• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Yes, I know it was that model.

I meant in the context of now are we going to see an onslaught of fake 'leaks' with Mewtwo since the Rayman one was pretty convincing.
Oh, I see. Sorry for the confusion.
You're probably right. If everybody has access to the resources that the Artsy Omni guy did, then we're going to have a ton of convincing leaks. Especially if the person in question makes an original model. I guess from here on out we're just going to have to be extra careful and scrutinize every leak that comes out. *Sigh* It's both a blessing and a curse.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I will be breeding HA Tyrunt today. If you want one just like my post. For Nonspecificguy he'll have to quote me.

D

Deleted member

Since we're on the topic of questions. Does anybody have a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and a 2GB SD Card on them?
I need to assess some things.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Since we're on the topic of questions. Does anybody have a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and a 2GB SD Card on them?
I need to assess some things.
I have all of these things. And you can't have them. Because playing as Bagan's Ridley is too much fun.

D

Deleted member

This isn't Project M. It's a mod of my own.

And to stay on "topic" (there is none?), a certain character may be joining the cast...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Do go on...
The goal of the mod is to take the best components from every Smash Bros. Game (including Brawl and Smash 4), while added a lot of unique concepts of my own, such as a currently unnamed technique that allows characters who can crawl to do a crouch cancelled crawl slide, and Link/Toon Link being able to instantly jump to a weaker, slower version of the second hit of their forward smashes by doing an angled smash.

Here's another post that i put in a conversation

Mario Smith said:
I was going for something almost entirely original actually, the game was designed to have something from most of the Smash Bros. games including some of my own twists

Melee
--
Hitstun
Combos
Most of the techniques
Depth/Flow of matches
Game Speed
---
Brawl
--
Moves that would've combo'd made into combos
A slight amount of the techniques
---
Smash 4
--
Some of the trajectories on attacks
Some of the balance concepts
---
Smash Reborn (Original)
--
Balance
Air/Ground Speed
A few of the techniques
General Smash Rules (regarding balance)
Stages
Character Concepts
Trajectories on attacks
A plethora of cancel-based techniques
Mechanics
---
Also, i am working on a certain character, and thus far i have a completely original model/moveset, made from the ground up, but it needs polishing, so i can't reveal them at the moment.

D

Deleted member

I also forgot to mention, but i replaced most of the gloomy Brawl songs with more appropriate and lighthearted ones, such as the athletic theme from NSMBU going over one of the Delfino Plaza songs.

Edit: This is probably going to be my last spoiler, but there is a Soccer Smash stage that goes over Onett that's in the game. There have been quite a few of these on Brawl Vault, but the matches were usually to lengthy and boring, in addition to the ball being a minor component to the match. This is my own spin on the Soccer Smash levels, which has edited collisions/aesthetics designed to enhance gameplay. I hope you enjoy it if you ever play the game!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Project Mod obviously.

Also I didn't know you were adding the GREAT GILGAMESH into Smash.

That is who it is. Right. RIGHT!?

It's not.

D

Deleted member

Woah! Mario Smith liked your post.
Pichu confirmed for Project Mario Smith.:p
Seriously, though, Mario Smith, what are you going to call this mod, and do you think it will ever get as popular as Project M?
I already had a name for it, for over a year, maybe two, actually, it's called Smash Reborn. It was originally called Super Smash Bros. Elimination, but that mod received no attention, was unbalanced, had random tweaks, and wasn't really that important, so, i salvaged whatever valuable stuff was left from the mod, scrapped it, and made a new one. Smash Reborn can be comprehended in two different ways, actually, the first being that it is a "reborn" version of SSBE, the second is that this mod is designed to take Super Smash Bros. to a level never seen before, and thus, reborn could mean "all new" (which is close enough to it's actual definition).

And for your second question... I honestly can't say. Project M is designed to cater to the Melee audience while keeping a few Brawl components in a very compressed state, not enough to make it any less Melee, but enough to make Brawl players find refuge in it, and since Melee is by far the most appreciated and popular game (if i'm correct), when you combine it with Brawl's sales (which means more downloads), and the time that they put into it, most people would automatically be attracted to it.

With my mod, however, it isn't designed for Melee to take center stage, it isn't designed for any of the games to take center stage, to be honest. Also, my way of balancing the game may not appeal to the Melee audiences (as i see things differently then most of them do, not all of them are bad), so that may not be the most favorable for them, however, my unique concepts might be able to capture people's attention (as one person who played it gave it positive feedback).
In the end, i'd have to say that i don't know. It may either wind up being less popular than PM by a noticeable margin, or possibly push it over to the corner of it's throne, but i'm not sure about an in-between.

Edit: Here's the link for the mod thus far
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2odzsc7arwq2h6x/Smash Reborn Demo Version 2.rar

Edit: If you have the Wiimmfi connection available, then the Smash Server should work, as the wifi codes are similar. If wifi doesn't work, then you'll have to format your Brawl from the Wii Menu, and use codes to reunlock your stuff if the codes present in my mod don't do it for you.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Hey, guys. For any PM players here, I'd like to plug a Mewtwo player I recently heard of. I really enjoy his playstyle and I think us Mewtwo mains could learn from him. @Denthorn

This was at a tournament near me, nice to see more Texas Mewtwos out there.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Given that its Ubisoft addressing this, they did so in a cool way. They actually recommended the video on how it was done to the asker. It's not every day you see fan work acknowledged.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Personally I just want to see how they buffed Frieza for the new DBZ movie.

Off Topic: I think Gaara vs. Toph was the first Death Battle that was poorly handled IMO.
1. Agreed. Although Cooler was always my favorite of the two.
2. Cloud vs. Link was terrible.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Favorite ScrewAttack fight:

Nice to see a Mario character winning for once.

Plus Bowser's badass anyway.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

I have come to accept if the fight isn't done by Dmfix(?) then its going to be very awkward and un-hype

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have come to accept if the fight isn't done by Dmfix(?) then its going to be very awkward and un-hype
Eh...I'm fine with the ScrewAttack fights, personally, bar the weird ones(Rainbow Dash vs Starscream for example).

Even then, there are only a select few that I really like. Such as that Bowser one.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Eh...I'm fine with the ScrewAttack fights, personally, bar the weird ones(Rainbow Dash vs Starscream for example).

Even then, there are only a select few that I really like. Such as that Bowser one.
I was mostly just referring to one minute melee...

johab001

Smash Cadet
Why does mewtwo need a fighting type form? Does it make him stronger or what? I dont play the games thats why im asking

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why does mewtwo need a fighting type form? Does it make him stronger or what? I dont play the games thats why im asking
His X form rearranges his stats and makes his PHYSICAL attacks stronger. Mewtwo is normally a SPECIAL attacker, which is what his Y form supports.

In terms of raw numbers, though, both X and Y are equally powerful.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

MMMMMM, Bowser's BiS personality
That is the best Bowser.
Also
Hi, SMBZ Episode 10.
Now where's 11 :troll:

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
There isn't really a "why" to this.
He gets new resistances and weaknesses, gets a STAB bonus on fighting type moves (meaning they become 50% stronger) and overall opens up new strategies.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Dragonball characters are full blown Mary Sue, double your power meter by screaming a bit, regen arms and legs on a whim, survive in the vacuum of space, die 17 times and come back to life like it's nothing...

Dragonball is a series without real reason or logic, so I'm not surprised of M2 is less powerful than any Dragonball Z character...

Top Bottom