as Melee Mewtwo.

P.P.P.S I really don't even care, it's Mewtwo

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
In all honesty I'm getting a Femtwo vibe from the picture, not a dark vibe from maletwo
From looking at what (little) body language from the photo the pose looks very cocky not necessarily evil or good, they might be doing kinda a half way point between the two Mewtwo's a cocky one who is overall a good guy.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Hahahaha, oh wow!
I'm glad Rayman isn't really a character (not hating on the character, but i LOATHE ubisoft), but i'm sad about the DLC-shop part being fake.

-And glad that wasn't really Mewtwo's profile pic. : P

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And...my gut feeling about it being fake is right. It was fun speculating though.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
In time you will all know who's right. It will never be too late to accept the wonders of Miriam Pultro...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
But it was impressive, it's also partially our fault for falling for it.
Be that as it may, where I come from we don't commend liars for lying. You don't prank total strangers, and you don't propagate a mass deception, and garner any praise from me.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It... It's fake? What... What do you mean... Fake!?
Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted. But, to be honest, I think whatever Nintendo's official Mewtwo looks like will be far better, so we've got that to look forward to.
And, plus, I ain't even mad. Yes, I would've loved it if it was true, but I'm okay with it being fake. Kudos to the guy who made it! He did a really good job, and I give him credit for coming up with such a convincing fake. Yeah, lots of people are going to be dangerously mad, but you gotta hand it to him for working so hard on tricking us and convincing pretty much everyone in the Smash community. It was very high-quality, and I'll give him a round of applause for it. His Klonoa art was also really good, too.
And, let's be honest, if you had worked that hard to make a fake and it went viral for 24 hours, you'd be pretty happy, too. I don't blame him.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I think we've gotten so little news, that it's driven us to a specific point in madness where we believe fake leaks JUST so we have something Mewtwo related to talk about. Some are disappointed Rayman won't be in, some don't care, some rejoice that he's not in...and then we are only disappointed that we're back to having absolutely no info on Mewtwo once again.

D

Deleted member

I have to agree with GoldenBrawler, it's almost as if Nintendo is trying to torment us, to see how much we can take before we snap, to test us, and see how long it will take for the "what about Mewtwo?" messages to start flooding into their office. But then again, this is probably one of the oldest yet most efficient marketing tricks known to mankind: make them starve, then at the last second before they die, provide a feast, so they will eat everything up. When translated to Nintendo language, that means make them starve until the last second before they snap, and then start processing the Mewtwo's, so that he'll get sold out as fast as the gamecube adapters, if not faster, thus, giving Nintendo more money and bringing them back to the battlefield.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was 50/50 on it. Okay, maybe closer to 60/40, leaning towards it being legitimate, but I'm still not all that surprised it's fake.
I'm not super disappointed, though. At this point, the only characters I'm really hoping for are a few select Pokemon. More Zelda/Fire Emblem characters will sure be appreciated, but I'm not going to go nuts for them.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Characters I really want:
Sceptile, Tails, Knuckles, Ryu Hayabusa
Not holding out for any of them at all though. Before the Rayman leak, I didn't think we'd be getting any newcomers as DLC. Even though the leak was fake, I see a slightly greater possibility, though still a small one.

D

Deleted member

That so called "leaker" did an amazing job on that leak though. I was actually more hype seeing how he did this and how he could make a "leak" so good that not even photoshop detecting software could detect it than i was seeing Rayman on the CSS (Character Select Screen).

I still want a link to that Mewtwo the leaker found/made though.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Characters I really want:
Sceptile, Tails, Knuckles, Ryu Hayabusa
Not holding out for any of them at all though. Before the Rayman leak, I didn't think we'd be getting any newcomers as DLC. Even though the leak was fake, I see a slightly greater possibility, though still a small one.
Look at the amount of time it's taken so far just to do Mewtwo - and it's not even done yet. Just one character. Sakurai isn't going to want to do anymore. Not only would characters beyond Mewtwo likely be done without Sakurai, but he/she/it also wouldn't likely be done until November.

I'm not against more stuff, but Smash 4 has plenty of stuff - more than a Smash game has ever had. What it needs now is polish and finesse, I think, not more stuff. A balance tweak here, a bug fix there, etc.

D

Deleted member

touching on the topic of gameplay, i think that the game needs to be sped up (not the menus, sakurai), and the hitstun needs to be increased, and advanced techniques need to return (like DACUS), NOT tactics (Perfect Pivoting). if that was done, then i'd be content for the most part, just don't forget to add useful dash dancing, and to make wavedashing smash a bonus mode that can be played online against people, that way, the game isn't Melee 2.0, but it's not Brawl 2.0 either.

Also, Mewtwo.

Top Bottom