• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I know this is fake, but why would Mewtwo not have an amiibo? We have 2 more waves coming, Mewtwo will likely be out before both, he can still have one.
yeah and it would be unfair if all the smash charcters besides mewtwo get one and its been said all smash charcters would get one I think that he is getting one for sure its just what wave he is in thats the question

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So I stumbled upon a reddit thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/30lyeu/we_might_not_all_get_mewtwo_at_the_same_time/

"This just occurred to me this morning. When Mewtwo is released to those who preordered him through Club Nintendo, they will be receiving codes to download him. If Nintendo handles this the same way they have been handling other distributions, then the codes will be distributed in waves, meaning some people will get their codes before others.

Or even worse, Nintendo may release Mewtwo to the public at the same time the codes are sent out, meaning you'd be faced with the option of waiting until who knows when for your Mewtwo code, or buy Mewtwo anyways to get him as soon as possible.

This is just a thought. Hopefully, it doesn't come true."

What do ya'll think? Knowing Nintendo, this actually seems very possible.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/30lyeu/we_might_not_all_get_mewtwo_at_the_same_time/

"This just occurred to me this morning. When Mewtwo is released to those who preordered him through Club Nintendo, they will be receiving codes to download him. If Nintendo handles this the same way they have been handling other distributions, then the codes will be distributed in waves, meaning some people will get their codes before others.

Or even worse, Nintendo may release Mewtwo to the public at the same time the codes are sent out, meaning you'd be faced with the option of waiting until who knows when for your Mewtwo code, or buy Mewtwo anyways to get him as soon as possible.

I'm hoping they have an automated system to email the Mewtwo codes out instead of having one guy send off thousands of emails to each individual person.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
its sad that we have to resort to gameplay to confim a leak
I see nothing sad about it. Omni goes to show that anyone can fake a leak if they put enough effort into it. A hard thing to fake is actual gameplay. Believing something from a picture doesn't prove anything except that its a picture of the character.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, they have Mewtwo under the "to-do" list on Club Nintendo. I think this means we'll be getting the codes through directly Club Nintendo instead of through Email, much like when we redeem download codes for games.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong.
Club Nintendo said:
Once you register Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U by 3/31/15 with Club Nintendo, you will automatically be enrolled to receive the Mewtwo DLC download code via email.

Look for an email from Club Nintendo in Spring 2015!

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I see nothing sad about it. Omni goes to show that anyone can fake a leak if they put enough effort into it. A hard thing to fake is actual gameplay. Believing something from a picture doesn't prove anything except that its a picture of the character.
Actually, it's great. People should keep calm about any faked pictures (I'm refusing to call them "leaks") until they see gameplay footage. It's so annoying that every bad mockup gets so much buzz for nothing. The very well done fake by Omni on the other hand raised the standard so high, that we can't trust these pictures anyway.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I doubt Mewtwo will be available for purchase immediately based on what is currently known.

That said, it's pretty much a given that the codes will come in unpredictable waves just like the Special Edition Smash 3DS Demo. Some got there's in the early afternoon, I didn't get mine until 6:30pm.

Just gotta have patience. I know while I wait for my codes I'll be beginning a crackdown upon this board (nothing personal to you regulars) and starting to get things arranged for those who actually plan to main Mewtwo.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I don't know. From what I can remember, Nintendo has never distributed any sort of digital download code on this kind of scale. The CDs are another story, because you have to produce the CD, produce the casing, package it, and send it on its way until they can email you. It's a physical object, and I should think that that would make it a completely different case.
With the download codes, it's something where all they have to do is generate the codes, put them into a machine, and the machine can copy, paste, and send emails to the customers. It's simple, and I don't think there's anything long about the process. Maybe it's tedious, but I'm fairly certain that it's not lengthy.
Because of the simplicity of sending download codes compared to physical things about CDs, I'm not too worried about this. I feel pretty confident that we'll all get our download codes at pretty much same time.

EDIT: My mistake. --- is right. The Special Demo codes were released in waves. I wasn't a part of that, so I wouldn't know. I apologize.
However, that's still roughly the same time. That's within a few hours or so of each other, maybe a day at the most. Something like that I consider reasonable and can definitely tolerate.
Also, @ --- --- What exactly do you mean by "crackdown"? I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
wanting it to be a victory pose or a taunt. :3 i like how in project m mewtwos side taunt is the stadium 1 idle pose while it utters its cry.
OH YES!!! I love this taunt in Project M! I hope they'll put this in, but I guess we could say that it's not very likely... or is it?

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I've always assumed that's how it'll be. People will start saying they got codes and a lot of us will still be waiting.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I doubt Mewtwo will be available for purchase immediately based on what is currently known.

That said, it's pretty much a given that the codes will come in unpredictable waves just like the Special Edition Smash 3DS Demo. Some got there's in the early afternoon, I didn't get mine until 6:30pm.

Just gotta have patience. I know while I wait for my codes I'll be beginning a crackdown upon this board (nothing personal to you regulars) and starting to get things arranged for those who actually plan to main Mewtwo.
....Could you name the Mewtwo question and answer thread "Mutually Exclusive Dichotomy"?

That would be sick :p

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Man, I want Mewtwo so badly...but I only have the 3DS version. ;_;

I've already posted in the thread about that sort of thing, but may as well post it here, as well; the more exposure my problem gets, the better my chances of getting help are.
(I have an NTSC copy of the game, if anybody takes enough pity on me to help me out. :p)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I don't know. From what I can remember, Nintendo has never distributed any sort of digital download code on this kind of scale. The CDs are another story, because you have to produce the CD, produce the casing, package it, and send it on its way until they can email you. It's a physical object, and I should think that that would make it a completely different case.
With the download codes, it's something where all they have to do is generate the codes, put them into a machine, and the machine can copy, paste, and send emails to the customers. It's simple, and I don't think there's anything long about the process. Maybe it's tedious, but I'm fairly certain that it's not lengthy.
Because of the simplicity of sending download codes compared to physical things about CDs, I'm not too worried about this. I feel pretty confident that we'll all get our download codes at pretty much same time.

EDIT: My mistake. --- is right. The Special Demo codes were released in waves. I wasn't a part of that, so I wouldn't know. I apologize.
However, that's still roughly the same time. That's within a few hours or so of each other, maybe a day at the most. Something like that I consider reasonable and can definitely tolerate.
Probably doing things like locking irrelevant threads, getting the Q&A, Mewtwo MU thread, Player finder thread, M2 video threads set up and what not.

Well, that's what I assume anyway @ --- ---

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Man, I want Mewtwo so badly...but I only have the 3DS version. ;_;

I've already posted in the thread about that sort of thing, but may as well post it here, as well; the more exposure my problem gets, the better my chances of getting help are.
(I have an NTSC copy of the game, if anybody takes enough pity on me to help me out. :p)
Unfortunantly, I can't help you out, but I can assure you that you'll get to purchase him, eventually. It might be at the same time that we get him, or it might be a little later down the road, but you'll get the opportunity. Don't worry about it:).

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Unfortunantly, I can't help you out, but I can assure you that you'll get to purchase him, eventually. It might be at the same time that we get him, or it might be a little later down the road, but you'll get the opportunity. Don't worry about it:).
I'd be content with getting him later; thing is that I don't have any money to get him with, and probably won't for a long while. So "later" would mean "months and months after everyone else has had him", and that would be a pretty painful wait with this much hype.
Besides, I don't even use my Club Nintendo Coins for anything, so may as well give them to someone who could use some in exchange for being able to play Mewtwo with everyone else. :p

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
I really want my Mewtwo now. I got my Smash Bros. CD back on February 24th. I want him now.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really want my Mewtwo now. I got my Smash Bros. CD back on February 24th. I want him now.
Patience is a virtue. They're likely ironing out the last few bugs and such before letting him loose on the world so he has maximum destruction potential.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably locking the majority of threads that are created. Being more strict on the spam policy. etc.

No one cares if "when might I/I have received my codes," "how do I download," "Mewtwo First Impressions," poorly made/little researched moveset guides, "Why Mewtwo Should Be Banned," etc.

Depends on how large the flood is. Should last as long as a week or two, and may comeback when you can purchase DLC. Though in the long run, once this board starts getting into it's own groove things may change again as well. IDK

....Could you name the Mewtwo question and answer thread "Mutually Exclusive Dichotomy"?

That would be sick :p
I don't get it. But will keep it in mind.

And changing the icon to the render art, like with all the other characters. :p
You gotta nag Warchamp about that. Don't give him any slack.

Q&A - Mods Only, especially because DLC FAQ.
Moveset - Will start the project a short time after release, the current moveset thread will substitute it for now, a sign up thread will be made.
Videos - Pretty much anyone, though it is something that is very hard to manage.
Match Ups - Pretty much anyone, though preferably someone who's a regular in the Character Competitive thread/knows what they're talking about.
General Match Ups - Anyone, helps keep the main MU thread organized
Player Finder - Anyone, I personally don't care if it's made or not, regulars/competitive mains will appear eventually anyway.
Custom Moveset Project - Mods or AA himself, will be hectic because of EVO prep

Also keep in mind that Skype can kill character boards easily, I would not recommend making one especially if Mewtwo turns into a rarely seen character. It can have it's use, but it should be held off upon or at the least kept to PMs. It's a HUGE double edged sword.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Probably locking the majority of threads that are created. Being more strict on the spam policy. etc.

No one cares if "when might I/I have received my codes," "how do I download," "Mewtwo First Impressions," poorly made/little researched moveset guides, "Why Mewtwo Should Be Banned," etc.

Depends on how large the flood is. Should last as long as a week or two, and may comeback when you can purchase DLC. Though in the long run, once this board starts getting into it's own groove things may change again as well. IDK

I don't get it. But will keep it in mind.

You gotta nag Warchamp about that. Don't give him any slack.

Q&A - Mods Only, especially because DLC FAQ.
Moveset - Will start the project a short time after release, the current moveset thread will substitute it for now, a sign up thread will be made.
Videos - Pretty much anyone, though it is something that is very hard to manage.
Match Ups - Pretty much anyone, though preferably someone who's a regular in the Character Competitive thread/knows what they're talking about.
General Match Ups - Anyone, helps keep the main MU thread organized
Player Finder - Anyone, I personally don't care if it's made or not, regulars/competitive mains will appear eventually anyway.
Custom Moveset Project - Mods or AA himself, will be hectic because of EVO prep

Also keep in mind that Skype can kill character boards easily, I would not recommend making one especially if Mewtwo turns into a rarely seen character. It can have it's use, but it should be held off upon or at the least kept to PMs. It's a HUGE double edged sword.
Dichotomy means a partition of a whole into 2 parts (hence mew and mewtwo) and mutually exclusive means that only one of the two are supposed to exist. And that most people ask what it means so yeah:p

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Dichotomy means a partition of a whole into 2 parts (hence mew and mewtwo) and mutually exclusive means that only one of the two are supposed to exist. And that most people ask what it means so yeah:p
Wow that is actually really clever. I like it! Let's use it!

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Wow that is actually really clever. I like it! Let's use it!
So if this was to happen, that would mean that it'd be obligatory to put the definition in the first post and have people direct the newbies to said post when they inevitably ask: "What's that mean?"

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Nintendo's not that much of a jerk. And if that were the case, the soundtrack would be officially for sale online as well, which as far as I know, it isn't. I'm pretty sure we'll all get our codes at around the same time. Probably in varying time intervals but it's unlikely that some will get theirs first and others weeks later.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Except if they edit things frame-by-frame, which is possible. ArtsyOmni showed that you didn't even need an actual 3D render to make a convincing fake. His "smashified" stuff? Those are ****ing paintings. Paintings made entirely in Photoshop.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
So if this was to happen, that would mean that it'd be obligatory to put the definition in the first post and have people direct the newbies to said post when they inevitably ask: "What's that mean?"
To be fair, the Spoon Sword isn't really known by non-manga readers (which I'm pretty sure is the majority of the people). I think Mutually Exclusive Dichotomy is a pretty neat name, but yeah I can see why some may not like it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Except if they edit things frame-by-frame, which is possible. ArtsyOmni showed that you didn't even need an actual 3D render to make a convincing fake. His "smashified" stuff? Those are ****ing paintings. Paintings made entirely in Photoshop.
But not even the Rayman leak showed actual Gameplay.
Sure, it showed the CSS, but it didn't show Mewtwo screensplatting or something like the ESRB leak did. That'd be far more difficult to pull off with just a "painting".

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
the thought just occured to me for mewtwos side-b... why not psystrike be used like rosalinas side b (but with shards of psychic energy)? except repeatedly tapping b would release more psychic shards and would get slowly stronger? and for down b it would use barrier which acts as a reflector.

But not even the Rayman leak showed actual Gameplay.
Sure, it showed the CSS, but it didn't show Mewtwo screensplatting or something like the ESRB leak did. That'd be far more difficult to pull off with just a "painting".
with that quality model that isnt seen in project m or smash 3 it would be pretty damn hard to photoshop accurately... even if they were a hell of an artist. ESPECIALLY screen-splatting, which the rayman leak didn't do. maybe the leaker intentionally threw in misinformation to divert nintendos ever-protective hands or to raise debate.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
To be fair, the Spoon Sword isn't really known by non-manga readers (which I'm pretty sure is the majority of the people).
I'd feel sorry for those A-Rank Cool People, but then I remember there will be kids growing up with M16 Mewtwo. :ohwell:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'd feel sorry for those A-Rank Cool People, but then I remember there will be kids growing up with M16 Mewtwo. :ohwell:
And those are Sakurai's target audience.

"**** you, older players. Go out and get jobs already, and stop ruining my game." – Sakurai, probably.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

"**** you, older players. Go out and get jobs already, and stop ruining my game." – Sakurai, probably.
Let's not get into unrelated and flame bait territory here.

We'll have to wait and see how Sakurai handles things, but it's a good bet he's probably restrained by TPC in what he can do, and either way, the salt won't be as nearly strong as the decisions made by the anime to trick fans and deliver an unfinished product to newcomers.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Let's not get into unrelated and flame bait territory here.

We'll have to wait and see how Sakurai handles things, but it's a good bet he's probably restrained by TPC in what he can do, and either way, the salt won't be as nearly strong as the decisions made by the anime to trick fans and deliver an unfinished product to newcomers.
i saw the first movie when it was in theatres. and i don't mind female mewtwo. like, at all.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

What?

Not all older players are competitive, if that's what you're implying, for one. I know plenty of people who loved Brawl; not just little kids.
In fact that game was rated T...

Besides, if he hated older fans so much, why would he include retro characters like Mega Man and Duck Hunt?
Or characters from games with older audiences, like Shulk and the FE characters?

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
What?

Not all older players are competitive, if that's what you're implying, for one. I know plenty of people who loved Brawl; not just little kids.
In fact that game was rated T...

Besides, if he hated older fans so much, why would he include retro characters like Mega Man and Duck Hunt?
Or characters from games with older audiences, like Shulk and the FE characters?
i liked brawl, despite no mewtwo.
and solid snake is DEFINITELY not from a kids game. or did you forget about all the pervy easter eggs from the mgs series?

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman

That would totally suck if that happens. With my luck I'd be one of the last to get my code hahaha

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
i saw the first movie when it was in theatres. and i don't mind female mewtwo. like, at all.
Nothing particularly wrong with female Mewtwo, hence Smash fans probably won't care too much, but it's a lie not to say the character was handled poorly story/character development wise in an attempt to appeal to newcomers while trying to bring back older fans who were given heavy suggestions it was the original.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I dislike female Mewtwo a lot, haha. Just doesn't feel right to me. I've always liked his villainous voice in the first and second movie.

Top Bottom