• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I'm not even worried about blade beam. It's too telegraphed to be good for cloud in the match up. There are only two things Mewtwo really worries about in any matchup, his reach vs yours, and his kill percents vs yours. The range looks slightly in our favor though not by much so our neutral game will be a bit dicey, though we can manage. My main concern is if he's gonna kill us at 50% or he lives to 150% or something like that.
Probably both. Also, he seems to have a better range too.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So I was walking with my friend to a club activity at a park and we stopped at a GameStop along the way. Turns out there were 2~4 Mewtwo amiibos and he decided to buy one. I had no money. He only had enough money for one.

...tears were shed.
I don't have a Mewtwo amiibo, either, so we can be distraught together! Seriously, though, I currently only have 3 amiibo: Fox, Samus, and Zelda. I had a Kirby amiibo, but my dog got ahold of it while I was out one day and chewed it up, so I had to throw it away because it refused to work. Poor Kirby's face looked like it had been shoved into an active volcano.

And that, my friends, is how I learned to keep my amiibo on a higher shelf:p! Anyways, I do intend to pick up a Mewtwo amiibo at some point, and hopefully a Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card. They both look really cool!

Also, while we're on the subject of Cloud, I think he's starting to grow on me. I was pretty indifferent to his inclusion when he was first revealed, but now he seems like he could be pretty interesting. If I'm completely honest, though, I'd still rather have Black Mage.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I've never touched a Final Fantasy game, but from what I hear/see Cloud is super iconic. I can't say I'm super hyped for him but I'm glad he's in the game. We haven't heard news about DLC in Smash for months so I'm glad they finally revealed a character!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I've never touched a Final Fantasy game, but from what I hear/see Cloud is super iconic. I can't say I'm super hyped for him but I'm glad he's in the game. We haven't heard news about DLC in Smash for months so I'm glad they finally revealed a character!
Yeah, there's no arguing that. Cloud is basically the face of the RPG genre, from what I've heard. Still, because I have no connection to Cloud, whereas I do have some ties to Black Mage, I can't help but prefer the latter. Black Mage would have been very cool, in my opinion, but I'm unsure of his iconicity, especially relative to Cloud. I mean, I know he doesn't stack up to Cloud, but I'm not sure exactly how inferior his popularity is. All I know is that Black Mage is the most popular out of all the Mages. Regardless, I totally understand why Cloud was chosen, and he is starting to grow on me, which is nice.

This, too! It's been forever since we last got some news on Smash Bros. It's great that they revealed a character after all this time, especially someone as popular as Cloud. Plus, we've got a whole mini-Direct dedicated entirely to Smash coming in December! Hopefully, we'll get a release date on Cloud and maybe get a look at some other upcoming DLC.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm not even worried about blade beam. It's too telegraphed to be good for cloud in the match up. There are only two things Mewtwo really worries about in any matchup, his reach vs yours, and his kill percents vs yours. The range looks slightly in our favor though not by much so our neutral game will be a bit dicey, though we can manage. My main concern is if he's gonna kill us at 50% or he lives to 150% or something like that.
We should be fine if we can get him offstage without a Limit Break, as his recovery is bupkiss without it. As to how easily he can get it, though, that remains to be seen.

His mobility and range don't seem stellar either, so playing safe should avoid his smashes for the most part. Just watch for the fair spikes.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think it honestly depends on just how fast and powerful Cloud is.
If he can keep the pressure on us, he could be difficult to manage. His attacks seem fast and high priority. His weakness might be that he lacks a good combo game and his recovery is mediocre at best.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
tfw I have 17 Amiibos but I'm not even particularly trying to collect them

...Well, the only Amiibos that I looked for as if my life depended on it were my Inkling Amiibo and, of course, my Mewtwo one.
Sure, I f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶d̶ asked my dad to drag me to the GameStop to get it at 7 in the afternoon, but hey, I can't say it wasn't worth it! :laugh:
...He owed me back anyways...:evil:

As for Cloud, what we need to know is how his Limit system works; that could make or break the match up. I don't even recall them giving us a release date, you I guess we're all kind of left here wondering.

And finally, congratulations to Speed for earning such a wondrous title!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
So, it, uh, might be a while before we get Cloud. Apparently, neither Xander Mobus nor Steve Burton have been asked to record anything. Unless Cloud either takes after Marth and speaks exclusively in Japanese or reuses voice clips from previous games, both of which I would have a hard time believing, I can't see us getting him any time soon. Apparently, Xander didn't even know Cloud was being added to Smash until the day of his reveal...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't have the money to grab a Mewtwo amiibo right now, but I've dropped the hint to my parents that I'd be thrilled to see one stuffed in my stocking this Christmas.
Hey guys. :) I know it's been a while, but I thought I'd give you an update on myself!
I'm currently borderline PR'd in NC. AND- considered the top Mewtwo player in the eastern reigon. :3
That's awesome.
Keep kicking butt for all of us, Speed.
Instead I have a spoopy ghost and bes fe grill
I almost didn't recognize you with your name change.
Getting hyped for Fates to, huh?

GanonPawnch

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MLT117
So, it, uh, might be a while before we get Cloud. Apparently, neither Xander Mobus nor Steve Burton have been asked to record anything. Unless Cloud either takes after Marth and speaks exclusively in Japanese or reuses voice clips from previous games, both of which I would have a hard time believing, I can't see us getting him any time soon. Apparently, Xander didn't even know Cloud was being added to Smash until the day of his reveal...
Was probably to avoid more leaks. Honestly, I think we'll be getting him pretty soon.

Aqua Admin Shelly

Smash Apprentice
Xander pretty much just has to say his name. And as for Steve Burton, it probably wouldn't take too long to record a few lines and a bunch of grunts. Probably be done in an hour or two. Cloud and Midgar both look pretty much done, I expect to see them next month, or at the very worst, early next year.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I really want the special edition but my parents aren't willing to give me 80$ for it. So I'll just get Nohr and then IK a few weeks/months after. I'll get Hoshido someday.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
My birthday is a little over a month after the special edition launches, but Hyrule Warriors Legends comes out right before my birthday...gonna have to pick and choose.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hoping by the next patch we'll make Sheik and Zamus end up like Ronda Rousey.
I don't think Shiek is that OP anymore. But Zamus needs a small nerf to even her out, same with Pika. Other then that, I think the Meta is pretty even.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
So have you guys ever tried side-b to foostool? It's far from true, but it's a great mixup on heavies and characters with bad frame data. It can lead into all kinds of tech-chases, which is awesome with M2's shadow ball.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Side B to footstool sounds like a good quick way to a punch in the face. Maybe in for glory for some with the reaction speed of venus fly trap, but offline, they're either just gonna jump away or attack depending on what their character can do. That said, I still believe utilt/dtilt/dsmash/shadowball/fair are best follow ups, though dtilt smash and shadowball only work off a read. Only Utilt is the closest thing to guaranteed on it.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
psmdday1.jpg

I was shopping with my dad and a GameStop was nearby. I went inside to look at teh gamez and I saw this. I knew it came out yesterday and told myself that I wouldn't buy it until a few months later... but I couldn't resist... so I begged my dad and he reluctantly got it for me. So excited... gonna be playing this for the majority of my Thanksgiving break.

Sonicninja115

View attachment 84087
I was shopping with my dad and a GameStop was nearby. I went inside to look at teh gamez and I saw this. I knew it came out yesterday and told myself that I wouldn't buy it until a few months later... but I couldn't resist... so I begged my dad and he reluctantly got it for me. So excited... gonna be playing this for the majority of my Thanksgiving break.
Are the new ones any good? I remember playing the originals, but it seems like the last one sorta went downhill.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
View attachment 84087
Speaking of which, how are the Mystery Dungeon games? I've never played one, but I've heard some pretty good things about them. After you've got a feel for the game, I'd be interested to hear what Super Mystery Dungeon is like, if you're not too busy. I'm sort of interested in it, but I haven't been following it at all, so I have no idea what to expect.

EDIT: Good grief, I just cannot grammar today. 9_9

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Speaking of which, how are the Mystery Dungeon games? I've never played one, but I've heard some pretty good things about them. After you've got a feel for the game, I'd be interested to hear what Super Mystery Dungeon is like, if you're not too busy. I'm sort of interested in it, but I haven't been following it at all, so I have no idea what to expect.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red is amazing. I love that game.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Are the new ones any good? I remember playing the originals, but it seems like the last one sorta went downhill.
I haven't played Gates to Infinity, nor will I ever play it anytime soon. I've heard nothing but bad things about that game.

PMD2 (Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky) is the best in the series. I played the originals too, and while they are fantastic, they can't beat Explorers. It's just that good. Story, gameplay, music... almost everything about is fantastic. If you cried while playing the originals then you'll cry twice as much in Explorers. Explorers is a bit darker than the originals.

PMD is one of my favorite video game series ever. In my honest opinion, they are better than the mainstream Pokemon games. R/B Rescue Team is fantastic, and Explorers of T/D/S is even more so. Charming graphics, good characters, fun gameplay, amazing music... the games are so good. (haven't played Gates to Infinity but I heard that game is bad).

I've been playing PSMD for the past 2 and a half hours and I've been smiling ever since. Everything about it screams PMD. The graphics, characters, story, music, and dialogue all combine to make a fun and cute as hell game. I'd totally recommend it.

I want to emphasize on the story and music of this series. PMD games are tearjerking as heck. Explorers of Darkness is one of the very first games to make me cry. The originals were pretty damn sad too. The music is perfect. Epic, sad, cute, funny... it fits the scenes so well.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I haven't played Gates to Infinity, nor will I ever play it anytime soon. I've heard nothing but bad things about that game.

PMD2 (Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky) is the best in the series. I played the originals too, and while they are fantastic, they can't beat Explorers. It's just that good. Story, gameplay, music... almost everything about is fantastic. If you cried while playing the originals then you'll cry twice as much in Explorers. Explorers is a bit darker than the originals.

PMD is one of my favorite video game series ever. In my honest opinion, they are better than the mainstream Pokemon games. R/B Rescue Team is fantastic, and Explorers of T/D/S is even more so. Charming graphics, good characters, fun gameplay, amazing music... the games are so good. (haven't played Gates to Infinity but I heard that game is bad).

I've been playing PSMD for the past 2 and a half hours and I've been smiling ever since. Everything about it screams PMD. The graphics, characters, story, music, and dialogue all combine to make a fun and cute as hell game. I'd totally recommend it.

I want to emphasize on the story and music of this series. PMD games are tearjerking as heck. Explorers of Darkness is one of the very first games to make me cry. The originals were pretty damn sad too. The music is perfect. Epic, sad, cute, funny... it fits the scenes so well.
Awesome! I'll definitely keep Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon in the back of my mind. From what you're describing, it sounds really good. I love good OSTs, and, while I've never been one to harp about good stories in video games, I do enjoy a good plot and some nice storytelling. Thanks for the info!

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Awesome! I'll definitely keep Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon in the back of my mind. From what you're describing, it sounds really good. I love good OSTs, and, while I've never been one to harp about good stories in video games, I do enjoy a good plot and some nice storytelling. Thanks for the info!
I would recommend you to play Red or Blue Rescue Team first (Red because fire Pokémon are bae) because those ones have the real, purest Mystery Dungeon experience....
I would play the new one, it looks fun.... but it doesn't bring all the fun of the pure formula of the originals.... not as far as I've seen.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Yeah, PMD R/B Rescue Team were good and Explorers of T/D/S were absolutely amazing. I too cried while playing the second games. I was so upset that we never got the Wiiware PMD games. Then I got Gates to Infinity and...I played it. Didn't like the first...I'd say 2 hours at best and put the game down. Went back to it a few months later and stopped at the same spot.

I don't know why. Maybe it's me altogether drifting away from the Pokemon games (have yet to beat X/Y/ORAS despite playing all of them), maybe it's the music or the graphics or my disliking of the gen V Pokemon. Something about it just doesn't click with me.

As for PSMD...I can't see myself picking it up, mostly because of GtI. Feels similar to how the Paper Mario series went.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The new game is completely awesome and completely worth the buy. Been playing it nonstop since I got it, so it gets a huge recommendation from me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I enjoyed the first two Mystery Dungeon games, at least their main stories. But after that they got tiresome and I sold them at Gamestop. IDK one of the main reasons I'm not a Zelda fan or a diehard RPG fan is the lack of replayability beyond the main story-line, and when I do replay them it's a 40-60 hour commitment.

Mainstream Pokemon titles get a pass from me as the team-building aspect I find to be rewarding, is easier to pick up/put down, and doesn't have the same time commitment.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I went to grab something from the back of the trunk today, but my mom stopped me and told me there's something she picked up from out of town that I'm not allowed to see.

10 bucks I'm getting a Mewtwo amiibo for Christmas. The timings just too good, and Mewtwo is one of the few characters I like that she's able to recognize on her own.

Speaking of which, I dropped the hint the other day that I'd like Robin and Lucina amiibos if they could find them cheap. The next day, I was warned not to open any packages we might get for a while. If I find any shipped from out of the country, I'm pretty confident there's a Reflet or a Lucy in there.

Heheheh. Christmas gifts hardly ever catch me by surprise anymore.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

I went to grab something from the back of the trunk today, but my mom stopped me and told me there's something she picked up from out of town that I'm not allowed to see.

10 bucks I'm getting a Mewtwo amiibo for Christmas. The timings just too good, and Mewtwo is one of the few characters I like that she's able to recognize on her own.

Speaking of which, I dropped the hint the other day that I'd like Robin and Lucina amiibos if they could find them cheap. The next day, I was warned not to open any packages we might get for a while. If I find any shipped from out of the country, I'm pretty confident there's a Reflet or a Lucy in there.

Heheheh. Christmas gifts hardly ever catch me by surprise anymore.
Process of elimination and probability are my downfall in that department. I hardly ever get surprised anymore.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I just ask for money. Last time I trust my family to get gifts for me I got Mortal Kombat 2 on the Sega Genesis when I didn't even have a Sega Genesis at the time.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I stopped getting presents sometime in elementary school. My birthday is the week before Christmas, and I'm told to buy my own cake...

Top Bottom