• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Nothing particularly wrong with female Mewtwo, hence Smash fans probably won't care too much, but it's a lie not to say the character was handled poorly story/character development wise in an attempt to appeal to newcomers while trying to bring back older fans who were given heavy suggestions it was the original.
eh, some things could have been better... and yeah. they should have said outright that this is a seperate individual.
but the good news is, that its seperate from the original. so no one can complain they changed the original character, who i believe still exists somewhere in johto.

on a side note, mewtwo in the original series was not a villain. it didn't do what it did out of fun... it saw a reason and believed (wrongly) that all humans were evil, because of the way its creators and giovanni treated it. then ash came along and changed its mind. how is that evil at all? if anything, mewtwo is a lot like knuckles in the sonic series. who wrongfully thought sonic was evil.
so no, its not evil, just lead the wrong way.
its also like shadow, in a way, blaming humans for the death of maria but then changing his mind after being reminded of her last words. and people don't view shadow as evil now do they? anti-hero? maybe. same thing with mewtwo.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
eh, some things could have been better... and yeah. they should have said outright that this is a seperate individual.
but the good news is, that its seperate from the original. so no one can complain they changed the original character, who i believe still exists somewhere in johto.
I don't hate the character, I just dislike how they handled everything most things in order to make money.

I still stand by the thought that M16 would have been better with the original or at the very least should have included in addition to the newcomer (that way we'd get MMX & MMY).

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

on a side note, mewtwo in the original series was not a villain. it didn't do what it did out of fun... it saw a reason and believed (wrongly) that all humans were evil, because of the way its creators and giovanni treated it. then ash came along and changed its mind. how is that evil at all? if anything, mewtwo is a lot like knuckles in the sonic series. who wrongfully thought sonic was evil.
so no, its not evil, just lead the wrong way.
He's what's known as an Anti-Villain. He's wrong for the right reasons.

I don't hate the character, I just dislike how they handled everything most things in order to make money.

I still stand by the thought that M16 would have been better with the original or at the very least should have included in addition to the newcomer (that way we'd get MMX & MMY).
It's still my headcanon that there's more than one. M1 was the original we all knew. M16 was a recreation by Team Plasma, looking at Team Rocket's research.

And yes, I do ship them together.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
He's what's known as an Anti-Villain. He's wrong for the right reasons.

It's still my headcanon that there's more than one. M1 was the original we all knew. M16 was a recreation by Team Plasma, looking at Team Rocket's research.

And yes, I do ship them together.
still not a villain.

Yup. So Femtwo's a... Mewtwotwo of sorts.
my theory is: someone from m01 managed to get the schematics for mewtwo... even managing to get the mew fossil....from the ruins of the cinnabar lab. then they moved to unova, and became a scientist themselves working on creating another mewtwo.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Wouldn't it be cool if in one of the future movies M1 Mewtwo ends up meeting M16 Mewtwo? M1 Mewtwo mega evolves into X and M16 Mewtwo mega evolves into Y and they duel it out!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Do you know what don't understand, why did we need another Mewtwo, female or not, isn't one destructer of worlds enough?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So I stumbled upon a reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/30lyeu/we_might_not_all_get_mewtwo_at_the_same_time/

"This just occurred to me this morning. When Mewtwo is released to those who preordered him through Club Nintendo, they will be receiving codes to download him. If Nintendo handles this the same way they have been handling other distributions, then the codes will be distributed in waves, meaning some people will get their codes before others.

Or even worse, Nintendo may release Mewtwo to the public at the same time the codes are sent out, meaning you'd be faced with the option of waiting until who knows when for your Mewtwo code, or buy Mewtwo anyways to get him as soon as possible.

This is just a thought. Hopefully, it doesn't come true."

What do ya'll think? Knowing Nintendo, this actually seems very possible.
One problem with this coming true

It said check are emails in spring

Its not a evolope containing the mewtwo codes.

So yea this will happen more like a few seconds off.

Are you ****ing dumb?

Yes I thought so. I had originally posted this link before, I had already checked this... I already know this **** dude.

Literally all of my opinions were posted here:

So how about you decide to look around before calling me out on anything.

You sir are the idiot here :glare:
Ok by the hype i thought you thought it was true thats all.

DANG IT DOUBLEPOST AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Dichotomy doesn't mean what that guy said it means.
di·chot·o·my
dīˈkädəmē/
noun
  1. a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
    "a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism"

Looks like it means what CyberHyperPhoenix said it meant, he said it was a partition between two differing things (in this case, Mewtwo and Mew). However, I don't think the "Mutually Exclusive" part at the front is necessary, seeing as it would already be shared between the two given subjects.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
di·chot·o·my
dīˈkädəmē/
noun
  1. a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.
    "a rigid dichotomy between science and mysticism"

Looks like it means what CyberHyperPhoenix said it meant, he said it was a partition between two differing things (in this case, Mewtwo and Mew). However, I don't think the "Mutually Exclusive" part at the front is necessary, seeing as it would already be shared between the two given subjects.
Except that mutually exclusive mathematically means that something (an event) cannot, or isn't supposed to happen.
So basically it means that Mewtwo's creation from Mew's DNA wasn't supposed to happen.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Except if they edit things frame-by-frame, which is possible. ArtsyOmni showed that you didn't even need an actual 3D render to make a convincing fake. His "smashified" stuff? Those are ****ing paintings. Paintings made entirely in Photoshop.
I never said it wasn't possible just said its not an easy task to do and put it out as a real "leak" without people calling bull**** the moment they lay eyes on it lol

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Except that mutually exclusive mathematically means that something (an event) cannot, or isn't supposed to happen.
So basically it means that Mewtwo's creation from Mew's DNA wasn't supposed to happen.
Ah, got it, I must have been using the wrong context.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I thought we already established that he feeds off pessimism.

Optimism is for that goody two-shoes Mew.
I've played and watched a decent amount of Pokemon, and I haven't seen anything saying Mewtwo feeds of negativity. Closest thing I've seen is he has a savage heart.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I thought we already established that he feeds off pessimism.

Optimism is for that goody two-shoes Mew.
No, no. Mewtwo was only mean during 80% of the first movie. At the end of the first movie and throughout the sequel, Mewtwo is a friendly guy that fights for his friends.

Feeds off of pessimism? Nah. Our lord is the purest, kindest, and holiest guy that only feeds off of pink cream swirled pokepuffs with sprinkles and optimism.

I've played and watched a decent amount of Pokemon, and I haven't seen anything saying Mewtwo feeds of negativity. Closest thing I've seen is he has a savage heart.
You guys are being so edgy, it's like this is the Dark Pit social.
These guys know. I'm proud.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Yup. So Femtwo's a... Mewtwotwo of sorts.
No, no. Mewtwo was only mean during 80% of the first movie. At the end of the first movie and throughout the second movie, Mewtwo is a friendly guy that fights for his friends.

Feeds off of pessimism? Nah. Our lord is the purest, kindest, and holiest guy that only feeds off of pink cream swirled pokepuffs with sprinkles and optimism.

These guys know. I'm proud.
see? mewtwo ISNT a villain. once shown the error of his ways he relents and becomes a good guy.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
see? mewtwo ISNT a villain. once shown the error of his ways he relents and becomes a good guy.
Yeah! I don't really understand why people think Mewtwo is an edge lord and a bad guy. He really isn't. In the games he was just minding his own business. In Origins he was minding his own business. In the manga he helped the protagonists fight the true evil guys! In the first movie he was kinda bad at first, but who wouldn't be? He was created to be USED, and his first human "partner" ended up betraying him. Nobody cared for him. After Ash came through and showed him that not all humans were bad, he changed! He lead his clone friends and lived together in an island. Don't even get me started in the sequel. He risked his life for his friends and almost got killed. And M16 Mewtwo is... well, you get my point.

Mewtwo isn't bad. You all misunderstand him. I'm sure he just wants everyone to get along and feed him tasty pokepuffs.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Did you see IsmaR's post?
:150: thrives on negativity. Everyone should keep feeding it.
If a mod says it, it has to be true.
You guys are being so edgy, it's like this is the Dark Pit social.
I only wish that social was this active.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Did you see IsmaR's post?

If a mod says it, it has to be true.I only wish that social was this active.
Don't ya'll feed bad for poor Mewtwo though? I think he just wants everyone to be positive and stuff. :<

..that sounds edgy too.
Doesn't edgy mean something like "badass and dark" or something? I don't see how that's being edgy. Unless you're saying I'm being corny and cheesy right now, which I won't deny, haha.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I honestly don't have a problem with femtwo. For the longest time I'd wondered what it would be like if there was a female version of Mewtwo and that kinda came true. You know, like with how there are m/f Pikachu's etc.

Sure her story was just an obnoxious rip off of Mewtwo's and she probably wasn't relevant to the series (they seriously could have just brought back the original badass with his X Mega Evo and it still would have made sense) but, it's Pokemon. Nothing they do makes sense but we have to accept it.

You see both MMX and MMY together in the end of the 17th movie, so they meet up at some point.

It makes me a bit sad to see so much hate for her. I honestly think her Y form is cool, and it was her that got us so hyped about Mewtwo coming back again because of her relevancy when Sm4sh was in production. The 16th movie had it's cringe-worthy moments but I don't have anything against Miriam, I think she did a good job. I can't see femtwo having a different actor after hearing her voice and I've got used to it.

Personally, I think that original Mewtwo will be brought back in Sm4sh, considering it wouldn't really make much sense for Sakurai to not bring back a veteran and just replace him, but it doesn't bother me if its male or female Mewtwo at all.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
Oh, Metros! That reminds me. I was typing Mewtwo into my phone and the first suggested word after "Mewtwo" was "Metros". ..what are you hiding?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Most likely, I don't recall it off the top of my head though.
Edit:

Just saw this, still don't agree. I don't see the point in making the negativity in this board stronger, as it just drives people away.
If it any point you didn't pick up that the comment was not meant to be taken seriously, I apologize.

Cluck.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I honestly don't have a problem with femtwo. For the longest time I'd wondered what it would be like if there was a female version of Mewtwo and that kinda came true. You know, like with how there are m/f Pikachu's etc.

Sure her story was just an obnoxious rip off of Mewtwo's and she probably wasn't relevant to the series (they seriously could have just brought back the original badass with his X Mega Evo and it still would have made sense) but, it's Pokemon. Nothing they do makes sense but we have to accept it.

You see both MMX and MMY together in the end of the 17th movie, so they meet up at some point.

It makes me a bit sad to see so much hate for her. I honestly think her Y form is cool, and it was her that got us so hyped about Mewtwo coming back again because of her relevancy when Sm4sh was in production. The 16th movie had it's cringe-worthy moments but I don't have anything against Miriam, I think she did a good job. I can't see femtwo having a different actor after hearing her voice and I've got used to it.

Personally, I think that original Mewtwo will be brought back in Sm4sh, considering it wouldn't really make much sense for Sakurai to not bring back a veteran and just replace him, but it doesn't bother me if its male or female Mewtwo at all.
The main reason why I think female Mewtwo isn't popular is because most of us didn't grow up with her. Lots of people are all nostalgia and stuff (including myself) and we grew up loving the Mewtwo that's badass with a villainous voice. So, when we saw that that changed... it just didn't feel right. Of course it wouldn't! The only time Mewtwo was like that was in that movie, and it was completely different than the Mewtwo we know and love. That's why I feel that his voice should stay male, because he always has been and most of us grew up with that.

If I had the choice of whether Mewtwo only has a male voice or a female voice, I wouldn't even think about it and choose male. However, I know that there are many (like you) that likes FemTwo. Which is why I'm a supporter of the idea that Mewtwo should have male and female alternate costumes.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
If it any point you didn't pick up that the comment was not meant to be taken seriously, I apologize.

Cluck.
I figured you weren't being serious, however, this IS the internet, and sarcasm can tend to be quite...
tumblr_inline_n990nawbHP1rjg6nn.png

difficult to read.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
The main reason why I think female Mewtwo isn't popular is because most of us didn't grow up with her. Lots of people are all nostalgia and stuff (including myself) and we grew up loving the Mewtwo that's badass with a villainous voice. So, when we saw that that changed... it just didn't feel right. Of course it wouldn't! The only time Mewtwo was like that was in that movie, and it was completely different than the Mewtwo we know and love. That's why I feel that his voice should stay male, because he always has been and most of us grew up with that.

However, I know that there are many (like you) that likes FemTwo. Which is why I'm a supporter of the idea that Mewtwo should have male and female alternate costumes.
I grew up with original Mewtwo as well, being born in 1990. So the First Movie and Pokemon is a major, nostalgic part of my childhood. I can tell you that when I first saw the Y evolution, I was hugely shocked and it did honestly upset me a little because back then I thought they ruined Mewtwo with a female one. When I first saw the female Mewtwo I was majorly pissed and felt like they replaced him. But, over time I grew to accept it and now I like femtwo. It just took a lot longer for me because I'm a pretty big Mewtwo fan and couldn't stand them ruining something that was already perfect - like with how Mewtwo was supposed to be the only one of his kind. That went out of the window now, didn't it?

Though, femtwo was good for promoting Mewtwo in a way. Kids today that are growing up with the new femtwo are looking back at the character and finding out about the original Mewtwo. I saw a picture on Tumblr once of a mother showing her son the First Pokemon Movie and she wrote a caption saying that her son really liked Mewtwo. I thought that was cool. :)

Oh, Metros! That reminds me. I was typing Mewtwo into my phone and the first suggested word after "Mewtwo" was "Metros". ..what are you hiding?
That's... extremely interesting. XD

Even your phone clearly knows how much of a dedicated fan girl I am :awesome:

Top Bottom