• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
They decided not to have a direct for two months in a row, it wouldn't be surprising at all if to make up for that they have the next direct be at the very beginning of next month.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I've used Mewtwo for the last two hours playing Melee and, God, his Neutral Air NEEDS to return. It's just way too good.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I've used Mewtwo for the last two hours playing Melee and, God, his Neutral Air NEEDS to return. It's just way too good.
I'm surprised my copy of melee still works despite the disc having scratches all over it (the invincible disc), also man do the controls feel wonky when you haven't played it since 2012. (also C3CC when on training mode hold A on the restet selection, its so much fun, you'll see).

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Is there anyone here who:
1. Owns a Wii U but
2. Has never played Golden Sun
3. But REALLY wants to?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Is there anyone here who:
1. Owns a Wii U but
2. Has never played Golden Sun
3. But REALLY wants to?
1. Yes.
2. Yes
3. In middle
Maybe if I'm intrigued enough by his gameplay in SSF2 Beta, then I'll definitely try his games out :p

Also, this won't be relevant to many because Australia, but the EB Games Expo is on in 2015 and is confirmed for Sydney again

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
1. Yes.
2. Yes
3. In middle
Maybe if I'm intrigued enough by his gameplay in SSF2 Beta, then I'll definitely try his games out :p

Also, this won't be relevant to many because Australia, but the EB Games Expo is on in 2015 and is confirmed for Sydney again
I never go to the EB expo.
E3 is the only true gaming convention.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
one more thing, i hope they keep his dash attack for the battering items (beam sword, lip stick, star rod etc.)
The way Mewtwo used items was freaking awesome. It would be a serious mistake if that was changed.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I never go to the EB expo.
E3 is the only true gaming convention.
Nah nah nah m8, you are missing out on so much with dat attitude you ****in potato headed looking druggo :smirk:

But seriously tho, EB Expo 2014 was so freaking good.
Mainly because I played Smash 4 Wii U non stop because everyone was lining up for the 3DS version for some reason :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
That's good to know. It'd be cool if they did some little tournament for Smash 4 there. Hopefully it'll be at a time when the HSC exams are finished.:b:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Anyone want a DL code? I've got some Club Nintendo coins to burn.
Eh, I don't think your code would work for me. Different region and all.
Nah nah nah m8, you are missing out on so much with dat attitude you ****in potato headed looking druggo :smirk:

But seriously tho, EB Expo 2014 was so freaking good.
Mainly because I played Smash 4 Wii U non stop because everyone was lining up for the 3DS version for some reason :p
I wouldn't have been able to remain sane waiting for Smash if I played that demo. I just wouldn't be able to handle the wait after playing just a bit of it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Eh, I don't think your code would work for me. Different region and all.

I wouldn't have been able to remain sane waiting for Smash if I played that demo. I just wouldn't be able to handle the wait after playing just a bit of it.
Well, I had too wait.

I even had pre-ordered a copy of Smash 4 with the GC adapter before I even got my Wii U LOL XD :p

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Keep your filthy generosity and kindness away from our negativity and pessimism.
Pessimism isn't healthy! Let's all be friends! We all have a lot in common! The same game, the same character, the same loyalty. Maybe if we started looking at what's the same instead of looking at what's different... well, who knows? Being positive is healthy for the body and soul~~~ :b: :chuckle: :colorful: :laugh:

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
But not for Mewtwo DX
Nah dude. Didn't you watch the second movie? He fought for his friends and risked his life to save them. Mewtwo feeds off of negative energy? Blasphemy! Yeah, yeah, throughout most of the first movie he wanted to rule the world and cause chaos and stuff. He only did that though because he wanted senpai (AKA Mew) to notice him! He didn't mean any harm. He changed his ways when senpai did notice him at the end of the first movie. Mewtwo's just a tsundere. At the end of the first movie and throughout the second one he was as kind as a little kitty cat.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Nah dude. Didn't you watch the second movie? He fought for his friends and risked his life to save them. Mewtwo feeds off of negative energy? Blasphemy! Yeah, yeah, throughout most of the first movie he wanted to rule the world and cause chaos and stuff. He only did that though because he wanted senpai (AKA Mew) to notice him! He didn't mean any harm. He changed his ways when senpai did notice him at the end of the first movie. Mewtwo's just a tsundere. At the end of the first movie and throughout the second one he was as kind as a little kitty cat.

:150: thrives on negativity. Everyone should keep feeding it.
This ^

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm surprised my copy of melee still works despite the disc having scratches all over it (the invincible disc), also man do the controls feel wonky when you haven't played it since 2012. (also C3CC when on training mode hold A on the restet selection, its so much fun, you'll see).
Mine works perfectly :) It hadn't been that long for me; I actually played it in December while I waited for my copy of Smash 4 to arrive. The controls DO feel wonky, though. That game is so fast, hahaha. OMG I didn't know about that last part, thank you! It was fun indeed hahahaha

one more thing, i hope they keep his dash attack for the battering items (beam sword, lip stick, star rod etc.)
YES, especially the way he swings the Hammer!

He fought for his friends
:4myfriends:?

I just played the Fourside stage like a hundred times. It's so fun, and I just love its music. I think it fits Mewtwo pretty well: a huge city in the night that has this ominous feel to it... If only they brought it back (or at least its music).

Last edited:

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Hopefully longer than that time everyone gave up on Mewtwo. "OH all characters unlocked on the live stream and he has a trophy, I give up! No Mewtwo!" And in my head I was just like.. dlc.. just wait..

It's the same this time.. let's just all keep the hype going! At least this time around we KNOW Mewtwo is coming. It's REAL!
GAIS GAIS LEWK MOOTOO! *is completely insane from laughing at this.*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNtGSTbq6XU

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys seen that Mewtwo blogspot leak? I would post a link to it, but I don't have 10 posts to be able to post a link.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
No, it was something like "Mewtwo DLC Blogspot". It's in a locked thread where it wasn't to be discussed on in this Mewtwo forum. Part of the thread name leading to the name, in which the url to it is in the title at the end, was called "NEW MEWTWO LEAK CHECK IT OUT". That's what it was called.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This is what Tom13 is talking about.

Just looking at it, I will say that it is similar to the other supposed leak a few pages back, what with the purple flames and all. However, Mewtwo's model is of much higher quality in this image. Possibly, the other leak was a really early development screenshot, so Mewtwo's model wouldn't have been fully optimized yet. Mewtwo's model also looks to somewhat line up with 50-Fact Extravaganza's, though more fine-tuned.

One thing that's definitely in this leak's favor is the absence of models we've seen before. Mewtwo's model doesn't look like anything we've seen, and neither does Roy's. They're completely new. Additionally, the flames on Mewtwo's portrait don't carry over to his CSS box, which seems like something the devs would do for clarity purposes. However, its also an inconsistency. The flames that Mewtwo and Roy both have on their portraits could be some sort of promotional thing to make the DLC characters similar in some way, but that's just me grasping at straws. Roy being added in as a clone of Marth could be interpreted as a reason for why Mewtwo is taking so long, since they're going to release Roy alongside him. However, Roy isn't down there with the rest of the clones. It's possible that Roy has been de-cloned, or at least made into a Falco-esque not-quite-a-clone, but it seems rather unlikely that the devs would have that kind of time on their hands. That's most likely a point against the leak.

There are also several other things against this leak. For one, notice how Roy's CSS box only appears in his screenshot. It's absent everywhere else. Now, while this is definitely something against this, it could be that he downloaded Mewtwo first, took screenshots, and then downloaded Roy and took a screenshot. Unlikely, I know, but a possibility. Also, Mewtwo's portrait lacks the "Mewtwo" name banner that should appear. That's a huge point against this leak. Notice the strange white dot in the lower right corner of Mewtwo's CSS Box in the first and second screenshots. It looks like one of his fingers without the flames, but its absent in the rest of the images. It could be part of the background, but considering that its in two pictures taken at different times, its unlikely. Additionally, take notice of how Roy's name and shadow have appeared in the first screenshot, despite him not being selected yet. And, look at how Mewtwo's and Roy's portraits cut off at different points. Mewtwo's is correct, cutting off at the end of the red area, but Roy's cuts off at the edge of the entire box, which isn't correct, as well as being an inconsistency.

At this point, I would say that this leak is almost certainly fake. A well-done fake, to be sure, but still a fake.

EDIT: Just read the leaker's Update, and he said the names hadn't been added at the time that he first played. That's super suspicious, but it is worth noting that he acknowledged a mistake on the leak.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Given the whole Rayman debacle, I'm taking this whole leak with as tiny a grain of salt as possible, including the validity of Mewtwo's character portrait.

Top Bottom