• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So I went yesterday to take the Japanese Proficiency Test. I was supposed to go with a friend, who along with me planned the trip a couple of months before (it is a 2 hour trip) to go together to the test site.
Week before, she bails on me so she can go with her new friends, leaving me on my own; I went by train and their group went by bus. She is from Inner Mongolia and her friends are mongolian so I feel there was some priority based on nationality going on, but we've been friends for over two years and done a lot of stuff together.
But I suppose that because I don't speak chinese or mongolian, or don't have any asian heritage in me, then **** me, I guess. Some friend I got. It doesn't help that her precious friends don't seem to like me at all for no good reason. You never turn your back on someone like that.
Sorry, needed to get this off my chest.
Sorry to hear that. But if you don't mind me asking, how was the test? Am looking at taking it when it's offered in December, now that I've got my degree, and am leaning towards starting with Level 3 and working my way up.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Sorry to hear that. But if you don't mind me asking, how was the test? Am looking at taking it when it's offered in December, now that I've got my degree, and am leaning towards starting with Level 3 and working my way up.
It was a little better than my last time, but the bane of my existence is kanji. Everywhere. Even with a decent level at grammar, the meaning of a question or the answer is lost if you don't understand kanji. I try to study every day but when you grasp the meaning of several characters and go to the test, kanji that you haven't learned yet decide to pop up.
Listening was okay, but I had a stomache in the middle and wasn't able to concentrate properly.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The Fighting Polygon Team is my favorite enemy team. I always liked how they duplicated every character on the roster, not just two or four, which made them feel more like actual rivals to me. I'm a fan of their crystalline, angular design, as well. Also, I like how some of the Polygons' designs deviated from their originals'. Namely, I like how Polygon Yoshi looks more like a Velociraptor and how Polygon Samus's arm cannon and Link's sword are actually part of their bodies. There are other cool design choices, too.
I could never make sense of polygon Kirby. He's like some inflatable diamond head golem thing?
Yeah, Polygon Kirby never made any sense to me either. Among all the Polygons, Polygon Kirby's design is probably the most drastically different from its original. If I had to guess, I would say that Sakurai was probably trying to make it look like a short, chubby person while also maintaining Kirby's skeleton. The result was a strange, little...thing. Sakurai may have also been trying to make sure that no-one confused Polygon Kirby with Polygon Jigglypuff. I don't really know.

D

Deleted member

thats why I love playing as Jigglypuff ;w;
Jigglypuff is such a cheap character... In the air she's like Brawl Metaknight, and on the ground she's like Sm4sh Kirby.

Last edited by a moderator:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Jigglypuff was always hilarious to me because people would be like "You're joking right" and then I stall by going around under the stage and doing combos in the air like it's Marvel vs Capom 2 and rest someone that's busy fighting someone else and they're like "Ok that's just stupid."

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Reminds me of a mix of Lucario's (the feet) and Link's (the neck). Doesn't look as fearsome as the official art IMO. Hopefully more pictures show up soon.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

Reminds me of a mix of Lucario's (the feet) and Link's (the neck). Doesn't look as fearsome as the official art IMO. Hopefully more pictures show up soon.
That's awesomeeeeeeeee.

On the topic of Jigglypuff, I love playing against her as Mewtwo. U-throw kills at like 100%.

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111

HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO COOL
I cant wait to get this omg

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
not sure if I posted this here or not but what do you think about the musics I did? 'w'

this is a amiibo thats is instant buy <3

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That Mewtwo amiibo looks wonderful! I can wait to get my hands on one. I hope we'll be able to use him in Mario Maker!
Jigglypuff is such a cheap character... In the air she's like Brawl Metaknight, and on the ground she's like Sm4sh Kirby.
All of Jigglypuff's aerial attacks can be shielded, sidestepped, or rolled with little to no risk because she can't grab you in midair. Her range on the ground is only average, she doesn't have a projectile, and her running speed is pretty slow. Plus, Jigglypuff dies at ~100% from a @ U-Throw U-Throw and even earlier from a U-Smash. She's still a fantastic character, but she's not cheap, and she's nowhere near Brawl Meta Knight-tier. The key to beating Jigglypuff is to stay on the ground, play defensively, and punish hard.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

It's okay I guess, but Burger King's Mewtwo from 1999 can have it's eyes lite up. :shades:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
It sounds pretty good, Pikazz :)
thank you ;w;

btw, soon in sweden we will have a convent called "Närcon" and there will be 2 really big Smash tournies! both Melee and Smash4 togehter with Single and Teams!

in smash4, I will use Lucas and Mewtwo as mains while Jr and Jigglypuff as strong back up! so wish me luck 'w'
in smash4 teams I will be Dedede or Jigglypuff while my girlfriend will be Ness ;w; we won the big brawl tourny teams at Närcon Winter with dedede/Ness combo!
(in melee however, I will only use Jigglypuff or mewtwo if I feel lucky)

Last edited:

Igzex

I still have that burger king mewtwo figure. Eyes don't light up anymore though.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For a time during the 90s all I ate was Burger King. Got most of the toys, the poster (which I hung in my room for a while), and the vast majority of the cards. The Pokeballs the toys came in were also pretty rad.

Gen 1 may not have aged well, but man do kids these days underestimate just how much of a cultural phenominon Pokemon was when it hit the US.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
All you suckers going down. I'll be up at whatever time I need to be just pressing F5 over and over again. That Amiibo will be mine.

Also I bought this shirt and painted my own custom controller all for Mewtwo. It's what I'll be wearing/using at EVO. Once the shirt arrives I'll post pictures of it and the controller together.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ever since @ --- --- revealed that Mewtwo amiibo, this thread has become pretty desolate/dead.
To spark up some discussion, what movesets do you guys usually give your Mewtwos (in the official pkmn games)?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Psychic/Ice Beam/Recover and something else.

I haven't had a Mewtwo since the original Silver/Gold (Didn't play Fire Red or Soul Silver, and haven't played X/Y yet. I did play Black/White and Platinum) and back then I was a kid and knew nothing of EV/IVs or even STABS. All I knew was weaknessess and immunities. Psychic and Ice covered a lot of weaknesses and recover was just OP (for my level at least). The last move was probably something that covered the rest of the weaknesses.

Last edited:

Igzex

Mewtwo #1
Hold: Leftovers
Timid
252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Defense
Taunt
Light Screen
Recover
Will-O-Wisp

Mewtwo #2