• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I can't ever see myself dropping Mewtwo as my main for anyone. I just like him too much. Not Pichu, not Wolf, not Dr. Luigi, not anyone. Maybe I'd drop Mewtwo for Wonder-Red, but, even then, my love of Mewtwo might just be too strong. I mean, I don't even have a secondary as it stands. I just like playing as Mewtwo too much to really use another character. Mewtwo is my mainest of mains!

Basically, I just really, really, really like Mewtwo. :laugh:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I can't ever see myself dropping Mewtwo as my main for anyone. I just like him too much. Not Pichu, not Wolf, not Dr. Luigi, not anyone. Maybe I'd drop Mewtwo for Wonder-Red, but, even then, my love of Mewtwo might just be too strong. I mean, I don't even have a secondary as it stands. I just like playing as Mewtwo too much to really use another character. Mewtwo is my mainest of mains!

Basically, I just really, really, really like Mewtwo. :laugh:
Yeah, even if Mewtwo isn't my main, I'd still play hin all the time. To this day, I'm in still in awe that he's actually on the roster when I boot up the game. It really does feel complete now.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Even if that leak weren't so easily spotted as a fake via the easily accessible models, it'd take much more than that to prove itself anyway.

Omni set a standard for leaks and nobody has successfully emulated it in the way he did. Faking and actual gameplay are different stories.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm going to post this before I hit the hay, and I'm way too groggy to look for sources or properly analyze it or anything, but here's another "leak." Supposedly, it's two in-game screenshots of an upcoming DLC mode that emulates the original Classic Mode of Smash 64. Here are the pics. If this is fake, there was some incredible attention to detail put into it.

I intend to remain quite skeptical, especially since I found this on GameFAQs, but I'll be incredibly hyped if this actually turns out to be a thing! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though.

Karsticles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Karsticles
Believe nothing unless it is animated.

Also, the only character I would drop Mewtwo for is Ridley. Otherwise, I will stick with him forever.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm going to post this before I hit the hay, and I'm way too groggy to look for sources or properly analyze it or anything, but here's another "leak." Supposedly, it's two in-game screenshots of an upcoming DLC mode that emulates the original Classic Mode of Smash 64. Here are the pics. If this is fake, there was some incredible attention to detail put into it.

I intend to remain quite skeptical, especially since I found this on GameFAQs, but I'll be incredibly hyped if this actually turns out to be a thing! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, though.
That's actually really cool! o.o

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I am curious as to what our fair lady's polygon form would look like if that were to be true.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If it was true, I think they are sticking with OG 12 from 64.
Yeah, it would just be the O12's models. For the sake of authenticity and nostalgia.
I'm fine with that. I fully understand how hard it would be to do a model for every character. And just for a single part of Classic Mode? Nah.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Can't you already potentially fight Metal Mario via intruders?

Also if we got Polygon Fighters, would they fight with their old 64 movesets?

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Technically, yes, Metal Mario can be fought via Intruders. However, keep in mind that is mode supposedly emulates the original Classic Mode in Smash 64, so they would need Metal Mario to show up in a predetermined round. Also, I'm pretty sure that, assuming this is true, Sakurai wants us to think of Metal Mario as a separate entity from Mario, similar to how they're separate entities in the original Smash 64 and Mario Kart 7. That would explain the unique artwork.

Also, I imagine that the Fighting Polygons would use their respective original's current moveset. It would be much harder to recreate their original movesets, and I just can't see the devs doing it. It would be cool, but, similar to how they're probably just going to stick with the Original 12 Fighting Polygons, I doubt the devs are going to go that far.

Also, I just noticed that all of the Fighting Polygons are posed identically to their respective originals' Smash 4 artwork. That's some serious attention to detail.

Assuming this is true, who thinks it would be cool if Sakurai announced that the Original 12 would get their Fighting Polygon doppelgängers as Alts., similar to Alph or the Koopalings? I would die of hype if that happened! It would also make me really jealous that Mewtwo doesn't get something that ridiculously awesome:p. I would main the ever-loving heck out of a Mewtwo Fighting Polygon...!

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
creating the fighter polygon team would be really easy. its just put their costume into their fighter and make their AI simply not use any B moves when they are using that costume
You know, this could be true. I mean, they don't really have to change anything moveset-wise, since the Polygons are literally just doppelgängers of the playable characters. Really, all the devs would need to do is make the Polygons' models and rig them to their corresponding characters' skeletons. After that, it's just a matter of modifying the Polygons' AI to ensure that they don't use Special Moves.

I'd also like to know how easy it is to make a single Polygon model. Given how angular and polygonal the Polygons' models are and how relatively simple their textures are, it couldn't possibly be as difficult as creating an up-to-date model, could it? This gives me hope that, assuming this leak is true, all the characters will have Polygon doppelgängers. Mewtwo would look so awesome in Polygon form!

Also, is there any reason to not provide the Fighting Polygons as Alternate Costumes? I mean, if they all use the same skeletons as the original characters, then it would just be a matter of making them selectable, right? One can only hope...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I saw the IC and Pichu "leak" on the Wolf DLC forum and it's pretty much fake. Same thing with the Metal Mario battle in Classic mode because you can still fight him but he appears at random as an intruder. Fighting Polygon team might have a chance to get back and it would be a real blast from the past if it is true.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I saw the IC and Pichu "leak" on the Wolf DLC forum and it's pretty much fake. Same thing with the Metal Mario battle in Classic mode because you can still fight him but he appears at random as an intruder. Fighting Polygon team might have a chance to get back and it would be a real blast from the past if it is true.
I don't see why Metal Mario being a possible Intruder in the existing Classic Mode immediately disproves the leak. I mean, the point of the mode isn't that Metal Mario is returning. It's supposed to emulate the original Classic Mode. Theoretically, you would fight the Original 8 (and Luigi) in a predetermined order, with other variables, such as the Fighting Yoshi and Kirby teams, Giant Donkey Kong, Mario teaming up with Luigi, and Metal Mario, being predetermined, as well. Also, the mode's Final Boss would probably always be Master Hand, since Crazy Hand and Master Core didn't exist at the time. There's much more to it than just Metal Mario. A large part of this "Classic Classic Mode's" appeal comes from the repetitive, predictable, arcade-like nature of it.

Anyway, I actually wouldn't mind if Crazy Hand could appear alongside Master Hand in Round 11. I mean, I like Master Core and all, but it would be nice to have a mode where Master Hand and Crazy Hand alone are the most difficult Bosses. I know that Crazy Hand didn't exist in Smash 64, but I think that the Hands are very fun Bosses in their own right, so I wouldn't mind if this supposed "Classic Classic Mode" just cut Master Core out of Round 11. Personally, I think that it'd be pretty cool to have the option to fight solely Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Difficulty 9.0.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
You know, this could be true. I mean, they don't really have to change anything moveset-wise, since the Polygons are literally just doppelgängers of the playable characters. Really, all the devs would need to do is make the Polygons' models and rig them to their corresponding characters' skeletons. After that, it's just a matter of modifying the Polygons' AI to ensure that they don't use Special Moves.

I'd also like to know how easy it is to make a single Polygon model. Given how angular and polygonal the Polygons' models are and how relatively simple their textures are, it couldn't possibly be as difficult as creating an up-to-date model, could it? This gives me hope that, assuming this leak is true, all the characters will have Polygon doppelgängers. Mewtwo would look so awesome in Polygon form!

Also, is there any reason to not provide the Fighting Polygons as Alternate Costumes? I mean, if they all use the same skeletons as the original characters, then it would just be a matter of making them selectable, right? One can only hope...
the main problem is that its all fake, the maker of the "fake" said it was fake

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
the main problem is that its all fake, the maker of the "fake" said it was fake
Woah, really? I'm not entirely familiar with 4chan, but isn't it possible that someone is impersonating him, since he posted anonymously and all? I find it hard to believe that he'd just outright say he was lying, especially since this is one of the more convincing leaks out there.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Woah, really? I'm not entirely familiar with 4chan, but isn't it possible that someone is impersonating him, since he posted anonymously and all? I find it hard to believe that he'd just outright say he was lying, especially since this is one of the more convincing leaks out there.
Artsy Omni didn't have any trouble coming clean...

If such a mode did exist, wouldn't they have to remake pretty much ALL the 64 stages for nostalgia? (Possibly even the Metal Mario stage?)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

*resists urge to punch screen*
You DO realize he came out when he saw Ubisoft said something about it? Do you know how it would feel to wait about 3 days for the company to say 'it's fake' instead of AO admitting it's fake? Besides, that smug face was likely done for laughs
To this day, I wonder how Ubisoft would have handled things if no one came out about it.... Do you think they would have actually dialled up Nintendo about it?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
To this day, I wonder how Ubisoft would have handled things if no one came out about it.... Do you think they would have actually dialled up Nintendo about it?
Probably. They mess up loads of times (AC: Unity and no Michael Ironside voicing Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell) but they take business seriously.

Plus what the girlfriend said.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Depends if Sakurai and Nintendo are willing to make a deal with Ubi for DLC and if he get's enough requests in the ballot.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
To be honest, I didn't believe the Rayman leak for one second.

I wouldn't really want him in the game anyway.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Here you go.
About a half hour into the thread, the OP supposedly admits he was lying. However, he posted anonymously, and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell if it's really the same guy. It's possible that someone is impersonating him to try and make the leak seem fake. I mean, not only did the OP supposedly bail out a mere half hour into the ruse, but he has the self-derogatory username of "awful at making leaks," he posted anonymously which means he can be easily impersonated, and the two pictures were quite convincing. I just find it hard to believe that he'd admit to lying, especially with everything he had going for him.

Once again, I'm not entirely familiar with 4chan, so I could be wrong on some of this.

There still doesn't appear to be much solid evidence that suggests the OP bailed out. It could just be an impersonator.

Artsy Omni didn't have any trouble coming clean...

If such a mode did exist, wouldn't they have to remake pretty much ALL the 64 stages for nostalgia? (Possibly even the Metal Mario stage?)
Artsy Omni had Ubisoft themselves leaning towards believing the leak, not to mention the vast majority of the Smash fanbase. That's some pretty impressive work, and Omni could have gotten into deep yogurt with Ubisoft if he hadn't admitted to faking the leak. It makes sense that he would come clean, since his work was believable to a potentially dangerous extent.

In the case of the Retro Classic Mode leak, the leaker has noting to lose if its fake. There's no 3rd party involved, which significantly reduces the potential for a legal mess, and there are still many skeptics. There was very little reason for the leaker to bail out as soon as he seemed to.

Also, while this may seem to be the case, it's actually not. Aside from the obvious visual changes and the addition of the Smash 4's reward system, Metal Mario appears to be fought on Final Destination, not Metal Cavern, and the Fighting Polygon Team seems to be fought on the current incarnation of Battlefield. While Sakurai is obviously going for a "retro" feel with this mode, it seems that he won't go too far out of his way to do so. Besides, we've already got two of the original Smash 64 stages, and we've got at least two more on the way, so we already know that, assuming the Retro Clasic Mode leak is true, we'll get a good chunk of that "retro" feeling.

Metal Mario being fought on Final Destination may also be a reference to Brawl's Classic Mode, where the penultimate battle took place on Final Destination against 3 other characters. Alternatively, the Final Destination icon could just be a placeholder for Metal Cavern, though I view this as somewhat less likely, especially considering the aforementioned connection to Brawl. The Fighting Polygon Team being fought on the current incarnation of Battlefield seems like it would be a given, seeing as its layout has remained consistent throughout all the Smash games. Speaking from a gameplay-oriented perspective, there's little reason to re-skin Battlefield to match its appearance in Smash 64.

Oh, and sorry for the lengthy, late reply, guys. My activity on SmashBoards is probably going to drop dramatically over the next week or so. I'm going on vacation, and I won't have nearly as much time to post here as I normally do. I apologize in advance if I miss anything important or directed at me.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
So I went yesterday to take the Japanese Proficiency Test. I was supposed to go with a friend, who along with me planned the trip a couple of months before (it is a 2 hour trip) to go together to the test site.
Week before, she bails on me so she can go with her new friends, leaving me on my own; I went by train and their group went by bus. She is from Inner Mongolia and her friends are mongolian so I feel there was some priority based on nationality going on, but we've been friends for over two years and done a lot of stuff together.
But I suppose that because I don't speak chinese or mongolian, or don't have any asian heritage in me, then **** me, I guess. Some friend I got. It doesn't help that her precious friends don't seem to like me at all for no good reason. You never turn your back on someone like that.
Sorry, needed to get this off my chest.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I went yesterday to take the Japanese Proficiency Test. I was supposed to go with a friend, who along with me planned the trip a couple of months before (it is a 2 hour trip) to go together to the test site.
Week before, she bails on me so she can go with her new friends, leaving me on my own; I went by train and their group went by bus. She is from Inner Mongolia and her friends are mongolian so I feel there was some priority based on nationality going on, but we've been friends for over two years and done a lot of stuff together.
But I suppose that because I don't speak chinese or mongolian, or don't have any asian heritage in me, then **** me, I guess. Some friend I got. It doesn't help that her precious friends don't seem to like me at all for no good reason. You never turn your back on someone like that.
Yeah, they totally shouldn't have excluded you. Know how that feels. Few times where I caravan with others. People will all split into cars, and I somehow end up driving myself...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I'm really sorry that happened. She shouldn't have ditched you like she did, especially since you didn't have any other friends to fall back on. I know how you feel, too. I've had friends do similar things to me, and it feels awful. Hopefully, she'll realize what she did and apologize for it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While I really don't think this 64 Classic Mode "leak" is real, I WOULD like the Fighting Polygon Team to return.

I mean

10F1ADB7-D0F5-4E62-A86B-8A1469142B4F.PNG

This

1B641AD8-74DA-4B11-8F33-DEF18FE4C560.PNG

Freaking

062B3DE6-5863-46E2-9413-E94124E0A7D4.PNG

Dork

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I could never make sense of polygon Kirby. He's like some inflatable diamond head golem thing?

D

Deleted member

I was finally able to pull of that T-Pose glitch in Smash 4!...Now to test this on Game&Watch...

Top Bottom