• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I don't even want to collect Amiibo, yet I considered getting Ike, because he is freakin' Ike. But he had to be a unicorn, just like every other FE Amiibo.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Lol Sakurai so biased towards FE that he purposely didn't give Mewtwo any balance changes so that people would stop talking about him in favor that Homo-incest-Anime-RPG instead...

Illuminati agent confirmed

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just can't get over the fact that Phoenix Mode exists, and just how shameless the game is (borderline hentai level content, and pay-to-unlock DLC).
The latter two I can agree with, but isn't it just as easy to simply, you know, not touch Phoenix Mode?

It's there, it's optional, it doesn't obstruct your experience in any way, so just let it go slide, you know?

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I remember back in the Brawl days when Star Fox and Mother were "overrepresented" series for having more characters than they deserved. The irony being now is that when this game came out and Lucas and Wolf were nowhere to be found, pretty much everyone and their mother wanted them back.

Then Lucas came back, and of course, some people are now taking the dirt back out, bandwagoning on Mother "overreped".

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I remember back in the Brawl days when Star Fox and Mother were "overrepresented" series for having more characters than they deserved. The irony being now is that when this game came out and Lucas and Wolf were nowhere to be found, pretty much everyone and their mother wanted them back.
Everyone loved to ***** about how they were 'clones' too, and then, when they get cut, they want them back because they realize how unique they really were.
At this point, if Lucas and Roy get to come back while Wolf, a character with much more of a future than either of them, gets left in the dust, then that is complete and utter bull****.

Note: this is not a Lucas/Roy-bashing post. Roy is my secondary.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Everyone loved to ***** about how they were 'clones' too, and then, when they get cut, they want them back because they realize how unique they really were.
At this point, if Lucas and Roy get to come back while Wolf, a character with much more of a future than either of them, gets left in the dust, then that is complete and utter bull****.

Note: this is not a Lucas/Roy-bashing post. Roy is my secondary.
"You never know how much you really love something until it becomes but a memory..."

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Wolf was the only newcomer in Brawl that I was actually pulling for. Sure, I like Ike and Charizard too, but, Wolf was the only one that I really actively wanted in, and the Krystal fans made it seem like he had no shot. In the absence of Mewtwo, Wolf sold the game for me.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
There is always a bit of drama post-complete roster reveal. I remember that, caught in the heat of the moment, people were saying that Smash 4's roster was worse when compared to Brawl (something I don't consider true at all) but the exact same thing happened 7 years ago.

Back then, people were mad at Wolf and Lucas who were merely clones that added nothing to the game and "wasted" their slots that could have been given to more deserving characters. They were also upset that ROB, a choice that admittedly came out of the blue, was in, when ROB is pretty much the G&W from Brawl. Nobody was happy that Ike, a FE character with rising popularity at the time, got in. Nobody was happy that Diddy Kong, DK's sidekick whose inclusion was due, was in. Nobody was happy about Wario, everyone's favorite anti-hero from the Mario series who also had his own games. Nobody was happy about Pit, an old school character who saw demand, got brought back from the dead. Hell, nobody was happy that Snake and Sonic, two additions that were pretty much changed history were in. Nope. Because ROB "stole" Ridley's place or someone else's (there is ALWAYS someone else), and because other third parties like Megaman were absent (who was wanted because of Sonic and Snake's inclusion in the first place).
The only actual flaw on Brawl's roster at the time was the lack of Mewtwo, who sadly didn't make it, but otherwise it was the most solid roster to date.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wolf was the only newcomer in Brawl that I was actually pulling for. Sure, I like Ike and Charizard too, but, Wolf was the only one that I really actively wanted in, and the Krystal fans made it seem like he had no shot. In the absence of Mewtwo, Wolf sold the game for me.
I sorta feel bad for Krystal fans. I mean, with her being absent in Star Fox Zero, she's basically been retconned out of the series, which means her chances of getting into Smash are approximately 0 (no pun intended).

I, however, don't really care either way for her, so this doesn't affect me in the slightest.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I sorta feel bad for Krystal fans. I mean, with her being absent in Star Fox Zero, she's basically been retconned out of the series, which means her chances of getting into Smash are approximately 0 (no pun intended).

I, however, don't really care either way for her, so this doesn't affect me in the slightest.
I do feel for the Krystal fans, but at the same time I see it as less competition for Wolf. To be honest, I'll miss Panther much more than I'll miss her.
That said, so long as Wolf comes back, I have no issue with Krystal getting in too.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I have to say as well that a lot of the characters that are in Smash who are beloved by fans weren't necessarily top "most wanted" choices out of some list. Some people give the dev team too much crap for putting in "unwanted" characters, but they don't realize that the reason they care about several of the fighters in Smash is because Sakurai and co. made them care about them in the first. Like, would people even like Cp. Falcon and Ness the way they do now if they weren't added to Smash 64? What about G&W, or the Ice Climbers? Remember how a lot of people reacted to their absence, despite IC being an extremely average and obscure game that very people even knew about if it wasn't for Popo and Nana's debut in Melee. People became fond of them thanks to that. As U-throw said, they don't appreciate something till it's gone.

Take my situation as an example. I didn't care that much about the fact that Roy was missing, specially when my boy Ike made back in. Until his DLC was revealed, along with his sweetass redesign with some changes in his playstyle that made him less clone-y. I didn't know that I needed him until I saw him again for the first time in years.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I do miss the Ice Climbers, and Snake, but they have valid reasons for their exclusion, and let's face it, Ice Climbers are pretty much a lock for the next game, anyway. Whereas, my mains, Mewtwo and Roy, and Wolf if he comes back, will probably all be low priority again. I actually kind of dread the announcement of Sma5h, no matter how far off it is, because it marks the beginning of a years-long period of worry over which of my favorite characters are going to get the axe this time.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I have to say as well that a lot of the characters that are in Smash who are beloved by fans weren't necessarily top "most wanted" choices out of some list. Some people give the dev team too much crap for putting in "unwanted" characters, but they don't realize that the reason they care about several of the fighters in Smash is because Sakurai and co. made them care about them in the first. Like, would people even like Cp. Falcon and Ness the way they do now if they weren't added to Smash 64? What about G&W, or the Ice Climbers? Remember how a lot of people reacted to their absence, despite IC being an extremely average and obscure game that very people even knew about if it wasn't for Popo and Nana's debut in Melee. People became fond of them thanks to that. As U-throw said, they don't appreciate something till it's gone.

Take my situation as an example. I didn't care that much about the fact that Roy was missing, specially when my boy Ike made back in. Until his DLC was revealed, along with his sweetass redesign along with some changes in his playstyle that made him less clone-y. I didn't know that I needed him until I saw him again for the first time in years.
Eh, people only liked Ice Climbers if they mained them and were able to chaingrab. If Sakurai WAS to add them back, no one would even use them since chaingrabs are gone now.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
One thing's for sure: Captain Falcon wouldn't be the meme god that he is today if it weren't for Smash Bros.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I do miss the Ice Climbers, and Snake, but they have valid reasons for their exclusion, and let's face it, Ice Climbers are pretty much a lock for the next game, anyway. Whereas, my mains, Mewtwo and Roy, and Wolf if he comes back, will probably all be low priority again. I actually kind of dread the announcement of Sma5h, no matter how far off it is, because it marks the beginning of a years-long period of worry over which of my favorite characters are going to get the axe this time.
I kinda don't want to think about that. This game isn't even a year old and it's gonna be severals when or if a new Smash game comes out.

I consider Smash 4's roster pretty much the best in the series, with the only real losses to me being Snake and Ice Climbers, but as you said, there are good reasons behind that. Having Mario, Megaman, Pacman, Sonic and now Ryu on the same game is a big deal to me and kind of a childhood fantasy come true; sometimes I spend a minute admiring the magnificence of what the Smash 4 roster is. Once Wolf returns, the circle of missing veterans will be complete, and any more possible future DLC will just serve to sweeten the deal.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually, the DLC maps were incomplete, its like Ryu and Roy back then, they had data but it couldn't be used
Wasn't there someone who streamed the 3rd Story? I remember seeing pictures of the final final boss level, CGI pics, and key storyline spoilers.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Uh, Dark Pit has no overpowered shenanigans that allow for an easy win.
One grab= one stock for Ice Climbers.
I was talking more about how you said no-one would use them if they returned except for their fans. I mean, nobody really uses Dark Pit except for his fans, so I just found it a little ironic.

EDIT: Also, I don't think the Ice Climbers' chain-grabbing technique is that easy to perform. Otherwise, they would be Brawl Meta Knight-tier in both Melee and Brawl. I think it's a little harder to do than you seem to think.

EDIT 2: Good grief, I just can't grammaticize today.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I'd rather not think about a new smash game, when neither version of smash 4 is even a year old yet. Plus, a new one won't be out for several years. Either way, I'll likely stick to Smash 4, as it's had the best run for veterans AND newcomers so far. I'd hope though, that none are cut, especially my mains (somewhat biased).

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I sorta feel bad for Krystal fans.
I find it hard to feel bad for them after seeing their reaction to her not being in Star Fox Zero.

They pretty much took a big creamy **** all over Miyamoto, StarFox 64, and Nintendo in general just because the new game doesn't seem to have a very polarizing character. Also the gameplay of Zero, as if StarFox was supposed to be about running around on foot with a freaking bazooka, instead of vehicle-based gameplay.

It was like a salt mine collapsed in on itself. I haven't even seen the internet's more infamous fanbases act like that.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I find it hard to feel bad for them after seeing their reaction to her not being in Star Fox Zero.

They pretty much took a big creamy **** all over Miyamoto, StarFox 64, and Nintendo in general just because the new game doesn't seem to have a very polarizing character. Also the gameplay of Zero, as if StarFox was supposed to be about running around on foot with a freaking bazooka, instead of vehicle-based gameplay.

It was like a salt mine collapsed in on itself. I haven't even seen the internet's more infamous fanbases act like that.
You've been on GameFAQs, haven't you? There's much salt on Zero's boards over there, it's scary. *Shudders*

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I was talking more about how you said no-one would use them if they returned except for their fans. I mean, nobody really uses Dark Pit except for his fans, so I just found it a little ironic.

EDIT: Also, I don't think the Ice Climbers' chain-grabbing technique is that easy to perform. Otherwise, they would be Brawl Meta Knight-tier in both Melee and Brawl. I think it's a little harder to do than you seem to think.

EDIT 2: Good grief, I just can't grammaticize today.
I have never seen a true IC fan...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm sure you can find some on the Ice Climbers support thread, Brawl ICs thread, Melee ICs thread, etc., etc.
Should I really have to look that hard for one? I mean, come on...I see fans for tons of characters without even having to look. Resorting to actually looking in that specific thread is kind of sad.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Your best shot at finding fans of characters not in Smash yet/cut from Smash is their support threads, obviously. Or if it was a past game, their social thread from that particular game.

A more closer inner circle of friends I have on this site basically could care less about either Snake or Sylux, my two big DLC wishes. Flat-out finding Sylux fans is incredibly difficult on this site as well, though they tend to be attracted with the shiny blue link in my signature. Either that or it's Metroid fans who are warming up to the character in wake of the Tanabe interview or just want a Metroid character in Smash.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Should I really have to look that hard for one? I mean, come on...I see fans for tons of characters without even having to look. Resorting to actually looking in that specific thread is kind of sad.
Well, we are on the Mewtwo Social, and the Ice Climbers aren't even in Smash 4, so it's reasonable that they would be scarce around here. The best place to find something is its home, y'know?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Searching for a IC fan in a place to do with a different fighter in a game the IC's couldn't be in is like searching for a film/tv show Sean Bean hasn't died in.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Point is it's a rarity.
He survives National Treasure iirc but almost everything else has him die.
Not seen Troy.
Hey, he survived the Extended Edition of The Two Towers too, in a flashback to BEFORE he died in the Fellowship of the Ring!

Oh, nope, wait, we later see Faramir dreaming about his death and seeing his body in the boat. Nevermind.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The latter two I can agree with, but isn't it just as easy to simply, you know, not touch Phoenix Mode?

It's there, it's optional, it doesn't obstruct your experience in any way, so just let it go slide, you know?
It doesn't effect me personally, but I do think it's a complete betrayal of FE's spirit, heck the spirit of RPGs in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q15L_QbGV3w

IMO it might as well be named anti-FE mode.

Top Bottom