• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Also, the hands on the model look pretty dumb, too.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Croph Croph
Who will get to Roy first I wonder? :p
WHO HAS SUMMONED ME FROM MY LAIR!?

I haven't posted in the Mewtwo social since well idk... err well, it was actually the support thread before his DLC confirmation. Whatevs, I seriously can't wait for Mewtwo. Might be a potential secondary if I like him. And yes Spoon Sword Mewtwo is best Mewtwo

But yeah, with any leaks I'm usually skeptical (unless leaker is well known). For me, something like this is fake until proven. Plus there's iffy things going on with this leak (as pointed out already). But hey, I'm always one to see awesome Roy models, even if they're fake. =P Here's hoping though.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yea that Mewtwo has Femtwo eyes when Smash 4 Mewtwo doesn't. First dead giveaway. Unless they decided to change the artstyle after the model was already done and redid the whole model this is fake.

Not to mention why would Roy be beside Marth while Mewtwo is not with the Pokemon. Why would Duck Hunt all of a sudden move and break the carefully designed CSS pattern.

WHY would the first and last row NOT move and make a perfect rectangle? Why are Mewtwo and Roy the only 2 characters who don't redo the CSS shape, instead they are just pasted into the picture.

Clearly fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just have a hard time imagining how people can actually believe that leak can be real. I mean, come ON guys, you're smarter than that, and you know it. You're Mewtwo mains after all. Look at Roy when he's selected: his name is in the middle of the frame instead of to the left like in the actual game. Mewtwo's model when selected looks way too hideous and nothing like the one shown at the 50 Fact Extravaganza.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Or maybe they'll have the Femtwo style as an alternate costume, like they did for Alph? And the leaker is playing 8-Player Smash, so Mewtwo's portrait could have ended up offscreened in the image itself; it does cut off abruptly right at Shulk's portrait. The CSS looks pretty decent, though; it has the enlarged potrait for Roy correct.

Mewtwo's placement on the CSS may have been so that they didn't have to change the entire bottom row besides the Miis; putting him with the other Pokemon would force Captain Falcon's CSS icon onto the bottom row, which would force the Random icon into it's own row. It could also be a beta test that will end up being different in the final release, so this could be preliminary.

As for the stiffness complaints, it's likely because the only clear shot of him in-game is a shot of him plastered against the screen and not actually in motion. :p

haydyn

Smash Cadet
Yea that Mewtwo has Femtwo eyes when Smash 4 Mewtwo doesn't. First dead giveaway. Unless they decided to change the artstyle after the model was already done and redid the whole model this is fake.

what is the difference between mewtwo and femtwo's eyes?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Or maybe they'll have the Femtwo style as an alternate costume, like they did for Alph? And the leaker is playing 8-Player Smash, so Mewtwo's portrait could have ended up offscreened in the image itself; it does cut off abruptly right at Shulk's portrait. The CSS looks pretty decent, though; it has the enlarged potrait for Roy correct.

Mewtwo's placement on the CSS may have been so that they didn't have to change the entire bottom row besides the Miis; putting him with the other Pokemon would force Captain Falcon's CSS icon onto the bottom row, which would force the Random icon into it's own row. It could also be a beta test that will end up being different in the final release, so this could be preliminary.

As for the stiffness complaints, it's likely because the only clear shot of him in-game is a shot of him plastered against the screen and not actually in motion. :p
- Fair enough. FemTwo could be a skin and please the MaleTwo and FemTwo fans.
- Seems suspicious we don't see his icon nonetheless
- DHD is literally going off the screen and Roy's placement makes no sense considering Mewtwo isn't with the other Pokemon.
- It literally looks emotionless and exactly like the model. Other characters have different poses and surprised faces when they hit the screen.

Roy in himself makes this fake.
He isn't in all pictures and he screws up the CSS with his placement.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I just have a hard time imagining how people can actually believe that leak can be real. I mean, come ON guys, you're smarter than that, and you know it. You're Mewtwo mains after all. Look at Roy when he's selected: his name is in the middle of the frame instead of to the left like in the actual game. Mewtwo's model when selected looks way too hideous and nothing like the one shown at the 50 Fact Extravaganza.
True.
Also remember the "totally convincing 100% confirming Rayman-Leak"?
People ate it up and got hyped way too much over nothing.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just KNOW Mewtwo is not going to be with the rest of the Pokémon and I will absolutely HATE that. It's going to be like Mario Kart 8: the DLC characters appear in the CSS even if you haven't bought them. He will most likely be placed between Sonic and the Miis.

It will look horrible, oh my God...

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

The CSS is ordered in code. Placing Mewtwo anywhere would take the exact same amount of work and time. Also placing him after the Pokemon would have left the random slot exactly in the same place it is in that picture as he is before the random slot anyways.

The 50 fact extravaganza model and this model are different, why would they remake the model at all? Also why is Mewtwo clearly selectd yet the name still says "Player 1". Why is Roy's name so huge and have a different font than all the other names?

what is the difference between mewtwo and femtwo's eyes?
They have a more circular shape, less prominent eyebrows and the eyes make Mewtwo look kinda stupid (Stupid as in not of a sharp mind. But this is an opinion). Regular Mewtwo's eyes make him look fierce and kind of mad/pissed off.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm absolutely amazed that literally anyone is actually even considering this. It's so obviously fake.

I know we all reaaally just want to see Mewtwo already but... Come on guys... You know this is bull.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The smart thing for Nintendo to do would be to announce a direct.
But this is Nintendo and logic doesn't make sense to them (because they're in Labyrinthia).

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
- Fair enough. FemTwo could be a skin and please the MaleTwo and FemTwo fans.
- Seems suspicious we don't see his icon nonetheless
- DHD is literally going off the screen and Roy's placement makes no sense considering Mewtwo isn't with the other Pokemon.
- It literally looks emotionless and exactly like the model. Other characters have different poses and surprised faces when they hit the screen.

Roy in himself makes this fake.
He isn't in all pictures and he screws up the CSS with his placement.
it might have roys inclusion to cast doubt :p i know leakers who say something true and then for spicyness they toss in something fake.
though i agree. TWO clones of the same character wouldnt make much sense. besides, we already HAVE roy.:4roy:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
it might have roys inclusion to cast doubt :p i know leakers who say something true and then for spicyness they toss in something fake.
though i agree. TWO clones of the same character wouldnt make much sense. besides, we already HAVE roy.:4roy:
It's more Roy's positioning and lack of consistent appearances on the roster that have me heavily doubting this.
I want another FE character but Roy is also one of the last I'd pick. Zelgius or Tiki please!

The only true thing is that Mewtwo is on the roster.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
It's more Roy's positioning and lack of consistent appearances on the roster that have me heavily doubting this.
I want another FE character but Roy is also one of the last I'd pick. Zelgius or Tiki please!

The only true thing is that Mewtwo is on the roster.
we at least havent seen this model of mewtwo before. in either project m or smash 3.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
we at least havent seen this model of mewtwo before. in either project m or smash 3.
We said that about Omni's Rayman other than having a few similarities to some previous artwork but even then it wasn't exactly the same.
It looks like the Mewtwo render from the 50 facts but with his hands raised and covered in shadow. His tail's raised too.
Potato camera doesn't help.

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
We said that about Omni's Rayman other than having a few similarities to some previous artwork but even then it wasn't exactly the same.
It looks like the Mewtwo render from the 50 facts but with his hands raised and covered in shadow. His tail's raised too.
Potato camera doesn't help.
not so quick to throw THIS one away. it looks quite convincing.
plus i counted out 7 characters in the percentage thingy. mewtwos portrait may be offscreen.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Yeah, the potato quality and still images do little to help us here. I could see Roy coming back if he becomes different, but Mewtwo looks convincing enough. The model from the 50-Fact stream wasn't finalized anyways, so it's possible that this is the finished model.

But Omni has made us all suspicious of leaks even after the game's release, so maybe this is a false leak. It looks pretty convincing, though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't see how anyone can be convinced by this when Roy is basically proof it's a fake as well as all the suspicious stuff (Still image of Mewtwo's Screen KO, Missing Icon etc.)
If he really has Mewtwo then show us some gameplay.
It's either gameplay or go home with leaks now due to ESRB and Omni.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The only reason I don't write off every leak absolutely (unless it's clearly broken or deliberately satirical) is that I was scouring for evidence to disprove the ESRB leak, gameplay footage of which did not exist until shortly after the initial CSS snapshot.

That said, that's a very different context from what we've got here. That was an insider leak from an official agency, this is ostensibly a friend-of-a-friend playing the game from the leisure of their own home. There's no excuse to not have gameplay footage. So yeah, pretty damn fake.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
what happened to Mewtwo's emotions and eye glare, the model just looks like a G-Mod dummy.

Also Roy gets to be next the fire emblem characters but Mewtwo doesn't get to be near the other Pokemon?

Also the Amiibo picture is incorrect, Mewtwo's shadow should be more realistic, not a circle unless it is the 3DS version, which in this case it isn't, so yeah it's fake now, look at this pic of an actual Amiibo screen

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I thought the Mewtwo looked pretty convincing at first, but the Roy looks REALLY fake...

The story is also kinda suspicious. 98% sure it's fake.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Not really.
It just goes to show that there's actual effort being put into leaks now (aside from this one).
yeah but I liked when leaks were just a pictures and that was all it took for us now we take hours looking at pixels,looking for charcter models,and getting hyped over something that is faked (like the rayman leak)

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Just came to my mind:

Where did this artwork originate from? Pokemon Stadium? Somewhere else?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Not even close

1. The word roy is too big
  2. The blackbar that has the character name on mewtwos is not align
  3. The mewtwo model is incorrect (the eyes is the give away of that)
  4. On the mewtwo screen ko box you cannont see mewtwos damage meter box (a red flag)
  5. Thats smash 3 mewtwo
  6. Not one of the other screens shows roy gameplay
  7. Mewtwos tail is pointing up the same way, on the amiibo and screen, and ko screen
  8. The boxes should be aligned becauses thats 13 x4
  9. Roy magicly disapear in one of the photos
  10. Mewtwo is not next to greninja nor pikachu or in between, while roy is next to a fire emblem character.
  11. And last but not least the dumbest mistake NEXT TIME CHECK IF THE FIRE BACKGROUND ALIGNS!!! (Mewtwos and roys do not align with the fire)

Do your checking before you post something.
Are you ****ing dumb?

Yes I thought so. I had originally posted this link before, I had already checked this... I already know this **** dude.

Literally all of my opinions were posted here:
This is what Tom13 is talking about.

Just looking at it, I will say that it is similar to the other supposed leak a few pages back, what with the purple flames and all. However, Mewtwo's model is of much higher quality in this image. Possibly, the other leak was a really early development screenshot, so Mewtwo's model wouldn't have been fully optimized yet. Mewtwo's model also looks to somewhat line up with 50-Fact Extravaganza's, though more fine-tuned.

One thing that's definitely in this leak's favor is the absence of models we've seen before. Mewtwo's model doesn't look like anything we've seen, and neither does Roy's. They're completely new. Additionally, the flames on Mewtwo's portrait don't carry over to his CSS box, which seems like something the devs would do for clarity purposes. However, its also an inconsistency. The flames that Mewtwo and Roy both have on their portraits could be some sort of promotional thing to make the DLC characters similar in some way, but that's just me grasping at straws. Roy being added in as a clone of Marth could be interpreted as a reason for why Mewtwo is taking so long, since they're going to release Roy alongside him. However, Roy isn't down there with the rest of the clones. It's possible that Roy has been de-cloned, or at least made into a Falco-esque not-quite-a-clone, but it seems rather unlikely that the devs would have that kind of time on their hands. That's most likely a point against the leak.

There are also several other things against this leak. For one, notice how Roy's CSS box only appears in his screenshot. It's absent everywhere else. Now, while this is definitely something against this, it could be that he downloaded Mewtwo first, took screenshots, and then downloaded Roy and took a screenshot. Unlikely, I know, but a possibility. Also, Mewtwo's portrait lacks the "Mewtwo" name banner that should appear. That's a huge point against this leak. Notice the strange white dot in the lower right corner of Mewtwo's CSS Box in the first and second screenshots. It looks like one of his fingers without the flames, but its absent in the rest of the images. It could be part of the background, but considering that its in two pictures taken at different times, its unlikely. Additionally, take notice of how Roy's name and shadow have appeared in the first screenshot, despite him not being selected yet. And, look at how Mewtwo's and Roy's portraits cut off at different points. Mewtwo's is correct, cutting off at the end of the red area, but Roy's cuts off at the edge of the entire box, which isn't correct, as well as being an inconsistency.

At this point, I would say that this leak is almost certainly fake. A well-done fake, to be sure, but still a fake.

EDIT: Just read the leaker's Update, and he said the names hadn't been added at the time that he first played. That's super suspicious, but it is worth noting that he acknowledged a mistake on the leak.
So how about you decide to look around before calling me out on anything.

You sir are the idiot here :glare:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Mewtwo's "Screen" in Amiibo has his tail up. This adds more mt my reasons why I don't believe this "leak", and I don't know why Mewtwo would have an Amiibo as he's a DLC character.
I know this is fake, but why would Mewtwo not have an amiibo? We have 2 more waves coming, Mewtwo will likely be out before both, he can still have one.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Nothing about that is even slightly believable. That guy makes a new one each day. Two days ago, Ice Climbers and Lucas were back with Mewtwo. Looking forward to his Pichu fake tomorrow.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
yeah but I liked when leaks were just a pictures and that was all it took for us now we take hours looking at pixels,looking for charcter models,and getting hyped over something that is faked (like the rayman leak)
I'd just rather there weren't leaks at all. It creates needless tension in the fanbase over
"It's real!"
"No it's not you suck!"
And so on.

Top Bottom