• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Hey guys.
You won't believe this, but Mewtwo actually has an infinite that works against a couple characters, but most notably, Sheik. :3
I made a video for you guys, showcasing it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Hey guys.
You won't believe this, but Mewtwo actually has an infinite that works against a couple characters, but most notably, Sheik. :3
Neat, but I'm going to stay a little skeptical. IDK it looks too easy.

Sleep is for the weak.
You do get paid a little more if you work a 3rd shift... ;)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I bought my first amiibo today. It was Mewtwo.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647

Hey guys.
that was amazing lmao finally something to counter sheik (//endsarcasm)
one question, was this with or without di?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's not night time until 10:00PM, I say. And during summer break, night doesn't start until 1:00AM.

Sleep is for the weak.
I'd say night time is after the sun completely sets. That would currently be around 5:30 to 6PM in my area.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
It would be cool if that worked speed, but it doesn't look too convincing at all. I'm sure a couple of those might true combo into each other but that's about it, but please do prove me wrong it would be great.

Gallant Blade

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-1379-3691
Wassup! I am back from the grave. In between college apps, trailer hype, TF2 binge watching, the Pokemon Anime and school plays, I had no time. But now I am back and nerdier than before!
I cannot wait for Pokken Tournament (still waiting for Porygon-Z and Golurk) and I hope you are all having a fun time!
So, any news on Mewtwo/Mr. 150/Our Fair Lady?
Going to my first tournament tomorrow!!! Wish me luck guys. :D
I wish I could be in a tournament...

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Just when I thought I knew the answers to life I do the up-smash and see the possibility that the hitboxes are sentient beings. Everything is a riddle...Exactly as our fair lady would have it.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Just when I thought I knew the answers to life I do the up-smash and see the possibility that the hitboxes are sentient beings. Everything is a riddle...Exactly as our fair lady would have it.
Maybe they too have very beautiful passions for killing like your character does. Life doesn't yield all the answers but perhaps the purple spheres do....

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
First tournament was pretty fun. I was nervous the whole damn time and being with a bunch of strangers didn't help at all (I went with a friend, but he's wayyyyy better than I am so he naturally went to hang out with the "good at smash" group).

Unfortunately, I didn't rep Mewtwo as much as I wanted to. Didn't use him for even a single game. I felt more comfortable with my Marth so I went him for all my matches (except one match against a G&W where I used Fox, and a match against a Greninja where I used Ike). So yeah... I call myself a Mewtwo main but in reality I'm probably a Marth one... sorry guys, but I like Marth as a character and he clicks with me, unlike Mewtwo whom I too like very much as a character but doesn't click at all... x-x

As for the results of my tournament... I got 17th place out of 51. Literally one set away from top 16. Did a lot better than I expected but I was pretty bummed out from not getting top 16. Ate sushi for dinner though so that cheered me up.

I didn't have a lot of trouble against the majority of my opponents except for a Fox, G&W, and Greninja. I got pretty unlucky in my pool. This was my first time at a tournament so my seed was extremely low. I had to face a power ranked player in my second match of the tournament (he's ranked number 2 btw. Yes, number 2). Used Marth both games and he destroyed me, as expected. Fast forward to a few sets later in the loser's bracket: I faced a G&W. I used Marth for the first two games. Won the first and lost the second. Disliked the matchup a lot so I switched to Fox to take the third match and the set. After beating the G&W, I faced a Greninja. Went Marth the first match and got wrecked. Didn't like this matchup either so I went Ike. I was doing well and was ahead of him until I decided to randomly fair offstage. Tried to recover but got gimped by Greninja's up-b. The salt was real. No johns though, Greninja player was sick and probably would have taken the set either way (he could predict most of what I did, frustratingly).

I played a bunch of friendlies there. Got a lot of experience points out of it. I won more than I lost so I'm proud of that.

This tournament is a monthly so I plan to go to every single one from now on. It was a pretty enlightening experience. It motivated me a lot to get better at this game. So yeah... Smash tournaments are pretty cool. Will plan to go to different ones in the future, but for now I'll stick to this one and rise up the ranks. My goal for now is to get top 16. After that, power rank (top 10). Finally, I plan to defeat the friend whom I came with to the tournament in a serious tournament match (I wasn't kidding when I said he was really good. He's power ranked #3).

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
First tournament was pretty fun. I was nervous the whole damn time and being with a bunch of strangers didn't help at all (I went with a friend, but he's wayyyyy better than I am so he naturally went to hang out with the "good at smash" group).

Unfortunately, I didn't rep Mewtwo as much as I wanted to. Didn't use him for even a single game. I felt more comfortable with my Marth so I went him for all my matches (except one match against a G&W where I used Fox, and a match against a Greninja where I used Ike). So yeah... I call myself a Mewtwo main but in reality I'm probably a Marth one... sorry guys, but I like Marth as a character and he clicks with me, unlike Mewtwo whom I too like very much as a character but doesn't click at all... x-x

As for the results of my tournament... I got 17th place out of 51. Literally one set away from top 16. Did a lot better than I expected but I was pretty bummed out from not getting top 16. Ate sushi for dinner though so that cheered me up.

I didn't have a lot of trouble against the majority of my opponents except for a Fox, G&W, and Greninja. I got pretty unlucky in my pool. This was my first time at a tournament so my seed was extremely low. I had to face a power ranked player in my second match of the tournament (he's ranked number 2 btw. Yes, number 2). Used Marth both games and he destroyed me, as expected. Fast forward to a few sets later in the loser's bracket: I faced a G&W. I used Marth for the first two games. Won the first and lost the second. Disliked the matchup a lot so I switched to Fox to take the third match and the set. After beating the G&W, I faced a Greninja. Went Marth the first match and got wrecked. Didn't like this matchup either so I went Ike. I was doing well and was ahead of him until I decided to randomly fair offstage. Tried to recover but got gimped by Greninja's up-b. The salt was real. No johns though, Greninja player was sick and probably would have taken the set either way (he could predict most of what I did, frustratingly).

I played a bunch of friendlies there. Got a lot of experience points out of it. I won more than I lost so I'm proud of that.

This tournament is a monthly so I plan to go to every single one from now on. It was a pretty enlightening experience. It motivated me a lot to get better at this game. So yeah... Smash tournaments are pretty cool. Will plan to go to different ones in the future, but for now I'll stick to this one and rise up the ranks. My goal for now is to get top 16. After that, power rank (top 10). Finally, I plan to defeat the friend whom I came with to the tournament in a serious tournament match (I wasn't kidding when I said he was really good. He's power ranked #3).
Awwww man....no Mewtwo rep? >-<
Anyways, good job on not getting last place like so many others do at their first tournament. xD You did exceptional for a first timer.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Awwww man....no Mewtwo rep? >-<
Anyways, good job on not getting last place like so many others do at their first tournament. xD You did exceptional for a first timer.
Mewtwo is just... aibgaoiubvi. I love him to death but I can't work with him. I honestly have no idea why I'm so bad with him.

Thank you!!! I was certain that I would get last or at least near last place, but I'm glad that my results were far from it! I desperately wanted the top 16 but I can live with not getting last place.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Remember, first tournament experiences always go bad, being in the top 17 is an extremely impressive fest for a first timer. And who cares if you didn't get to use Mewtwo? You were out of your comfort zone and felt like a different character would be better suited in these situations. I applaud you Rice boy, and hope you get better and better in the future

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I remember when I went to my first and only real Smash tournament (not counting the Mewtwo only tournament online here). It was a Melee one in 2005. I repped Mewtwo. I ended up losing my matches and not winning a single game. However, the one friendly I played was a free-for-all, and I used Pichu. Ended up getting second in that match, so Pichu became one of my mains/secondaries from then on. It was also why I decided I'm more of a casual player.

I did go to the Foundry in SF one week, but showed up too late to sign up. Ended up playing friendlies towards the end of the night. They were 8 player smash games, but people gradually left. I did better as there were less people, but I was being completely owned when there were 8 players. I repped Mewtwo the whole time except for a couple 1v1s. I've played around 5 matches of 1v1s with two different players, not 5 each. First guy I beat as Mewtwo with almost losing my last stock. Second match against same guy I think I 2 stocked as Ness. I got owned in my matches agaist the second guy though...played as Mewtwo the whole time against him.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Awesome! As others have said, you did great for a first-timer. Seventeenth place is fantastic. I'm sure you'll be up there in no time! Also, I don't blame you for not using Mewtwo. If he doesn't click with you, then you probably shouldn't use him at tournaments, no matter how much you like him. I, for example, wanted to main Iggy Koopa back when I first got Smash 4, but I just couldn't get him to click with me, so I dropped him. Now, I'm not necessarily saying you should drop Mewtwo, but I do think you made the intelligent decision when you chose to use Marth instead. Oh, and I applaud your ability to use multiple characters at tournament-worthy level. That is one of my weaknesses. I just can't play more than one character at a high level. Even though I usually tell people that Dr. Mario is my secondary, in reality, he's just the character I use the most in casual matches, followed by Lucina. I'm not very good with either of them, but I feel like I'm a pretty good Mewtwo. I don't know why I can't play more than one character at once, but I can't, so I figured I'd congratulate you on your ability to do so. Anyways, good job at the tournament! I'm sure you'll do just as well, if not better, next time!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I won't be able to go to tournaments till at least late 2016 but my current plan is to always use Mewtwo or R.O.B. game 1 and if I win, continue to use 1 of those 2, if I lose then switch to MK. If I win with MK then I stick with MK for that set.

Shows that I'm more of a casual player than a competitive one since I'd rather use the more fun characters first than the higher tiered ones. Then again, who knows where this games meta will be in late 2016. Patches to characters and mechanics, stages being added, characters too and general knowledge of mus and characters improving all the time.

This is all assuming Wolf doesn't become DLC. If that happens then everyone gets shafted for him, even if he ends up being the worst character in the game.

Oh and I got a Mewtwo amiibo recently. Not sure when I'm gonna train it but when I do, it'll be amusing to use things like Teleport ledge cancel, knowing the ai won't copy it. Link had the same issue a while back where they were not programmed to use zair on stage. Named the Mewtwo 'Cherry' and gave it the red outfit since every Mewtwo palette is a flavour to me.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
You know, I actually haven't though much about what I'll name my Mewtwo amiibo when I get it. Right now, I'm thinking that I'll name him "Resin" and set him to his orange palette swap. Get it? See, amber is fossilized tree resin, so it's like a reference to Ambertwo. I'll see my way out...

Also, that reminds me, I still need to train my Zelda amiibo.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I'm naming my Mewtwo Amiibo "M. Pultro" obviously.

...That is when I actually get around to opening it which I swear is out of preservation of her pristine condition and totally not because I keep forgetting to open it!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
So, Anti has a Mewtwo apparently, he almost chose Mewtwo vs. ZeRo at E2C, but then opted for Mario...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I still haven't decided on the name for my future Mewtwo amiibo.
I named my Charizard amiibo "Cuddles", so I may as well match a theme and call Mewtwo "Fluffy" or some other cutesy, cliche name.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, Anti has a Mewtwo apparently, he almost chose Mewtwo vs. ZeRo at E2C, but then opted for Mario...
Aw... I mean, similar to what I said to DrRiceBoy before, I don't blame Anti for choosing Mario, who I assume he's more comfortable with, but it still would've been cool to see Mewtwo get some high-level tournament action.
I still haven't decided on the name for my future Mewtwo amiibo.
I named my Charizard amiibo "Cuddles", so I may as well match a theme and call Mewtwo "Fluffy" or some other cutesy, cliche name.
...Is it bad that the first thing that comes to mind when I see the word "fluff" is the fanfiction genre? Not that I absolutely adore that kind of stuff or anything.

Sonicninja115

Aw... I mean, similar to what I said to DrRiceBoy before, I don't blame Anti for choosing Mario, who I assume he's more comfortable with, but it still would've been cool to see Mewtwo get some high-level tournament action.

...Is it bad that the first thing that comes to mind when I see the word "fluff" is the fanfiction genre? Not that I absolutely adore that kind of stuff or anything.
On the other hand, Anti plays everybody at a high level. It's kind of insane really. He has an amazing, Shiek, ZSS, Mario, WFT and Luigi.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Nah, my younger sister uses that word like that all the time.

...Maybe I should call it Fluffykins Jr. Is there even enough character spaces for that?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I know that people might have already figured this out, but regarding some of the gripes of Mega Mewtwo Y; despite its fragile appearance I think it makes sense as a forme upgrade because it fully embraces the concept of glass cannon to a much more extreme than base Mewtwo. It's body becomes smaller and slicker to adapt to the super speed it gains and the loss in mass happens to compensate for the extra special power. Also, remember how Mewtwo is a clone of Mew? Mewtwo Y resembles Mew more than the base form itself because it is smaller and simpler, so it can be seen as Mewtwo going back to its genetic roots. After all, Mew looks simple as well because its concept is based around the theory that all living being descend from a common, simple ancestor.

Sonicninja115

I know that people might have already figured this out, but regarding some of the gripes of Mega Mewtwo Y; despite its fragile appearance I think it makes sense as a forme upgrade because it fully embraces the concept of glass cannon to a much more extreme than base Mewtwo. It's body becomes smaller and slicker to adapt to the super speed it gains and the loss in mass happens to compensate for the extra special power. Also, remember how Mewtwo is a clone of Mew? Mewtwo Y resembles Mew more than the base form itself because it is smaller and simpler, so it can be seen as Mewtwo going back to its genetic roots. After all, Mew looks simple as well because its concept is based around the theory that all living being descend from a common, simple ancestor.
His forme fits his stats, it is definitely evolution. I can see why he looks the way he does.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mewtwo's attributes in Smash would make much more sense on Mega Mewtwo Y, considering on top of the size/weight reducition, it has lower base Defense than its regular form.

As cool as they made Psystrike, sorta disappointing that of all 3 Mega Evolution Final Smashes, Mewtwo's is the only one that doesn't let you control it beyond the initial attack.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Aw man, here we go again...

My condolences to those who played Project M, since I personally didn't care much about it, but as usual we are getting conspiracy nuts who are blindly blaming Nintendo for this without knowing the details. I really don't get this attitude from some of the more overzealous Project M fans of wanting to label Nintendo as the enemy of Smash, ironically, without good reason.

Mewtwo's attributes in Smash would make much more sense on Mega Mewtwo Y, considering on top of the size/weight reducition, it has lower base Defense than its regular form.

As cool as they made Psystrike, sorta disappointing that of all 3 Mega Evolution Final Smashes, Mewtwo's is the only one that doesn't let you control it beyond the initial attack.
That was actually one of the routes I thought they would take with Mewtwo. If it was made a transformation, it would probably be something in between Super Dragon and Super Sonic; flying around at high speeds while also being able to shoot psychic blasts.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Aw man, here we go again...

My condolences to those who played Project M, since I personally didn't care much about it, but as usual we are getting conspiracy nuts who are blindly blaming Nintendo for this without knowing the details. I really don't get this attitude from some of the more overzealous Project M fans of wanting to label Nintendo as the enemy of Smash, ironically, without good reason.

That was actually one of the routes I thought they would take with Mewtwo. If it was made a transformation, it would probably be something in between Super Dragon and Super Sonic; flying around at high speeds while also being able to shoot psychic blasts.
So Mega Charizard X then?

Top Bottom