• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

D

Deleted member

Ok, I'll buy it.
Btw guys, going along with the creation theory- the one that states Master Hand brings heroes and Crazy Hand brings Villains.
Which one do you believe brought Mewtwo...?
Okay, so this is how I envision it happening:

Master Hand: *creates the heroes we all know and love like Mario, Kirby, Link, Samus, Pikachu, etc
Crazy Hand: *to spice it up, he creates the villains like Ganondorf, Bowser, Dedede, and maybe a few extras

Master Hand: This is good in all... But somethings' missing...
Crazy Hand: THIS IS TOO LINEAR! AAARGHGHAS!!!1101010, I HATE IT! THIS IS THE MOST BLAND UNIVERSE EVER!!!
Master Hand: Indeed, brother, it is, but why?
Crazy Hand: hmm... well... maybeee-becaaause... perhaps...THERE IS NO LINK!!!
Master Hand: But I already created Link...
Crazy Hand: NO YOU IDIOT! A LINK!!! AHAHABLASJBHA1010101
Master Hand: A Link-to the past has already been done, Crazy.
Crazy Hand: AAAGHAHAGHA!!!!!1111
Master Hand:... Wait, I see now. There is good, and there is evil, but there is no specified balance between them. There is nobody who is free from the binding-chains of categorization. That's what we are missing, Crazy!
Crazy Hand: Finally! *huff* *huff*-well start creating, Master Hand!
Master Hand: I would, but it's not that simple, I have the power to manipulate light, but that alone is insufficient. I need also the power of darkness, so as to create a being of neither origin, and the only source of which to get such a thing would be from you.
Crazy Hand: If it means annihilating this linear world we've created, then COME AT ME BRO!!!
Master Hand: We aren't destroying anything, Crazy, and stop using memes that our creations haven't conceived of yet, this is your third one.
Crazy Hand: U Mad Bro?
Master Hand: Seriously?
Crazy Hand: *sigh* fine...
Both: shoots their energy beams of creation towards each other to create a single beam.
Mysterious Being: *starts manifesting*
Master Hand: *looks at the creation in satisfaction*
Crazy Hand: *looks at the creation in confusion*
Mysterious Being: Who am I? Where am I? What am I?
Master Hand: Your name is Mewtwo, and you are currently standing in my home, Final Destination. As for what you are, only you can decide that.
Mewtwo: What's your name? and where is your body?
Crazy Hand: ooh! I got this one, M-Hand! My brother over there is Master Hand: a master of none! *laughs*
Master Hand: *gives angry stare*
Crazy Hand: aaw! can't you take a joke?! ANYWAYS!!, I, am Crazy Hand, the two of us are you're creators, and you, the creation!!!
Master Hand: a-hem.. We do not have bodies like you, for we haven't the need for them. We are beings of beyond the physical realm.
Mewtwo: So you're a spirit?
Master Hand: That's not important. What is, is that you realize your significance: All of the beings that We have created are bound to be of a particular alignment unless we state otherwise, whereas you, Mewtwo, are unique in the sense that neither me nor my brother as individuals can control you: you are an independent being. You have been given the option to either do good, or evil, but do not oppose us, Mewtwo, as we could easily obliter...
Crazy Hand: don't scare the kid, Hand! That's my job!!!
Master Hand: go on now, Mewtwo! I am sending you into the world of Smash! Go now, and live your life to the fullest! You are the sole link between good and evil, and it's up to you to decide in which direction the world will mend itself into, and remember, we will be with you, always.

and thus lies the story of Mewtwo's creation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Okay, so this is how I envision it happening:

Master Hand: *creates the heroes we all know and love like Mario, Kirby, Link, Samus, Pikachu, etc
Crazy Hand: *to spice it up, he creates the villains like Ganondorf, Bowser, Dedede, and maybe a few extras

Master Hand: This is good in all... But somethings' missing...
Crazy Hand: THIS IS TOO LINEAR! AAARGHGHAS!!!1101010, I HATE IT! THIS IS THE MOST BLAND UNIVERSE EVER!!!
Master Hand: Indeed, brother, it is, but why?
Crazy Hand: hmm... well... maybeee-becaaause... perhaps...THERE IS NO LINK!!!
Master Hand: But I already created Link...
Crazy Hand: NO YOU IDIOT! A LINK!!! AHAHABLASJBHA1010101
Master Hand: A Link-to the past has already been done, Crazy.
Crazy Hand: AAAGHAHAGHA!!!!!1111
Master Hand:... Wait, I see now. There is good, and there is evil, but there is no specified balance between them. There is nobody who is free from the binding-chains of categorization. That's what we are missing, Crazy!
Crazy Hand: Finally! *huff* *huff*-well start creating, Master Hand!
Master Hand: I would, but it's not that simple, I have the power to manipulate light, but that alone is insufficient. I need also the power of darkness, so as to create a being of neither origin, and the only source of which to get such a thing would be from you.
Crazy Hand: If it means annihilating this linear world we've created, then COME AT ME BRO!!!
Master Hand: We aren't destroying anything, Crazy, and stop using memes that our creations haven't conceived of yet, this is your third one.
Crazy Hand: U Mad Bro?
Master Hand: Seriously?
Crazy Hand: *sigh* fine...
Both: shoots their energy beams of creation towards each other to create a single beam.
Mysterious Being: *starts manifesting*
Master Hand: *looks at the creation in satisfaction*
Crazy Hand: *looks at the creation in confusion*
Mysterious Being: Who am I? Where am I? What am I?
Master Hand: Your name is Mewtwo, and you are currently standing in my home, Final Destination. As for what you are, only you can decide that.
Mewtwo: What's your name? and where is your body?
Crazy Hand: ooh! I got this one, M-Hand! My brother over there is Master Hand: a master of none! *laughs*
Master Hand: *gives angry stare*
Crazy Hand: aaw! can't you take a joke?! ANYWAYS!!, I, am Crazy Hand, and the two of us are you're creators... and you, the creation!!!
Master Hand: a-hem.. We do not have bodies like you, for we haven't the need for them. We are beings of beyond the physical realm.
Mewtwo: So you're a spirit?
Master Hand: That's not important. What is, is that you realize your significance: All of the beings that We have created are bound to be of a particular alignment unless we state otherwise, whereas you, Mewtwo, are unique in the sense that neither me nor my brother as individuals can control you: you are an independent being. You have been given the option to either do good, or evil, but do not oppose us, Mewtwo, as we could easily obliter...
Crazy Hand: don't scare the kid, Hand! That's my job!!!
Master Hand: go on now, Mewtwo! I am sending you into the world of Smash! Go now, and live your life to the fullest! You are the sole link between good and evil, and it's up to you to decide in which direction the world will mend itself into, and remember, we will be with you, always.

and thus lies the story of Mewtwo's creation.
Interesting theory, but I don't really understand why Mewtwo gets special treatment. There are quite a few smashers that are both good and evil so I don't understand why Mewtwo is the "sole link" between them.

D

Deleted member

Interesting theory, but I don't really understand why Mewtwo gets special treatment. There are quite a few smashers that are both good and evil so I don't understand why Mewtwo is the "sole link" between them.
Because of Mewtwo!
remember, this is taking place at the beginning of the Smash universe's existence, which means that all of the characters thus far were exactly as they were created to be: good, or evil. It's because of Mewtwo that (in the smash dimension) there are other characters (like Metaknight) who aren't just bound to be happy-go-lucky heroes or malicious villains, but rather, mysterious, unpredictable beings. Had it not been for Mewtwo, then Mario and Link wouldn't have fought in the SSE, as they would've known that they weren't the bad guys, nor the ones who hurt their friends. Had it not been for Mewtwo, then Ganondorf wouldn't have been loyal to Master Hand, but rather disgusted, because Master Hand's existence means that Ganon can't conquer the world
Had it not been for Mewtwo, then Mario and Luigi wouldn't be able to fight each other in the series, just Bowser.
Mewtwo is the reason why more characters have individuality.

Last edited by a moderator:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
...what?
You do know that Cranky Kong was the Donkey Kong that faced Mario right? DK has never been a villain. At most, he's a rival to Mario.
well, that was Rare excuse to DK and nintendo themself didnt really confirm this as far as I know

DK has been a villian twice in Mario Vs Donkey Kong for GB and for GBA, but only in thoose 2 games, in later M Vs DK games it has been more rivality

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's not a reference, I just thought it fit. Well, Phaedra is a minor figure in Greek mythology, but still.
Oh, OK. The name does fit, you're right about that! Phaedra sounds draconic, which is fitting, given Dragalge's typing.
Ok, I'll buy it.
Btw guys, going along with the creation theory- the one that states Master Hand brings heroes and Crazy Hand brings Villains.
Which one do you believe brought Mewtwo...?
I don't really know. If I had to guess, I'd say Crazy Hand, because Mewtwo seems to act more villainous in Smash 4. His laugh and stuff all evoke an evil presence. Plus, lots of Mewtwo's attacks use the darkness element, which is an element that is heavily associated with villains. To me, it seems Mewtwo is more villainous than he his heroic in Smash 4, so, for that reason, I'd classify him as a villain. So, to answer your question, I would say that Crazy Hand probably created Mewtwo.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Weavile (yay) and Charizard (boo) revealed for Pokken.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Website (yay) and Charizard (boo) revealed for Pokken.
Website the internet Pokemon, that's cool . I hope he has his virus spam and flame shield moves:troll:

And why Boo Charizard. It makes it closer to having our boy in that game. Now X as the burst attack....

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Website the internet Pokemon, that's cool . I hope he has his virus spam and flame shield moves:troll:

And why Boo Charizard. It makes it closer to having our boy in that game. Now X as the burst attack....
****ing auto correct on Mobile.

I'm still waiting for Mewtwo to get revealed for Pokkén Tournament.
Doubt it. It releases in Japanese Arcades on the 17th this month.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Doubt it. It releases in Japanese Arcades on the 17th this month.
I'd be surprised if Mewtwo isn't in the game. He's a Pokémon icon. Aside from Pikachu and possibly Charizard, Mewtwo is easily the most widely recognized Pokémon. Not putting him in a game that's focused on Pokémon would be like leaving Luigi or Peach out of a game that focuses on Mario. It just wouldn't make any sense. I'll hold on to my last strand of hope until the game releases. We'll see soon enough.

Also, perhaps the Wii U release will have more characters. That's a possibility, I suppose. Maybe, if Mewtwo isn't on the arcade version, he'll be on the Wii U version. It's a slim chance, to be sure, but it's not entirely out of the question.

EDIT: @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A also brings up a good point. Maybe Mewtwo will be a hidden character. I hadn't thought of that. Good thinking!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not putting him in a game that's focused on Pokémon would be like leaving Luigi or Peach out of a game that focuses on Mario. It just wouldn't make any sense.

These games make no sense apparently.

Still, it is extremely unlikely for Mewtwo to miss a Pokemon spinoff where fighting is the central point.
Final boss status very likely (and will be much more frail in player hands than as a boss).

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
They'll probably add more characters after release like they do for Tekken 7.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

These games make no sense apparently.

Still, it is extremely unlikely for Mewtwo to miss a Pokemon spinoff where fighting is the central point.
Final boss status very likely (and will be much more frail in player hands than as a boss).
Touché. I should've specified that I was talking about games with a focus on multiplayer, like Mario Kart or the Mario Sports series. You never see Luigi or Peach left out of games like those, so, likewise, I think it would be weird to see Mewtwo left out of Pokkén Tournament.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I love how awesome weavile was and his awesome attitute in pokken <3 but I am sad, now Meowth will have much less chance of being playable ;-;

I am hoping for:
Lopunny
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Dusknoir
Meowth
Greninja
Hawlucha
Scarfy
and ofcourse Mewtwo!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Huh. Ironic.

I was watching some people in this board being discontent with Charizard's inclusion in Pokken saying that they shouldn't put characters just because of popularity. And that the same time, I was seeing some topic in GFaqs (I know, I know) claiming that Fire Emblem should have less characters because it is not that popular when compared to Nintendo's other flagship titles. Guess everyone has their priorities.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
For console release, they should add Mewtwo, Pichu, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, and Squirtle! :p

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I don't expect any more reveals. They're likely saving the majority of them for release, plus DLC if this is ever released on a console.

Golem and Alakazam are on my mind atm.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
For console release, they should add Mewtwo, Pichu, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Ivysaur, and Squirtle! :p
You know, I do wonder if the devs could add Pichu into Pokkén Tournament with his self-damage gimmick from Melee intact. That sort of gimmick could make him really interesting to play as, especially in a more traditional Fighting-game like Pokkén. Who knows? Maybe the dev team could actually find a way to make Pichu viable! How cool would that be?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You know, I do wonder if the devs could add Pichu into Pokkén Tournament with his self-damage gimmick from Melee intact. That sort of gimmick could make him really interesting to play as, especially in a more traditional Fighting-game like Pokkén. Who knows? Maybe the dev team could actually find a way to make Pichu viable! How cool would that be?
Lack of control of Electric abilities = More Power than necessary and moves are more erratic and harder to predict as a result.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Lack of control of Electric abilities = More Power than necessary and moves are more erratic and harder to predict as a result.
Just like he should've been in Smash. Why this idea escaped Sakurai when he was balancing Melee is beyond me. One can only hope that the Pokkén Tournament balancing team is a little more competent than Melee's balancing team was.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just like he should've been in Smash. Why this idea escaped Sakurai when he was balancing Melee is beyond me. One can only hope that the Pokkén Tournament balancing team is a little more competent than Melee's balancing team was.
Melee was rushed hence the "advanced techniques" and Ganondorf being Captain Falcondorf.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Weavile looks hype as ****. Especially that super move
Yeah, Weavile does look pretty cool. While I don't usually choose my main based on their archetype, I do gravitate slightly towards swift, quick characters. So, yeah, I think Weavile looks awesome, too. I prefer Gengar as Pokémon, though, so, assuming Mewtwo somehow doesn't make the cut, I'll probably wind up maining him.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, Weavile does look pretty cool. While I don't usually choose my main based on their archetype, I do gravitate slightly towards swift, quick characters. So, yeah, I think Weavile looks awesome, too. I prefer Gengar as Pokémon, though, so, assuming Mewtwo somehow doesn't make the cut, I'll probably wind up maining him.
I don't really have much of a preference, so I make sure to master my favourites

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Melee was rushed hence the "advanced techniques" and Ganondorf being Captain Falcondorf.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't mind Ganondorf in his current state. He's a lot of fun to play as, and, while I understand that he's not particularly self-accurate, I'd have a little trouble letting him go. He's so much fun! His extreme power and slowness just make him a blast to use. I don't think there's another character on the roster quite like him. Of course, I can see why people would dislike Ganondorf's lack of self-accuracy, and, for that reason, I would understand if he were changed to be more accurate to the Legend of Zelda games. I'd get over it eventually, I'm sure.

Ideally, Ganondorf would be changed to be more self-accurate, and Black Shadow would inherit most of Ganondorf's old moveset and physics. People who like Ganondorf in his current state get Black Shadow to fill his gap, F-Zero fans finally get their second rep, and Ganondorf fans get the moveset they always wanted. Everybody wins!

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I can't wait for Pokken Tournament and I hope that Mewtwo and Zoroark are in it because they are some of my favorite pokemon along with Lucario, after all they appeared together in Smash 4 one in poke ball form the other two as playable.
6acf6f77e17a8cc663edb8d0d95a579a.png

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It's interesting to see the similarities between Pokken Charizard and Smash 4. They both made him a powerhouse
character with slow attack speed, he uses Smash 4 Fly in Pokken as well as his dsmash (except it makes a volcano erupt).

Compared to the other powerhouse character Machamp, he'll probably be equally effective fighting at a distance
or at a close, but has to make greater commitments on both fronts (whereas Machamp has fast and powerful CQC in exchange
for sucking at a distance).

Edit: Also in case anyone didn't notice we got two new assist Pokemon, Jirachi (that's legendary number two)
and Whimsicott.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I can't wait for Pokken Tournament and I hope that Mewtwo and Zoroark are in it because they are some of my favorite pokemon along with Lucario, after all they appeared together in Smash 4 one in poke ball form the other two as playable.
View attachment 59873
I wouldn't mind seeing Zoroark playable. I never particularly liked him, but he is pretty cool. His design is also interesting, what with his ponytail/mane. I think he could bring some interesting elements into Pokkén Tournament, seeing as he's the Master of Illusions and all. Perhaps his playstyle could revolve around mind games and trickery. That would definitely be cool! I mean, I personally would still stick to Mewtwo, but Zoroark could definitely bring some unique elements to the table.

D

Deleted member

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually don't mind Ganondorf in his current state. He's a lot of fun to play as, and, while I understand that he's not particularly self-accurate, I'd have a little trouble letting him go. He's so much fun! His extreme power and slowness just make him a blast to use. I don't think there's another character on the roster quite like him. Of course, I can see why people would dislike Ganondorf's lack of self-accuracy, and, for that reason, I would understand if he were changed to be more accurate to the Legend of Zelda games. I'd get over it eventually, I'm sure.
I agree with you!... Almost.
I personally like Ganondorf the most in this state, and I think he should stay this way, if not because Ganon doesn't need an original moveset, then because of what it does to Falcon.

You see, by having a clone of anybody, that builds a connection between those two characters that wouldn't have existed otherwise. Had Ganondorf never been a clone of Falcon, then there would have never been heated Falcon/Ganon debates, because it wouldn't make any sense to compare different characters like they're the same. Clones fill in that gap. Clones are what makes Smash Bros, Smash Brothers, and not "Smash people-from-different-universes". By Ganon being a Falcon clone, not only does it help to connect the Zelda/F-Zero series together, but it also gives Falcon players an alternate version of their character to play, and vise versa

Having clones is the equivalent to playing customs.
The only difference is that you can use them online.

And when you honestly stop to think about it, characters like Dr.Mario wouldn't even make sense if they weren't clones, because they are literally the same person, that, and Roy honestly didn't need to be decloned either, because what people don't realize about clones is that they give you another character to fall back on if your initial main isn't working. So, if, say, Mario, isn't strong enough to beat a good Bowser, and speed's not the issue, then that player can simply switch the Doc and seize victory.

Some of you may think that clones take away depth from the series, but I think they're the ones that maintain it.

Ideally, Ganondorf would be changed to be more self-accurate, and Black Shadow would inherit most of Ganondorf's old moveset and physics. People who like Ganondorf in his current state get Black Shadow to fill his gap, F-Zero fans finally get their second rep, and Ganondorf fans get the moveset they always wanted. Everybody wins!
If Ganon got changed, that would do more harm than good, and not the Black Shadow thing again.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I agree with you!... Almost.
I personally like Ganondorf the most in this state, and I think he should stay this way, if not because Ganon doesn't need an original moveset, then because of what it does to Falcon.

You see, by having a clone of anybody, that builds a connection between those two characters that wouldn't have existed otherwise. Had Ganondorf never been a clone of Falcon, then there would have never been heated Falcon/Ganon debates, because it wouldn't make any sense to compare different characters like they're the same. Clones fill in that gap. Clones are what makes Smash Bros, Smash Brothers, and not "Smash people-from-different-universes". By Ganon being a Falcon clone, not only does it help to connect the Zelda/F-Zero series together, but it also gives Falcon players an alternate version of their character to play, and vise versa

Having clones is the equivalent to playing customs.
The only difference is that you can use them online.

And when you honestly stop to think about it, characters like Dr.Mario wouldn't even make sense if they weren't clones, because they are literally the same person, that, and Roy honestly didn't need to be decloned either, because what people don't realize about clones is that they give you another character to fall back on if your initial main isn't working. So, if, say, Mario, isn't strong enough to beat a good Bowser, and speed's not the issue, then that player can simply switch the Doc and seize victory.

Some of you may think that clones take away depth from the series, but I think they're the ones that maintain it.

If Ganon got changed, that would do more harm than good, and not the Black Shadow thing again.
I can mostly agree with this. It's good to see somebody else that appreciates clones!

However, I fail to see how decloning Ganondorf in order make him self-accurate would be harmful in any way. Since Black Shadow would, for all intents and purposes, replace him, you've still got everything there, but more people are happy: F-Zero fans are happy because they finally get their second rep, Ganondorf fans are happy because he finally gets a self-accurate moveset, and fans of Ganondorf's current state are happy because Black Shadow fills his role. I just don't see how any harm is being done. Perhaps I'm missing something, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom