• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I agree with DrRiceBoy. It makes much more sense for Arceus to have a Primal form instead of a Mega Evolution, seeing as he's the creator of the universe and all. However, considering that Rayquaza is as old as the sky, I don't think that a Primal form for Arceus is set in stone. It could go either way, in my opinion. Maybe he'll even get both, which I guess would make sense because he's creator of everything. Of course, there's also the possibility that he'll either get nothing or get something else entirely. Who knows?

D

Deleted member

That OP Mewtwo was pretty good, U-Throw.
Though, might I ask, why people got annoyed when I "upgraded" Psystrike?

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Your lack of imaginations amuse me. Randomizer runs have shown me that brute force is not the way to break the game. I've seen things like

Mew
--------
Dragon/Steel Type
Speed Boost ability
Fake Out
Sky Drop
Swords Dance
Outrage

Kyurem
------------
Bug/Steel Type
Attack stat swapped with Speed
Special Attack swapped with Special Defense
Flashfire Ability
Aeroblast
Cosmic Power
Toxic
Heal Order

Shuckle
--------------
Defense swapped with HP
Imposter ability

Palkia
------------
Steel type
Speed Boost ability
Fake out
Fly
Electro Ball
Recover

Spinda
------------
Dragon type with Moody ability

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Your lack of imaginations amuse me. Randomizer runs have shown me that brute force is not the way to break the game. I've seen things like

Mew
--------
Dragon/Steel Type
Speed Boost ability
Fake Out
Sky Drop
Swords Dance
Outrage

Kyurem
------------
Bug/Steel Type
Attack stat swapped with Speed
Special Attack swapped with Special Defense
Flashfire Ability
Aeroblast
Cosmic Power
Toxic
Heal Order

Shuckle
--------------
Defense swapped with HP
Imposter ability

Palkia
------------
Steel type
Speed Boost ability
Fake out
Fly
Electro Ball
Recover

Spinda
------------
Dragon type with Moody ability

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Perhaps now would be a good time to share a mega evo idea I had.

Mega Vespiquen
Bug/Steel (It gains a medieval armor-like exoskeleton)
Ability: Royal Protocol (Attack Order, Defend Order, and Heal Order get +1 Priority)
-20 Speed, + 50 Defense, +50 Special Defense, +20 Attack

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I felt that the reason they didn't gave any other 5th poke a mega was because they were still too new...perhaps. If one takes a look at the mega evos, mostly pokemon from 1st to 4th gen have one with Diancie and Audino being the sole exceptions for their respective gens.
Due expect a third wave of Mega Evolutions to come with Pokemon Z/ Pokemon XZ/YZ.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That OP Mewtwo was pretty good, U-Throw.
Though, might I ask, why people got annoyed when I "upgraded" Psystrike?
I think it was because there were so many, and the fact that they weren't necessarily "upgrades" so much as they were other moves that happened to be better. In my OP Mewtwo, I worked around that by having Marble Buster literally replace Psystrike for the duration of the transformation. That way, it didn't take up an extra move slot and you didn't have to learn it beforehand. So long as your Mewtwo knew Psystrike, you would get automatically get Marble Buster when you transformed. Also, Marble Buster still acts and functions like Psystrike, except it ignores Protect and is much more powerful. Marble Buster was just a straight upgrade, compared to a new move that happened to be better.

That's just what I'm thinking. I can't speak for other people, of course. Now, don't misunderstand me. I liked your signature moves. I just didn't like that they were all for Mewtwo. I felt like there were simply too many, though they were all really cool!

D

Deleted member

I think it was because there were so many, and the fact that they weren't necessarily "upgrades" so much as they were other moves that happened to be better. In my OP Mewtwo, I worked around that by having Marble Buster literally replace Psystrike for the duration of the transformation. That way, it didn't take up an extra move slot and you didn't have to learn it beforehand. So long as your Mewtwo knew Psystrike, you would get automatically get Marble Buster when you transformed. Also, Marble Buster still acts and functions like Psystrike, except it ignores Protect and is much more powerful. Marble Buster was just a straight upgrade, compared to a new move that happened to be better.

That's just what I'm thinking. I can't speak for other people, of course. Now, don't misunderstand me. I liked your signature moves. I just didn't like that they were all for Mewtwo. I felt like there were simply too many, though they were all really cool!
Well, the intended gimmick was that when Mewtwo transformed, so long as he maintained the transformation, he'd be able to use all of those moves. Almost like transforming into an entirely different character. So Psystrike would still be there when you transformed back, however, I still would've implemented an option to keep Psychokenetic Charge, as Mega Mewtwo X needs it.

Also, on a scale from 1 to 10, how overpowered would you say Dimensional Rift is? That one was one of my favorites.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Well, the intended gimmick was that when Mewtwo transformed, so long as he maintained the transformation, he'd be able to use all of those moves. Almost like transforming into an entirely different character. So Psystrike would still be there when you transformed back, however, I still would've implemented an option to keep Psychokenetic Charge, as Mega Mewtwo X needs it.

Also, on a scale from 1 to 10, how overpowered would you say Dimensional Rift is? That one was one of my favorites.
Oh, OK! I must've missed that somehow. In that case, I'm totally cool with all of the signature moves. That's an awesome idea!

Um, I'm not really sure, since there was a lot of math involved, but it looked like the damage count would come out really high on most Pokémon. I'd probably say 9.5/10. Unless you're a low-level Gastly, you'll probably get OHKO'd.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, OK! I must've missed that somehow. In that case, I'm totally cool with all of the signature moves. That's an awesome idea!

Um, I'm not really sure, since there was a lot of math involved, but it looked like the damage count would come out really high on most Pokémon. I'd probably say 9.5/10. Unless you're a low-level Gastly, you'll probably get OHKO'd.
I wanted it to be confusing, since it is a ??? type move after all!

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
And here I am wondering where Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic are. :/

We need a Bug/Dragon and Water/Fairy brought to the table. These guys deliver, handsomely.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
And here I am wondering where Mega Flygon and Mega Milotic are. :/

We need a Bug/Dragon and Water/Fairy brought to the table. These guys deliver, handsomely.
I think it makes more sense for Mega Yanmega to have the Bug/Dragon typing since its actually based on a dragonfly while Flygon and its prevos are based on an antlion I believe.

Also hoping that gen 7 will give us a water/fairy mermaid....

.... Nah thats to unrealistic we'll probably just get a toaster with an Adventure Time face instead.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I just want a Mega Dragalge. I mean, Dragalge is already my second-favorite Pokèmon because of his type combination, so a Mega Evolution for him would rock! Poison is my all-time favorite type, and Dragalge combines it with the brute force of Dragon. What more could I ask for? As an added bonus, that means that Dragalge is a Fairy-type killer, even though he's part Dragon-type. He's just so cool!

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I just want a Mega Dragalge. I mean, Dragalge is already my second-favorite Pokèmon because of his type combination, so a Mega Evolution for him would rock! Poison is my all-time favorite type, and Dragalge combines it with the brute force of Dragon. What more could I ask for? As an added bonus, that means that Dragalge is a Fairy-type killer, even though he's part Dragon-type. He's just so cool!
I chain-fished up a shiny Dragalge. Her name's Phaydra :denzel:

D

Deleted member

As for Megas... I honestly think that Magikarp should get one, and it should raise his BST by 300pts, and allow him to learn almost every move in and out of the Mega Evo from that point on. (I'm not trolling, I'm serious about this).

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As for Megas... I honestly think that Magikarp should get one, and it should raise his BST by 300pts, and allow him to learn almost every move in and out of the Mega Evo from that point on. (I'm not trolling, I'm serious about this).

Magikarp's fine as is. The evolution never gets old.

The only non-fully evolved Pokemon I can see getting a Mega is Pikachu because he's the mascot.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Hi. I'm an unknown Mewtwo user. Known Jigglypuff and Wario user.

Volcarona needs a mega, yo.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Raichu desperately needs a mega. It's not fair how his younger sibling gets all the spotlight. Give Raichu some love pleaseeee. He needs it. A lot.

Mega Snorlax would be nice too.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Raichu desperately needs a mega. It's not fair how his younger sibling gets all the spotlight. Give Raichu some love pleaseeee. He needs it. A lot.

^ this please. I love Raichu so much and giving him a mega would give him some much deserved spotlight.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
Give me mega Dunsparce, pls.:206:

Just think about how awesome that could be, bringing in that piece of junk in and just demolishing fools.

Potentially it could actually be a viable, good-looking Pokémon.

Or it could mega evolve into itself and have no stat or ability change whatsoever.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Give me mega Dunsparce, pls.:206:

Just think about how awesome that could be, bringing in that piece of junk in and just demolishing fools.

Potentially it could actually be a viable, good-looking Pokémon.

Or it could mega evolve into itself and have no stat or ability change whatsoever.
Dragon/Normal incoming

D

Deleted member

He already exists... Just go to sleep. :)

@ Foxy Alopex Foxy Alopex What's up with that avatar of yours? Wolf better be in that pose because they're brothers, and Wolf is trying to prevent Fox from fighting a battle that he can't win. It would make sense because they're on Final Destination, which means that Master Hand would be nearby, and nobody can beat him at full power.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
He already exists... Just go to sleep. :)

@ Foxy Alopex Foxy Alopex What's up with that avatar of yours? Wolf better be in that pose because they're brothers, and Wolf is trying to prevent Fox from fighting a battle that he can't win. It would make sense because they're on Final Destination, which means that Master Hand would be nearby, and nobody can beat him at full power.
Uh, Tabuu...?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Uh, Tabuu...?
Master Hand just let Tabuu take control of him. Since Master Hand enjoys toying with his creations, it makes sense that maybe he'd rather be a spectator instead of a participant for once. At least, that's my theory. I can't stand the thought of anyone being more powerful than Master Hand and Crazy Hand. I think it has something to do with nostalgia, but, whatever the reason, I personally dislike the idea of Tabuu actually overpowering Master Hand. It just rubs me the wrong way.

D

Deleted member

Uh, Tabuu...?
Master Hand was just playing around there. He probably was underestimating Tabuu's power, and as a result, didn't go full power himself.

Think about it like this: The Smashers beat Tabuu, but it's already been established that the Smashers are nothing in comparison to Master Hand, and he's simply playing around with them, like a father would his son, and from that, we can assume that a full power Master Hand could beat a full power Tabuu.

The only reason that Master Hand didn't win that battle was probably because Master Hand got caught off guard, thus, in that brief period of time, getting "imprisoned" by Tabuu, and after being stuck like that for months, being unable to break free, as you don't even know what's keeping you stuck there in the first place, you start to get drained, and desperate, thus, causing Master Hand to eventually mindlessly charge at Tabuu, not letting his better judgement stop him, which eventually led to his temporary defeat (but unlike Tabuu, Master Hand is an immortal being that cannot be killed)
----------------------
Edit: I forgot to hit the post reply button, so, as a result, U-throw beat me to the chase, but, we have different explanations, so I'll keep this post here

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Master Hand was just playing around there. He probably was underestimating Tabuu's power, and as a result, didn't go full power himself.

Think about it like this: The Smashers beat Tabuu, but it's already been established that the Smashers are nothing in comparison to Master Hand, and he's simply playing around with them, like a father would his son, and from that, we can assume that a full power Master Hand could beat a full power Tabuu.

The only reason that Master Hand didn't win that battle was probably because Master Hand got caught off guard, thus, in that brief period of time, getting "imprisoned" by Tabuu, and after being stuck like that for months, being unable to break free, as you don't even know what's keeping you stuck there in the first place, you start to get drained, and desperate, thus, causing Master Hand to eventually mindlessly charge at Tabuu, not letting his better judgement stop him, which eventually led to his temporary defeat (but unlike Tabuu, Master Hand is an immortal being that cannot be killed)
----------------------
Edit: I forgot to hit the post reply button, so, as a result, U-throw beat me to the chase, but, we have different explanations, so I'll keep this post here
I actually like this explanation better than mine. It's much more logical and makes more sense. Excellent thinking!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ok, I'll buy it.
Btw guys, going along with the creation theory- the one that states Master Hand brings heroes and Crazy Hand brings Villains.
Which one do you believe brought Mewtwo...?

Top Bottom