• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Are you sure that you wouldn't want an Up-throw buff? Meleetwo's Up-throw should've been preserved.
Wouldnt really matter to me lol
Like I said, I think M2 is fine as is. I only listed things I really would like for him to have. Up throw doesnt need a change.
EDIT:
llolol look at the site logo. Even this place is celebrating marriage equality!
Also, FE fans, don't be fooled!
This say the naughty S word
I actually noticed the rainbow too! Looks awesome. Pretty cool of smashboards!

and LOL

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
• Sakurai's bias for FE and putting in two Marth clones over a new Zelda, DK, and
Metroid rep

• The new FE game reveals that the avatar character can marry someone of the same sex just before U.S. Legalizes gay marriage (also the first Nintendo game to promote homosexuality)

It's official, Fire Emblem is sponsored by the Illuminati...

image.jpg

Edit: Notice who got two reps on the Smashboards banner.

http://t.co/n5hZIstNxf

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
• Sakurai's bias for FE and putting in two Marth clones over a new Zelda, DK, and
Metroid rep

• The new FE game reveals that the avatar character can marry someone of the same sex just before U.S. Legalizes gay marriage

View attachment 58759
...what?
*looks into this*
Holy **** ****.
o.o

"Just look at all these S ranks I can have..."

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Metroid rep

• The new FE game reveals that the avatar character can marry someone of the same sex just before U.S. Legalizes gay marriage (also the first Nintendo game to promote homosexuality)

View attachment 58759

Oh my god... it all makes sense now...

Wait a minute. Incestuous relationships in FE is also confirmed. This can only mean one thing...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Metroid rep

View attachment 58759

Obama: Fire Emblem has gay marriage? I can't lose to a godly franchise!
Wait a minute. Incestuous relationships in FE is also confirmed. This can only mean one thing...
Don't even pretend this is new to the series
* Remove hitbox from tail unless attacking.
Don't you mean hurtbox? hitbox deals damage, hurtbox takes damage
To be honest the entirety of Hoshido looks like hot garbage. Nohr the best.
I still don't know which version I want. I guess it depends on which game gets Anna first. And my god, is Anna good. She can have 70 mag and friggng 90 luck!

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Don't even pretend this is new to the series
Minor FE4 spoilers:

I know that it's not new. I was just saying that it was confirmed in FE14 the other day. That's my mistake though, I should have specified. Sorry~ Isn't this the first time full blood siblings are able to make children in the series though? As far as I know, the incest in FE4 is between half siblings/cousins. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Minor FE4 spoilers:

I know that it's not new. I was just saying that it was confirmed in FE14 the other day. That's my mistake though, I should have specified. Sorry~ Isn't this the first time full blood siblings are able to make children in the series though? As far as I know, the incest in FE4 is between half siblings/cousins. Do correct me if I'm wrong.
Major spoiler for FE14
Kamui apparently isn't even Hoshido or Nohr, so no bloodline incest
Awakening and Sacred Stoners had incest too iirc

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
They did preserve it. Charizard has it now.

Charizard stole Mewtwo's throw and Lucario took his damaging charge ball.
I question how useful Shadow Ball's charge-up damage would be. Honestly, I think the backlash against its absence is a knee-jerk reaction. I mean, Shadow Ball is a projectile, so you're not going to use it up close, and that automatically limits the usefulness of charge-up damage. Furthermore, it wasn't very useful in Melee, and Aura Sphere's charge-up damage isn't utilized very often, is it? I think people just want it back because it was there before. Of course, charge-up damage being added to Shadow Ball couldn't hurt, so I'm not against its addition at all. I simply question how useful it would be, and I personally think there are several other areas that should be addressed before Sakurai considers adding charge-up damage to Shadow Ball.

As for how I would buff Mewtwo, I'd fix his hitboxes, increase his overall power somewhat, and maybe reduce the end-lag on Teleport. I think that, if these changes were done to Mewtwo, then we'd be golden.

Also, as Mewtwo's @ U-Throw U-Throw , I, too, am a little upset that Charizard's @ U-Throw U-Throw is more powerful than I am.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Best way to land a SB period is B reversing it.

Or doing something crazy like going into the air bait an airdodge and fire a Max SB at point blank range.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Best way to land a SB period is B reversing it.

Or doing something crazy like going into the air bait an airdodge and fire a Max SB at point blank range.
I like to use Shadow Ball as an edge-guarding technique. It's so much fun to predict where a character will jump to and chuck Shadow Ball towards that point. Then, they get hit and are usually immediately KO'd. It's awesome!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Major spoiler for FE14
Kamui apparently isn't even Hoshido or Nohr, so no bloodline incest
Awakening and Sacred Stoners had incest too iirc
How did Sacred Stones have incest?
And actually, Kamui is still half-siblings with the Nohr, I believe.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Eirika is apparently able to marry a cousin at the end of the game or something, I don't remember.
The only blood relative she has in that game that I'm aware of is her twin brother, and the ending of the game says nothing about them getting married, even if they reach A-rank.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only blood relative she has in that game that I'm aware of is her twin brother, and the ending of the game says nothing about them getting married, even if they reach A-rank.
Throughout Sacred Stones it is implied that they have sexual and intimate relations. In Awakening, it is implied that Eirika was in fact married to Ephraim after the events of Sacred Stones. However, these are all implications. Nothing is fact here. It's like the Ike x Soren deal.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Fire Emblem has always had some kind of undertones hidden beneath it's surface. It is usually stuff that happens off screen or is merely implied, despite not being an M rated game.
There is this one disturbing scene in Sacred Stones after you beat Orson. Ephraim and Eirika then go see his wife, who is nothing but a corpse that can only repeat the same words. They decide to end her, out of pity.
Path of Radiance has the Gritnea Tower, which is filled with Laguz corpses. You get to see the room, but not the bodies, yet still the characters' reactions really drive the point home.
I believe also that Genealogy of the Holy War has dwelved into forced sex (can't spell the R word) as well.

You know how Fire Emblem and Lord of the Rings are pretty much based of a classic medieval setting? Well, Game of Thrones is less afraid on showing the ugly stuff which is a bit more accurate when compared to real life. That stuff tend to happen in FE as well, but to a lesser extent and off screen probably to avoid an M rating.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fire Emblem has always had some kind of undertones hidden beneath it's surface. It is usually stuff that happens off screen or is merely implied, despite not being an M rated game.
There is this one disturbing scene in Sacred Stones after you beat Orson. Ephraim and Eirika then go see his wife, who is nothing but a corpse that can only repeat the same words. They decide to end her, out of pity.
Path of Radiance has the Gritnea Tower, which is filled with Laguz corpses. You get to see the room, but not the bodies, yet still the characters' reactions really drive the point home.
I believe also that Genealogy of the Holy War has dwelved into forced sex (can't spell the R word) as well.

You know how Fire Emblem and Lord of the Rings are pretty much based of a classic medieval setting? Well, Game of Thrones is less afraid on showing the ugly stuff which is a bit more accurate when compared to real life.
I will be surprised if Fates doesn't get an M/18+ rating

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Throughout Sacred Stones it is implied that they have sexual and intimate relations. In Awakening, it is implied that Eirika was in fact married to Ephraim after the events of Sacred Stones. However, these are all implications. Nothing is fact here. It's like the Ike x Soren deal.
In addition to them being the king and queen of Renais, their legendary weapons, Sieglinde and Siegmund, is named after two siblings who loved each other in a legend. It's never outright stated that they are in a relationship, but I'd like to think they had something going on. Of course though, it may not be true. Just wanted to point this out.

Sacred Stones had implications, but FE4 pretty much had confirmed incest. Not sure if full blood siblings were involved, but in FE4 half-siblings/cousins were able to marry each other. They had kids too.
I will be surprised if Fates doesn't get an M/18+ rating
Remember that time with Tharja's butt in the Summer Scramble DLC? They'll probably censor Fates... a lot. I'd be surprised if they went with the M rating with no censorship at all. An M-rating would hurt sales.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In addition to them being the king and queen of Renais, their legendary weapons, Sieglinde and Siegmund, is named after two siblings who loved each other in a legend. It's never outright stated that they are in a relationship, but I'd like to think they had something going on. Of course though, it may not be true. Just wanted to point this out.

Sacred Stones had implications, but FE4 pretty much had confirmed incest. Not sure if full blood siblings were involved, but in FE4 half-siblings/cousins were able to marry each other. They had kids too.

Remember that time with Tharja's butt in the Summer Scramble DLC? They'll probably censor Fates... a lot. I'd be surprised if they went with the M rating with no censorship at all. An M-rating would hurt sales.
Doesn't hurt other games like Batman (that would be the inept PC port).
All it does (and should do) is stop the little kids from being able to buy it. Doesn't stop their parents from buying it for them though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

M rating does nothing to sales if COD has anything to go by

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
M rating does nothing to sales if COD has anything to go by
COD's demographic consists of mostly children and adults who act like children. It's allready bad enough that this ******** franchise is nothing but military propaganda anyways.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well, Advanced Warfare (or whatever it was called one of the last ones) seems to have been a legitimately good game. Haven't played it though.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271

You know how Fire Emblem and Lord of the Rings are pretty much based of a classic medieval setting? Well, Game of Thrones is less afraid on showing the ugly stuff which is a bit more accurate when compared to real life. That stuff tend to happen in FE as well, but to a lesser extent and off screen probably to avoid an M rating.
I've said a lot, recently, that Fire Emblem is like Game of Thrones, with more colorful hair. Hell, FE4 kinda has it's own version of the Red Wedding. FE has always been one of the darkest, most mature series Nintendo has.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I've said a lot, recently, that Fire Emblem is like Game of Thrones, with more colorful hair. Hell, FE4 kinda has it's own version of the Red Wedding. FE has always been one of the darkest, most mature series Nintendo has.
This. Awakening was the Black Sheep of the series being quite childish with its characters and story. It wasn't a good change, either, if you ask me.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
This. Awakening was the Black Sheep of the series being quite childish with its characters and story. It wasn't a good change, either, if you ask me.
It was my personal favorite, I fail to see anyones issue with it. Plus it had Lucina, the best girl imo. :3

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Eh. I like Awakening well enough, but like I said over in the Roy Social, the GBA games are my favorites in the series. Specifically FE7.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The Tellius saga is still my favorite. Awakening comes second, despite having a weaker story compared to it's predecessors.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Awakening and FE12 are tied for my top favorite. Sacred Stones falls closely behind.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE9 is the best IMO. The story is one of, if not the best, in the series and the gameplay is really well balanced and rewarding (bonus exp).

FE3 I kind of like more than FE12. The latter is probably the better game, but the former has more charm IMO, and also more levels.

FE2 I find to be underrated.
The GBA games are good.
FE10 has great storywise, but it destroyed supports and the non-Ike levels are a tad unbalanced/annoying.
FE11 stayed too close to the original and feels like a missed opportunity in most respects. Also it's dumb you have to killl characters to unlock the new ones.

Awakening is a good game, but it's just one that I can't help but get all nit-picky about.
  • The story is worst in the series (FE1 gets a pass IMO, the remakes/sequel really help as well).
  • We didn't need a story for most of the DLC/probably would gave been better to keep the games in separate universes.
  • It messed up in it's attempt to appeal to older fans. Seriously Marth & Grima, WTF happened after FE3?
  • The lack of color (everything is too brown, and Olivia is the only non-status quo or returning character with unnatural hair).
  • The character portraits don't blink or move their mouths.
  • Lots of anime stereotypes.
  • Chris did the whole "My Unit" thing significantly better.
  • No online multiplayer.
  • Questionable DLC.
  • Lack of variety in missions.
  • Unbalanced even for having the ability to grind like in FE2/8.
Fates seems to address a fair amount of these issues, at least it seems, but I just can't get over the fact that Phoenix Mode exists, and just how shameless the game is (borderline hentai level content, and pay-to-unlock DLC).

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Not every DLC pack was golden, but Awakening did had a lot of good DLC. Special mention goes to the one where you get to see how Lucina's dark future is.
I also really don't see the problem with the character portraits not moving their mouths. I mean, previous games had that and that was it, character expressions remained the same over the conversation, there was little emotion conveyed whatever the situation they were dealing with. Awakening at least you get to see more natural reactions out of the characters, which made them much more lively. When you have this instead you would think that not having their mouths move wouldn't be a problem; I just don't get why people seemed bugged over something so trivial.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not every DLC pack was golden, but Awakening did had a lot of good DLC. Special mention goes to the one where you get to see how Lucina's dark future is.
I also really don't see the problem with the character portraits not moving their mouths. I mean, previous games had that and that was it, character expressions remained the same over the conversation, there was little emotion conveyed whatever the situation they were dealing with. Awakening at least you get to see more natural reactions out of the characters, which made them much more lively. When you have this instead you would think that not having their mouths move wouldn't be a problem; I just don't get why people seemed bugged over something so trivial.
Some people have nitpicks, kinda like how I don't like how Anna isn't the game's chick that other women can S Support

Top Bottom