• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
They just announced Zelda won't be out this year. They should drop a Mewtwo trailer right now.

Edit: AND they're not showing it at E3. Wow, they need to give us some good news.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Alright back to Mewtwo, i don't want to lose focus. I was dreaming of Mewtwo's final smash, it was so awesome!

Mewtwo mega evolves into Mega Y while saying "BEHOLD MY POWER!" with Jay Goede as the voice, or in whatever voice you prefer.

Mewtwo then goes to the left center of the screen and shoots a whole bunch of Psystrike pellets (that automatically angles from down to up).

Then he goes to the right and fires a medium sized purple laser (that automatically angles from up to down).

And he finally goes to the top center of the screen and charges up energy and fires a humongous laser (that an be angled on your own).

:)

not to be narcissistic, but i really love the dreams I make!

Last edited:

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Has time seemed to slow for anyone else since the announcement about Mewtwo? Even though I don't think we'll see him until next week at the earliest, I keep anxiously watching my email...

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I don't play much Zelda myself, but look at the bright side guys! Zelda U is gonna be even better than before!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Also, I think Mewtwo might have a new up special, because he can't learn Teleport after generation 1 in anyway without hax. and were looking at new Mewtwo here anyway.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Also, I think Mewtwo might have a new up special, because he can't learn Teleport after generation 1 in anyway without hax. and were looking at new Mewtwo here anyway.
Consistency to previous Smash games is probably much more important to Sakurai than consistency to... nothing. Transferring a Mewtwo allows him to keep teleport and he could technically learn it if there was a way to teach it to him (So it's not even consistency to the games or anything, it's only you nitpicking).

Look at Ganondorf. Pikachu has attacks that aren't even real in either the Anime or the games and he's kept them forever. Jigglypuff got 0 new fairy attacks. The list goes on.

Plus I would say Teleport and Shadow Ball are Mewtwo's 2 key moves in Melee. It would be like changing Peach's Parasol or Jigg's Sing.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Consistency to previous Smash games is probably much more important to Sakurai than consistency to... nothing. Transferring a Mewtwo allows him to keep teleport and he could technically learn it if there was a way to teach it to him (So it's not even consistency to the games or anything, it's only you nitpicking).

Look at Ganondorf. Pikachu has attacks that aren't even real in either the Anime or the games and he's kept them forever. Jigglypuff got 0 new fairy attacks. The list goes on.

Plus I would say Teleport and Shadow Ball are Mewtwo's 2 key moves in Melee. It would be like changing Peach's Parasol or Jigg's Sing.
True, never mind then, I do prefer Teleport anyway it was just an assumption.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Man...it's becoming really difficult to wait for Mewtwo to be released now that it's spring. I usually lurk hear on and off, but I'd like to share my thoughts on his model and some ideas on his moveset.

Anyways, his new model looks awesome! I really like the design choice Sakurai and his team went for. It looks like his new model is based off his latest movie...or is it based on his X/Y design? Whatever it is, it looks great.

Now I must say this about his PM model. While I do really appreciate the developers of Project M for making Mewtwo, I was never really fond of his model. Something just looked off about it. I know it's model was based off Melee, but I even think his Melee model looked better than his PM model. Playing as PM Mewtwo back in the day just made me yearn for him to be in the new official smash game even more.

Another thing I'd like to share is that even before the Rayman leak was confirmed fake, something about Mewtwo's portrait just didn't sit well with me, even though I was leaning towards the leak being real. So when it was confirmed fake I wasn't all that surprised. I'm sure some of you guys felt the same, right?

The changes I'd like to see for Mewtwo is for his jab and smash attacks to be faster, stronger, and have better range. Disable and Confusion need to either buffed or replaced with new specials. Shadow Ball needs to charge up a bit faster and have less recoil when used in the air. Teleport is fine the way it is, but having it's traveling distance slightly increased wouldn't hurt. Have F-throw deal more damage and slightly more knockback. For balancing purposes make all his tilts weaker and have slightly less range. Give is Dair more range, and change his U-air to some aerial Psychic attack (he has enough attacks using his tail). I'd also like for him to become a floaty heavyweight like Samus, but I don't expect them to change his weight that drastically. I do think he'll be heavier, though. Of course I'd still be happy if Mewtwo got a copy/paste of his Melee moveset because I'm just happy he's in the game again!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, Pikachu still has Skull Bash after all this time, and it hasn't been able to learn that ever since Gen 2 came out.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The changes I'd like to see for Mewtwo is for his jab and smash attacks to be faster, stronger, and have better range. Disable and Confusion need to either buffed or replaced with new specials. Shadow Ball needs to charge up a bit faster and have less recoil when used in the air. Teleport is fine the way it is, but having it's traveling distance slightly increased wouldn't hurt. Have F-throw deal more damage and slightly more knockback. For balancing purposes make all his tilts weaker and have slightly less range. Give is Dair more range, and change his U-air to some aerial Psychic attack (he has enough attacks using his tail). I'd also like for him to become a floaty heavyweight like Samus, but I don't expect them to change his weight that drastically. I do think he'll be heavier, though. Of course I'd still be happy if Mewtwo got a copy/paste of his Melee moveset because I'm just happy he's in the game again!
Actually i have a list of changes, with most of them are a necessity and some are more of my opinion:

His normal moves that require his tail should give a bit more "oomph" in it. In Melee and Project M it felt like hitting people with thin rubber sticks.

His Down smash should hit both sides, that is a prime example of a necessity.

I always thought confusion was useless in all ways, recovery with it did nothing for the most part, with short range and bad reflecting abilities. He should have Psystrike as his new side special, he shoots psychic pellets in the front of him as a stalling move for rushing opponents and have bigger priority over small projectiles.

Disable can stay the same, maybe a bit more range.

His forward throw needs to somehow find a way to make ALL those small shadow balls actually connect (don't know how though).

Also make his down aerial hitbox bigger.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Actually i have a list of changes, with most of them are a necessity and some are more of my opinion:

His normal moves that require his tail should give a bit more "oomph" in it. In Melee and Project M it felt like hitting people with thin rubber sticks.

I always thought confusion was useless in all ways, recovery with it did nothing for the most part, with short range and bad reflecting abilities. He should have Psystrike as his new side special, he shoots psychic pellets in the front of him as a stalling move for rushing opponents and have bigger priority over small projectiles.

Disable can stay the same, maybe a bit more range.

His forward throw needs to somehow find a way to make ALL those small shadow balls actually connect (don't know how though).

Also make his down aerial hitbox bigger.
I can agree with most of these. However, I don't think his D-Smash should hit on both sides. I honestly don't think it's necessary, especially since his U-Smash already hits on both sides. If they increase the range of his U-Smash some, then I think it could achieve a similar, though somewhat inferior, effect to having a regular D-Smash. To compensate, I would make his D-Smash have a little more power in it so that, while it only hits on one side, it's worth it when you do hit with it. This way, Mewtwo still has that unique trait with him, but he's still effectively balanced.

I also disagree with replacing Confusion. I would modify it so that it has less ending lag in order to prevent opponents from hitting you after the hitbox dissipates, and also give it slightly larger range so that it's actually useable. More importantly, I would make it pop the opponents up in the air if you catch them with it so that it serves a purpose as a combo starter, and also make it properly reflect projectiles. Of course, there are other direction that you could take Confusion, but I definitely think it can be made useful without totally changing it's function.

As for Psystrike, I'd make it his Final Smash. As Mewtwo's Signature Move, I think it deserves a higher spot that just a Special Move. At least, that's how I feel about it.

About making all of his F-Throw's hits connect, I would have him psychically hold the opponent up in the air, fire several small Shadow Balls, and then have Mewtwo switch hands and shoot a slightly larger Shadow Ball that knocks the opponent out of his grasp. You keep the angle, satisfaction and coolness, but now you have consistent damage and a power that lives up to Mewtwo's other three throws.
Other than all of that, though, I agree with the rest of your points.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It would be interesting if Mewtwo could charge two shadow balls
Now that you mention it, I think that this would be really awesome! However, I do want to know how it would work. Like, how would you charge one Shadow Ball when you already have the other one charged up? I mean, I still think that it'd be pretty cool, but I'd only want it in the game if it can be implemented well.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
While I've always liked Mewtwo's d-smash in Melee, considering how good rolls are now, I think it might be best to make his d-smash hit both on sides. Maybe his new d-smash could have the same animation as melee's but instead of it ending once he hits the direction he's facing, he then sweeps his arm to the other direction.

That's a pretty neat idea. Another good move that could replace Confusion is Psychic. I don't have many ideas on how Psychic could work, but I would love for him to use this move. Maybe Psychic could be a Confusion with much better range, reflect projectiles, has properties of a command grab, and has KO potential. It kinda sounds like a broken move, haha. But yeah, Psystrike or Psychic would be good moves for replacing Confusion, imo.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Now that you mention it, I think that this would be really awesome! However, I do want to know how it would work. Like, how would you charge one Shadow Ball when you already have the other one charged up? I mean, I still think that it'd be pretty cool, but I'd only want it in the game if it can be implemented well.
Press B once to charge, Press B twice to throw. Something like that

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
An idea I thought would be cool would have Mewtwo's shadowballs having two different components. My idea was that holding B down would release a steady stream of smaller shadow balls (like his Melee forward-throw, in a way) and tapping B would start charging his normal shadow ball. I'm not sure how customs would work with something like this, though.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I would suggest that you charge up both at the same time, then you throw one at different times.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm done waiting. F*ck this, seriously. I have no patience left. Just announce him whenever you want, Nintendo. I won't even get my hopes up for a Direct for the remaining of March. I'm done with this.

*Plugs his Gamecube, starts playing Melee and chooses Mewtwo*

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm done waiting. F*ck this, seriously. I have no patience left. Just announce him whenever you want, Nintendo. I won't even get my hopes up for a Direct for the remaining of March. I'm done with this.

*Plugs his Gamecube, starts playing Melee and chooses Mewtwo*
Truly, the effects of "LackatusMewto" plague is starting to set into the thread...how much longer can we hold out?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Truly, the effects of "LackatusMewto" plague is starting to set into the thread...how much longer can we hold out?
Hopefully longer than that time everyone gave up on Mewtwo. "OH all characters unlocked on the live stream and he has a trophy, I give up! No Mewtwo!" And in my head I was just like.. dlc.. just wait..

It's the same this time.. let's just all keep the hype going! At least this time around we KNOW Mewtwo is coming. It's REAL!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Hopefully longer than that time everyone gave up on Mewtwo. "OH all characters unlocked on the live stream and he has a trophy, I give up! No Mewtwo!" And in my head I was just like.. dlc.. just wait..

It's the same this time.. let's just all keep the hype going! At least this time around we KNOW Mewtwo is coming. It's REAL!
We do? You do realize when Sakurai says "soon", he could simply mean "at the end of spring" or just delay him to next year or whatever.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Patience, friends! He's going to come! We just have to wait a little longer. Think about all the other cut veterans... we are extremely lucky that our boy is here! I completely understand how you all feel. I can't stop thinking about Mewtwo either. Every morning when I wake up I immediately check reddit, my email, and smashboards for any news regarding him. We just have to wait... fretting about it isn't going to help! Hang in there guys! He'll be here soon, I guarantee it! =)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Patience, friends! He's going to come! We just have to wait a little longer. Think about all the other cut veterans... we are extremely lucky that our boy is here! I completely understand how you all feel. I can't stop thinking about Mewtwo either. Every morning when I wake up I immediately check reddit, my email, and smashboards for any news regarding him. We just have to wait... fretting about it isn't going to help! Hang in there guys! He'll be here soon, I guarantee it! =)

Range

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2079-7847-2811
Well, maybe an advantage to him being stalled so long is that only the REALLY dedicated Mewtwo players will still have any interest in him now.

Mega Espeon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Espeon196TF
3DS FC
4511-0466-9842
You guys have to remember that Sakurai didn't say that Mewtwo is done. He said that Mewtwo is almost done. What that means, I don't know, but we will probably be getting Mewtwo by the end of the month, if not, early May.

Top Bottom